Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I just hit pay dirt!
    And the best part is it’s not just the four red rolls that are weighing in heavy. The newer style wrappers are also weighing in over 135 to 145 grams each.
    Gonna have to put off opening up my new camera system because I’m too excited to see what I’ve got here :)

• Options

You have to ask for the customer wrapped rolls!!!

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good Luck, dude. Find a 1909. ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@joeykoins said:
    Good Luck, dude. Find a 1909. ;)

Thanks bud, you too with the Jeffs.
    I’m 6 rolls in and a lot of 99‘s in this bunch so I’m hoping for a wide AM. Then a lot of my favorite late 70s early 80s. Plus a Canadian and a wheat to confirm these haven’t been searched.

• Options

I feel another order coming on ;)

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Across the Pond?

The Box stays HOT!

Across a WAY bigger pond...this just fell out of a roll of Loomis quarters lol!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@Kurisu That’s a cool and unexpected find.

• Options

Got a nice selection from the bank today, super duper unusual for them to have a few half dollar rolls!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

A lot of lookers last night, some cool toners, and 2 or 3 maybe 4 to grade. The best looking were two 03 d's that will go 68, problem is that year needs 69 or at least 68+. First piece of the next order anyway :)
    That almost sounded like I went clubbing last night :D

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys have the patience of saints.... No way could I spend the hours you guys do looking at these huge boxes of rolled coins. I used to hunt rolls of halves... but like two or three rolls at a time... and never a box. Too much to do, not enough time. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    You guys have the patience of saints.... No way could I spend the hours you guys do looking at these huge boxes of rolled coins. I used to hunt rolls of halves... but like two or three rolls at a time... and never a box. Too much to do, not enough time. Cheers, RickO

Yea, if time were money we'd all be going broke. I do this in my downtime but at the moment, at work, time is money.
    So, coming here every few hours or in between sales is like my smoke break, lol. Cya :D

• Options
    edited March 24, 2021 11:29PM

I know this isn't the big baby (1992 Close AM) The Color got me.

Here's another color coin

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@joeykoins ... Check that first one, looks like stains/residue more than copper tarnish. Cheers, RickO

• Options

B)@CoinscratchFever ... I had my shades on..... B):D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Found my 1st error coin I hope.
    Still going through 50.00 of penny ban k s rolls a week.
    Found another indiN and a penny with star fish lol. wheats etc.
    Nothing Special Ironton think just p I ling them up then I will sort and Reasearch soon.
    I can post pictures if anyone is interested
    Cheers have fun

• Options

@Kdchrist I don’t believe that one is the doubled die. The 1995 DD is doubled on In God we trust.

• Options

Why would that not be DD it has doubling?

• Options

Both Date and The D has doubling?
    Is it a new thing?

• Options
    edited March 25, 2021 10:00AM

@Kdchrist said:
    Why would that not be DD it has doubling?

I believe that would be a minor version of split plate doubling...basically it's the zinc being stretched a bit.
    Unfortunately in answer to your question, yes...there are a handful of types of doubling that add no value. http://www.error-ref.com/split-plate-doubling/

Coins are Neato!

• Options

The l👀kers from the other night.

Two more boxes of the same (right) I’m about to dig into. They said those were the last two he could sell me this week. And two more (left) that I went back for and traded two fed boxes. These are different though. Mystery!

• Options

I knew the boxes felt a little heavy.
    Very first roll.😁

• Options

Lost the joke Sorry, weight to much?
    Lol

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kdchrist said:
    Found my 1st error coin I hope.

No on DDO but welcome aboard any way.
    Wayne :)

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2021 12:06AM

I searched 2 boxes of quarters today. The very first coin in the 2nd box was the "W" mint "War in the specific" quarter. I thought that there must be more. There was no more "W" mints in the box. So far I have searched 5 $500 boxes of quarters and found a total of 6 "W" mm's. Fours boxes had one each and the other box had 2.
    Finds: 4 foreign coins 1. Panama Veinticinco(25) centesimos 2003
    2. Canada quarter 2019
    3. Great Britain New Pence 1992
    4. Botswana coin (not shown)
    5. "W" mint quarter 2019 "War in Pacific"
    6. "W" mm quarter 2020 "Rockefeller"
    7. "S" mint quarter 2012 "Chaco Culture" - regular business strike.

• Options

@rec78 10,000 coins and 6 keepers...That sounds about par for the course :)

• Options

These 14 cherries came from one 2,500 coin box but, represent probably 15 to 17 boxes to get to them. Then out of the 14 there might be 4 or 5 worth grading. I'm playing a much tougher course at 40,000/4.

Speaking of course...It's Friday!

• Options
    edited March 26, 2021 3:26PM

Yes, it's FRIDAY!
    Boy, this Nickel box has some nice gems, and I'm not finished. Check these out.
    Better photos needed. Lol

Another Buffalo. That's two.

In the last two boxes.
    I'm thinking maybe 21s?

1964d

1992p

1987p

Full Steps too?

• Options

@ajaan said:
    Got a box of cents at the bank.

Good Luck. Find at least one coin worth $25 and you'll find out, that coin just paid for the whole box! :D

• Options

@joeykoins The pics look great albeit blurred from a cell phone but true white now :)

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

I avoided temptation today, went to get another $500.00 box of halves but none there. They will order me a box on Monday and call me when it arrives. Sitting right behind her was a nice box of quarters, 3 boxes of dimes, 3 boxes of pennies. I almost went with the $500.00 box of quarters but I need to organize all the halves that I have. Did not want to start down the quarter rabbit hole until I finish with the halves. I still have two unopened $25.00 boxes of pennies to go through as well.
    One of the boxes of halves had a 1999 delivery date on it, got some great gradable coins from 1971 up to 1999. Cheers.

• Options

Out of 20.00 of pennies I am avg. 5 to 6 wheats and for about 100.00 I found 1 Indian for a total of 3 now. 20 or so from Canada and only 1 from from Bermuda
    Not to bad since I have nothing but time.
    Need to try nickels when I can.
    I am glad to see everyone trying to still find coins
    Have Fun and Good luck

• Options

Waaaaay nicer than the usual roll thing...

Coins are Neato!

• Options

Just found this foreign in a nickel roll. Does anybody know what this is, what year and what country? Thanks.

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2021 2:31PM

@joeykoins said:
    Just found this foreign in a nickel roll. Does anybody know what this is, what year and what country? Thanks.

It’s Iraqi. One of these coins from this page
    https://en.numista.com/catalogue/iran-21.html

• Options

@Mdcoincollector2003 said:
    It’s Iraqi. One of these coins from this page
    https://en.numista.com/catalogue/iran-21.html

Wow! Thank You so much, buddy. What a great help. Pretty old I think? Very Cool coin. Can't determine if its silver or copper? B)

• Options
    edited March 27, 2021 3:11PM

Meant to say Iranian, but I did send the correct page. Could also be copper nickel.

• Options

Definitely a copper nickel version. Ok I looked harder. Definitely this one https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces22437.html.

• Options
    edited March 27, 2021 3:29PM

Thanks. Here's a better picture.

Any idea for the date?

• Options
    edited March 27, 2021 4:02PM

@joeykoins said:
    Thanks. Here's a better picture.

Any idea for the date?

Thanks to @Mdcoincollector2003 for the link to what certainly looks like the correct coin...
    I'd say likely 1902 - ١٣١٩
    or maybe 1903 - ١٣٢١

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited March 27, 2021 7:34PM

Weight: 4.3 Date 1902

Found in the last rolls of Nickles in my 2nd Bank Box. Now on to my 3rd Bank Box. ;)

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Went to school tonight for the Wheel Of Death on Kennedy Halves. Darn machine counter, had to put some otherwise nice luster halves into the "Use these to buy a Coffee and Glazed doughnut" jar. Sifting those out now that I know what angle to hold these up to the light to see them. The obvious one's I already culled out. Better now than later. Cheers.

• Options

Officially Starting my 3rd Bank Box of Nickels.
    @12:28am Sunday morning Central time

• Options

Proof or not?
    Found yesterday. Either a proof coin or a very nice conditioned Philadelphia. It has FS too.

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Proof or not?
    Found yesterday. Either a proof coin or a very nice conditioned Philadelphia. It has FS too.

I'm seeing a bit of doubling on the rim so I lean towards just a really nice one.

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited March 28, 2021 10:11AM

It also has those mirrored fields appearance. :*

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    It also has those mirrored fields appearance. :*

Ya gotta make it complicated lol! :wink: Am I seeing doubling on the rim?
    It's certainly sharp looking...

Coins are Neato!

• Options

It does not look like a proof nickel.... Nice condition for a sixty year old coin in circulation. Cheers, RickO

• Options

You really need to figure it out because if it has full steps even at MS 62 it’s worth $450 and if not then $3.
    Time to roll the bones Joey boy :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file