2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭

<< <i>The Year of the Minnie?

MD, very nice box!

Anybody else picking up some really good deals online? A little bit of heresy, but I think I could have made an amazing set with the $ I have spent so far in boxes just picking up singles and lots. Maybe I wasn't as active last year, but it seems like there are a hell of a lot more /10, /25 relics and autos out there right now and thus pushing the prices down. Seems like it should be a limited market for these things, thereby keeping prices steady. Has to be more than 25 hardcore Heritage guys/gals.

Even if you sell it, Nick, you have to enter that Flood in the Buyback contest. Mike's entry is very nice, but yours is really, really nice.

Kurt >>

I bought a master set and a chrome set from a guy I've dealt with in Chicago. He called last night and said they'd be mailed Wednesday or Thursday and would include 655 in the master set . All this for $800 including postage. Still, it's a lot more fun opening packs.
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Mark (md), Great case you got there ! Some really nice pulls from all the Heritage guys on this board.

Kevin, I have the 14/25 Aparicio, I was debating hanging on to it or selling as I saw the one go for $246.50 yesterday. I have the Brooks #'d /25 from 2006 so I was thinking of just holding on but I'll listen to any offer.

No retail in our local Walmart yet, I pulled the trigger on 4 retail boxes from Wildwood this AM. Retail

I'm really enjoying watching all the breaks here.

Paul & Travis, best of luck on your cases, RIP 'EM !
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone else feel a little creppy walking through 2 different Targets everyday, speed-walking to that shelf at the end of the line of registers and then walking away trying to act like you weren't scoping out Yu-Gi-Oh cards ?? >>

LOL yeah, only Walmart in my case..the greeter there is my cousin's husband to boot.

Geordie, nice Berra pull.....that's not an easy relic.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Sorry to monopolize the thread........we have an ice storm here today so I'm staying home and catching up.

<< <i>I nabbed the other for $4 in a relic lot with a nice BIN. >>

Great grab Ian, I need to scour the lots more also.

LOL at pasting the panels in a scrapbook, just think collectors used to do that.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Travis, I think that is by far my favorite auto of the set.
  • Options
    TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    I was kind of shocked to see Delmon Young in a Twins uni.....guess I don't follow the 'hot stove' like I need to........ thought maybe that would be airbrushed! To no avail......lol

Are you guys holding off on putting your cards in binders? I started with a few last night and then realized there might be a bunch of undiscovered variations yet to come......
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was kind of shocked to see Delmon Young in a Twins uni.....guess I don't follow the 'hot stove' like I need to........ thought maybe that would be airbrushed! To no avail......lol

Are you guys holding off on putting your cards in binders? I started with a few last night and then realized there might be a bunch of undiscovered variations yet to come...... >>

exactly why I haven't done it yet. I can just see me doing it and then having to shift everything from card 3 forward or something LOL

I got one more box to break and then the withdrawal is going to hit badly. Holding off on that till I can better prepare myself for it
  • Options
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
  • Options
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Yup, those duals are SWEET.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    I just looked at TZ's link. I know Blasters usually have an extra pack, but is it usually 4 cards? Might be that it contains something extra in Retail?
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    That SUCKS. Blaster boxes have been 8 packs for 20 bucks in the past, now they are down to 7 packs plus some bonus pack that
    will probably have the Perez cards in them. Bad move by topps, maybe they will surprise us with the bonus pack!

Kevin
  • Options
    doesn't that seller of the blasters ship very, very very, slowly?

think I heard that in here before and I know a buddy of mine ordered a case of last years Heritage that took over a month to show up and that was in June or July, long after release.
  • Options

<< <i>That SUCKS. Blaster boxes have been 8 packs for 20 bucks in the past, now they are down to 7 packs plus some bonus pack that
    will probably have the Perez cards in them. Bad move by topps, maybe they will surprise us with the bonus pack!

Kevin >>

they've always been 7 packs plus the bonus (full) pack to make the 8
    not that big a difference especially if the 4 card pack contains something different.

And atleast they're 8 card packs. Ginter blasters had 6 card packs for a total of 16 cards less than 8 hobby packs. Were Heritage 8 card packs last year in the blasters? don't remember that
  • Options
    Kevin I'm sure you are right that the 8th pack will have the perez cards. Zep, yeah the heritage blasters were 8 card packs last year. I'm not sure if that seller ships slow, and I realize he is a high volume seller, but wow 50+ negs in a month seems a little high.
  • Options

<< <i>Are you guys holding off on putting your cards in binders? I started with a few last night and then realized there might be a bunch of undiscovered variations yet to come...... >>

Good question. I was considering that, but this rumor of variations of traded guys in retail is scaring me. I think I'll hold off a bit longer. I admit I like to get the cards in a binder, as it's more fun to put the missing cards into a slot as they roll in.
  • Options
    Retail is spreading like wildfire across EBay now.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    Has anybody been out on their daily retail search yet today?
  • Options
    Nothing in the Bay Area yet (this morning's stop off at Target).
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    I'm holding off on putting my set into sheets also........still not sure how hard I'll chase the variations.......hopefully they'll be in retail.

I priced out those blaster cases that sportsdeal is offering......it comes to $.29/card with SH.
    My hobby case worked out to $.26/card with SH.
    The retail (24 packs) boxes that I ordered this morn also work out to $.29/card with SH.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Well no ripping for me today, the USPS didn't show up with my boxes again. I don't understand how 2 packages can leave the same place at the same time and I get one Monday and the other still hasn't shown up 2 days later. I'm going to be really irritated if they've lost it.
  • Options
    Just got my four retail boxes (bought Sunday on eBay from wildwood_ent). No boxtoppers; 24 eight card packs per box. Opened and sorted one box:
    22 Black back
    8 short print
    1 TAN
    2 FB
    2 NFB
    1 chrome (Rollins)
    1 refractor (Billy Butler)
    Only one duplicate card out of 192.
    Should I grade exam papers or continue opening boxes?

Bob
  • Options
    The kids don't really need to know their grades just yet.....keep RIPPING!
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nothing in the Bay Area yet (this morning's stop off at Target). >>

Nothing in Merced's Target this morning either, Kurt. I'll check a couple Wal-Marts later today.
  • Options

<< <i>The kids don't really need to know their grades just yet.....keep RIPPING! >>

My thought also.
  • Options
    I think people are going overboard a little right now on the Minoso jersey. Yes, it is 1:18000 but it is also the only relic out of that group. If production is around 2 million packs that means there are over 100 of these out there (which if you look at the ebay auctions there are far more of these available than the Berra)
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think people are going overboard a little right now on the Minoso jersey. Yes, it is 1:18000 but it is also the only relic out of that group. If production is around 2 million packs that means there are over 100 of these out there (which if you look at the ebay auctions there are far more of these available than the Berra) >>

I've noticed the same thing. The Berras aren't popping up very often at all. None are currently up, and only (*edit*) five have closed. I'm wondering when (if?) Topps will be releasing print runs on the Group A & B relics.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    anyone looking for some nice nm-mint strater sets from 07 or 06 heritage prices 3-5 cents each in lots up to 200, we can work out a dela with stars but I am not lloking to get rich, just makin some room. Also, I have about 50 sp's and variations for the 07 set if anyone needs anything, I need about 02 cards from 05 as well. PM me

also have A&G starter sets relics mini's sp's ect
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Ted, did you have any non-black 2006 a&g minis? I have about 15 i still need (either back is fine).

needed: 23, 45, 50, 52, 56, 73, 150, 152, 185 279, 284 290 305

let me know, jim
  • Options
    alma1960alma1960 Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Please post whatever you hear on the retail boxes. I'm putting together a master set, just like years past, but I believe I'm going to also complete the clubhouse collection singles and the chrome parallels. Bought 3 Hobby boxes yesterday to get started. Pulled an Oswalt jersey, and a Chamberlin chrome in the only box I've opened. Pretty normal box.

I just purchased a Smoltz variation off ebay for $48 (includes shipping). Time will tell if I overpaid, but there were less of the Smoltz variation on ebay than the Santana in a Mets uniform. What strategy is everyone using on acquiring these variations?

I trade a lot on the Bench, but this is the best, most informative thread I've seen on 2008 Topps Heritage. Thanks to everyone for this great info. I've learned a lot. - Mark
    Collect HOF on card autographs -PSA graded

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

Topps Heritage Blue Autos (2016-2022)
  • Options
    Sorry, that was supposed to be a pm!

On a good news note: I just got my full refund in my paypal account from SVU18....I think the refund was given to me by paypal...not sure if it came from svu...but i don't care.

Did everyone else get their refund?
  • Options
    Good news on the refund Parker, at least it didn't take a real long time to get your money back, still would have been nice to have the cards though.
  • Options

<< <i>Please post whatever you hear on the retail boxes. I'm putting together a master set, just like years past, but I believe I'm going to also complete the clubhouse collection singles and the chrome parallels. Bought 3 Hobby boxes yesterday to get started. Pulled an Oswalt jersey, and a Chamberlin chrome in the only box I've opened. Pretty normal box.

I just purchased a Smoltz variation off ebay for $48 (includes shipping). Time will tell if I overpaid, but there were less of the Smoltz variation on ebay than the Santana in a Mets uniform. What strategy is everyone using on acquiring these variations?

I trade a lot on the Bench, but this is the best, most informative thread I've seen on 2008 Topps Heritage. Thanks to everyone for this great info. I've learned a lot. - Mark >>

I opened and sorted all four retail boxes I got on eBay. Here goes:

Short prints: 30 different plus 1 duplicate
    Black back: 78 different plus 11 duplicates
    Flashback: 7 different plus 2 duplicates
    News Flashback: 7 different plus 2 duplicates
    New Age Performers: 7 different
    Then and Now: 6 different plus 1 duplicate
    Chrome: 6 (including Alex Rodriguez, all well centered)
    Refractor: 1 (in the first pack, of 96, I opened)
    Clubhouse Collection: 3 (Martinez grey jersey, Zimmerman white jersey, Mazeroski bat)
    % of set: 80.4% (402 different, including short prints)
    Damaged: 2 (one bent, one crimped)
  • Options
    At first glance it appears that only the Chrome and Refractor odds are different on Retail compared to Hobby. Chrome odds are listed as 1:8 on my Hobby packs. Were the odds listed as 1:15 or 1:16 for the retail packs? Might be the better buy for a set collector.

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

• Options
    Any word of variations?
    IWTDMBII
  • Options

<< <i>At first glance it appears that only the Chrome and Refractor odds are different on Retail compared to Hobby. Chrome odds are listed as 1:8 on my Hobby packs. Were the odds listed as 1:15 or 1:16 for the retail packs? Might be the better buy for a set collector. >>

Mark,
    The stated on my retail packs were: chrome, 1:18 and refractors, 1:59.
    There were no variations. I got one "John" Smoltz and two Santana in a Twins' uniform.
  • Options
    Box 12 and my final rip for a while....

somewhat pleasing - got me 5 cards closer to the master set leaving me 3 short

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>Box 12 and my final rip for a while....

somewhat pleasing - got me 5 cards closer to the master set leaving me 3 short
    >>

Zep.....I hate you. image
  • Options
    Zep, that was one heck of a case...and don't try to tell us that's the last of the ripping for awhile, you have the addiction as bad as the rest of us. image
  • Options

<< <i>On a good news note: I just got my full refund in my paypal account from SVU18....I think the refund was given to me by paypal...not sure if it came from svu...but i don't care. >>

Wooohooooo, gonna check my dispute daily now. Very nice Jim.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    2 really nice pulls on the dual relic & the Mets Santana Mike.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options

<< <i>Zep, that was one heck of a case...and don't try to tell us that's the last of the ripping for awhile, you have the addiction as bad as the rest of us. image >>

That case was a lot of fun to rip but I'm broke as far as cards go for atleast a couple weeks image

got everything sorted just need to count up the Chromes and I'll post a complete case breakdown later this evening - It was a good one
  • Options

<< <i>2 really nice pulls on the dual relic & the Mets Santana Mike. >>

thanks man, got the Smoltz earlier so it was extra nice to get the Santana in the last box
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Well, although I was suppose to get my case from aaee8 on Kevin's birthday, the 5 boxes I ordered from LRCards came today, on my birthday. image I was beginning to think I'd never see a Heritage box.

I'll share scans later, but I usually have the luck of a pregnant nun when it comes to opening packs, so don't expect much.

Today is the last day aaee8 has to respond to my paypal claim. Still keeping my fingers crossed I get that money back, one way or the other.

shawn
  • Options
    zep, do you know if pulling a Santana and a Smoltz variation from the same case is common? I would have expected to see more on ebay if they were inserted at that rate. Looks like you had an awesome case, very nice pulls.

I purchased a case of Topps Series one and only pulled one Gulliani variation but ebay was flooded with the card. Curious what you've heard on these Heritage variations. thanks, Mark

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

• Options

<< <i>zep, do you know if pulling a Santana and a Smoltz variation from the same case is common? I would have expected to see more on ebay if they were inserted at that rate. Looks like you had an awesome case, very nice pulls.

I purchased a case of Topps Series one and only pulled one Gulliani variation but ebay was flooded with the card. Curious what you've heard on these Heritage variations. thanks, Mark >>

only things I know about those are what I pretty much read here. Someone got 2 Santanas from a case but no Smoltzes. Didn't read of anyone else getting both but maybe I missed it. Then you got the guy on Ebay sying he got 3 Santanas from the same pack and 2 Smoltzes from the same pack - sounded a bit fishy to me. I don't think many are being pulled. Someone else here said that Topps said the Smoltz was rarer than the Santana.

And about the Gulliani - I pulled 2 out of 1 jumbo box and think I have 4 or 5 overall from the 5 hobby boxes and 2 Jumbos I bought.
  • Options
    zep I need you to start purchasing cases/boxes for me. Sounds like you have the magic touch. My best pull was back in 1999 when I got a Ken Griffey Jr. RC buyback autograph. Since then I usually pull the Heritage box with no relic. I have a standard letter to Topps, just change the product, year, and box lot number. Thanks for posting the card images. - Mark

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

• Options

<< <i>zep I need you to start purchasing cases/boxes for me. Sounds like you have the magic touch. My best pull was back in 1999 when I got a Ken Griffey Jr. RC buyback autograph. Since then I usually pull the Heritage box with no relic. I have a standard letter to Topps, just change the product, year, and box lot number. Thanks for posting the card images. - Mark >>

LOL - that was my luck back then too. Last year, things turned around a bit for some reason. I do get a lot of duds too but have pulled some really nice stuff over the last year or so
  • Options
    Let me add my two cents: zep you suck!

just kidding, great pulls! i couldn't resist picking up two more boxes from my local guy. He has a complete case that I can get for 745 ($65/box). i did have some willpower to resist that one.

peace. - jp