Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Unbelievable. Outscored White Sox 46-7 over 4 games.

I think the pressure now is on the Yankees. They basically have to sweep the Red Sox games - the Red Sox only need to break even>>.

It was a great weekend, the WhiteSox got shelled, and are probably in shock. I can't believe a team could rock another 4 straight games, 46 to 7.

I also enjoyed Detroit holding on to a 5-4 lead, even sweeter.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah!!

Let hope Yankee-Killer Youlkis uses this series to get back into a hitting groove again.
  • Options
    Even nicer that even if the yanks take 2/3 from the Sox, they'll still be 6.5 games back...with the way the sox are hitting and the yanks are struggling, I wouldn't be surprised to see the sox take 2/3 or even sweep...if that happens, and the yanks are either 8.5 or 9.5 out, there's no way they recover that ground in a month.
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing to me with the stars and attention many of the Red Sox get, Wakefield just goes about his business year after year putting up good numbers and giving the Sox stability in his share of the rotation. I have to assume that the Red Sox nation in the NE area really appreciate him.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wake is appreciated and loved. image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Pretty banged up right now after my Fantasy Fotball draft and I cannot tell which one Im happier with... My Draft! or the day in MLB!!! SOX WIN... NICE!!! YANKEES LOSE!!! MOJO!!!!!!! YES MOJO!!!!

YANKEES WE ARE BRINGING IT TO YOU!!!!!!!!

imageimage
  • Options
    Looking good RED SOX NATION!!!!!!!!!! 7.5!

imageimage
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Magic number is 25.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options

<< <i>Magic number is 25.

Ron >>

Yes Ron that is a magical #!!!
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    You guys sure beat the heck out of your white brothers this weekend! 48 runs verses 7 for the white sox, Holy COW
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigers are up by seven... image
  • Options
    This just in, Mussina has been god awful, 7.52 ERA in August.

8-0 now.

• Options
    I implore you to join the Kiss Arse Club.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options

<< <i>I implore you to join the Kiss Arse Club. >>

Because I posted a relevant statistic? Good god I must be an arse kisser. Don't be mad because I didn't chose your side, Evil One.
  • Options
    You know it's a great thing when the Sox have the night off and you get to enjoy watching the Yankees getting SMASHED.
  • Options
    This just in:

Detroit 10(!), NY Nada.
  • Options

<< <i>You know it's a great thing when the Sox have the night off and you get to enjoy watching the Yankees getting SMASHED. >>

You guys are hot and well rested, and we're getting creamed image

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A peaceful calm settles over Red Sox Nation...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I have to say - it's a pretty damn good night tonight!
  • Options

<< <i>A peaceful calm settles over Red Sox Nation... >>

FOR NOW!
  • Options
    A 16-0 beatdown by the tigers all but killed any hopes the yanks had of any momentum going into the series that will likely determine their postseason plans. If they don't sweep, they'll still be 7 down. Throw in the Sox having who they want up for these three games and it doesn't bode well for the yankee fans.

It's been awfully quiet in their thread lately.
  • Options
    Ok guys listen up......................

HUGE SERIES COMING STARTING TODAY!!!! Lets remain on top of our game and kick the Yankees where it counts while they are down!!!!

NO MERCY!!!!!! LETS GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Let's score some serious F-IN runs for the DICE-MAN
  • Options

<< <i>Let's score some serious F-IN runs for the DICE-MAN >>

when was the last time the Sox scored runs for Matsuzaka? I really can't recall.
  • Options
    I think....NEVER
  • Options
    LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Man,.......................I really hate J.D. Screw.
  • Options
    Take that you Red Sox fans! Not like playing the Chisox, is it?! How'd you like our boy, Joba? image

I know, I know we're 7 games back image
  • Options
    The Red Sox, meet Joba. Joba, meet the Red Sox.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    And the Idiot comes though and gets the game winning hit!

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>And the Idiot comes though and gets the game winning hit! >>

It's a good thing he did since he totally botched that Varitek "home run."
  • Options
    <<It's a good thing he did since he totally botched that Varitek "home run.">>

It did look like it was catchable.

• Options
    image I dont care if we are up 20 games a loss in New York is the second worst thing after losing at home to New York.
  • Options
    Yeah Joba, struck out our two worst hitters, I knew you freaks would be on here a minute after that inning. He did have good speed, but his location looked awful, even if JD BLEW looked utterly confused. On to game 2!
  • Options
    Yanks fans are awful mouthy for being just a day removed from a 16-0 BEATDOWN.
  • Options
    Maybe the Spank-me's will use the 16-0 smackdown as a rallying point... and refuse to lose another game this season.

• Options

<< <i>Yeah Joba, struck out our two worst hitters, I knew you freaks would be on here a minute after that inning. He did have good speed, but his location looked awful, even if JD BLEW looked utterly confused. On to game 2! >>

Ummm we were on after the game, not after the inning image. Joba was definitely nervous, and that was the worst I've seen from him. Yet he struck out two and Ortiz couldn't get around his fast ball. He will be a nightmare for you in the future!
  • Options
    Look at us go! I kinda knew we were going to go into one of those freakin' Bull$it run scoring slumps as soon as we got to New York. Hey if they want to embaress themselves screw 'em.
  • Options
    Red Sox Nation is awfully quiet.
  • Options
    we got beat, we didn't play our best ball. THANKFULLY we didn't get smoked by 15 runs though, you guys just eeked out a win
  • Options
    this will be tough against Wang. And will we see the good or the evil Schilling today?
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    You know the Yankees dynasty has crumbled when their entire hopes rest on a 21 year old kid who is not an everyday player. Good luck with all that.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Red Sox Nation is awfully quiet. >>

Wake us up if this ever becomes a pennant race. Thanks.
  • Options
    this just in...JD Blew still sux
  • Options
    Youk was definitely out of the base path. Why didn't he just bowl A-Rod over?
  • Options

<< <i>Youk was definitely out of the base path. Why didn't he just bowl A-Rod over? >>

why didn't Blew just get a hit instead of his usual lazy grounder?
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    WTF? Schilling is pitching well enough to win. What is up with the bats? Are they all tired from whupping up on the ChiSox?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Red Sox Nation is awfully quiet. >>

Wake us up if this ever becomes a pennant race. Thanks. >>

Wake up sleepy head! This just in - SWEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

You're welcome image
  • Options

<< <i>WTF? Schilling is pitching well enough to win. What is up with the bats? Are they all tired from whupping up on the ChiSox? >>

year after year, this is typical: best team in baseball one week, worst the next. Planets need to align for the Sox to be successful.
  • Options
    HA HA HA!!!! This just frigen typical!! image These guys doing what they do best! Pulling us right in and getting us excited so they can go into New York and get swepped! Freakin good for them! I hope they all are freakin embaressed and ashamed of themselves! WTF is a matter with Youk? did he forget how to run the bases in that situation? Not that its his fault we lost but WTF?

I love my Sox but WILL NOT feel any pity for them when they do this $hit! I hoped they got laughed out of the Stadium parking lot afterwords-they FREAKIN' deserve it!