Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    You really need to figure it out because if it has full steps even at MS 62 it’s worth $450 and if not then $3.
    Time to roll the bones Joey boy :D

I can't tell from the photo whether it's MS or not...give us a nice clear cellphone shot :smiley: Not that you don't know what MS looks like though lol!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:

@joeykoins said:
    Thanks! How's This

@CoinscratchFever said:
    If there’s one thing I have learned, it’s how to tidy up a box for shipping. Just look at that! It’s almost perfect a 69 fir sure. :D

My box came back :)

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2021 9:00PM

Recent Updated Pics
    1961 PF or Business Strike?

FS, 5 Steps or Not? Thanks

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Another interesting one.
    1964d/d/d?

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Joey ,
    What would be your next step after seeing the image.
    Push it aside ?
    Just make a note ?
    How would you handle this, after all you did see it ?

• Options

@joeykoins Latest pics looks like a proof to me, mirrored surfaces. Had it been a business strike I think it had a real good chance of FS. I'm not sure if the '64 rpm is the one PCGS recognizes or not. But it definitely is one.

• Options

Here's another nice find in my recent Bank Box of Nickels. Approaching the end of the box. Here's the latest find.

Next Adventure lol

• Options
    edited March 30, 2021 2:08PM

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @joeykoins Latest pics looks like a proof to me, mirrored surfaces. Had it been a business strike I think it had a real good chance of FS. I'm not sure if the '64 rpm is the one PCGS recognizes or not. But it definitely is one.

I think the final analysis is in. Took the coin to my dealer friend. He right away said, "Proof". Thanks guys.

• Options

I could have told you that :D Better to be safe on that one.

• Options

So another nice find in the Nickel box. A Proof nickel. ;)

• Options
    edited March 30, 2021 8:52PM

Just found. In a new Bank Box of circulated Quarters. After the 5th roll.

• Options

Found in my last few rolls of the Nickels.
    Is it a Toner, environmental damage, buried, acid treated or how about a alloy error? Thanks guys.

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Found in my last few rolls of the Nickels.
    Is it a Toner, environmental damage, buried, acid treated or how about a alloy error? Thanks guys.

Yes.
    :wink:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@joeykoins That one has seen a few coke machines.

• Options

Watching YouTube last night, once again learned something new. In the Quarters, I wasn't aware of the DDO on the 1919p and 2020p mottos being doubled? Wow. Very obvious too! Man, all those 19 and 20's I passed over and did not know until NOW. Variety vista confirms it. Thank you, YouTube. ;)

• Options

@joeykoins You meant 2019 right? Which tuber you watching? When I do it's usually Blue Ridge or Couch or of course our very on @kuriso at Coins are Neato.

• Options
    edited March 31, 2021 3:54PM

2019 and 2020, I believe. Memorial and 2020 Virgin Islands. I'm pretty sure? The Tuber I learned it from was diggin dan or diggin Eddie? Very cool dd. As obvious as the Kennedy ddo's. Yeah, I watch Blueridge and couch. Don't forget Rob Finds Treasure. Awesome Cherry Pickers. Check Variety vista out on these. You'll see for yourself. ;)
    Boy, to think all the ones I let loose in the wild without knowing. :#

• Options

You ever watch that guy, half dolla make you holla? Or something like that, he cracks me up.

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Diggin Dave is who you watched. Watched the others as well. Couch does not waste time, I like that.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glancing through a few dimes in my pocket change.
    I found this coin, a U.S. 2021 P dime.
    Comes with die cracks , doubling or more and other features.
    Take a look.

• Options

Quarter Bank Box, done. Just the "W", and a few extra interesting ones for my collection. No Silver.

On to My Nickel Bank Box :)

• Options
    edited April 1, 2021 1:47PM

Nickel Box Halt Again

Just Picked up today.
    Searching for those three newly discovered ddo's

Found in first roll

• Options

You’re off to a good start already Joey.
    Here is today’s bank heist :D along with my new camera I’m gonna finish setting up once I get to a stopping point. Like never!

• Options
    edited April 1, 2021 7:06PM

@CoinscratchFever said:
    You’re off to a good start already Joey.
    Here is today’s bank heist :D along with my new camera I’m gonna finish setting up once I get to a stopping point. Like never!

Very cool. Good Luck.

Just found my

43rd W

2019 Memorial
    Pics posted later

• Options
    edited April 2, 2021 8:30AM

Another beauty. Might send in?
    Which one do you guys like better?
    Red Dot pic (bottom left corner)

Yellow Dot

Blue Dot

• Options

MS66RD - OBW

MS66RD - OBW

Environmental Damage So much for the worn die theory.

MS68RD - OBW

MS68RD - OBW

MS63RB - CWR - Should have been D/D

MS63RB - Wide AM - CWR - Winner! for the linc's

MS68RD - CWR

MS67RD - CWR

• Options
    edited April 2, 2021 8:35AM

Beautiful dude! Love dem high graders. Esp. That winner in the 1988d Wide am. Man, I'm envious. That has got to be a high valued coin? Too bad on the environment damaged one. I love that tone. <3B)
    Just checked the PCGS price Guide on your 88d. Nice dude. $275 Congratulations. ;)

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Another beauty. Might send in?
    Which one do you guys like better?
    Red Dot pic (bottom left corner)

Middle. Yellow dot.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

Thanks! I think the rim damage held the 86’s back from a plus. Enlarge the 87 and look at the RPM, I think PCGS made a mistake as they did not give it the attribution. I will need to double check and send back if needed.

• Options

I think you're pretty darn good at this! Loving the 68s!

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@Kurisu said:

I think you're pretty darn good at this! Loving the 68s!

Thank you sir! I believe I am getting a little better after enough trial and error. I feel like I need to level up to a 68+ or 69 but for now if I can keep striking 68 I’ll be pretty happy.

• Options

Picked up another box of halves today. Wheel of death hard at work on the enders on this box, at least half are damaged.
    No silver enders, however 1 roll has 2018 NIFC at each end, 3 have 2018 on one end, 6 others have what appears to be NIFC reverses. Cheers.

• Options
    edited April 2, 2021 2:38PM

@Kurisu said:
    Middle. Yellow dot.

Yeah, me too. I like how and where the golden color seems to appear as the sun behind the steps where she is looking. Lol

All that is is the sun's reflection while I snapped the shot in my car. NO Tone, RickO. :D

• Options
    edited April 2, 2021 3:01PM

My First W in the Weir Farm Series
    New Bank Box, 1st roll searched.

• Options

The bundle on the right looks fun...the one on the left, maybe not lol!
    Things you don't notice until you get back in your car :neutral:

Hoping it was just someone looking for silver or maybe just someone who's very very frugal lol!
    What a strange awkward way to open rolls and then use them again too!

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited April 2, 2021 3:18PM

I'm gonna guess that THIS ONE will be a "W". ;)

The 2019 W Memorial

Don't forget to search for the 2018p, 2019p and 2020p DDO's.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today, found a 2019-W San Antonio Missions America The Beautiful Quarter going through circulated rolls

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2021 5:23PM

@joeykoins said:
    My First W in the Weir Farm Series
    New Bank Box, 1st roll searched.

New bank box as in all new coins roll? If so, be prepared for Joey gonna be crazy happy by the end of his box!🤣😂

• Options
    edited April 2, 2021 7:43PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    New bank box as in all new coins

Yeah but the only thing is 90% of the "new" are the 2021's. No "W's". The W I did catch was a pleasant bonus. Hopefully, more of the older new? "Older New"? Sounds like a,Yogi Berra, quote. :D

• Options

Beautiful

Check out this coin I found in the wild!

• Options

Another!

• Options
    edited April 2, 2021 11:07PM

Ring Of DEATH!

I was just complaining about not finding anymore W's from the Rockefellers. What a shame. :'(

Oh well, still a W. :'(

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... Tough luck... that roller mark is deep....Too bad, otherwise a nice W. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited April 3, 2021 12:40PM

Money, money, money. Money! By The O'Jays.

Long Weekend boys and girls.

• Options

Well that re-taped bundle of 10 rolls above turned out to be a really fun lesson of 'don't judge a book by it's cover'!

I'm thinking it was a lazy person maybe just looking for silver or possibly it really was someone who's just really is super frugal with the paper and was turning in their change jar coins...or maybe just a newbie searching for W's...who knows!?

There were a whole lot of very nice MS from a bunch of different years...this added quite a few to my fairly substantial pile of really sweet MS quarter/dime/nickel/penny rolls! I think I feel a giveaway coming sometime soon! :blush:

Some of these were really beautiful! Took a lot of photos, here's a few...

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever
    87-D is definitely an RPM, looks like #3, FS-501.
    Can't tell for sure, but I'm at 95% sure.

• Options

@mannie gray said:
    @CoinscratchFever
    87-D is definitely an RPM, looks like #3, FS-501.
    Can't tell for sure, but I'm at 95% sure.

Yes, it looks pretty conclusive to me as well. Maybe there is a variant that is slightly different. Now that I have the TV's I'll post a question thread later to get the overall consensus before I go to the trouble of resending.

• Options

Not the best looker but I like it!

CRHunted

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeyCoins .... Is that the special 'no steps' variety??? :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Ring Of DEATH!

I was just complaining about not finding anymore W's from the Rockefellers. What a shame. :'(

Oh well, still a W. :'(

ROD is really starting to get my goat. Had to reject a lot of otherwise nice Halves. On the other hand I am spending them every day, putting them into circulation. Cheers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file