Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OFFICIAL Topps Million Card Giveaway Thread - Post your "wins" on 2/15!

Comments

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>cards are almost at 3$ a pop in the lots now on ebay. from 1$ a pop. >>

Last week I bought a lot of 10 for $12.00. A lot of 10 just sold on ebay for $31.00.... >>

I think we can blame Cal Ripken appearing on Fox News and the MLB Channel for this. Same thing happened to the George Bush/Jeter card after CNN or Fox News reported on it. A $3 at most started selling for $75-$200 at the hype of this.

Speaking of that card, wouldn't the version only found in complete sets w/out Bush be more valuable?
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

<< <i>anyone know if the redemptions are also in every ceral box pack like they are in the Jumbos?

I picked up 2 at lunch today but won't be ripping until I get home from work tonight >>

I have bought 3 cereal boxes and they all had redemption cards. Good luck!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    hi, what is on the fronts of the cards? The giveaway or aare the "the cards you mom threw out" players with redemptions on the back?

nevermind, seems like a LOT of sellers are trying to confuse people
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any cereal boxes out there yet.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>hi, what is on the fronts of the cards? The giveaway or aare the "the cards you mom threw out" players with redemptions on the back?

nevermind, seems like a LOT of sellers are trying to confuse people >>

Please explain.... Please.... What are they doing that's confusing?? I don't want to get ripped off if I get an itch..
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>hi, what is on the fronts of the cards? The giveaway or aare the "the cards you mom threw out" players with redemptions on the back?

nevermind, seems like a LOT of sellers are trying to confuse people >>

There are 10 different ones - don't have a scan of them but they have the million card giveaway logo and a slanted 9 card binder sheet on them and each card focuses on the center card. On the back they have the redemption code
  • Options
    They look like THESE.
  • Options
    Some type of Toppstown redemptions, also the subset of Cards your mom threw out" I thought I saw some dealers listed as "unclaimed" as in No bids or winners, etc
  • Options
    I'd love to hear your opinions on this:

I just traded a 1972 Topps Bud Harrelson IA for a 1993 Topps Barry Bonds. What would you have done?

Rich
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    Rich I have no idea, but I am wondering what condition therse cards are in. Are they from the factory sets purchased from Larry Fritsch?

• Options
    My guess is that the 72 Harrelson is probably an ex/mt-nm card but I'll never know now. I'd bet the Bonds is nm/mt-mt.

Rich
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    just redeemed my 2 from the cereal boxes

1983 Dave Kingman (Super Veteran)
    1985 Larry Bowa

• Options
    Here are the trades I've made so far:

My 2005 Chan Ho Park for a 1993 Cal Ripken Jr.
    My 1972 Tom Grieve for a 1968 Hank Allen (with a CU board member)
    My 1968 Hank Allen for a 1995 Cal Ripken Jr.
    My 1971 Jack Hiatt for a 2000 Cal Ripken Jr.

So far I'm loving the trade option. It's really bringing back the fun part of collecting from when I was a kid. When we were kids, my best friend's favorite player was Nolan Ryan and mine was of course Cal Ripken. I would always give him my Ryans, and he would give me his Ripkens. He probably made out more in the deals, but he no longer collects, and unfortunately he seems to not know what he did with all of his Ryans. image
  • Options
    Finally found a hobby shop in my area... went in today and bought a box... they gave me a card to redeem...

Got 1965 Topps #342 Bob Rodgers which according to Beckett is a $6.00 card... not bad... can't wait to rip some of these packs to see what wlse I got... out of 36 packs should get about 6 cards...
    Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When someone gets their first shipment of cards, post on here what the condition is. Getting a NM+ 1960s common worth $5-$10 would be cool. Getting a VG 1960s common worth $0.10, not so much.
  • Options
    When I pulled that 1961 Topps Mickey Mantle #307 from that 2001 Topps pack, it graded a PSA 6 (and that was a generous grade). I'm thinking you could expect anywhere from a PSA 5 to a PSA 8 when it comes to 50s through 70s cards coming from Topps. Just my guess, I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Had some trouble registering, finally got to unlock some cards.
      1973 Vincente Romo
        1979 San Diego Padres checklist
          1987 John Butcher
            1987 Robin Yount
              2002 Mike Lieberthal
                2005 Andy Pettitte.
                  No too bad, was fun! Now I'm looking for more packs!
                1. Options
                  There was an article in today's NY daily News about the cards. They should a 1952 Mantle in a PSA slab, the grade was covered, but they made it seem as though this was the prize. Card looked pretty nice, o/c but nice. Part of the serial # was showing, wish I saved the article.
                2. Options
                  Indy78Indy78 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭
                  Finally unlocked my 5 cards today. Here's how I did:

1968 Brooks Robinson / Third Base / Baltimore Orioles
                  Card ID Number: 20

1982 Rick Honeycutt / Pitcher / Texas Rangers
                  Card ID Number: 751

1985 Rufino Linares / Outfield / Atlanta Braves
                  Card ID Number: 167

1987 Edwin Nunez / Pitcher / Seattle Mariners
                  Card ID Number: 427

2002 Ichiro Suzuki / Outfield / Seattle Mariners
                  Card ID Number: 704

Is the Ichiro worth redeeming? I don't know anything about 2002 Topps.

Thanks
                3. Options
                  mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There was an article in today's NY daily News about the cards. They should a 1952 Mantle in a PSA slab, the grade was covered, but they made it seem as though this was the prize. Card looked pretty nice, o/c but nice. Part of the serial # was showing, wish I saved the article. >>

Here it is...a nice PSA 8. It could just be a sample photo though. Mantle

They are giving away at least three '52 Mantles, BTW.
                4. Options
                  Started playing with the trade feature. Did a search on 1981 Topps. Realized that 302 Alan Trammells have been unlocked
                5. Options
                  Ripped the hobby box I picked up earlier and indeed had 6 "unlock cards" these are the other 6 I pulled:

Morrie Martin 1952 #131 ...how cool is that 1952... hope it's not too OC (edit to add...only 352 cards in total from 1952 have been unlocked as of midnight tonight....)

Billy Hitchpenis 1963 #213 (apparently the site won't allow me to post his real last name as part of it is a forbidden word; hint it isn't really penis)

Ron Bryant 1973 #298 Ron Bryant / Pitcher /

Rick Auerbach 1974 #289 Rick Auerbach / Shortstop

Mike Krukow 1985 #74 Mike Krukow / Pitcher

Joel Skinner 1988 #109 -Joel Skinner / Catcher / New York Yankees
                  can't wait to see the condition of these....
                  LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
                6. Options
                  How many dam cards with codes are there? Toppstown and attacks cards?

Billy Wilson 1971

Billy Wilson - Pitcher - Philadelphia

John Hale 1977

John Hale / Outfield / Los Angeles Dodgers
                7. Options

<< <i>How many dam cards with codes are there? Toppstown and attacks cards? >>

I think every pack had a Toppstown code card... I have never done anything with them and probably have 100-125 of them in my basement... not too fond of virtual cards... doesn't hold the same thrill to me.. but perhaps I'll add a few and see... the attack cards seem to be some type of fantasy baseball... will look at that over the weekend.... at least the attack cards didn't count as one of the ten which Toppstown cards did image

edit to add... BTW the 1952 Morrie Martin RC I pulled is a $28 card in Ex-MT and at NM-MT becomes an $80 card... that card alone could pay for the hobby box...
                8. Options
                  MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
                  1987 Pete Rose
                  1995 Mark Miller

yeh haw
                  Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
                9. Options
                  tillertiller Posts: 149 ✭✭
                  How do you get them to send them your cards?
                10. Options

<< <i>How do you get them to send them your cards? >>

according to the site:
                  Hello, Shipping is currently unavailable. Shipping will be available on March 15, 2010.

If you click on your account you can enter all the information needed for shipping now. You just can't request until after March 15, 2010...

However they are running contests in April that will be based on the cards you have in your account so you may not want to have them shipped immediately until they announce what the prizes will be for the weekly contests.
                11. Options
                  tillertiller Posts: 149 ✭✭
                  Hey! Thanks for the info. So far ive got 13 cards, none older then 1970. Dave.
                12. Options
                  Once I get my 20 delivered (yes, I succumbed to the temptation and bought a lot of the Bay), I'm open to trading for cards around 1965-1972.

----------------------
                  Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
                  ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
                13. Options
                  update: redemptions look to be selling closer to 3 bucks each!! Almost not even worth it
                14. Options
                  BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
                  I am happy to offer up my prized topps million card giveaway winner 1964 topps Jim Bouton for Dodgers such as Giliam, Erskine, Labine and the like. I would love to trade for 1959 topps of any of those guys, and would be happy to throw in my 1974 Bud Harrelson into the pot, and my 1993 topps Scott Chiamparino, 86 Paul Householder, 2009 Eric Wedge, and even my 2009 Dustin Pedroia!
                15. Options

<< <i>update: redemptions look to be selling closer to 3 bucks each!! Almost not even worth it >>

Think at $3 each + shipping, it's better to buy boxes. There's some decent sp's and you at least get 1 auto/jumbo box. Jumbo boxes are about $100 and you get 10 redemptions.
                16. Options

<< <i>update: redemptions look to be selling closer to 3 bucks each!! Almost not even worth it >>

Yeah, luckily I got one of the last lots selling for a reasonable amount. Got 2 lots of 10 for $27 total. The guy had four lots of 10 for sale - I should've bought all 4 instead of only 2. image
                  ----------------------
                  ----------------------

17. Options
                  EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am happy to offer up my prized topps million card giveaway winner 1964 topps Jim Bouton for Dodgers such as Giliam, Erskine, Labine and the like. I would love to trade for 1959 topps of any of those guys, and would be happy to throw in my 1974 Bud Harrelson into the pot, and my 1993 topps Scott Chiamparino, 86 Paul Householder, 2009 Eric Wedge, and even my 2009 Dustin Pedroia! >>

I've got a 2005 Ricky Ledee. How's that?
                  My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
                18. Options
                  every time i log in to TM website i go to "my Trade" tag and see 3 pages of offers to trade that dustin pedroia auto, they want to trade me equal year or newer commons, decline, decline, decline, so on so forth,, put some meat on the table man,, come on,, lol,, bj
                  imageimageimageimageimage
                19. Options
                  Hey, I pulled a Babe Ruth card!!

Well, it's only the 1972 #626 Babe Ruth Award Card, but it's still pretty cool. image

Here's my updated list (up for trade):
                  1963 Jope Cunningham (they misspelled "Joe" on the TM website)
                  1963 Ron Perranoski
                  1966 John O'Donoghue
                  1967 Stu Miller
                  1972 Ken Boswell (In Action)
                  1972 Babe Ruth Award Card
                  1983 Alan Knicely
                  1984 Von Hayes
                  1985 Ralph Houk
                  1985 Chili Davis
                  1985 Eric Davis
                  1987 Kirby Puckett (base)
                  1987 Tony Gwynn (base)
                  1987 Teddy Higuera (AS)
                  1990 Vince Coleman
                  2001 Jose Silva
                  2005 Mike MacDougal

I received these in trades already:
                  1993 Cal Ripken Jr.
                  1995 Cal Ripken Jr.
                  2000 Cal Ripken Jr.
                20. Options
                  BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>

Yeah, luckily I got one of the last lots selling for a reasonable amount. Got 2 lots of 10 for $27 total. The guy had four lots of 10 for sale - I should've bought all 4 instead of only 2. image >>

Same here I bought 2 lots for $14.49 each with free delivery, I should have bought all 10 and sold half of them.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
                21. Options
                  Nothing but junk for me:

Jim Wynn 1974
                  Lindy McDaniel 1974
                  Eddie Murray 1983
                  Rick Camp 1985
                  Jerry Reuss 1985
                  Pete Rose 1987
                  Mike Schmidt 1987
                  Carney Lansford 1987
                  Kirk McCaskill 1988
                  Checklist Card 1988
                  Ruben Sierra 1992
                  Bill Gullickson 1993
                  Prospects Card 1993 #451
                22. Options
                  Well, got my first lot of redemptions I purchased from tntnorthnj on Ebay. Bought a lot of 9 TMC-1s.

Here are my cards:

2008 Damion Easley
                  1997 Jimmy Key
                  1988 Steve Sax
                  1987 Billy Beane
                  1985 Pete Ladd
                  1980 Hosken Powell
                  1980 Dan Spillner

1970 #486 Terry Harmon Phillies

and

1952 #189 Pete Reiser

I know it's only a common, but getting a '52 is sweeeeet image
                23. Options
                  Also, just wondering--are people having better luck pulling older/better cards from redemptions out of hobby or retail?
                24. Options
                  I don't think it matters where they come from, or what card number they are. It's all random.

EDIT: AWESOME 1952!! image
                25. Options
                  I see now...forgive my momentary stupidness...
                  Matt's Card Page
                  What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
                26. Options
                  Here are all mine so far.

Rookie Pitchers Card 1977- McGregor/Batton/Camp/Sarmiento

Al Holland 1985

Tracy Jones 1987

Jose Uribe 1987

Dan Petry 1987

Les Straker 1988

Kent Mercker 1993

Mac Suzuki 1995

Jimmy Parque 2001

Chuck Stobbs 1958

Steve Boros 1965

Rick
                  Buying or trading for Cubs, Angels autos and anything related to Nick Adenhart! ****RIP NA 34****
                27. Options
                  billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey, I pulled a Babe Ruth card!!

Well, it's only the 1972 #626 Babe Ruth Award Card, but it's still pretty cool. image

Here's my updated list (up for trade):

1983 Alan Knicely >>

Too bad you didn't get the 86 Knicely. You could have traded it for a Mantle RC
                28. Options
                  richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
                  props on the 52'
                  Buying:
                  Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
                  80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
                  90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
                  90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
                  1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
                  81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
                  91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
                29. Options
                  too bad these aren't gonna come in Heritage. I'd probably get enough to put the whole 87 set together
                30. Options
                  Decided to buy another box. Much better results:
                    1952 Randy Gumpert
                      1972 Dick Drago
                        1973 Willie Mays
                          1988 Dave Meads
                            1993 Rob Ducey
                              1993 Eric Young
                                Getting a Mays, and a 1952 is nice. Guess I'll have to keep opening packs (this isn't good for addictive personalties!).
                              1. Options
                                fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
                                A few 05 cards, an 01, and a 73 Jim Brewer I think
                              2. Options

<< <i>Decided to buy another box. Much better results:
                                  1952 Randy Gumpert
                                    1972 Dick Drago
                                      1973 Willie Mays
                                        1988 Dave Meads
                                          1993 Rob Ducey
                                            1993 Eric Young
                                              Getting a Mays, and a 1952 is nice. Guess I'll have to keep opening packs (this isn't good for addictive personalties!). >>

very nice!!!
                                            1. Options
                                              bought a jumbo box today, finally got some decent cards.

56 monte irvin and a s8 nolan ryan!

ok it was a 88 ryan!