Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 RED SOX CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Easy, guys - the sky is not falling, and the Yankees are still 5 games back. We really miss Manny in the lineup, though - and if his injury lingers more than a few days, than that worries me more than the Bronx Bin Ladens getting a few wins in a row.
  • Options
    LOL. Now it's Manny's fault that the Red Sox were swept. Jeter has a banged up knee and he is still in the line up.

Deja Vu: I smell 1978 all over again.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet series. All three games were enjoyable, except no happy endings. Like high school dating, I guess.

Wang was spectacular. Pedroia played well. Manny would have helped the last 2. Having Drew and/or Hinske in the lineup, coupled with Joba is like giving away 9 outs.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drew sucks, have I mentioned?
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Drew sucks, have I mentioned? >>

worth rementioning, WORST investment ever!
  • Options
    Do you guys think you got your money's worth for Dice-K? Barely over .500 winning percentage, and the Yankees have handled him quite well this year.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options

Barndog - just get it over with, and put it in your sig line image,
  • Options

<< <i>Do you guys think you got your money's worth for Dice-K? Barely over .500 winning percentage, and the Yankees have handled him quite well this year. >>

Using win/loss records to determine a pitcher's value is absurd. But if you want to use that archaic method, he's 2-1 against the yanks this year. But a 3.88 ERA in his first year in MLB, just .01 worse than Halladay? I'll take that.

How about the moose? How about a 7+ ERA and a demotion in the middle of a playoff race, when the guy is due to make $20+ million next year? Talk about a bad investment!
  • Options
    He is making $20+ million next year? News to me.

The Yankees have a history of hanging on to aging stars too long or going after aging stars who don't have it anymore (Randy Johnson, Kevin Brown). The Yankees are finally seeing the light and developing very good pitching talent in the Minor Leagues. A few years ago Wang who I would take over Dice-K any day. The guy is as cool as a cucumber. This year Job, Hughes, and possibly Kennedy.

• Options

<< <i>He is making $20+ million next year? News to me. >>

My mistake, its $23 million over 2 years.
  • Options

<< <i>

Barndog - just get it over with, and put it in your sig line image, >>

as I am genetically doomed to be Sox fan, I will never get over it. I haven't even gotten over Lee Smith's first save attempt at Fenway!
  • Options

<< <i>

Barndog - just get it over with, and put it in your sig line image, >>

as I am genetically doomed to be Sox fan, I will never get over it. I haven't even gotten over Lee Smith's first save attempt at Fenway!
  • Options
    odd how that happens, but might as well say it twice (or more)
  • Options
    Did you guys know that the Yankees have beaten the Red Sox in their last 7 out of 9 games? If I am not mistaken the Yankees and Red Sox are now even at 8-8. If so the next series can have tie breaking implications.

For most of the year Hideki Okajima's ERA has been a miniscule under 2 but did you know in the month of August it's well over 3? Is that why you guys went out and got Gagne? The Yankees have handled Okajima probably better than any team.

• Options
    SC, I'm pretty sure all Sox fans knew the stats you quoted. And Theo got Gagne because he still thinks trading at the deadline wins championships (like in '04)...'cept he forgot that GOOD trades win championships.
  • Options
    <<And Theo got Gagne because he still thinks trading at the deadline wins championships (like in '04)...'cept he forgot that GOOD trades win championships.??

As far as the Yankees, I just love what Cashman did (or in this case didn't do) at the trade deadline. Instead of over paying for some "Has Been" he goes out and sneaks Betemit in under the radar screen, and is so confident in bringing up Joba, he trades away Proctor and forgoes Gag me.

• Options
    Alright - enough of this Yankee nonsense in here...this is the 2007 Red Sox Championship Run thread! Let's get back to business.

Wakefield pitches tonight, and lets hope he continues to pitch as well as he has the last few turns. I read that Manny might not play much this entire homestand (6 games) so Drew had better finally do something. I agree, he has been a virtual bust thus far - not at all what I thought he would be. And there has been no bigger fan of Crisp on these boards than me...but even he is wearing on me, with his hot streaks, and then looooong cold streaks. Maybe its time to give Ellsbury an extended look out there in CF this month?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Jerry for staying positive! I am just still FREAKIN' PI$$ed OFF! I HATE losing to New York, never mind getting swepped!

Yes it is time to bring Ellsbury up IMO, have play instead of Drew! I dont have much to say other than we BETTER get our act together tonight. Did I mention how ANGRY I still am? image
  • Options
    I agree lets kill the O's!!
  • Options
    And to Joba, the big dummy, have fun paying a few g's and sitting out 2 games
  • Options
    Uh oh, Wakefield hurt.

• Options
    LETS GO RED SOX!!!! LETS GO RAYS!!!!!

Im serious WE NEED TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And yes, I am still pi$$ed off! )
  • Options
    The GOOD LORD has answered, not only are we ahead of the O's.... Drew is out with a foul off his foot! Hey Yanks, will you guys throw at Drew instead of Youk...please image
  • Options
    This just in.... JD DREW is 100% the WORST signing in Red Sox history, there is zero room to argue this point.
  • Options
    MAN! I am STILL FREAKIN' PI$$ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    GO RAYS!!! Leading those PATHETIC ANEMIC Yanks 6-1! Bye Bye
  • Options
    deja vu all over again, IMO
  • Options

<< <i>deja vu all over again, IMO >>

image YUP
  • Options
    rajah424rajah424 Posts: 439 ✭✭
    JD Drew is from my hometown. He peaked his junior year of high school
  • Options

<< <i>The GOOD LORD has answered, not only are we ahead of the O's.... Drew is out with a foul off his foot! Hey Yanks, will you guys throw at Drew instead of Youk...please image >>

someone please tell me that the injury is season or career-ending. Please?
  • Options
    Biorhythms for the whole team must be off.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    At least you guys made it a game. We had nothing last night (Red Sox Sweep Hangover).
  • Options

<< <i>At least you guys made it a game. We had nothing last night (Red Sox Sweep Hangover). >>

our "mash the White Sox" hangover has lasted four games...

so far.
  • Options
    Yup, still angry....
  • Options
    We'll be back tonight. Bucholz will throw a gem.
  • Options
    I'm glad to see that JD Blew is not in the game. I'll avoid saying "glad he's not playing" -- since he's not been playing for years.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm glad to see that JD Blew is not in the game. I'll avoid saying "glad he's not playing" -- since he's not been playing for years. >>

Staight up... I friggen Hate JD Drew.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>We'll be back tonight. Bucholz will throw a gem. >>

Good call.
  • Options
    the rookie looked amazing. Pedroia made the play of the year with a great save on a ball Tejeda hit up the middle.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We'll be back tonight. Bucholz will throw a gem. >>

OK, now post and say "Lester with throw a gem".
  • Options
    Wow great game by your rookie! image
  • Options
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    back on track? Score a few for Dice-K tomorrow, that's the litmus test.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Very nice performance by the bullpen today. In the old days, many more of these 3-2 wins were 4-3 losses.

6 up, 25 to play.
    Capecards
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Very nice performance by the bullpen today. In the old days, many more of these 3-2 wins were 4-3 losses.
    >>

And, as a bonus, Gagne is out with a sore shoulder!! image
  • Options
    I didn't want to jinx Lester yesterday with another prediction - and it worked!

The Blue Jays are basically a pain in the ass team in September for the Sox. They always play us tough, and seem to never give up. At least they don't have Frank Catalanotto anymore...that guy hit like Babe Ruth against the Sox, and like Mario Mendoza against everyone else.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Yankees choked against the Mariners today, Clemens looked his age, and Felix the Cat was great for the Ms.

6.5 up, 25 to play.
    Capecards
  • Options
    Well walking away for a few days did me good- Im not that upset anymore, Bucholz made up for it. image

Good to see the Yankees getting knocked around as well, and enough of their Jobba Crap! How about our youth! Ellsbury and Clay?
  • Options
    Love the youth movement too.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    how often does a team blow a nine run lead? Can't be too many instances in Red Sox history...one run away from doing so