Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Did anyone here attend this auction in Delaware? Mostly unopened

Comments

• Options
    GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

@gaspipe26 said:
    Since my name was mentioned I figured I say something on the subject. I bought several items and I was not close to being the highest buyer. I boarded a plane with what I won immediately for Chicago and was in Steve's office an hour later. These boxes looked like they came out of cases. The 1976 Baseball look immaculate. Anyone who would see these would think so, right now if you saw them you would think so. Ive had conversations with several other buyers and they think so. Steve has reservations and he pointed them out. He also said he was not certain all the packs were resealed but he could not certify the boxes.
    I was in the building where all the items were stored, it is massive, there were empty cases that these boxes came out of on the floor. If everything was jobbed, then it took years to do. Unfortunately myself and a few other buyers who I will not mention by name, if they care to respond they can do so, cannot stake our reputations on possibly altered material. I will only speak for myself but a few of us have reached agreement to return what we bought with the Auction House.
    That being said, Ive also had some people tell me the stuff is good. I cant say as now Im confused. Im waiting on one box to arrive today from a very nice gentleman in NY who bought it and it all goes back, even the sets I won.

Hmm, if so, then why are the sets you are supposed to be sending back still posted on eBay?

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gemint - possible solution. Main thing is get it outta the "unopened" farse. It would be interesting to know if there are any quality cards & Rookies contained within or just commons in junky condition etc.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    @gemint - possible solution. Main thing is get it outta the "unopened" farse. It would be interesting to know if there are any quality cards & Rookies contained within or just commons in junky condition etc.

from watching stuff on ig, it's usually decent looking commons w the occasional oc star or rookie that follow zero collation.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2021 12:25PM

@galaxy27 said:
    the fact that this dude is still inhaling the air around here is rather remarkable i'd say

one would think that setting up shop across the street and attempting to fleece members to the tune of five figures would be grounds for being punted into the mesosphere

Yes

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

^ great movie.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2021 3:47PM

I don't like anything that's happened in connection with the consignor, AH or eBay vendor.

Having said that?

Anything thats needs/has to be said has been articulated.

Don't ya think at this point that piling on is "just" piling on?

Mike
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2021 5:15PM

@Stone193 said:

seriously?

we are just warning and conversing about the things we do know. similar to an iceberg, there's usually a lot more under the surface that isn't even seen. attempting to tailback and roadblock for this guy? as @galaxy27 hinted at earlier, how this guy isnt even banned by now is a seriously better question, imo. especially considering he was attempting to schlep the stuff here.

guy deserves every bit of pile that's thrown on him. and honestly, i think the group, as a whole, has been fairly civilized about it knowing the hardcore group of unopened collectors we have here and the numerous amounts of group breaks that have occurred.

perhaps just think if the pile on didn't occur what would still be transpiring? taking it easy on someone that commits fraud only perpetuates it.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not much for piling on in general but I'll make an exception in this case

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    I'll keep this open for now. I think the dialogue here has probably saved some people from making purchases they would learn to regret. I'm also guessing there will be more to come out of this situation. But if it becomes useless piling on, I'll close it up.

Yes, let's keep this toned down from this point forward please as this needs to stay front and center on the forums. Also, more may come from this and we may need to know the info. Was everyone denied access to the lots before bidding or just guys like Steve??

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, we need to protect this thread, at least the posts not attacking specific people. The valuable information is Steve's feedback on the failed authenticity of this product and other comments related to the tape type and location. This junk may be floating around in the market for some time and some potential buyers may not be on this forum very frequently.

• Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

Since I’m being vilified, here is the sequence of events that happened as they happened. I’m not going to mention the 3 other buyers because I wouldn’t want them to get the same treatment I’m getting here.
    Did all of us think we scored? Yes we did, are all of us either longtime sellers and or collectors, yes we are.
    After I flew up to Chicago which was the 8th day after the auction ended and Steve canned the 9 boxes, which he told me was a professional reseal job, and a real good one, he said I’m going to have a friend of his call me as his friend bought over $250000 of the stuff. That person called me a hour or two later and was overnighting some of what he picked up to Steve. 2 days later this person and Steve said his were no good too. That’s when I removed my listings. Between my visit and the other boxes arriving at Steve’s I contacted the Auctioneer and he said angrily that BBCE was undermining his auction and the stuff was good. I explained or tried to that with out BBCE approving, and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, the stuff was no good and I was not saying he knew about it. He’s an auctioneer not a card guy. He said he would “look into it and get back to me” The next day no call back, and when the next batch proved worst than mine. I called the State Police Troop 4 in Delaware and lodged a complaint. They said, that it may be a Civil matter as the auction acceptance is “As-Is Where-As.
    Speaking back and forth, with the 2nd buyer and Steve, Steve said if I needed a witness he would gladly help. The other buyer then contacted the State Police as well and the Troopers paid a visit to the auction house. A few hours later, the auctioneer called us and said he would refund us on Friday. We met up outside the auction house and he went first and I second, returned the stuff and received our refund.
    On the drive back I was contacted by someone who wanted to discuss the items as he saw the listings I had previously and had a picture of his phone number in the message from EBay. I called him and we spoke for almost an hour. He bought $480000 of the stuff. I told him the story and he thanked me as he had not paid yet hearing all the stories on the boxes.
    That evening he called me and said his friend would like to speak to me as he had bought $100000 of the stuff, had paid and had it in his possession. This person is in CA . I said sure and he gave him my number. Minutes later, he called and we spoke for 30 minutes or so and he was frantic. I told him the auctioneer was taking the stuff back and to call immediately. He also said he thinks some of what he had was good, I said BBCE said it was a pro reseal job. He said he opened some 71 Basketball packs and a West and Maravich were great and he wanted to keep it but the auctioneer wanted everything back. My suggestion was, send it back and get your money.
    He agreed.
    Last night he texted me and said he couldn’t return until the following week as the auctioneer was going to be out of town. He asked for the State Police info which I gave him as he’s worried he won’t be able to return. I told him to use my complaint as reference.
    If the 2nd buyer and myself didn’t get this stuff to Steve so fast it could of been weeks before this came out and my measly purchase compared to the other 3 may not of been able to return or not to pay at all. I hope #4 gets his money back . He’s going to keep in touch.
    The whole thing is a bad experience, and not only was I fooled but the $250000 and $480000 buyers who previewed the stuff and are long time buyers were. It was that good a job in some instances. So if you didn’t see it in person , don’t pass judgement, you may have been fooled too. Between me and the other 3 buyers your taking about almost $900000 which was most of the unopened. All the OPC Hockey and Philadelphia football were part of the $480000 that never was paid for. I think 90% or more of the older boxes and non-sport are back with the auctioneer with the exception of #4 and he’s sending back next week. I hope he gets refunded as well. As for the auction house? I don’t know but can tell everyone this. This auction was only the first half of it. He was going to have a second this winter. I doubt that will happen but there may be a ton a real good looking reseals hitting the market. So that’s the story in a nutshell. No one was trying to pull the wool over anyone’s eyes or were trying to be nefarious. Was I worried, yeah was #2 damn straight, #3 was going to be if he had paid before #2 and I got our stuff to Steve. He was going to take money out of retirement accounts to pay for it. #4 still is, I hope he gets reimbursed

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2021 6:35AM

Deleted by author (15 yard penalty for piling on :) )

ETA - gaspipe must have seen my request for dates before I edited... thanks for providing the additional info

Jim

• Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2021 5:21AM

5/3 was the day I went to BBCE and called the auctioneer, 5/5 #2’s stuff arrived and was no good. I called the State Police , #2 called either that day or the next day. I contacted the buyer of the 1970 Super box I sold and he overnighted it back to me. It arrived back on 5/7 in the morning around 11 am and I Priority Mailed his refund before going to the auction house. 5/6 auctioneer called me and #2 and set up appointments to return items after State Police visit. 5/7 met with #2 at auction house and returned items. Spoke with #3 an hour later and #4 a few hours after that. It wasn’t ignorance it was still not sure until #2’s stuff failed. No offers were accepted after 5/3 although a person did buy 2 boxes and that was cancelled I believe on 5/5 evening or early 5/6. There was 1 buyer who wanted to inspect the boxes in person before I left for Chicago but we couldn’t connect that weekend (5/1-5/2) before I left. I was hoping if #2’s was good, Steve would take another look at mine. I wasn’t sure and the crazy thing is both I and #2 as well as #4 are still not 100% sure. Some items like the 73 box, Steve and I opened 2 packs in the store. You could tell some cards were worn and there was a OC #1 card in pack one and an OC Rose in the other. The 1976 Boxes were pristine, the packs looked perfect, Steve’s explanation was although the flaps were sealed ., the underpinning (for lack of a better word) flaps were loose. The roller marks matched up, no smear on the top flap, then he showed the bottom flap had a heat smear. I don’t know if he knew that until we opened the packs or not.

2 spent most of 5/6 driving around collecting the items he sold . He doesn’t sell on EBay I think.

If the stuff was good, I probably would of sold the lot to Steve.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Once the returns are settled, what will the consignor and auction house do? Who knows, but they are not going to garbage. In terms of next steps, be on the look out for the resealed items to hit ebay, LCS, shows, and etc. I suspect the resealed items will hit the mid-atlantic area hard in the near future. It would not surprise me to see these items at the Philly and Chantilly Show.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pack resealing couldn't have been that professional referring back to my April 27 post in this thread.

• Options

@Stone193 said:
    I don't like anything that's happened in connection with the consignor, AH or eBay vendor.

Having said that?

Hiya everyone,

I just want to clarify what I meant by this.

In "no" way was I wanting the discussion to be squelched as such.

I've been here for almost 20 yrs and these kinds of threads sometimes get out of hand in many different ways.

I do think there's still discussion to be had in keeping with "fair play."

The eBay email Nick posted needs to be explained or it stands on it's own - very damning IMO.

Other questions come to mind - what's going to happen to all this bad stuff? Who was the consignor? Will this stuff just find it's way into the hobby - after all - Steve said this was "pro" stuff - and I believe that.

Here's the packs from the eBay sale:

Those look really good to me.

Finally, if anyone thought I was wanting the discussion about this product to be stopped? I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Mike
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2021 9:03AM

Those packs look selected for the pic for a reason. Wrappers don’t even line up with each other. Would have been nice to provide pics of all 36 packs from the box. But even though with doubt he only shows 5 packs. Boxes sound pretty obviously fake. Just choose to show little detail.

• Options

@handyman said:
    Those packs look selected for the pic for a reason. Wrappers don’t even line up with each other. Would have been nice to provide pics of all 36 packs from the box. But even though with doubt he only shows 5 packs. Boxes sound pretty obviously fake. Just choose to show little detail.

I have no expertise with unopened packs.

I didn't show the packs in defense of them but rather to highlight the fact that Steve said this was a really good job at faking the stuff and if this hoard is not confiscated, it will most likely still wind up in the hands of unsuspecting collectors.

Mike
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭

Life is too short, I am no expert, and I am too poor to take chances on anything which has not been authenticated by Steve and PSA.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

Have the guy who opened some 1971 Bball packs post the results of to of the packs and I’ll tell ya if they seemed legit or not

John

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options

@Stone193 said:

@Stone193 said:

Having said that?

Hiya everyone,

I've been here for almost 20 yrs and these kinds of threads sometimes get out of hand in many different ways.

The eBay email Nick posted needs to be explained or it stands on it's own - very damning IMO.

Other questions come to mind - what's going to happen to all this bad stuff? Who was the consignor? Will this stuff just find it's way into the hobby - after all - Steve said this was "pro" stuff - and I believe that.

>

Finally, if anyone thought I was wanting the discussion about this product to be stopped? I apologize for the misunderstanding.

stone,

i'm not trying to be confrontational. i respect everyone's right to their own opinion as such. i'm just trying to figure out what you deemed to be considered "piling on"? was it the gifs, was it posting the ebay messages, the fun bags questions that op has still avoided, the cracking jokes of jokes trying to keep it fairly light in the midst of a serious issue or what?

i firmly believe i gave the guy the benefit of the doubt, kept an open mind and tried to view it from every possible angle. well that was until the ebay message that was posted and aligning the dates. to me that was the dagger. other, more experienced guys versed in unopened, pretty much called this from the beginning. it really was of no interest to me to go thru any of the pics of the auction and such. but looking back, it's obvious they did bc this is their arena. the guy still went thru it and posted in the bst section. i didn't see the on-site offering, but seems some would say gas pipe was even flaunting his score w "presale" offerings.

anyways, i was just a lil confused knowing that had this been n54 or blowout, that this guy would have been ripped to shreds. i'm my personal opinion and respecting yours, i don't think it's been a pile on by any means. have some serious questions been reposted? sure. but not to beat a dead horse. rather, gaspipe has responded throughout and is a craftsman at avoiding these very simple but extremely important topics. ie, fun bags and sets he said was returning but still listed to ebay. to me, that's not piling on, that's not letting the fish off the hook.

again, nothing but respect towards you and your tenure here. just trying to wrap my head around it is all.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@Stone193 said:

@Stone193 said:

Having said that?

Hiya everyone,

>

stone,

i'm not trying to be confrontational. i respect everyone's right to their own opinion as such. i'm just trying to figure out what you deemed to be considered "piling on"? was it the gifs, was it posting the ebay messages, the fun bags questions that op has still avoided, the cracking jokes of jokes trying to keep it fairly light in the midst of a serious issue or what?

i firmly believe i gave the guy the benefit of the doubt, kept an open mind and tried to view it from every possible angle. well that was until the ebay message that was posted and aligning the dates. to me that was the dagger. other, more experienced guys versed in unopened, pretty much called this from the beginning. it really was of no interest to me to go thru any of the pics of the auction and such. but looking back, it's obvious they did bc this is their arena. the guy still went thru it and posted in the bst section. i didn't see the on-site offering, but seems some would say gas pipe was even flaunting his score w "presale" offerings.

anyways, i was just a lil confused knowing that had this been n54 or blowout, that this guy would have been ripped to shreds. i'm my personal opinion and respecting yours, i don't think it's been a pile on by any means. have some serious questions been reposted? sure. but not to beat a dead horse. rather, gaspipe has responded throughout and is a craftsman at avoiding these very simple but extremely important topics. ie, fun bags and sets he said was returning but still listed to ebay. to me, that's not piling on, that's not letting the fish off the hook.

again, nothing but respect towards you and your tenure here. just trying to wrap my head around it is all.

Thank you for the deference.

And I have been here for a while and these types of threads occur from time to time.

posted by Tim aka 1951WheatiesPremium: Despite a funny .gif earlier, I want to add this:

I never like to see the pitchforks out; not everyone makes ALL perfect decisions under pressure.

Raise your hand if you do.

I'm in agreement of with Tim on this one - I believe getting to the bottom of this has great value but doing it with respect is also a good thing.

I have great respect for our forum and its members.

Mike
  • Options
    DgofwinterDgofwinter Posts: 66 ✭✭

Perhaps this thread should be brought to Net54 so they are aware as well. Stone , you talk about respect which I agree however do you not recognize the disrespect that has been shown to the members here with the lies, silence, and excuses? This board is full of people with experience, expertise ,talent,intelligence and good character. No one is perfect and without faults. Gaspipe doesn’t need to be defended. He is definitely not the victim here. He chose to make an investment that could of potentially reaped a great profit. But he didn’t do his homework on the investment and he was fortunate to get refunded on his investment. Investments are risky and you certainly shouldn’t try and pass the buck on others if you make a poor choice.
    He could of warned others on here like some of our other members did and continue to do. But he chose not to.

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

To destroy or not to destroy?

• Options
    edited May 9, 2021 3:31PM

Stone , you talk about respect which I agree however do you not recognize the disrespect that has been shown to the members here with the lies, silence, and excuses?

Absolutely.

In terms of respect? I'm speaking in more general terms and IMO two wrongs don't make a right

When I quoted Tim, I was referring to his reference of the "pitchforks."

I don't condone anything that gaspipe has done.

While we indict him for his transgressions, I just believe that it doesn't have to turn into a "side-show" of gifs and name calling until he's had his chance to rebut.

If anyone disagrees with me? I can sure live with it.

I have said that gaspipe has something to answer to with respect to that eBay email - that's the most damning evidence IMO.

edit:

Gaspipe doesn’t need to be defended.

Not sure if this was directed at me?

In "no way" am I defending him.

The eBay email is prima facia IMO. He'll have a tough time defending with the timeline he's presented from my recollection.

Mike
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27
    @blurryface

I am not defending anyone or their actions.

I am simply reminding people that some threads are too important to lose and people should be given a chance to speak for themselves and explain their actions; believe it or not most people don’t like to speak in front of a crowd (IRL or online), and a hostile one even less so. Add in the admission that they’ve been duped and it’s tough sledding.

I don’t collect unopened and if I did I’d go with the opinion of a guy like @grote15 or @jmoran19 or several other guys with good reps and good knowledge as well as BBCE. I’ve had people ask me privately and publicly for Mantle opinions and info - most are happy to help genuine people.

I like when we’re civil to each other and I wanted to add sand in response to pouring gas earlier.

I’d have deleted the prior post but I’m still just too pleased with the joke to do so.

Hey, I’m human too. 😉

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭✭

@JBrules said:
    I have read this entire thread. Gaspipe certainly has some more explaining to do IMO. I am not sure there is anything he can post at this point to regain his standing. The thing that I would hate to see is that some great members here getting upset with each other over some shenanigans that gaspipe is responsible for. Members on this forum have shared some incredible amount of knowledge. I would hate to see gaspipe be the reason for some great members leaving this forum, be it on their on volition or getting banned . If anyone needs to pay the price it is gaspipe for his actions.

Well said JB about our members. In regards to Gaspipe explaining anything at this point....I really don't want to hear any excuses. He could easily come up with the kids been in the hospital for 18 days, father passed away, hurricane left him homeless for 3 weeks and Quarantined with COVID and try to divide many on this board due to sympathy. The EBAY message is all I can see. That's it. It's even dated and time stamped. Nothing else matters whatsoever. People are not who we think they are. It's sad; but many times very true. How about the auction house.....are they completely on the up and up. They obviously knew the packs were crap as to not allow Steve access. The AH is not a saint in this whole thing either. They sound crooked.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭

The 5/5 eBay message is after gaspipe found out the boxes were bad from Steve but before the auction house had agreed to refund his money. Sadly, trying to cheat another person when you know the box failed authentication reveals true character. Unfortunately in life, you really can't judge a person's character until "real money to them" decisions are on the line. That is when people reveal who they are. Gaspipe failed pretty miserably. Doesn't mean he is scum of the earth, just means when things were looking terrible for him, he was willing to defraud someone else. It is very similar to not knowing who your real friends are until you hit rock bottom and see who stuck with you. Hopefully, he learns from this experience and emerges a better person. Unfortunately, most people end up justifying their actions in their own minds rather than taking a look in the mirror and changing for the better.

Robb

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

@fergie23 said:
    The 5/5 eBay message is after gaspipe found out the boxes were bad from Steve but before the auction house had agreed to refund his money. Sadly, trying to cheat another person when you know the box failed authentication reveals true character. Unfortunately in life, you really can't judge a person's character until "real money to them" decisions are on the line. That is when people reveal who they are. Gaspipe failed pretty miserably. Doesn't mean he is scum of the earth, just means when things were looking terrible for him, he was willing to defraud someone else. It is very similar to not knowing who your real friends are until you hit rock bottom and see who stuck with you. Hopefully, he learns from this experience and emerges a better person. Unfortunately, most people end up justifying their actions in their own minds rather than taking a look in the mirror and changing for the better.

Robb

well said Fergie, well said. I've kept quiet, because I have no idea what to say, but you did it for me.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    19591959 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

All I here over and over on these boards is "DO NOT BUY ANY UNOPENED UNLESS VERIFIED BY BBCE". DO NOT. DO NOT. Now a known member , not only buys unopened , but turns around and tries to sell it? And knowing it could be or has been searched? Shame on you.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having re read the thread, the timeline is a little clearer to me now.

I will defer to the opinions and comments of the more veteran members here who deal with unopened specifically as it’s not my arena.

Good luck in the hunt.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    Sgt_DSgt_D Posts: 85 ✭✭

This thread should be a new Netflix series.

• Options
    surfyfunsurfyfun Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited May 10, 2021 3:17PM

@Sgt_D said:
    This thread should be a new Netflix series.

Or the two 'new people' who show up out of nowhere to chime in could just have their own show to chronicle their journey to this thread.

• Options
    Sgt_DSgt_D Posts: 85 ✭✭

It's the most interesting thread I've read here so far.

• Options
    edited May 10, 2021 3:55PM

@SCS_1 said:
    Please leave GASPIPE alone. If it wasn't for him rushing his items to be authenticated this mess would have been MUCH WORSE than it already is. I was a buyer of this auction and if it wasn't for Gaspipe I would have never been able to get my refund. I'm thankful for him and this hobby needs more GOOD guys. Gaspipe explained himself and now we need to focus on these items being opened or destroyed and spreading awareness on these items. This was a professional job and had been planned for many years. I don't get duped often but these items passed my tests as well. Everyone be good, be well and God Bless.

did you read the thread? if so, then enough said.

perhaps stop to consider that by informing you, that he was also helping himself bc he'd know there would be more pressure to the auction house to accept his returns.

him letting you know, helps himself and in no way wipes the slate clean for what he pulled after he DID know they were bogus. he let you know so you would threaten police interaction, cause stink with and apply more pressure to auction house to ensure a quick and speedy refund to him. you weren't so much as helped as you were used.

• Options

@SCS_1 said:
    Please leave GASPIPE alone. If it wasn't for him rushing his items to be authenticated this mess would have been MUCH WORSE than it already is. I was a buyer of this auction and if it wasn't for Gaspipe I would have never been able to get my refund. I'm thankful for him and this hobby needs more GOOD guys. Gaspipe explained himself and now we need to focus on these items being opened or destroyed and spreading awareness on these items. This was a professional job and had been planned for many years. I don't get duped often but these items passed my tests as well. Everyone be good, be well and God Bless.

one final question for you to ponder...

after he did inform you, did you still leave any ebay offerings listed, follow thru with any existing sales or send messages attempting to sway a potential buyer into following thru w a purchase?

a simple "yes" or "no" answer will suffice. 😉