• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations! Always nice to find Silver and the American Memorial W 🥇👍😎

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2021 8:27PM

In a Customer Wrapped Roll.

1972d "No FG" variety?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2021 9:25PM

@joeykoins said:

In a Customer Wrapped Roll.

1972d "No FG" variety?

I'm no expert but it sure looks like it!!!
    Typical mushy mushy on the reverse :smiley:
    I defer to an expert though...

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I see trace remnants of the initials.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mannie gray said:
    I think I see trace remnants of the initials.

Good morning Grumpy :D

• Options

Beautiful Enders!

Just picked up 3 Rolls. Not silver, I doubt it, but take a gander at these two enders. Definitely NIFC 's. Could be the 2020's? We shall see.

Also 5 more

From a different bank.

Some WEEKEND FUN!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2021 2:56PM

What about the steel cent? :)

I bet you will get a 40% half from those roles @joeykoins
    Peace,
    boston

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    edited March 5, 2021 4:59PM

NIFC Country!

Here's the third roll WITHOUT the NIFC Enders. 5 of them. SOME are more rarer than the W Quarters.

Check out this Dazzler

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭

NIFC????

• Options
    edited March 5, 2021 9:16PM

@GiveMeProof said:
    NIFC????

Yes
    N= not
    I= intended
    F= for
    C= circulation

Check out at least 5 of them?

These have low Mintages of 1,700,000-3,000,000

• Options

Thanks Joey. I just looked up the Kennedy's and there are a lot of them. So people basically broke into their mint sets and spent them?

• Options
    edited March 5, 2021 10:12PM

Yep, here's one, I'm glad they did.

Rocketship? Big Cash

This Sold for $735

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

So,
    you may have seen a few humorous photos of this 2021 dime on the reverse.
    When first inspected, under magnification, the letter C was my first thought.
    The image sits SW of the left branch's stem and is attached to the inner vein of the stem.
    Now,
    I found a second one with the same image.
    Note the time this is posted. I'm going to take a few min. and glance through my most recent pocket change to see what's going on with this coin.
    Ok, you all know I'm a rookie so any suggestions would be helpful. Here are photo's of each strike. If you see a change of any kind speak up . Trying to set each up in the exact position.
    Coin A

Coin B

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@Snaps said:
    Come on lucky 68. MS68 that is.

Good Luck, dude. Handle carefully. Lol :D

• Options
    edited March 6, 2021 6:06AM

@joeykoins

@joeykoins said:
    Yep, here's one, I'm glad they did.

Rocketship? Big Cash

This Sold for $735

I’m pretty sure I ordered a whole bag of these from the mint. Didn’t have to break any sets.

• Options

@emeraldATV said:
    So,
    you may have seen a few humorous photos of this 2021 dime on the reverse.
    When first inspected, under magnification, the letter C was my first thought.
    The image sits SW of the left branch's stem and is attached to the inner vein of the stem.
    Now,
    I found a second one with the same image.
    Note the time this is posted. I'm going to take a few min. and glance through my most recent pocket change to see what's going on with this coin.
    Ok, you all know I'm a rookie so any suggestions would be helpful. Here are photo's of each strike. If you see a change of any kind speak up . Trying to set each up in the exact position.
    Coin A

Coin B

Distance and magnification.

• Options

@Snaps said:
    Come on lucky 68. MS68 that is.

Stardate 2021, have the earthlings figured out how to make a MS70 yet?
    :D

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Glad I got mine early! :)

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    edited March 6, 2021 6:06PM

Is that yours? If it is, dude! Beautiful ;)

Just picked up 3 more today.

Hoping for more 2019's. Maybe even 2008's? The rarest. Check out the ender. A nice 2015.These are even better than finding Silver.

1st Roll

I see at least 5?

I was right.

5 more NIFC's.
    One more 2019d, not so nice though

Roll #2

This time, I see 10! One more 2019d.

Roll 3

4 more NIFC's. Total in just 3 rolls.= 19 NIFC's

• Options

You can tell by looking at the edges?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlotteDude... Wow... What an incredible story.... to find that many rolls of silver dimes at the bank.... I have never had any experience roll hunting that even merits talking about beyond the occasional WLH over many years. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@CharlotteDude Dang! This will happen a lot more once Millennials start to age :D Problem is I'm Gen X.

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @CharlotteDude Dang! This will happen a lot more once Millennials start to age :D Problem is I'm Gen X.

How do think us Baby Boomers feel?😂🤣

• Options
    edited March 7, 2021 10:11AM

Dude!

Lol. Very Cool. Your friend is the envy of this thread. Us CRHunters, long to have a payday as your friend had. Lol Congrats. to him. Thanks for sharing. ;)

• Options
    edited March 7, 2021 10:19AM

My NIFC Scoreboard 37, so far in CRH. ;)
    I started a new thread on the specifics.

Both have a 1,700,000 Mintage

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

This AM Quarter roll hunting for W's, got a 1964D... Happy Sunday!! :)

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    This AM Quarter roll hunting for W's, got a 1964D... Happy Sunday!! :)

Congratulations! Always nice to see that silver shine in between that dirty copper 😂🤣

• Options

Hey Joey... I see your possible strike through and raise you one gigantic struck through :smiley: Along with a second smaller one too.
    Found last night, posted in another thread because this time I needed some confirmation because I sort of couldn't believe it lol!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@Kurisu said:
    Hey Joey... I see your possible strike through and raise you one gigantic struck through :smiley: Along with a second smaller one too.
    Found last night, posted in another thread because this time I needed some confirmation because I sort of couldn't believe it lol!

Congratulations! Looks like you are giving Joey a run for his money!🤣😂

• Options
    edited March 7, 2021 8:01PM

Let's talk about frustrated, rude, lazy coin roll hunters...
    This is not ok. I'm just saying. It's obviously someone here in the Denver area.
    Clearly this person is not asking the right questions at the Credit Union of Denver...Questions like...hey, are these re-wraps of the coins I brought back last week like I keep doing over and over and over here at this same location? lol!

I'm just saying...There were actually plenty of halves from my search with both these initials and other sharpie marks...No sir, I don't like it. It also just screams that this is someone who's likely just looking for silver and obvious stuff and doesn't check for varieties the way we do here. This person clearly does not care about the people who are looking to fill books and find the hard to find things, etc... I'll be honest it just bothers me.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

That is BS....I would be upset too!😤

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    That is BS....I would be upset too!😤

Yes, and this was only a 10 roll search...so I'm guessing there are now quite a few sharpied coins in the area, or at least from this credit union.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@Kurisu Looks like the Mark of Zorro!
    We’re the Initials only on the bicentennial‘s?

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:

Nope, they were on a few seemingly random coins. I was hoping they were just going to show up on especially junky coins lol.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@Kurisu said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

Nope, they were on a few seemingly random coins. I was hoping they were just going to show up on especially junky coins lol.

I see there are a lot of banks in and around Denver. I would be looking for some way off the beaten path. I feel a road trip coming on B)

• Options

You might try a sleepy little town or a retirement community complete with a Piggly Wiggly. If you find that then definitely go to the service desk.
    At any rate it’s time to change it up and try the opposite.
    Happy Hunting.

• Options

Try not to let it stress you out. Don't worry, out of our hands, right? Acetone should quickly take care of that? ;)

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Try not to let it stress you out. Don't worry, out of our hands, right? Acetone should quickly take care of that? ;)

So please clarify this for me. I thought cleaning a coin is taboo so why is it ok to clean a coin with Acetone?
    I am asking because I have some circulated W quarters that are really dirty. Can I clean them with Acetone without damaging the coin? Inquiring mind wants to know 😎

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@joeykoins said:

So please clarify this for me. I thought cleaning a coin is taboo so why is it ok to clean a coin with Acetone?
    I am asking because I have some circulated W quarters that are really dirty. Can I clean them with Acetone without damaging the coin? Inquiring mind wants to know 😎

No, lol. Don't ever clean any coin! Soaking the coin in acetone is ok. That should remove any marker on a coin? Try not to ever "rub" the coin in any way. If you want to risk it. I don't advise this, but I once in a great while, to try to remove a fingerprint or haze. I'll take a Q-tip and dilute ezest with water. Roll, roll not rub, the coin very gently over the print/haze area only. Remember, I don't advise it! This is what I do occasionally. Good Luck. ;)

• Options

@Kurisu said:

Very cool, dude! I only hope that Truly is a strike through instead of a hit by another coin? Or damaged in any way. I hope I'm wrong and you're right. ;)

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@joeykoins said:

It's more in line with the concept of restoration rather than cleaning.
    There are lots of techniques that can be used to remove 'gunk' on a coin. Especially biological gunk.
    Just like our host here PCGS has a conservation service and they use some of these restoration techniques.

The key thing like Joey said is that you don't clean stuff off with abrasion or rubbing. We sometimes will use chemicals (that you have to be very careful with as they tend to be flammable and brain scrambling if you don't use them in a well ventilated place or outside)...acetone is one of them...not nail polish remover! Pure acetone from a hardware store will basically dissolve a lot of things off of a coin without messing up the surface or affecting the actual metal. Sometimes soaking the coin in acetone will really do a lot but sometimes you leave behind a different color surface because it's been covered for years.

The other one he mentioned is a metal cleaner called E-Z-est. It's powerful and can quickly damage the surface of the coin because it actually does 'eat' away at it. Some of us use that mostly on ugly silver toning but it works VERY fast and so I personally dilute it with distilled water...then we rinse the coin thoroughly under running water and set it on a soft towel to completely dry. I like to hold the coin tight by the edges and use canned air after swishing it in distilled water as a last step although after acetone the coin doesn't need a rinse and that can also re-introduce some moisture to the coin.

If you search threads for coin cleaning and conservation you'll find some of this info and how various people like to do it.
    The concept of restoration is to restore the coin's original surface as much as possible, rather than clean it and create a new surface.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@Kurisu said:

Very cool, dude! I only hope that Truly is a strike through instead of a hit by another coin? Or damaged in any way. I hope I'm wrong and you're right. ;)

Thanks! The experts all quickly agreed it was a really nice struck through in my other thread...I figured it was a real one based on no movement or curling of the metal around the edges which a large gouge would've caused.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@Kurisu said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@joeykoins said:

It's more in line with the concept of restoration rather than cleaning.
    There are lots of techniques that can be used to remove 'gunk' on a coin. Especially biological gunk.
    Just like our host here PCGS has a conservation service and they use some of these restoration techniques.

The key thing like Joey said is that you don't clean stuff off with abrasion or rubbing. We sometimes will use chemicals (that you have to be very careful with as they tend to be flammable and brain scrambling if you don't use them in a well ventilated place or outside)...acetone is one of them...not nail polish remover! Pure acetone from a hardware store will basically dissolve a lot of things off of a coin without messing up the surface or affecting the actual metal. Sometimes soaking the coin in acetone will really do a lot but sometimes you leave behind a different color surface because it's been covered for years.

The other one he mentioned is a metal cleaner called E-Z-est. It's powerful and can quickly damage the surface of the coin because it actually does 'eat' away at it. Some of us use that mostly on ugly silver toning but it works VERY fast and so I personally dilute it with distilled water...then we rinse the coin thoroughly under running water and set it on a soft towel to completely dry. I like to hold the coin tight by the edges and use canned air after swishing it in distilled water as a last step although after acetone the coin doesn't need a rinse and that can also re-introduce some moisture to the coin.

If you search threads for coin cleaning and conservation you'll find some of this info and how various people like to do it.
    The concept of restoration is to restore the coin's original surface as much as possible, rather than clean it and create a new surface.

Thank you! I appreciate the clarification. I learned something new today!😎

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Here is my total from 2 boxes of $500 searched halves.
    2018 97
    2017 8
    one each 03,04,08,09,10,11,14.
    2005 2

4 unopened rolls with NIFC enders two of which are 2018.

I think I found one 2019 but it's MIA.

Going to return $500 back and exchange it for a new box.
    Found only 1 1954 Ben and one 1967 Kennedy.

The hunt continues, Cheers.

• Options

@Kurisu said:
    Thanks! The experts all quickly agreed it was a really nice struck through in my other thread...I figured it was a real one based on no movement or curling of the metal around the edges which a large gouge would've caused.

I'm Glad for you, dude! Nice coin. ;)

• Options
    Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file