Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

THE RESULTS JUST ADDED - Stop what you're doing! ...and think about...Mules for a moment!

KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 14, 2021 10:16PM in U.S. Coin Forum

And thank you for your positive vibrations :blush:

Most expensive box I've ever bought. Asked Chase for a box this Monday, they just called...was hoping to see a roll or two of Hubble Telescopes.
But I'm not greedy...one mule would be just fine :wink:

Brewing a fresh pot now...this deserves freshly ground!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

hope you don't get a headache looking at the edge lettering. that's the hardest part of CRH these things.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Looks like a couple of Susan B's are in the mix also, nice pick-up should keep you busy for a little while, let us know if find anything Good..

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:
    And thank you for your positive vibrations :blush:
    Brewing a fresh pot now...this deserves freshly ground!

nice! a good change-up from the normal lower denom boxes/rolls we usually see here.

be sure you are studied up on what to possibly find with these as there are some really diverse features to look for and some scarce varieties/errors.

maybe post your top 5-10 things to look for and see if we can add a couple to help?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2021 5:41PM

Positive vibes and a cheers to the mug of coffee. GL

1000$ bucks in change, man are they going to be mad when you bring them back

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

ya gotta take em to a dump bank somewhere else.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    hope you don't get a headache looking at the edge lettering. that's the hardest part of CRH these things.

I just make it my last step...yup I'd get a headache too if it was a lot to look for but really it's just a few things...

When I open the roll, any proofs have the little vertical raised tick marks on the edge so they're easy to spot immediately.

After checking each coin I check the edge last. Taking a quick look for missing lettering or overlapping lettering.

There is one more odd variety known but only for proofs...Instead of correctly reading: “2007 S – E PLURIBUS UNUM – IN GOD WE TRUST,” the edges on the error dollars read, “2007 S – IN GOD WE TRUST – E PLURIBUS UNUM.”

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

After almost 30 years, they love me. I don't do this often, and sometimes I bring them cookies :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:

@MsMorrisine said:

After almost 30 years, they love me. I don't do this often, and sometimes I bring them cookies :smiley:

You’re nicer to your bank than my wife is to me :(

• Options

Alrighty did it in a weekend and a couple pots of coffee :blush: ...I would've been very sad if I went through a 1000 of these to find nothing fun lol!!!

Sometimes I truly love a fingerprint!

This certainly looks burnished to me, but I see no references to a 2009 P burnished variety.

My first Jim Thorpe in the wild, a couple unfortunate hits, just like Jim lol! But I love it!

2008 S Proof...was hoping for at least one proof and got...one single proof!

Still mirror like even though heavily worn, I believe it's probably from the Millennium set originally.

I've got some super nice MS ones' from mint rolls but I was genuinely surprised at the condition of these in heavily circulated rolls like these!

Sometimes I find pretty nice SBA's but rarely heavily worn die SBA's so I just though this was neato! Heavily worn D compared to a pretty nice S both from one single roll.

Wasn't expecting to find any innovation dollars so these were a nice surprise!

Ok...I know a bunch of the varieties for Sacagawea are pretty tiny, the double dies and the die gouges except for the wounded eagle of course...but this was easy to spot without a loupe. Put it on the microscope just to confirm that it is in fact raised. Didn't find it listed as a variety.

Some of the pretty nice shiny presidents, just fun to see in these circulated rolls.

Gold plated.

Another Gold plated.

That's all folks!!!

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget....on the edge lettering there are also mules.

Not sure of the years or designs, but the presidential and NA dollars had different edge lettering and some mix-ups were known to occur.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of work - and all complete in a weekend....Must have been several pots of coffee...Thanks for all the excellent pictures. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu

i see those "gouges" on a lot of modern coinage, like recent modern.

not sure what is scraping against the dies but they sure do resemble feeder finger gouges. i really don't recall the various types of machines and the years they did/didn't use certain functions but these have been getting called feeder fingers all over ebay. i put either that or gouges. perhaps a generic "scraped die(s)" is in order?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file