Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• Options
    I saw that lead disappear quick...went from 10-1 to 10-9 quickly.

I hope they hold on to bury the yanks from thinking about that division title.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Whew......13-10.

An ugly W, but a W nonetheless.

What's up with Dice-K? Not too sharp last few outings, seems to give up the big inning a lot.

7 up, 24 to play.

Capecards
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I was one of many viewers, who I'm sure turned the game off at 10-1...and went out for a bit, thinking the game was over. That's what I mean about the Blue Jays - they always hang around and make things difficult for the Sox.

Dice-K is getting tired, he's not used to pitching this many innings in a season. At least that's my theory - which is why he was sharp through 5 innings, and then lost it quick. The Sox need to clinch this early, so they can rest him a few turns before the playoffs.

And how about the Sox youth movement! Bucholz, Ellsbury, Moss, Pedroia, Lester - the list goes on, and they are all contributing.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dice-K is demonstrating the same form that Beckett exhibited last season: Pitching high fastballs in the strike zone. He's giving up homers like Beckett did last year. Beckett has had better command this year down low and has reduced his tendency to give up the gopher ball. Dice-K needs to make the adjustment.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UGLY W. We will take it though, it seems Dice fall apart after the 5-6th innings? He cannot hope to get enough run support like he did last night to bail him out again. He needs to make some adjustments or Tito will just have to monitor him more closely after mid game, our bullpen is strong enough to take over so I doubt we will allow him to get rocked like that again wether or not is a 9 run lead or not.
  • Options
    I was very afraid when I saw Timlin come in the game. Luck was on our side (I attribute it all to luck...it was Timlin after all) and he bridged the way to Papelbon.
  • Options
    Gotta love the yanks falling 7 games back....who was it that was suggesting the yanks were going to end up with the best record in baseball?

Hilarious.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was very afraid when I saw Timlin come in the game. Luck was on our side (I attribute it all to luck...it was Timlin after all) and he bridged the way to Papelbon. >>

It takes pinpoint pitching skill to have those line drives go right to the infielders!
  • Options
    More help to the bullpen? Sox anounced today that Bucholz is going to the penn for the rest of this year, Im not sure how I feel about this?
  • Options

<< <i>More help to the bullpen? Sox anounced today that Bucholz is going to the penn for the rest of this year, Im not sure how I feel about this? >>

Perk, this must be the first time in MLB that a guy throws a no hitter and gets "demoted" to the bull pen. Are you guys hurting in the pen right now?
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I think there is a maximum of innings pitched for a minor leaguer, he is close to that from throwing a perfect nine..in case you missed it
  • Options
    I recall a promising starter a few years ago came up to the big club and after some time was demoted to the bullpen. Sad day in Sox history and in the life of J. Papelbon, no doubt.
  • Options

<< <i>I recall a promising starter a few years ago came up to the big club and after some time was demoted to the bullpen. Sad day in Sox history and in the life of J. Papelbon, no doubt. >>

• Options
    Why aren't we talking about Ellsbury like the Yank fans do about their prospects? Maybe cause we dont need to cling to a shred of hope?
  • Options

<< <i>Why aren't we talking about Ellsbury like the Yank fans do about their prospects? Maybe cause we dont need to cling to a shred of hope? >>

Agreed. I meen their Jobba the Hut throws a few strikes and they talk like he is the next Cy Young! image We also know Ellsbury will be far better than the likes of Melky Cabrera image
  • Options
    Meanwhile... LETS GO PAPELBON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Good Job getting back on track fellas!
  • Options
    Well at least I got another "W" in Fantasy Baseball. image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Why aren't we talking about Ellsbury like the Yank fans do about their prospects? Maybe cause we dont need to cling to a shred of hope? >>

Agreed. I meen their Jobba the Hut throws a few strikes and they talk like he is the next Cy Young! image We also know Ellsbury will be far better than the likes of Melky Cabrera image >>

Joba is a bona fide stud. Don't be so jealous image
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    A nice win tonight, Beckett outdueling Halliday.

Ellsbury is really looking good. Gives the team a youthful energy boost for the stretch run.

7 up, 23 to play.
    Capecards
  • Options

<< <i>
    Joba is a bona fide stud. Don't be so jealous image >>

He's a wanker who has no respect for the game who throws at the *heads* of opposing players. He needs to be slapped around repeatedly until he learns he has no right to do that.
  • Options
    I'm sick of hearing about this Jobba kid already. When he throws more than a handful of pitches, or accomplishes something of note (other than head-hunting), let me know.

Bucholz to the pen is like having a luxury of riches out there. Okajima, Timlin (he's back), Gagne (okay, I'm pushing my luck here), Bucholz, and of course Papelbon. If we don't win this season, it won't be the bullpen's fault, that's for sure.

Ellsbury is making a serious bid for the starting CF job in 2008, eh?
  • Options
    <<Ellsbury is making a serious bid for the starting CF job in 2008, eh?>>

I guess. How is that Coco Crisp signing working out for you guys? Maybe you guys can have a sale for Crisp. You can sell Crisp for 1/2 the price you paid and throw in Drew. image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    Crisp is actually just fine - he's an amazing defensive player, and his hitting has come around this year (and he steals bases). What's wrong with developing young players for the future? You can mock the Drew signing all you want (I almost agree with you) but the Sox have a long way to go to catch the Yankees for idiotic contracts issued. The Clemens signing almost makes up for Drew.
  • Options
    The Pavano one has them all beat. And to think that the Yankees (rumor has it) could have unloaded the bum before the season started. By the way, whatever happened to Clement? Did he retire?

• Options

<< <i>The Pavano one has them all beat. And to think that the Yankees (rumor has it) could have unloaded the bum before the season started. By the way, whatever happened to Clement? Did he retire? >>

still on the DL and will be a free agent this year. His rehab has supposedly been going very well. I don't want to see him again, of course. Thanks to his status (and that of Brendan Donnelly), the Sox have post-season roster room for a guy like Buchholz. image
  • Options
    I forgot about Clement (I think we all did) but I don't think the Sox paid him all that much, relatively speaking. He declined rapidly after a decent start, probably injury-related. I seriously doubt he'll pitch in Boston again.
  • Options
    Looks like you guys have your division about wrapped up. Only question that remains is if the Angels or Indians can pass you for the best record in baseball.

Personally, I think we (Angels) can do it, and would love to play the Yankees, Tigers or M's in the first round.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    Joba is a bona fide stud. Don't be so jealous

Yes, he is reminescent of Babe Ruth in PHYSICAL APPEARANCE, get that horse on a treadmill for CHRIST

• Options
    Now I understand why you guys hate him so much! It's the Babe revisited!! The curse of the Joba begins!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>Now I understand why you guys hate him so much! It's the Babe revisited!! The curse of the Joba begins!!! image >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Do we need to address Roger Clemens again? 28 Mill for a guy who is breaking down when it counts the most...
  • Options

<< <i>Now I understand why you guys hate him so much! It's the Babe revisited!! The curse of the Joba begins!!! image >>

we don't hate him because of his looks, we hate him because of the pinstripes.
  • Options

<< <i>

we don't hate him because of his looks, we hate him because of the pinstripes. >>

I know Barndog. I was making a funny.
  • Options
    lets scre some freaking runs!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<Ellsbury is making a serious bid for the starting CF job in 2008, eh?>>

I guess. How is that Coco Crisp signing working out for you guys? Maybe you guys can have a sale for Crisp. You can sell Crisp for 1/2 the price you paid and throw in Drew. image >>

Better than the Yankee's $13 million dud Centerfielder - turned - DH. Of course the Sox have their own $14 million dud in Right Field, who should become a backup (instead of Ellsbury) once Manny is back.
  • Options
    no surprises tonight: JD Blew-it strikes again with bases loaded. The solid bullpen seems a bit less solid lately, except for the closer. Not the way to head to the end of the year.
  • Options
    The Red Sox are staying right where the Yankees want them, 5 or 6 games ahead. image

• Options
    I want Drew on the FREAKIN' bench!

ELLSBURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    GO SOX YAnks farm teams has SUCKED

Red Sox
    Hanley RAmirz
    Annible Sanchez
    Kason GAbbard
    Jon Lester
    Jon Papelbon
    Dustin Pedroia
    Jacoby Ellsbury
    Brandos Moss

You guys ae screwed!
  • Options

<< <i>GO SOX YAnks farm teams has SUCKED

Red Sox
    Hanley RAmirz
    Annible Sanchez
    Kason GAbbard
    Jon Lester
    Jon Papelbon
    Dustin Pedroia
    Jacoby Ellsbury
    Brandos Moss

You guys ae screwed! >>

The curse of the Joba cancels all of them out.
  • Options
    LIke Job from the bible

"As Job endures these calamities without reproaching Divine Providence, Satan solicits permission to afflict his person as well, and YHVH says, "Behold he is in your hand, but don’t touch his life." Satan, therefore, smites him with dreadful boils, and Job, seated in ashes, scrapes off the corruption with a pot shard... and taketh away his 99 MPH fastball."
  • Options

<< <i>LIke Job from the bible

"As Job endures these calamities without reproaching Divine Providence, Satan solicits permission to afflict his person as well, and YHVH says, "Behold he is in your hand, but don’t touch his life." Satan, therefore, smites him with dreadful boils, and Job, seated in ashes, scrapes off the corruption with a pot shard... and taketh away his 99 MPH fastball." >>

• Options
    A sweet come from behind win against the hapless O's! I will take it!!! These are the games that you need to win, nice work! image
  • Options
    anyone catch JD Blew's heroics tonight?

I didn't either.
  • Options

<< <i>anyone catch JD Blew's heroics tonight?

I didn't either. >>

How about any glimpse of emotion?

Didnt think so.
  • Options
    ttt ..........ITCHES
  • Options
    LETS GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    UMP calling some LOW strikes, is he on the O's payroll?????

Let's go lester, you already beat Cancer,

looking for the AL winner, the Sox are the answer
  • Options

<< <i>UMP calling some LOW strikes, is he on the O's payroll????? >>

I was thinking the same thing, Lowell was bad but V-TEK strike call to make it 3-2 was absolutely RIDICULAS.