Home Sports Talk

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>mussina got pounded tonight.

along with anyone else the Yanks put out on the mound.......Staff took a 18 run beating from the best team in baseball >>

lots to fear out West with LAA and Seattle, IMO
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>along with anyone else the Yanks put out on the mound.......Staff took a 18 run beating from the best team in baseball >>

The Yankees should be glad they aren't in the same division as the Angels. For whatever reason, year in and year out, the Angels seem like the one team who has their number and can beat the Yanks fairly consistently.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing much to say except... image WOO HOO!!!!
  • Well the M's continue to play white hot baseball, 2 1/2 clear of the yankees in the wild card and still just 2 back in the West, and the Sox are 6 clear of the yankees is the east.
    Chanting... LETS GO RED SOX, LETS GO!! LETS GO RED SOX, LETS GO!! LETS GO ANAHEIM, LETS GO! LETS GO ANAHEIM, LETS GO!!
    is there something in Dice-K's contract that limits the number of runs his team can score every single ^&(#@# time he pitches?
  • No sweep
  • I don't understand how in every series against the Devil Rays in at least 1 game the Red Sox only manage to score 1 run against the worst pitching staff in the Majors. Even though I don't understand it doesn't mean I don't love it. 2 more series to go, at least 2 more losses. image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
    VERY dissapointed. Well..... GO ANAHEIM!!!!!
    why is it that Orlando Cabrera is no longer on the Red Sox, can someone remind me?
  • I have raised that question many of times. He might have been better off on the Red Sox as he only adds to the Angels bad karma for the Yankees.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
    LAA is not helping matters tonight. image
  • Yanks could have easily been 7 games back.
    Well we are looking better than we did at 4 games right? Lets move on to the next series..
    I hope a doubleheader doesn't mean the appearance of Gagme
  • I really want Jim THome to crank some homers this series (if they play) bad weather is forecasted.
    Sox can still win, Jim is getting very close to 500 image

<< <i>I really want Jim THome to crank some homers this series (if they play) bad weather is forecasted.
    Sox can still win, Jim is getting very close to 500 image >>

I dont care if Thome hits a few Grand Slams as long as the Sox win.

<< <i>

<< <i>I really want Jim THome to crank some homers this series (if they play) bad weather is forecasted.
    Sox can still win, Jim is getting very close to 500 image >>

I dont care if Thome hits a few Grand Slams as long as the Sox win. >>

the Red ones, please, the Red ones.
    AHH YES! THE RED ONES OFCOURSE!!!! image

Thank You...
    Pretty simple request. GO RED SOX, GO TIGERS right?
  • hmm I'm requesting the Tiger's lose... as I would like my Indian team to get some distance between them and Detroit image
  • Let's just hope these two blow-outs build on the hitting confidence and it all comes together at the same time in late August!! I'd like nothing better than seeing the Sox win 20 of 27 in September.
  • So the Sox pick up yet another game on the yanks today, back up to what, 6 game lead?
    loss column is all that matters.

Francona showed great confidence in Gagme by bringing him in with a nine run lead to close game two. I'm surprised he didn't blow it.
  • <<So the Sox pick up yet another game on the yanks today, back up to what, 6 game lead?>>

Yankee Hater, I don't think even Red Sox fans would like you to arse kiss.

• bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Great day for the Red Sox - their biggest double header sweep in over 50 years.

After all the hot air about how great the Yankees are, the facts are these:

1) The Red Sox have the best record in baseball;

2) The Red Sox have the easiest remaining schedule of all the contenders;

3) Either they will win the division, or they will suffer the second largest meltdown in baseball history.

Capecards
  • <<Either they will win the division, or they will suffer the second largest meltdown in baseball history.>>

Are there any other choices? image I think the Yankees have to keep the Loss column 5 games or less before they start their 1st 3 games series with the Sox to have a chance to win the AL East. If the Yankees keep up their Major League leading winning percentage since the All-Star break, there is no way in hell that the Yanks are not going to make the playoffs.

• Come on Detroit, let's bury the yanks!

• Yankee Hater, I don't think even Red Sox fans would like you to arse kiss.

Can CU please fumigate this thread?

Great day yesterday! 6 1/2 games is better than what it was last week! I am going to go out on a limb and say the Sox are catching fire at the right time, tuning up nicely for the NY series. image

• << <i>Great day yesterday! 6 1/2 games is better than what it was last week! I am going to go out on a limb and say the Sox are catching fire at the right time, tuning up nicely for the NY series. image >>

Yeah I guess image

• << <i>Great day yesterday! 6 1/2 games is better than what it was last week! I am going to go out on a limb and say the Sox are catching fire at the right time, tuning up nicely for the NY series. image >>

Gotta say it's pretty gratifying for the sox to finally start hitting the ball, and the yanks to start their inevitable cooldown. Sox 6 1/2 up and M's 3 up in the wild card.
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I wish I could share everyone's optimism, but let's be realistic. The Red Sox just beat up on the White Sox, who by the way, have the 2nd worst record in the American League.

The Red Sox still have a lot of games against AL East teams that are never that easy regardless of their win/loss records. (6 games against the Yankees, 7 vs. Baltimore, 6 vs. Toronto, and 6 vs. TB) We've only got two more games against the White Sox, two against Oakland, and 4 against the Twins. My prediction is that the Red Sox will go 19-14 down this stretch and will finish the season at 97-65.

And the Yankees schedule isn't that much harder than Boston's is. They've still got 3 against the (slumping) Tigers, 6 against the Sox, 5 vs. TB, 3 against Seattle, 3 against KC, 7 against Toronto, and 6 against Baltimore. I think they'll go 23-11 in this stretch and finish with a 94-68 record.

• << <i>I wish I could share everyone's optimism, but let's be realistic. The Red Sox just beat up on the White Sox, who by the way, have the 2nd worst record in the American League. >>

Feasting on bad teams is what the yanks did for the past month, and part of why they were able to make up so much ground. It's the Sox's turn now.

<< <i>The Red Sox still have a lot of games against AL East teams that are never that easy regardless of their win/loss records. (6 games against the Yankees, 7 vs. Baltimore, 6 vs. Toronto, and 6 vs. TB) We've only got two more games against the White Sox, two against Oakland, and 4 against the Twins. My prediction is that the Red Sox will go 19-14 down this stretch and will finish the season at 97-65.

And the Yankees schedule isn't that much harder than Boston's is. They've still got 3 against the (slumping) Tigers, 6 against the Sox, 5 vs. TB, 3 against Seattle, 3 against KC, 7 against Toronto, and 6 against Baltimore. I think they'll go 23-11 in this stretch and finish with a 94-68 record. >>

I think the Sox will do much better than 5 over .500 against those teams. No way the Yanks go 12+ .500 in that same stretch.

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Wakefield, couldn't ask for more today! Let's keep the lead!
    ..or make it bigger
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    They are certainly laying the smackdown on these White Sox, aren't they? Couldn't come at a better time!
  • Yes, you guys are on a roll. What is amazing is how the White Sox have gone from World Champions in 2005 to one of the worst teams in MLB.

image and again....GO TIGERS!!!!!!

• << <i>image and again....GO TIGERS!!!!!! >>

I couldn't agree more!

<< <i>Yes, you guys are on a roll. What is amazing is how the White Sox have gone from World Champions in 2005 to one of the worst teams in MLB. >>

Florida set the precedent
    Another magnificent performance by Wakefield, who is now tied with Beckett for the most wins in the majors.

What has happened to the White Sox? How could they have fallen so far in 2 years?

The 6 remaining games against the Yankees may decide the season - we just need to break even, and not have another 5 game sweep like last year.

Capecards
    Man when we are on we look unbeatable right? When we are off the though we look AWFUL! We need to find some type of peace of mind with a happy medium... NAH! Forget that! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice job SOX!!! image
  • It Manny's agent wasn't on the mound today, I'd probably watch the game with a broom in my hand.
    Going with what has been working...

LETS GO SOX!!!! LETS GO TIGERS!!!!
  • <<It Manny's agent wasn't on the mound today, I'd probably watch the game with a broom in my hand>>

Manny's agent? What's that all about?

• Evidently Tavarez is (or was) the Manny's agent.
    yeeeeeeeeeeehoooooooooooo BIG PApito!
  • Yanks already lost, Sox on their way to another win and a 7.5 game lead.

Unbelievable. Outscored White Sox 46-7 over 4 games.

I think the pressure now is on the Yankees. They basically have to sweep the Red Sox games - the Red Sox only need to break even.

Capecards