Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie .... @JoeyCoins ... OK... You two compare figures and let us know who wears the crown. :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. No, I'm not the King. WquarterFreddie is. Trying to catch up with him though. Lol

Next Search

Yes, another Bank Box and another 10 Rockefeller Rolls. Lol Didn't even finish my last Cent Box. Rolls and rolls of fun and $. ;) Thanks RickO

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a challenge to me. I'm gonna have to go get some quarters now :D

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @WQuarterFreddie .... @JoeyCoins ... OK... You two compare figures and let us know who wears the crown. :D Cheers, RickO

Not even close😎

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie....That is not a conclusion...... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve found some, but I’m not even in the ranking only found maybe 15. All from circulated rolls. My bank never had new rolls

• Options

Do the '19 Lowell's count? I found like 20 of them. Early finds too might I add.

• Options
    edited February 13, 2021 1:15AM

RESULTS: 5 More. 1 of them, My first Weir Farm W

#28, #29, #30, #31 and #32.

One Bonus Find.
    "STRIKE-THROUGH" Obv./Rev. 2018d Michigan
    Pictured Rocks

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

New 10 Roll Pick up

RESULTS: 6 More!

#33, #34, #35, #36, #37 and #38.

2 Away from a Full Roll :D

• Options

OK... we need a score card going now... So far we have @JoeyCoins and @WQuarterFreddie running a close race... Not sure who is in the lead, but with Joey's totals above, he may be in the lead. Post totals guys.. so far, Joey at 38... where is Freddie?? Cheers, RickO

• Options

Lol, RickO. I think WQF has got me by a mile? I believe in one of his posts, he found 38-40 in one Bank Box?

Back searching through my Cent Bank Box.

Check this beauty out along with an oddity.

What the Heck is this on Abe's forehead?

• Options

@ricko said:
    OK... we need a score card going now... So far we have @JoeyCoins and @WQuarterFreddie running a close race... Not sure who is in the lead, but with Joey's totals above, he may be in the lead. Post totals guys.. so far, Joey at 38... where is Freddie?? Cheers, RickO

Hey guys! To be fair to Joey, all I search is W quarters and I average 4 boxes/week. Regarding Ricko's comments about keeping score I need further clarification. If you want to know my total for all my W quarters found it is in the many hundreds. If we are only counting the Tallgrass it is less than a hundred but look what I just got today!

• Options

Wow.... OK... Looks as if you wear the crown.... Thanks and good luck with the new box. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... @WQuarterFreddie IS the Quarter King!! Several hundred?? Yikes...I was feeling good after searching a box a week to have gotten my count up to 26!

I found a Weir Farm just this week right on the end!!! And @JoeyCoins is doing amazing as well....some good stuff there!!!

• Options

W-ith Those Numbers, WQuarterFreddie, W-ill NEVER Be dethroned!

You Da' Man! ;)

• Options

I need to go to my bank....when they open the lobby.... still shut down, only drive through open. I have not tried quarter roll searching....but checking change has not worked for me. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    I need to go to my bank....when they open the lobby.... still shut down, only drive through open. I have not tried quarter roll searching....but checking change has not worked for me. Cheers, RickO

When they open - Still shut down?
    So ridiculous - Patience is a curse!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

#23, #24, #25, #26, #27 and #28.

so you know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy that works at the mint? :):):D

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@Kurisu said:
    I'm envious of all the W's...you guys going to get any of the nicer ones graded already?! Let's see some 67's eh!? 68's?!!!

Nothing completely spectacular but here's a bunch of the FS finds from my 20 rolls of nickels search!
    Maybe I'll start making a roll of FS nickels to giveaway at some point :smiley:

These were so Close but not quite...

Yeah....getting a W quarter graded PCGS MS67 or MS68 is tough. Just check out pricing on the Bay for what people are paying for them!

Believe me, I have tried but best grades I have gotten from our host so far is MS66. There is a fellow forum member who has gotten MS67. Perhaps he will post some pics for you!😎

• Options
    edited February 14, 2021 2:56PM

Good eye in picking those FS Jefferson's. I'm sure you had difficulty in finding those.

Here is a Jefferson I had graded awhile back MS 65 FS

I Noticed you have a 2000p

Well, like WQuarterFreddie pointed out, these W's are very difficult as well to pick out the MS 67,68's. Here is my PCGS MS 67

I am yet to go through my 37 other ones.

Hopefully, I will find a 68 or even better? Keep on hunting. Whether they are the W's or the Jefferson FS designations. Good Luck.

• Options
    edited February 14, 2021 11:25PM

My Most STRANGEST Find!

Free Mason Hobo?

Very Good Art Detail

Notice The Date. The One in the Date still is visible???

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2021 11:57PM

Details are their job.
    Very Cool, we got the show, now, do tell .
    Romper Room with style.

• Options

1964d? RPD?

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    1964d? RPD?

I'd say die chips

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@Kurisu .... Interesting 'blue sky' effect from the finger print oils/acids. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @Kurisu .... Interesting 'blue sky' effect from the finger print oils/acids. Cheers, RickO

Someone pointed out to me that it looks like an eagle with RADAR :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:

@ricko said:

Someone pointed out to me that it looks like an eagle with RADAR :smiley:

Whoever said that has a good imagination and......yeah, I can see it now.....wouldn't have thought of it though.

• Options

I had to go to the grocery store...decided I'd try the Credit Union of Denver for rolls.
    They are limiting them to 2 rolls per customer but they also had 2 rolls of half dollars in the whole branch!

They haven't seen me in a very long time and I've been a customer since the very early 90's so they happily checked for me with all the tellers for anything interesting.

They only had about 20 rolls of quarters total in the entire branch so I was polite and only asked for 2.
    But I'm excited about even 2 rolls of halfs, haven't seen any of those anywhere!

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:

But I'm excited about even 2 rolls of halfs, haven't seen any of those anywhere!

Every once in awhile, I'll order a box of halves from the bank, $500, and so much fun to go through. Haven't found anything too amazing yet, just a couple silver ones!

• Options

Found today. 2009p.DDR

Formative Years

• Options

The hunt never really ends but today I’m at that point where I just boxed up the best I could muster for this order.
    Several weeks worth of seemingly endless searching of rolls, banks, pawn shops, and antique stores.
    So now, the hunt hits a kind of reset, I get to dream about and also second guess my decisions for the next 5 or 6 weeks while the search continues, expands, and to boldly go where no searcher has gone before :D
    Hmmm

• Options

If there’s one thing I have learned, it’s how to tidy up a box for shipping. Just look at that! It’s almost perfect a 69 fir sure. :D

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:
    If there’s one thing I have learned, it’s how to tidy up a box for shipping. Just look at that! It’s almost perfect a 69 fir sure. :D

69+...🤣😂

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

69+...🤣😂

Once USPS is done with it it will be VF details at best 😆

• Options

@Mdcoincollector2003 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

69+...🤣😂

Once USPS is done with it it will be VF details at best 😆

Oh no! It's drop kick proof. The outer shell is just the beginning. Once you get through the layers of tape you'll find sheets of bubble wrap. Then a small ink cartridge box has the goods which is also wrapped & taped up and then stuffed with bubble wrap to prevent shifting. It was the only way to get rid of the rubber bands w/o scotch taping the flips.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    If there’s one thing I have learned, it’s how to tidy up a box for shipping. Just look at that! It’s almost perfect a 69 fir sure.

69+...🤣😂

yes but did you put the coins inside lol> @CoinscratchFever said:

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:

@CoinscratchFever said:
    If there’s one thing I have learned, it’s how to tidy up a box for shipping. Just look at that! It’s almost perfect a 69 fir sure.

69+...🤣😂

yes but did you put the coins inside lol> @CoinscratchFever said:

DOH! :o

• Options

Nothing spectacular in the 2 half dollar rolls, but a couple pretties in lower-ish MS

Coins are Neato!

• Options

This is a BIG ONE! Check it out. 114 ROLLS.

Finally found a Bank that had em. Can't remember when I went through Half Dollars? :D

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Finally found a Bank that had em. Can't remember when I went through Half Dollars? :D

You missed a hole :D

• Options

@joeykoins said:

You are the man! Enjoy and happy hunting!🤴

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Lol. Thanks. Yeah, been trying to find more W's. No such luck. I hit a dry spell. Checked a whole Bank Box of the Rockefellers the other day, NOTHING. So I thought I give some half dollars a whirl. Saving it for the weekend. At least the two boxes, went through the 14 Rolls already. No silver but maybe some dd's? Need my scope to find out for sure. Many 1971d's and 1974d's. :*

• Options

Good luck @JoeyCoins .... I used to search half dollar rolls... Only found one WLH... a '41. But that was a thrill when that dropped out... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Lol. Thanks. Yeah, been trying to find more W's. No such luck. I hit a dry spell. Checked a whole Bank Box of the Rockefellers the other day, NOTHING. So I thought I give some half dollars a whirl. Saving it for the weekend. At least the two boxes, went through the 14 Rolls already. No silver but maybe some dd's? Need my scope to find out for sure. Many 1971d's and 1974d's. :*

Maybe you found them all...time to switch states lol!

Coins are Neato!

• Options

Now, I'll have to ask for new boxes along with customer wrapped ones.
    Coin Quest 2021 - Are you in?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file