• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@koynekwest said:
    Does that Whitman folder bring back some memories, Poordollaz47! That was my first encounter with numismatics when I started in 1961.

Damn...I started in 67... sucking on a pacifier that is :) Ya'll guys had it easy compared to nowadays - Searching that is.

I wasn't born until 94😂 😂

Your 27 and I’m 27 years older ;)

27 with a lot of passion for the hobby and numismatic's,😊

Edit to add: I feel I'm one of the younger members here

So did I, until you came along :D
    How did the hobby find you?

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a 1969 baby...same year I started learning chess. The coins came later :wink:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@dagingerbeasttt said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@koynekwest said:
    Does that Whitman folder bring back some memories, Poordollaz47! That was my first encounter with numismatics when I started in 1961.

Damn...I started in 67... sucking on a pacifier that is :) Ya'll guys had it easy compared to nowadays - Searching that is.

I wasn't born until 94😂 😂

Your 27 and I’m 27 years older ;)

27 with a lot of passion for the hobby and numismatic's,😊

Edit to add: I feel I'm one of the younger members here

So did I, until you came along :D
    How did the hobby find you?

😂😂 My best friends grandfather. He always had me looking through my pocket change. one day I had found a Merc dime in my change and from there I was hooked. Every scratch, dent and coin was a question. I found this forum, probably bugged the hell out of alot of people ( I'm sorry) with is this a DDO? Rpm?, And got flooded with knowledge 😊 so here I am today, still a novice, but a passionate one!

• Options

@dagingerbeasttt Very cool! And I posted my fair share of junk too. Once you get past that point you earn your white belt. Im only a few years in and a still a novice as well.
    A lot of black belts here which is great ;) for us. I love the massive amount of possibilities and the ability to switch gears to another series if I get bored or not having any luck.
    Sometimes PCGS really pisses me off :D when I get my grades but I truly appreciate their focus on the integrity of their name brand. One day Sensei. one day.

• Options

@Kurisu said:
    I'm a 1969 baby...same year I started learning chess. The coins came later :wink:

Was that your castle block move :D
    Checkmate :D

• Options
    dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @dagingerbeasttt Very cool! And I posted my fair share of junk too. Once you get past that point you earn your white belt. Im only a few years in and a still a novice as well.
    A lot of black belts here which is great ;) for us. I love the massive amount of possibilities and the ability to switch gears to another series if I get bored or not having any luck.
    Sometimes PCGS really pisses me off :D when I get my grades but I truly appreciate their focus on the integrity of their name brand. One day Sensei. one day.

One day😂😊 got me rolling brotha. I'm off to bed, 5:00 comes early. Have a good night!

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever
    That is a really nice 42-D.
    Hard to imagine finding a coin like that in a roll.
    And congrats on the 88-D.
    "Stay grumpy, my friend." :)

• Options

@mannie gray said:
    @CoinscratchFever
    That is a really nice 42-D.
    Hard to imagine finding a coin like that in a roll.
    And congrats on the 88-D.
    "Stay grumpy, my friend." :)

Thank you Mannie, and I will. That was some of the best advice yet. Waiting on grades now but the order I’m still putting together should be even better. :)

• Options

@Kurisu said:

Love the game but I never think more than 3 or 4 moves ahead and lose my queen a lot...

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:

@Kurisu said:

Love the game but I never think more than 3 or 4 moves ahead and lose my queen a lot...

If you bring her out early you will risk that.
    It is a great game!

• Options
    edited February 3, 2021 10:06PM

@CoinscratchFever said:

@Kurisu said:

I'm no expert...When I was born my Dad mailed an announcement to one of his best friends who was also a PHD grad (we were living in England)...his friend sent a letter back saying "very impressive, let me know when he learns to play chess." British whit lol!
    My Dad sent him back a photo of me holding a chess piece apparently making a move at a few days old, I still have an original of the photo. On the back my Dad wrote "Christopher's Gambit".

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@joeykoins said:

The Good News

Picked up this surprise box from my bank today. All 2020 Rockefeller quarters!

The Bad News

Not ONE "W".
    Oh well. :'(

You are not alone. Recently I went through a box of Salt River.
    Same results as you had.
    Crickets.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mannie gray said:

@joeykoins said:

The Good News

The Bad News

Not ONE "W".

Same results as you had.
    Crickets.

Thanks, I feel better now. Lol :D

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@mannie gray said:

@joeykoins said:

The Good News

The Bad News

Not ONE "W".

Same results as you had.
    Crickets.

Strange emotions, huh? Going from one very exciting and fired up moment to the death blow! Tomorrow, I think I'm going to exchange the $500 for a bank box of Half Dollars? It's been awhile since I went through that denomination.

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@joeykoins said:

@mannie gray said:

@joeykoins said:

The Good News

The Bad News

Not ONE "W".

Same results as you had.
    Crickets.

Strange emotions, huh? Going from one very exciting and fired up moment to the death blow! Tomorrow, I think I'm going to exchange the $500 for a bank box of Half Dollars? It's been awhile since I went through that denomination.

Yes. Except I enter it with absolutely no expectations.
    I am the Spock of roll searching/cherry picking.
    You can't tell by my face or actions if I have just bought a $1000 coin for $1 or a $2 coin for $1.
    It doesn't mean I am not passionate about coins...I am just maybe too old to get excited about things....(That didn't come out right.......neither did that......)

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

The Good News

The Bad News

Not ONE "W".

Oh man! That type of box has NEVER given me 2019 or 2020 new coins. I was rooting for you....I know how frustrating it is to look through a whole box of new coins and get no W....my condolences 😪

• Options

@mannie gray said:

@joeykoins said:

@mannie gray said:

Yes. Except I enter it with absolutely no expectations.
    I am the Spock of roll searching/cherry picking.
    You can't tell by my face or actions if I have just bought a $1000 coin for $1 or a $2 coin for $1.
    It doesn't mean I am not passionate about coins...I am just maybe too old to get excited about things....(That didn't come out right.......neither did that......)

You're funny, dude. :D

• Options

@mannie gray said:

@joeykoins said:

The Good News

The Bad News

Not ONE "W".

Same results as you had.
    Crickets.

I searched 6 boxes of Salt Rivers and never found a W!😤

• Options
    edited February 3, 2021 10:26PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@joeykoins said:

The Good News

The Bad News

Not ONE "W".

Oh man! That type of box has NEVER given me 2019 or 2020 new coins. I was rooting for you....I know how frustrating it is to look through a whole box of new coins and get no W....my condolences 😪

I sort of figured that this wasn't going to be a good box after checking 100 ends of the rolls without one "W". Oh well. Thanks for the rooting me on.

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@mannie gray said:

@joeykoins said:

The Good News

The Bad News

Not ONE "W".

Same results as you had.
    Crickets.

WOW! You, the KING? LOL

• Options
    edited February 4, 2021 12:04AM

@joeykoins said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@mannie gray said:

@joeykoins said:

The Good News

The Bad News

Not ONE "W".

Same results as you had.
    Crickets.

WOW! You, the KING? LOL

I have a "strike through " W Tallgrass Prairie Quarter that I'm contemplating to send in for grading. This should make the coin even rarer, no?

• Options

@mannie gray said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@Kurisu said:

If you bring her out early you will risk that.
    It is a great game!

Yes, I roll her out immediately and she goes on a killing spree and then the Knight usually stabs her in the back, lol.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @Kurisu Must be nice living so close to the mint :) I went to the Federal Reserve Bank in Houston one day, thinking I was just gonna walk in a grab a box of quarters :D Wrong! That's not how that works!

feel your pain ;)

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

My father-in-law says you can tell a lot about a person by the way they play golf.
    When I walk up to the tee box it's like countdown to space launch. Not exactly sure where it's going but I guarantee you, it's going...

• Options
    edited February 5, 2021 8:25AM

Hey guy's, found this Georgia coin while CRH. Wondering if it may be a "missing clad" quarter or not? Or is it the dreaded buried quarter? How can one tell? Thanks guy's ;)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely not missing clad....May not have been buried, but certainly was in a hostile environment for a while. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited February 5, 2021 8:31AM

Here is a 1981 quarter I found while looking for W quarters.

The In God We Trust looks crooked to me. Is this normal for this quarter or do I have an "error" coin?

It is dirty and circulated. I was going to " throw it back" but thought I better not until I confirm it is just worth 25C🤣😂

• Options

until I confirm it is just worth 25C🤣😂

Better pics, mman? :*

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Hey guy's, found this Georgia coin while CRH. Wondering if it may be a "missing clad" quarter or not? Or is it the dreaded buried quarter? How can one tell? Thanks guy's ;)

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back it to you. it loves you. If it doesn't, it never did :D:D:D

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

The In God We Trust looks crooked to me. Is this normal for this quarter or do I have an "error" coin?

It is dirty and circulated. I was going to " throw it back" but thought I better not until I confirm it is just worth 25C🤣😂

likely environmental damage.

Probably a metal detecting coin

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

@Treashunt said:

@Treashunt said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

likely environmental damage.

Probably a metal detecting coin

A 2X2 died for that coin.

Awww...I got plenty more 2x2! I can recycle it if that will make you feel better!🤣😂

Thanks for your feedback!

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    until I confirm it is just worth 25C🤣😂

Better pics, mman? :*

Sorry. I think I spent too much time on this coin already. Looks like I should have trusted my instincts and "thrown it back"😂🤣

• Options
    Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found CRH today

• Options

Found something today that's better than the "spitting horse". Check it out. Finger feeders?

• Options

Look what I just found Joey!

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie That looks like the type B reverse...

• Options

Yippie! Hi Ho Silver! Congrats. Haven't found any silver in the past two bank boxes of quarters. Good for you, dude. ;)

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @WQuarterFreddie That looks like the type B reverse...

So....what does that mean exactly?

• Options

The "B" Reverse Quarters are quarters that have been accidentally minted with Proof reverses on circulated Quarters. Your 1964 Washington quarter looks to be a Proof coin. So in saying that, your's is NOT the B Reverse Quarter. Nice find though. :)
    The B Reverse Quarters are on the dates from 1956-1964. Remember, only the non-proofs. :)

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    The "B" Reverse Quarters are quarters that have been accidentally minted with Proof reverses on circulated Quarters. Your 1964 Washington quarter looks to be a Proof coin. So in saying that, your's is NOT the B Reverse Quarter. Nice find though. :)
    The B Reverse Quarters are on the dates from 1956-1964. Remember, only the non-proofs. :)

I am so confused! That's why I stick with my W quarters. Real easy to spot and to know what I got!🤣😂

• Options

@joeykoins said:

I thought it might be a proof but how unlikely of a find in that condition and in a roll.

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    I am so confused!

Lol. Just remember, all the circulated Washington quarters (except the proofs) should have the reverse of the word " States" with the last two letters (es) being CLOSE together. Not like the proof reverses, with the last two letters in the word, "States" (es, separated).
    When these two letters are separated on the reverse of the circulated quarters, that's when you call the quarter the " B Reverse Type". Kapish? Lol

• Options

Right in the middle of a Loomis roll of junk...well there was a messed up 1947 in there too.
    Even though it's not so old it genuinely blows my mind to think how this survived in this condition.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@Kurisu said:

Yes, FS too! Nice catch.

• Options

Found this 2 minutes ago in the Quarter Roll Hunting.

The Homestead "leaking bucket".

Along with an additional die chip on the top window.

• Options

@Kurisu Luster bomb! Heartbreaker though with that gash. The D is 1,850 in a 67, sooo close :)

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@Coin_nut1977 said:
    Found CRH today

Cool!

• Options
    edited February 6, 2021 7:09PM

FINALLY! #16 and #17

Found TWO W's in one roll. Finally. Lol
    Rockefeller
    1st one

2nd one

3 coins more to check to finish that roll. Lol
    FINALLY

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file