Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Is my Coin a Strike Through? Thanks
    :*

Initially my thought is a worn die chip...

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

FINALLY.

My 40th W! Rockefeller

Congratulations! Did you find in old or new coin rolls?

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14, 2021 9:55PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@joeykoins said:

FINALLY.

My 40th W! Rockefeller

Congratulations! Did you find in old or new coin rolls?

Thanks. Yeah, here's the surprising part. It was in my last Bank Box of the recent two I bought. It was found in the Circulated Quarters! Down to my last 10 Rolls. :D
    Going back to find some more...

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

On my Last Roll with half the roll checked...

2019 San Antonio

My first one!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@joeykoins said:

On my Last Roll with half the roll checked...

2019 San Antonio

My first one!

Yeah...those San Antonio W really hold up well. Nice to see your efforts are being rewarded my friend!

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing that would elicit even a glance at a show, but a cool roll find.
    I bought $10 in cents today to go through and found this along with a 1942-S and 51-S.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mannie gray Decent roll find for sure. You got me beat, I bought $100 worth today but got bored after the first box of junk :) I obviously picked up at someone’s else’s drop bank today.

However, I still have 3 more boxes from 3 other banks so there’s that :D
    Side note: Cent prices are dropping across the board according to the price guide. I realize that’s not the end all but...Correct me if I’m wrong, that those prices are from realized sales. And people tend to ask and pay less than the guide, in turn lowering the price again. Where does the madness stop?

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a clash of Washington's ear.

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Picked up another box of halves today however they had no wrappers, none to be had. She said buy the wrappers on ebay, no, not happening. I have been putting them back into circulation. I may make my own out of paper bags and some glue.

• Options

@In4apenny said:
    Picked up another box of halves today however they had no wrappers, none to be had. She said buy the wrappers on ebay, no, not happening. I have been putting them back into circulation. I may make my own out of paper bags and some glue.

They usually hand those out for free right? I don’t have the patience to re-roll pennies but for halves I might. Maybe.

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:

@In4apenny said:

They usually hand those out for free right? I don’t have the patience to re-roll pennies but for halves I might. Maybe.

I'm finding that the places here in the Denver area that still have coin counting machines are credit unions and Wells Fargo. Ask the tellers at whichever bank you go to...they probably know where the coin counters are :smiley:
    My favorite teller at my favorite Chase is upset that they don't let her roll coins there lol! She, like me, finds it meditative.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    edited March 16, 2021 6:06PM

All the years that I've been CRH. I have never rolled a single roll of coins. Coin counters do the job. Never one complaint from any of the banks too. :)

• Options

@Kurisu said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@In4apenny said:

I'm finding that the places here in the Denver area that still have coin counting machines are credit unions and Wells Fargo. Ask the tellers at whichever bank you go to...they probably know where the coin counters are :smiley:
    My favorite teller at my favorite Chase is upset that they don't let her roll coins there lol! She, like me, finds it meditative.

I find it meditative to open them so she would be good match ;)

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

FINALLY.

My 40th W! Rockefeller

I hope it fills your set. :)
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

Shhhhh! Don’t wanna wake up any of the pit bosses. I like having our own little channel over here :D and they probably like that as well.
    They’re just waiting for a 69S to turn up then they’re going to pounce.

• Options

YES! I'm psyched :smiley: I was really hoping for one of these specifically...my first one and it's pretty!

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited March 17, 2021 8:52PM

Just Found in my Cent Bank Box.

2009p

In awesome shape for being in the wild for maybe 12 years!

• Options

@joeykoins What type of lights are you using? Makes the cent look brown and hides the luster while at the same time shows all the detail. And based on just the detail it looks really good.

• Options
    edited March 17, 2021 9:46PM

Thanks! How's This Shot? Better Luster?

Just under regular old school 60 watt. Light bulb

• Options

Next Journey...

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got two more boxes of quarters yesterday. Found 3 more "W"s, all "Tallgrass Prairie". I have 4 of these now.

• Options

@rec78 said:
    I got two more boxes of quarters yesterday. Found 3 more "W"s, all "Tallgrass Prairie". I have 4 of these now.

Congratulations! Were the boxes old coin rolls or new coin rolls?

• Options

@joeykoins said:

No, the color is still off for some reason. For grading “They” say Single light source 75 to 100 watt incandescent. I could not find a table top lamp with that wattage so went with two 60’s. Photography is a whole other Animal than grading but getting away from the yellow LED lamps I was using has certainly helped.

• Options
    edited March 19, 2021 8:19AM

@CoinscratchFever said:

@joeykoins said:

No, the color is still off for some reason. For grading “They” say Single light source 75 to 100 watt incandescent. I could not find a table top lamp with that wattage so went with two 60’s. Photography is a whole other Animal than grading but getting away from the yellow LED lamps I was using has certainly helped.

The colors in most of the images are pretty neutral...I see a bit of extra red in the penny images and the others maybe a tiny bit too much blue...but the real problem is the contrast...not sure if it's the exposure or the camera, basically the images are missing an almost pure white and as well an true pitch black. So the contrast range isn't quite there...but I have been doing image pre-press and color correction in professional photography for almost 3 decades, just to toot my horn a bit lol!
    Simply a brighter bulb would likely help that constrast/exposure but also yup...more than one light source coming from even slightly different angles has the effect of softening the contrast range simply due to the softening of shadows...maybe try both lights coming from one side with something like a white piece of paper (not too close) as a reflector on the other side to soften shadows in place of an actual light source...sort of a similar concept to how an axial lighting set up works.
    What is the camera @joeykoins ?

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@Kurisu said:

Lol. Just simply my Galaxy 20 Android Cellphone. Thanks :)

• Options

@Kurisu I just purchased a camera system here from another forum member, should be waiting for me when I get home from my mini Vacay.
    Glad to know your in the know as I’ll have plenty of questions for you to toot at. I’m like Ansel Adams with an iPhone 12 😌 but this real camera thing could be kinda tricky.

• Options

At the very least I need to move the two lights closer to each other as the shadow in the middle shows the coins differently/darker. However the nicer the luster the nicer and darker the appearance of the coins in the middle.

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@Kurisu said:

Lol. Just simply my Galaxy 20 Android Cellphone. Thanks :)

You should get excellent image quality and contrast...unless I'm using my pro Canon DSLR set up I'm almost always using my Galaxy S8 Active and it's fantastic! So your cellphone camera is even better!

Coins are Neato!

• Options

More ammunition for the weekend!

• Options

Like all the pics and suggestions on how to improve them.
    Wayne :)

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

Finished off the bank box of halves with a bang. Found my first 1987 D. 1 1954 Franklin, 7 40%ers none in great condition, and 28 NIFC mostly 2018 with a 2010 with a proof like strike. My luck is improving with each box. Picked up another one from a different branch, all rolled by customers, tellers, and left over from an old box from the 1990s. Not expecting to much from this pick up, just looking for key dates of 1987 and 1970. Cheers.

• Options

This is a First...
    First time in all my CRH days I'm ever searching through 4 denomoninations at the same time.

• Options

Atta boy, that's the spirit!

• Options
    edited March 19, 2021 4:55PM

@In4apenny said:
    Finished off the bank box of halves with a bang. Found my first 1987 D. 1 1954 Franklin, 7 40%ers none in great condition, and 28 NIFC mostly 2018 with a 2010 with a proof like strike. My luck is improving with each box. Picked up another one from a different branch, all rolled by customers, tellers, and left over from an old box from the 1990s. Not expecting to much from this pick up, just looking for key dates of 1987 and 1970. Cheers.

Congrats. Nice Pickins! NIFC's are more uncommon than they get credit for. Most anyway. 2013's, not so much. ;)

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@rec78 said:

Congratulations! Were the boxes old coin rolls or new coin rolls?

All mixed date rolls (old, I guess). I have yet to run into a box of new rolls. I got more ordered for next week.

• Options
    edited March 20, 2021 10:54AM

Picked up on the last minute before the banks closed for the weekend. Omen?

• Options

@joeykoins said:

I hope that you are not roll searching and driving. >:) lol. All I can think of is getting a burger and fries at a Burger King drive thru and then eating the French fries on the way home because they were looking at me.
    Wayne :)

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found this in pocket change yesterday.
    2008 Oklahoma, quarter.
    The B in liberty looks to be blistered as is the E also.

• Options

So this is what @joeykoins feels like all day every day! ;)
    Actually I figured by this point Joey found most of them...
    2 in one roll is a record for me!!!
    I think that makes four 2020's for me and one 2019 W.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@Kurisu Nice finds!

• Options

Nice. Good finds, dude. I haven't been able to find even one anymore and this is someone that's been searching through many Bank Boxes. Believe me, these are starting to be very, very difficult to find. They are becoming more scarce each and everyday because of us seekers. Like I said, Good Finds! Esp. nowadays. ;)

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:
    Found this in pocket change yesterday.
    2008 Oklahoma, quarter.
    The B in liberty looks to be blistered as is the E also.

Found another one tonight.
    Thought I'd look though a few more of the same and, surprise, surprise.
    Same size as the other hitch hiker, but moved further east by a millimeter.

• Options

@Kurisu said:
    So this is what @joeykoins feels like all day every day! ;)
    Actually I figured by this point Joey found most of them...
    2 in one roll is a record for me!!!
    I think that makes four 2020's for me and one 2019 W.

I received two of those in change this last weekend. Cool find.

• Options
    edited March 22, 2021 11:49PM

Finally Silver!

Couldn't find any silver in my three last Bank Box of Quarters. Only 20 rolls in my recent Nickel Bank Box. AWESOME BANK BOX.

I do believe the Mint mark has some kind of RPM.

Plus...

Buffalo! D minted ?

Black Beauty?

• Options
    edited March 23, 2021 1:02AM

Across the Pond?

The Box stays HOT!

• Options
    edited March 23, 2021 5:50AM

@joeykoins Which pond? There's 10,000 of them in Minnesota alone, lol.
    Edit - Is that a mule or two separate coins?

• Options

My NEW Nickel box.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file