Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

1909 half dollar

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pursuitofliberty said:
    No 1909-O Quarters (anymore) but I still have this ... former MFH

What is MFH?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    paesanpaesan Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Tim. Nice pick up!

More coins, less government.
  • Options

That’s pretty cool. Thanks for posting!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

Love it.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    seduloussedulous Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2021 7:17PM

@Walkerguy21D ... thanks for the kind words on the '19-D SLQ. I got lucky, yes, and it exudes lustre (the main reason for acquisition)...

I noticed the '22 Lincoln no D Strong Reverse Die 2 went up in guide price here very recently on CoinFacts. Makes me wonder if you guys think I should try to cross this into a PCGS holder. The depression line on Lincoln's head makes me hesitant. Think it will straight cross? (was $750, now $950. for VF20).

• Tim

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

** Walkerguy21D ... thanks for the kind words on the '19-D SLQ. I got lucky, yes, and it exudes lustre (the main reason for acquisition)...**

Well deserved…. My favorite date in the series, and a treat to see one in that beautiful state of preservation. And amazing a coin of that caliber was raw!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

Tim- Great job on the 19-D quarter! As for crossing the Lincoln, I’d say it can be an expensive and frustrating process. My strategy is to wait til I have enough decent coins to send so I can cost average the rejects. Usually minimum 8 works for me.

Z - love the exonumia! Keep it coming! I’m gonna post one tomorrow night.

Lenny

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    1909 half dollar

Some might go so far as to call it a 1909-s . :)

• Options
    edited August 1, 2021 12:35PM

@ZoidMeister said:

@paesan said:
    Tim- Great job on the 19-D quarter! As for crossing the Lincoln, I’d say it can be an expensive and frustrating process. My strategy is to wait til I have enough decent coins to send so I can cost average the rejects. Usually minimum 8 works for me.

Lenny

This one is for Lenny.

Z

WOW... 3D perspective is awesome!

• Options
    edited August 1, 2021 1:25PM

Well I learn something new every day. It is an s. Thanks getting old is hell😂😂😂I never knew 😂😂😂😂😂😂. Bought it as a pocket piece but found something different. Never looked 😂😂😂🙀🙀

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sedulous said:

@ZoidMeister said:

@paesan said:

Lenny

This one is for Lenny.

Z

WOW... 3D perspective is awesome!

I like zooming in on the ceilings and at the far end of the corridor to appreciate the microscopic details in the dies. The sheen that you see in the windows is actually proof like surfaces polished into the die. The fields in that area are that mirror like.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

To give some perspective on the size of that medal.

It is not a behemoth, just slightly larger than a silver dollar.

Z

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

So many nice coins in this thread! I have to say I am really liking the preponderance of grey dirt among the circulated examples.

• Options

• Options
    edited August 1, 2021 7:43PM

@dogwood said:

I love it every time you bring out that '03-S to light! Best mid-grade 1903-S Barber Quarter I am aware of. Great coin for a VF35! Here is my VF35 PCGS:

• Options

The baby brother 🤓

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file