Comments

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

What Whaattt!

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    What Whaattt!

Am I seeing an accidentally inserted roll of quarters?

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@Kurisu said:

@CoinscratchFever said:
    What Whaattt!

Am I seeing an accidentally inserted roll of quarters?

Nah, does look like it though. Halfway through these last night and a bust so far. It's a numbers game for sure.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.. that is a surprise... have not seen a Buffalo nickel in circulation for a long time....Looks dateless, but still a fun discovery. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    For breakfast this morning, I'd thought I try to find a bank box of Quarters. Hopefully, to find an uncirculated box? Well, the box they gave me was circulated. So, for time sake (had to leave for work) I decided to FLASH right through them. Only searching for the "W's" and any Silver quarters. Well, it only took me an hour to go through 50 rolls. The fastest I ever gone through any bank box. Without a doubt, I'm sure I passed up some varieties. Whether they were major or minor. Oh well, next time a whole lot slower. However, Yes I did come across two interesting ones. Check 'em out. :)

It is a W, anyway. Kinda rough though.

Congratulations on the American Memorial W!

• Options

Well, at least you found a W quarter...The Charter Oak quarters are interesting... people should read the legend of the Charter Oak... interesting part of history. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited January 14, 2021 11:53AM

My original earlier post...

Ok...searched it!
    Not the spectacular results we always hope for, but for just under $10 no complaints!!!

You all know that moment...the side you're seeing when you pick it up is freaking spectacular...you slowly turn it over...doh! A lot of almosts in this roll but it was fun!!!
    Best of show to me was one FS (with a tiny ding) and three that weren't...

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

My earlier post...

Ok...searched it!
    Not the spectacular results we always hope for, but for just under $10 no complaints!!!

You all know that moment...the side you're seeing when you pick it up is freaking spectacular...you slowly turn it over...doh! A lot of almosts in this roll but it was fun!!!
    Best of show to me was one FS (with a tiny ding) and three that weren't...

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@Kurisu - Same year, same mint, different denomination, and a different DOH! Last night when these beauties rolled out :)
    Several are mark free and the strike looks solid. However, they're not beaming with luster so, not sure where that leads, 66 or 67+???

• Options

Here is a 67+ from coin facts and it has the same orange stripe going across as some of these, Could they be from the same bank rolls - DOH :o

• Options
    edited January 14, 2021 2:42PM

Fifth one from the left and down four has an Amazeball strike. (pic of all 50).

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @Kurisu - Same year, same mint, different denomination, and a different DOH! Last night when these beauties rolled out :)
    Several are mark free and the strike looks solid. However, they're not beaming with luster so, not sure where that leads, 66 or 67+???

For some reason 1974 cents from both Philadelphia and Denver are commonly gorgeous and virtually mark-free (this applies more to the large date coins. The small date coins are scarcer in gem plus grades.)
    So I think the TPGs realize this and consequently a coin has to be a higher grade up to get the grade it really is.
    So...you need a 68 to get a 67.

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:

One of my favorite things with rolls like that...comparing those best cherry picked ones and whittling it down to the very very best. I think you've got some beautiful ones there! Congrats!

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@mannie gray I didn't even realize there is a small and large for the '74 I had no idea, thanks. The mint must have made a major change because the '73's all look pregnant. They really look bad! Even when they're good. Hmmm.
    You got anymore good news? :D
    I'm taking your grade grumpy to the next level...Now I Grade ANGRY! :D

• Options

@Kurisu said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

One of my favorite things with rolls like that...comparing those best cherry picked ones and whittling it down to the very very best. I think you've got some beautiful ones there! Congrats!

It's definitely more fun that way! I only bought 8 rolls and after I opened the '74's I kinda freaked and went back and bought 50 more (various years) from the same seller. Every squirrel every nut right.

• Options

These will keep me busy for a little while :)

Toney Enders.

First roll looking good already.

• Options
    edited January 18, 2021 4:15PM

@CoinscratchFever said:

Those rolls from the 70's are so instantly recognizable! Take your time, enjoy!!! I'm seeing some really pretty ones :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@Kurisu said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

Those rolls from the 70's are so instantly recognizable! Take your time, enjoy!!! I'm seeing some really pretty ones :smiley:

I’m like a kid in a candy store right now. Not knocking it, but after thousands of customer rolls this feels like free money.

• Options
    Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

2020 P Penny Spikehead

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

The other day, I decided to try a suburban bank branch, I rarely go to. Well, to my surprise when I asked if he had any NEW rolls of quarters. He said, "all we have are these?" They were the 2019 Memorials. Wow, great right? So I asked for 15 rolls. So when I got in the parking lot, I started to search for those elusive "W's". 15 rolls, 600 quarters. Guess what? NONE to be found. Nada, zero, zilch. Lol. Oh well, can't be upset. Esp. how lucky I've been. Better luck next time, right? At least my visit was exciting for the most part. :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@joeykoins said:
    The other day, I decided to try a suburban bank branch, I rarely go to. Well, to my surprise when I asked if he had any NEW rolls of quarters. He said, "all we have are these?" They were the 2019 Memorials. Wow, great right? So I asked for 15 rolls. So when I got in the parking lot, I started to search for those elusive "W's". 15 rolls, 600 quarters. Guess what? NONE to be found. Nada, zero, zilch. Lol. Oh well, can't be upset. Esp. how lucky I've been. Better luck next time, right? At least my visit was exciting for the most part. :)

Next time ask her if she’s got any W quarters :D

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:

@joeykoins said:

Next time ask her if she’s got any W quarters :D

I went to my large Chase branch today and asked if they had any of the new small dollars (Hubble Telescope). Nope, and they don't know when they're coming...the branch is just a few miles from the Denver mint :-) Not that that's going to matter, maybe.

They had everything up to quarters. She had many dozens of quarter rolls, I got 15... I see 2 maybe 3 brand new 2020 rolls, that excites me. :smiley: She knows when they tend to be re-wraps from the local large branches and let me know that they likely haven't gotten ANY direct re-wraps since early last year!

Coins are Neato!

• Options

Good Luck dude. ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Got into some environmental/toney damaged goods today. Some have insane looking colors so the first person I thought of @emeraldATV send me your shipping address your gonna love these dude!
    Yea you! Send me your address I'm gonna ship'em free B)

• Options

Here we GO! 21 assorted rolls

• Options

@joeykoins Good luck! I picked up a few boxes today. The first bank was all 2020 :( the second had the damaged toneys, and the third had two boxes of customer wrapped goodies. Off to the races :)

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Forgot to add I also found a 1917 wheat penny in a roll; no other notable pennies aside from some other common wheats and a low MS 1972 cent that might upgrade in the album.

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @joeykoins Good luck! I picked up a few boxes today. The first bank was all 2020 :( the second had the damaged toneys, and the third had two boxes of customer wrapped goodies. Off to the races :)

GO-GO-GO. "GO"OD LUCK. ;)
    Some of those toned Lincolns you found, are winners.

• Options
    edited January 22, 2021 6:18PM

@Mdcoincollector2003 said:
    Forgot to add I also found a 1917 wheat penny in a roll; no other notable pennies aside from some other common wheats and a low MS 1972 cent that might upgrade in the album.

Don't forget to check for both dd's on the '17 and the '72. Nice Jefferson finds as well. ;)

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Don't forget to check for both dd's on the '17 and the '72. Nice Jefferson finds as well. ;)

I always check the 1972. Didn’t know about the 1917, I’ll familiarize myself with that variety.

• Options

No luck on the 1917, oh well still happy not everyday you find a 104 year old penny in a roll.

• Options

No luck on the 1917, oh well still happy not everyday you find a 104 year old penny in a roll.

Nice score on the Jeffs that does not happen very often.

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

GO-GO-GO. "GO"OD LUCK. ;)
    Some of those toned Lincolns you found, are winners.

Maybe I'll pull a couple back...I figured they would be labeled as environmental damage cause there not naturally toned but who knows.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

WAIT,
    Joey....Such a kind gesture, Thank You.
    :)
    :s
    Don't you dare...I'm 2 years behind on documenting and storage.
    All from pocket change and my First 3 boxes.
    Its turning into a big menagerie.
    Cool find by the way.

• Options

Went through some nickels and found 3 good finds:
    1938 Philadelphia (first year)
    1945 P war nickel
    1959 Black beauty (I’m pretty sure)

The pictures don’t do the 1959 justice, it still has mint luster even though it’s black.

Cool finds....the 38 is really tough to find...as is the 59 improper alloy.
    Nice work!

• Options

Today's find:
    First I think I have *ever" found in change (and I go back a looooong time doing this)

• Options

@mannie gray said:
    Today's find:
    First I think I have *ever" found in change

AWESOME. Great feeling, huh? Free History coin.
    ;)

• Options

@mannie gray... You said "...found in change."... Or was it in a roll? Either way, that is an amazing find. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @mannie gray... You said "...found in change."... Or was it in a roll? Either way, that is an amazing find. Cheers, RickO

Actually was received as change.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was given a stunner as change last night.
    PS , I'm sure the color in the water is nothing to worry about.
    EPA approved.
    Lol

• Options
    edited January 25, 2021 10:08AM

Found 5 interesting ones.

1916s Wheat. Bad Shape

1970 and 1970d Dimes / Reverse of the '68 Dime

2 More. One 1988 Cent No FG/1969d Cent No FG. All these in High Grades pay Big Money

Pics later

• Options

@joeykoins. If you look at the price guide it shows the No FG 69 has been debunked. I have at least one and I guess they are actually weak strikes. Not sure though.

• Options
    edited January 25, 2021 11:38AM

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @joeykoins. If you look at the price guide it shows the No FG 69 has been debunked. I have at least one and I guess they are actually weak strikes. Not sure though.

Maybe the 69p, I have the 69d.

:*

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

Maybe the 69p, I have the 69d.

:*

Oh Carp! I can't even find where I found that (debunked info) anymore. I have at least one and maybe several more...If I haven't given them back to the wild. I came across one the other day with some toning as well and a nice strike.
    That's one of the really cool things about this hobby though, being able to switch gears. Another hunt is on!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

found this in my son's coin jar while house sitting today
    it is a 1999 New Jersey quarter with "no" mint mark
    lot of bag marks but it is possible that it could be some sort of strike thru as the "in God we trust" is weak

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:
    it is a 1999 New Jersey quarter with "no" mint mark
    lot of bag marks but it is possible that it could be some sort of strike thru as the "in God we trust" is weak

Is he cool with that? :D I won't say nothing.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:

@WAYNEAS said:

Is he cool with that? :D I won't say nothing.

mums the word

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file