Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on the W find!

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one "W" that's eluding me, the Samoa. In which, I think is the coolest 2020 coin design out of all 5. :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2021 6:15PM

So the teller said "I've got some rolls a customer just dropped off" and pulled out a bag $325 small dollar rolls.
    ...So I thought to myself, "Gosh, I hope @joeykoins didn't drive to Denver today!" :blush:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

SPELLCHECK ?
    Really its time for a close up.
    I hate typing.

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    So I got a box of old and new coin rolls today. Thought I had found a W but instead it was this!

I too found a butterfly today. Spring must be close.

@Kurisu said:
    So the teller said "I've got some rolls a customer just dropped off" and pulled out a bag $325 small dollar rolls.
    ...So I thought to myself, "Gosh, I hope @joeykoins didn't drive to Denver today!

Lol. No, that's tomorrow silly. Lol.

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Both from the same roll!
    Finally found the spitting horse and my first W Lowell...

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

@Kurisu Nice finds especially the spitting horse.

edited March 11, 2021 10:35AM

@Southside7 said:
    Found last night....FUN! Love the patina and re-punching.

Cool!!! was it in something like a Loomis roll? When I saw your other post I figured it was from a vintage roll at first...vintage rolls are kind of my thing!
    Here's one for sale on ebay so you can get the Civil War Token info... https://www.ebay.com/itm/193329093785?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=193329093785&targetid=1071860218221&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9028795&poi=&campaignid=11616960928&mkgroupid=111101411977&rlsatarget=pla-1071860218221&abcId=9300455&merchantid=6409714&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnKeCBhDPARIsAFDTLTK51YZkCjt-FmttyzHVf5hR_ga3zLyRzoQKu3b7B4lxhusZXg9m5S4aAs4CEALw_wcB

Coins are Neato!

@Kurisu said:
    Both from the same roll!
    Finally found the spitting horse and my first W Lowell...

Congratulations on the Lowell W!

edited March 11, 2021 3:33PM

@rec78 said:
    I finally found a bank where I can order coins weekly. They just happened to have a sealed $500 box of quarters on the day I went in. I ordered 2 boxes for next week. only found 2 goodies in this box. The W mint was on the end of a roll, so I was hoping to find more, but this was the only one in the whole box. The other coin, a 1964 silver quarter, was quite a surprise. I haven't found a silver coin in a roll in over 20 years

That's fun eh?! The silver quarter I posted recently was the first silver quarter I came across in the wild in about 20 years as well! :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

@rec78 said:
    I finally found a bank where I can order coins weekly. They just happened to have a sealed $500 box of quarters on the day I went in. I ordered 2 boxes for next week. only found 2 goodies in this box. The W mint was on the end of a roll, so I was hoping to find more, but this was the only one in the whole box. The other coin, a 1964 silver quarter, was quite a surprise. I haven't found a silver coin in a roll in over 20 years

Congratulations on the W find! Which one was it? 2019, 2020?

• rec78rec78 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@rec78 said:

Sorry, guess I should have photographed both sides! it is a Tall Grass Prairie 2020.

@Southside7 said:

That is a very interesting find, what year? Where from? And was it mixed in with cents?

@rec78 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@rec78 said:

Sorry, guess I should have photographed both sides! it is a Tall Grass Prairie 2020.

Awesome sauce! Butterflies!

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@rec78 said:

Only the 2020 has the V75, but yeah which one is it of the series?! :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@rec78 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@rec78 said:

Awesome sauce! Butterflies!

Lol jinx! We posted at the same moment :blush:

Coins are Neato!

Not incredible but noticed it immediately because it's a super low mintage on these, barely 3 million!

Coins are Neato!

• Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collecting for 57 years. Never tried CRH. At my local bank this last Monday, on a whim, I asked the teller if she had any half dollar rolls. She said no, but the teller beside her said he had one. 1 roll. Definitely customer wrapped. Yes I got it. Brought it home and dumped it out on the desk. I HEARD IT. Silver. Only 1 though. 1969 maybe XF. Also a Bi-centennial that will be an easy ms62. Now what ?
    Yes I'm going to keep asking. We'll see how it goes.

edited March 11, 2021 9:51PM

Nice. 40%' er. Right now. $3.80 ;)

• Southside7Southside7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

@CoinscrtachFever

I expect you mean what year, where from in regards to the roll: If so the roll was mixed dates. It was just a plain 'ol paper roll of modern circulated cents. I acquired it from my local bank. :)

@Tom147 said:
    Collecting for 57 years. Never tried CRH. At my local bank this last Monday, on a whim, I asked the teller if she had any half dollar rolls. She said no, but the teller beside her said he had one. 1 roll. Definitely customer wrapped. Yes I got it. Brought it home and dumped it out on the desk. I HEARD IT. Silver. Only 1 though. 1969 maybe XF. Also a Bi-centennial that will be an easy ms62. Now what ?

It’s fun, especially when you find free money or just something worth keeping. I probably go through at least 10 to 15 boxes of cents between finds, finds PCGS actually recognizes.
    The most exciting for me though is the high grade coins that will come from personal hoards that have sat in someone’s house for 20 to 30 years, finally rolled up and taken to the bank.

You won’t find them in fed rolls and only maybe a tenth of the time in home rolled. The other nine times you will be searching recently searched coins. But when you do you will know right away because the good ones will be clean and with a lot of MS grades and the majority will encompass a particular time frame.

My favorite, though it’s getting tougher to find is the early 80’s, the luster and color on those can be stunning.
    I think I just talked myself into more boxes tomorrow :)

@Southside7 said:
    @CoinscrtachFever

I expect you mean what year, where from in regards to the roll: If so the roll was mixed dates. It was just a plain 'ol paper roll of modern circulated cents. I acquired it from my local bank. :)

No, I meant what year was it made, looks old and where as in origin.

edited March 11, 2021 10:57PM

@Southside7 If you’re unaware as I am you may want to start a question thread about it.
    @Zoins @keets You guys know anything about this token? Up the thread a little.

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @Southside7 If you’re unaware as I am you may want to start a question thread about it.
    @Zoins @keets You guys know anything about this token? Up the thread a little.

If you're talking about that token...look at my reply up above, I posted a link to the exact same one for sale in a slab on ebay :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2021 11:41PM

@Southside7 said:

That is crazy cool....found roll searching?
    I found a CWT roll searching a year or two ago....I thought I was the 💩......but I see that I have been dethroned.🙂

@Tom147 said:

Oh man! You are hooked now! Welcome to the club 😂🤣

edited March 12, 2021 7:24AM

@Kurisu said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

If you're talking about that token...look at my reply up above, I posted a link to the exact same one for sale in a slab on ebay :smiley:

Yea, I totally whiffed that - Thanks!
    I think his will grade at least a couple points higher than the 63 you listed. It certainly looks better.

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Tom147 said:

Oh man! You are hooked now! Welcome to the club 😂🤣

I agree he is hooked now! And I also think he hit some beginners luck :D

Two very interesting finds

My best broadstruck ever in CRH.

And this...

At first, I'm thinking, ah, toned. But then, no rusty! Look what it is too. :/

edited March 12, 2021 5:51PM

Went back to that one bank today...
    Yes, more NIFC's. I can't make myself to let these go by. Esp. The low mintages ones. Like the '19's. Check that ender out. This is my 3rd roll out of 5.

Notice the stack. This is only after 2 rolls!

No Silver, though.

@joeykoins said:

Two very interesting finds

My best broadstruck ever in CRH.

And this...

At first, I'm thinking, ah, toned. But then, no rusty! Look what it is too. :/

That American Memorial is breaking my heart!💔

My 39th W! It took almost 6 weeks to finally find one. :o

Not as spectacular as a Mint roll but man do I love rolls like this!!!
    After opening it I noticed a tear where it looked like it may have been dropped...so they results were plenty of MS66ishes but not the really REALLY good stuff...maybe one MS67 :smiley:
    But I have 2 more of these both from the Credit Union and likely to get opened during this blizzard...it is coming...

Coins are Neato!

@joeykoins said:
    My 39th W! It took almost 6 weeks to finally find one. :o

Congratulations! One more to go!🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🥳🥳🥳🥳

@Kurisu Blizzard?! What’s the matter with you people :D I played golf today it was like 80° I don’t want to hear about no stupid blizzard, lol. I hope that crap doesn’t make it down here :)

I was going to open some rolls tonight but you know I trimmed my finger nails today and that makes it kind of difficult. :D
    So I’ll go ahead and let them tone for another day or two.
    Lmaoamwdb-see if you can figure that one out

but you know I trimmed my finger nails today and that makes it kind of difficult.

Yes, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. You need that index fingernail to peel the paper from each end. Gotcha. Only a die hard CRHunter would know this. ;)

Yes, unless they’re the loosely home rolled type, no nails needed there. But, it was still no good cause I was having double vision and everything would’ve looked DD.
    LMAO at myself while drinking beer.
    I was having a ME day.

@CoinscratchFever said:
    Yes, unless they’re the loosely home rolled type, no nails needed there. But, it was still no good cause I was having double vision and everything would’ve looked DD.
    LMAO at myself while drinking beer.
    I was having a ME day.

Everyone should take one of those as needed!🥳

@joeykoins said:

but you know I trimmed my finger nails today and that makes it kind of difficult.

Yes, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. You need that index fingernail to peel the paper from each end. Gotcha. Only a die hard CRHunter would know this. ;)

I like the short nails...and when I'm doing really dirty coins I wear disposable gloves which have no nail access lol...that's why I have my trusty bamboo pick! Both are often seen in my pics and vids :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

• I found 2 Indian heads in my last 3 rolls of Wheats.
    Just ordered 3 more from same ebay vendor. let you know how I do.
    Good spread of wheat years too.
    Post pick later.
    cheers

edited March 14, 2021 11:46AM

Just moments ago, I came across this one. I do realize it is not the big one. But check the "L" out?

edited March 14, 2021 7:37PM

Is my Coin a Strike Through? Thanks
    :*

@joeykoins said:

Looks like one to me. You may want to post this as an open board question.

@joeykoins said:

Initially my thought is a worn die chip...

Coins are Neato!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file