Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2008 TOPPS HERITAGE Thread

1363738394042»

Comments

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone create a binder insert for '08 Heritage they'd be willing to share with me? I appreciate any help.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need the following 2008 Chromes if anyone is still trading or interested in selling.

2008 Heritage Chrome:

Thanks
    Stoney
  • Options
    What I need:

Green back: 150
    SP: 450, 461, 488
    Then & Now: 1

If anyone has a fair price for these, let me know.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    I added a ton of 2008 SPs to my tradepage, and I'd really like to fill some holes in my earlier sets. I'm only a few cards away from finishing the 2002, 2003, and 2005 chrome sets. I'll send some emails and PMs out in the next few days, but if anyone sees anything they need, just let me know.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    2009 Im going full boar! I always grab a hobby box or 2 but I am thinking one hobby and one retail. Would that get me a ful set? Or not even close.
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭

<< <i>2009 Im going full boar! I always grab a hobby box or 2 but I am thinking one hobby and one retail. Would that get me a ful set? Or not even close. >>

I've bought two hobby cases every year since 2003 and have never been able to complete a master set without further purchases or trades. I always seem to come up short between one and five sp's.
  • Options
    I purchased what is basically 1/2 a case last year (3 hobby boxes and 10 or so blasters), my first dabble into Heritage...still haven't completed my set.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    There is some guy who shows up every year and collectors heritage....he collects the set and then the real one autos. He trades
    a bunch of cards for autos, so if you choose not to sell your ink on ebay, you can always do plenty of damage on your set by
    trading them to him. I also heard he has a massive collection of previous heritage set building material.

Kevin
  • Options
    MY NEEDS:
    I have completed my base/sp/inserts master set, as well as the seat relic cards and almost all of the clubhouse collection cards.

I need the following clubhouse collection cards:
    Bob Gibson, Luis Aparicio, Yogi Berra

I also need all of the Real One Autos EXCEPT the following:
    Bob Martyn, Bill Renna, Bob Smith, Jim Bolger, Joba Chamberlain, J.W. Porter, Mike baxes, Phil Clark, Scott Podsednik, Ted Kazanski, Tom Qualters

I will trade, or pay via-paypal. Please contact me if you have any of these cards.

HAVE TO TRADE:
    I have the following clubhouse collection relic cards to trade:
    Andruw Jones, Craig Biggio, Carlos Delgado, Justin Verlander, Miguel Tejada, Pedro Martinez, Roy Oswalt, Richie Sexson (x3), Todd Helton

I have the following Short Prints & Inserts to trade:

Short Prints:
    11 Luke Scott(x2)
    451 Josh Anderson RC
    454 Brandon Inge
    479 Tony Larussa AS
    481 Derrek Lee AS (x2)
    483 Orlando Hudson AS
    485 Miguel Cabrera AS
    488 Carlos Guillen AS
    489 Ken Griffey Jr. AS
    490 Vladimir Guerrero AS
    491 Alfonso Soriano AS
    492 Ichiro AS
    498 Josh Beckett AS

Chrome /1959:
    C30 Ichiro

New Age Performers:
    NAP13 Josh Beckett

Flashbacks:
    BF1 Minnie Minoso
    BF4 Bill Mazeroski (x2)
    BF6 Frank Robinson
    BF7 Brooks Robinson (x2)
    BF10 Eddie Mathews

News Flashbacks:
    NF5 NASA Introduces the First Seven Astronauts
    NF9 In Cold Blood Murders Committed
    BF10 Antarctic Treaty Signed

Then and Now:
    TN2 Ernie Banks / Alex Rodriguez (x2)
    TN4 Luis Aparicio / Jose Reyes
    TN5 Mickey Mantle / David Ortiz
    TN8 Minnie Minoso / Ichiro
    TN9 Frank Robinson / David Ortiz

Dick Perez:
    HDP1 Manny Ramirez
    HDP3 Ryan Howard
    HDP5 Tim Lincecum
    HDP8 Joba Chamberlain
    HDP9 Ichiro

T205 Minis:
    HTCP1 Albert Pujols (x2)
    HTCP4 Luke Hochevar
    HTCP5 Alex Rodriguez (x2)
    HTCP8 Ryan Braun (x2)
    HTCP9 Joba Chamberlain
    HTCP10 Ryan Howard
    HTCP11 Ichiro
    HTCP12 Steve Pearce

Highlights of my 2008 Topps Heritage Master Collection:
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've bought two hobby cases every year since 2003 and have never been able to complete a master set without further purchases or trades. I always seem to come up short between one and five sp's. >>

About the same here except I buy 1 hobby & 1 retail case along with blasters. The chrome set is impossible to finish with 2 cases.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    For anyone working on the Clubhouse Collection relic cards, are there are certain group of cards that are really tough to find? I'm having a hard time finishing the set.
  • Options
    I just sold my Minoso CH relic...all I have left is a Tejada.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For anyone working on the Clubhouse Collection relic cards, are there are certain group of cards that are really tough to find? I'm having a hard time finishing the set. >>

These:

Group A
    imageimage
    imageimage

Group B
  • Options
    I have 2007 Refractor #15 - Gil Meche, and 2008 T-205 ! albert Pujols and 4 luke Hochevar

I'm looking for the 2008 Valentinetti auto. PM me please if interested
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For anyone working on the Clubhouse Collection relic cards, are there are certain group of cards that are really tough to find? I'm having a hard time finishing the set. >>

These:

Group A
    imageimage
    imageimage

Group B
    image >>

Geordie-

There's a Mazeroski on Ebay now for $199. Is this a typical price for the Group A cards? I was thinking of making a run at finishing the 2008 relics set, but if that's the going price, I'm going to bow out.

• Options
    Brian - not even close. If you search the closed auctions, there were two /25 auto'd Mazeroskis that went for $99 BIN. If the seller is hoping for more than that, he's dreaming. I'd make him a $50 offer and see what happens. I think that's about what I paid for mine at the height of Heritage season.
  • Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Brian - not even close. If you search the closed auctions, there were two /25 auto'd Mazeroskis that went for $99 BIN. If the seller is hoping for more than that, he's dreaming. I'd make him a $50 offer and see what happens. I think that's about what I paid for mine at the height of Heritage season. >>

I forget exactly what I paid for mine but it was right about $50. I think that's a fair price.
  • Options
    Brian - Here are the results I have from eBay for the Maz relic. As you can see, they have sold for a wide range. Hope this helps.

9/8 - 78.00
    8/24 - 67.60
    8/17 - 72.50
    6/8 - 51.15
    5/26 - 66.65
    5/21 - 84.99 (BIN)
    5/8 - 50.99
    4/27 - 87.01
    4/23 - 89.95 (BIN)
    4/20 - 73.76
    4/16 - 87.75
    4/10 - 92.00
    3/30 - 130.00
    3/27 - 54.68
    3/22 - 139.50
    3/11 - 66.00
    3/9 - 83.15
    3/8 - 202.50
    3/5 - 22.31
  • Options
    Boiler-

That is phenomenal. Do you keep track of those using a special program? I know you can't search that far back on Ebay.

• Options
    Brian - PM sent
  • Options
    For the guys that go after the Chrome and Refractor sets, do you keep those in the same binder or use a separate one? Curious how everyone else puts there set together.
  • Options
    Hey-

I'm the one with the mazeroski and minoso cards on ebay for buy-it-now. Unbelievably, I bought them for above book value (minoso, mazeroski, and aparicio) but have decided to not persue the rest of the set... The Group A and B are almost impossible to find. You may get lucky, I just recently missed a yogi berra BUY IT NOW for $35!!! The last one I saw sell went for over $100. I listed my aparicio BUY IT NOW for $99 and it sold within 2 hours. If you check the newest online beckett, the group A have doubled in value, now 100-120 instead of 50-60.

If you need the Minoso, I can sell it for a decent amount below book value, I have 2 of them. Preferably, i would like to trade to get the berra or gibson. Let me know if you're interested. My ebay name is "JohnSmithHouston", same as this one, so feel free to contact me or send an offer. honestly, I can't go below $125 for the mazeroski. For the minoso, I could go to the $60 range.

I'll also consider trades for real one autos or other group a relics.
  • Options
    My Minoso sold on eBay a couple of months ago for a whole $35...I wouldn't call it rare.
  • Options
    1 in 7400 hobby, 18,000 retail. pretty rare in my book
  • Options

<< <i>1 in 7400 hobby, 18,000 retail. pretty rare in my book >>

Not when they made 15 million packs of each.
  • Options
    I pulled the Gibson out of a retail pack...also did that on my Mantle/Robinson dual seat. You just can't hold heritage collectors back, if they want a card they
    will pay for it. Master set builder means something different now a days when it comes to heritage.

Kevin
  • Options
    Incorrect, there were only about 1 million hobby packs (based on 1:98,000 of the ten (10) 1/1 cut signature cards). With there being 5 relics with a 1:7400 packs, you're looking at a total spread of 135 group a/b relic cards. Not sure of retail pack production, but i doubt 14 million. image
  • Options
    joe, do you still have the gibson (is it for sale)?
  • Options

<< <i>joe, do you still have the gibson (is it for sale)? >>

turn on your PM's and shoot me an offer

Kevin
  • Options
    i sent a PM, are mine turned off?
  • Options

<< <i>Incorrect, there were only about 1 million hobby packs (based on 1:98,000 of the ten (10) 1/1 cut signature cards). With there being 5 relics with a 1:7400 packs, you're looking at a total spread of 135 group a/b relic cards. Not sure of retail pack production, but i doubt 14 million. image >>

What's the pop count on the dual relics? I forget what the odds were quoted as on the packs.
  • Options

<< <i>i sent a PM, are mine turned off? >>

Yours are indeed turned off...go to the "profile" tab, scroll down some, hit the check box to allow PMs.
  • Options
    I thought the dual relics were always numbered to the year they honored..so 08=59 print run.

Kevin
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Heritage gents,

I am looking to pick up a bunch of Phillies team sets for me and the family (Sp's included). Anyone who might be looking to sell off some dups
    let me know and it would be much appreciated. I have requests for a handful of team sets so I thought to start here.

Thanks,

Tony (aconte)
  • Options
    I just wanted to post because yesterday was a momentous day for me- I finished the set!

Well, I finished the 655-card version of the Master Set. I still need to pick up the Perez cards and the Target mini's to achieve the 680-card set (and I'm still working on the Clubhouse relic cards) but I still wanted to celebrate.

I always find it interesting to know what the last card that was needed to finish a set. This year for me it was #150 Pujols (Green Back).
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Since the 2009 Heritage post has already started I thought I'd take another shot at finishing my 08 set. I'm down to these 9 cards if anyone can help!

11 Scott
    284 Billingsley
    315 Jones
    444 Rolen
    457 Dodgers
    496 Martinez
    NAP2 Ichiro
    TN1 Arod/Mathews
    TN4 Reyes/Aparicio

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    blue227blue227 Posts: 185 ✭✭
    I am searching for a couple of high # Heritage refractors and have listed all of the dupes that I have to trade.

All my dupes are well centered (at least 60/40 or better all around) and I'd be interested in similarly centered cards.

My Want List:
    206 Duchscherer
    220 Longoria

My Dupes List:
    201 Saunders
    221 Kuroda
    222 G. Smith
    225 Pelfrey
    236 Perkins (on hold)
    244 Cantu
    251 Gomes
    253 Hinske
    273 T.Jones
    277 Lamb (on hold)
    292 M.Diaz

I'd trade 1:1 for the Duchscherer card and would offer 4 of my dupes for the Longoria.

If you don't have anything to trade, I'm also selling my dupes @ $3 + SASE w/toploader and adequate return postage.

Send me a PM if you're interested in a trade or purchase.

thanks,
    Kirk

• Options
    For the guys who included the Target mini 15-card set as part of their master set, how did you put the cards in your binder? Did you use a typical 9-pocket page, or does Ultra Pro make a page for minis of this size? I've been having a hard time keeping the minis straight in the pockets.
  • Options
    Brian

Ultra Pro makes a nice 15 slot sheet for the minis, I have all three of my Ginter sets in them.

Kevin
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I ran across this Minoso seat card the other day. I've had a few others but the seats were always wood colored. This one is black. Anyone seen a seat card with a black piece of stadium seat in it?

• Options
    Who has heritage autographs they want to trade?

Kevin
  • Options
    Chris - colored seats can be found for lots of the Grandstand cards if you're patient. Your "5" looks pretty mangled, though - is it possible it's an altered card?
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Chris - colored seats can be found for lots of the Grandstand cards if you're patient. Your "5" looks pretty mangled, though - is it possible it's an altered card? >>

It could be an altered card, but I doubt it just because I got as a throw in with a lot of Heritage short prints that I bought on ebay. This card was not listed in the auction and I had no idea the seller would be sending it to me. It was a total bonus that they threw in. I think I paid about $2 per SP, so it's not like it was a bonus because the bidding went real high. Don't see any other suspicious spots on the card. Is there a premium on dark wood relic cards?
  • Options
    For as long as heritage has been out there are have been wood variation on the stadium relics. I havn't seen that much of a premium for color variations (especially
    one colored ones), but the auto relics usually have some interesting pieces with them!

Kevin
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    Update from the 2008 Heritage series- I sent in the 24 wrappers, receipt and copy of the barcode from the box because I did not get a relic or an autograph.

Topps was pretty quick on the response, I mailed it on January 31st, and the letter back was dated February 6th.

What did I get-

A Miguel Tejada relic.

Now I wonder if that was what suppose to be in that box (do they track it by the barcode (why else would they require all that?))

Or was that just a stack of leftover relics they had on hand to fill these requests. (??)

Has anyone had luck sending in the wrappers?

Here's looking forward to 2009 !!
  • Options
    That is nice that topps took care of you. They have no idea to as what is in each box. They do keep replacments around.. I have heard before that
    it represnets 2-3% of the total run. They probably give some away during the NPN too.

Kevin