Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone want to share their new purchases?

Comments

• hummingbird_coinshummingbird_coins Posts: 903 ✭✭✭✭✭

@semikeycollector said:

@Barbercoin said:
    eBay purchase last week. Sorry, crappiest pictures on the thread! But, it fills a tough hole in my series. Still examining. Not real happy with the hairlines. Doubt the pictures will help anyone much. Opinions welcomed.

Nice skin!

As in the coin or his fingers? :D

@gorebels said:
    I’m embarrassed to show this one. Gotta check that MM under my stereo microscope.when I get it.

"1909-S lincoln wheat cent penny"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/355845790486

Based on the seller's other items, I'd say it's genuine. Looks like someone found an old wheat cent set and is breaking it up. The coin looks completely original, too.

Young Numismatist • My Toned Coins
    Life is roadblocks. Don't let nothing stop you, 'cause we ain't stopping. - DJ Khaled

• gorebelsgorebels Posts: 65 ✭✭✭

@hummingbird_coins said:
    Based on the seller's other items, I'd say it's genuine. Looks like someone found an old wheat cent set and is breaking it up. The coin looks completely original, too.

I need to add this to my free 8-pack going to PCGS next month and with a little re-coloring of the obverse and darkening of the scratch I’ll hope to get a genuine/details grade back.

• semikeycollectorsemikeycollector Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hummingbird_coins said:

@semikeycollector said:

@Barbercoin said:
    eBay purchase last week. Sorry, crappiest pictures on the thread! But, it fills a tough hole in my series. Still examining. Not real happy with the hairlines. Doubt the pictures will help anyone much. Opinions welcomed.

Nice skin!

As in the coin or his fingers? :D

@gorebels said:
    I’m embarrassed to show this one. Gotta check that MM under my stereo microscope.when I get it.

"1909-S lincoln wheat cent penny"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/355845790486

BOTH!

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector
    Nice!
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• RodentmanRodentman Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

Well, not a new purchase honestly but I figured I'd put it up since it's unique. Especially if you are a cat lover, as I am!

• JWPJWP Posts: 21,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Estate sale curious pieces from $5 bag of old foreign coins.

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rnkmyer1 I love coins that have great original skin. From the photos, this looks like one. Big congratulations. I'd welcome that coin into my collection!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Life is art ! Love it all for what it is. As a retired mechanic I only question the location of the drilled hole. Hung as a pendant no ,maybe a choker. I admired the 1944 20 centavo from a previous post . Mine is a cent, has a different face. Researched the “I” eagle next to it. Appears maybe it’s a squashed flat pre civil war nco/officier infantry uniform button. Not a coin at all. Novice to joining a forum, seems I keep hitting all the wrong buttons . I inherited cards and coins parts of my collection. Mostly raw very few slabs. Adore perfection and think to each their own.

• alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rnkmyer1 said:
    When it rains, it pours. Just reached a deal & bought this yesterday. It was through HA’s “make offer to seller” program. I didn’t exactly lowball an offer, but the seller accepted to my surprise. I’ve had exceptionally good fortune in the past with this program. The seller has owned this piece for 20+ years & I think that may be part of the reason they accepted my under market offer. I’ll be sure to post better, more detailed pics when I have the coin in hand.

The coin has very sharp detail & great eye appeal. This one is #16 of the 20 I need for my early Walker quest. Remaining are the 1919-D, 1920-D, 1920-S & 1921-S. Right now, I have no plans to acquire the “later 6” to complete the Registry set. The 4 above are more than enough to keep me busy for awhile. Plus, there’s the bank account, now in maximum pain!

Off to CAC?

• CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes Mike - it seems like a good bean prospect!
    Ken

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• JWPJWP Posts: 21,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

I finally found a 1877 IHC. It was only $3. 😅🤣😂

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list