Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone want to share their new purchases?

Comments

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2024 6:59PM

Very nice assortment @JWP ! 👍

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rnkmyer1 said:
    Opportunity Knocked

Pop 3/2. The 1894/1894 DD IHC is very popular even among non Indian collectors. With a total pop of 31 RD’s in all grades, it’s nearly impossible to find one with full RD color! I pretty much don’t collect RD IHC’s any longer, but had to make an exception for this one!

Saw this and it reminded me of the red dress scene from The Matrix.
    If you decide to move on at some point send me a pm.

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hummingbird_coins said:
    Not exactly "purchases" as I got them for free over the past week from sorting coins at my LCS.

Rotated Reverse

I would love that job.

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

@Inlander said:
    Some proofs I recently picked up and got back from CACG...

I wonder why the serial numbers vary so much.

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CRHer700 said:

@Inlander said:

I hope I'm not misremembering but I think it was an intentional choice so that estimating when a coin was graded would become impossible.

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

And trying to figure out what was in a submission would be impossible with random certification numbers.

• hummingbird_coinshummingbird_coins Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seller's pics. Looks like nice toning and very clean. I hope to submit it at some point and get a MS66. If I do then it was a really good deal.

Young Numismatist • My Toned Coins
    Life is roadblocks. Don't let nothing stop you, 'cause we ain't stopping. - DJ Khaled

@lermish said:

@CRHer700 said:

@Inlander said:

I hope I'm not misremembering but I think it was an intentional choice so that estimating when a coin was graded would become impossible.

Covering their tracks eh?

@CoinHoarder said:
    Picked these up at the monthly coin show today:

That no date is under melt value.

• semikeycollectorsemikeycollector Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barbercoin said:
    eBay purchase last week. Sorry, crappiest pictures on the thread! But, it fills a tough hole in my series. Still examining. Not real happy with the hairlines. Doubt the pictures will help anyone much. Opinions welcomed.

Nice skin!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file