Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

I found a 2020 Kennedy half in this box. Finding a lot of 2018s 3 with mirror like fields blemish FREE! Found 8 in one roll with 11 more rolls to go, one with 2018 double enders. Didn't know that the mintage was that high for the Ds and Ps. More info helps. Looks like an area dump from the mint. Cheers.

• Options

@rec78 said:
    The mintages of 2018-D kennedy' s is the highest of the so-called NIFC's with a mintage of 6.1 million and the 2018-P's 4.8 million per wikipedia. The 2018 Kennedy half mintages seem to be too high to be called NIFC.

Didn't someone double order this year? Let the good times roll.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2021 12:28AM

Update

Blue= 1 find. No W

Green Next... Last bank bunch

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2021 1:23AM

Finally

Green= Nothing
    All banks turned out to be Skunks!
    Except for the one Die chip.

Thanks guys. :D
    Back to my Nickel box.

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2021 1:56PM

Persistence

20 Rolls

From my favorite bank

Forgot to Mention

Also, from that same Chase bank I found those two W's and silver 1963d Quarter. Picked up these three rolls.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2021 8:48PM

Just a quick and rough estimate.

I currently have 19 boxes/bags searched and ready to go back and roughly 20 more too search. Doesn’t include the 11 I took in Friday.
    I’m getting better at deciphering previously searched/lackluster rolls and abandoning the box. So those are beginning to stack up as I keep on the hunt for more good ones. Time to clean house. And get some more, that part never seems to cease. B)

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    Just a quick and rough estimate.

I have 19 boxes/bags searched and ready to go back and roughly 20 more too search. Doesn’t include the 11 I took in Friday.
    I’m getting better at deciphering previously searched/lackluster rolls and abandoning the box. So those are beginning to stack up as I keep on the hunt for more good ones. Time to clean house. And get some more, that part never seems to cease. B)

Lol!!! That's month, maybe years worth at my current pace...you GO!!!! :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

Probably two months :-)

• Options

Wow! I thought I go through a whopping amount of coins. Lol You go dude.
    Good Luck ;)

• Options

Two more packs in the mail tonight. And I don’t recall 64’s coming in white and red wrappers and especially looking that new and loose. Might have to add that seller to my Sham list :D
    We’ll see!

• Options
    edited April 11, 2021 11:51AM

Out of the 20 Rolls of Quarters

NIFC

Mintage: 1,679,240

S Mint 2012 El Yunque

8 rolls left

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever... Based on your pictures, I am beginning to understand the coin shortage. :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @CoinscratchFever... Based on your pictures, I am beginning to understand the coin shortage. :D;) Cheers, RickO

I'm slowly filtering them back into circulation. The other day parked at a red light a homeless guy came up, I didn't have any spare cash or change. But I did have a brick of fed rolls sitting their. The look on his face was priceless, like he hit the lottery when I handed it to him.

If a homeless guy finds a '43 bronze penny and I miss that news cycle. Did it really happen?

• Options

I thought I was bad with coffee cans, large plastic containers from Costco that had nuts in them, old penny/half dollar card board boxes. I have one bank that refused to order halves for me so I go there to dump all my halves that I don't spend. They are still sitting at that branch. Cheers

• Options
    edited April 11, 2021 11:23PM

Back with the Nickel box

3 finds
    1964d/d?

SILVER

1943s

First 2021d

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like some kind of struck thru something.

• Options

@USSID17 said:
    Looks like some kind of struck thru something.

Wow, nice catch, dude.

• Options

New Nickel Bank Box

Looking for two main coin types. Silver and possibly the 1939p ddr?

• Options
    edited April 13, 2021 11:38PM

1997p Doubled Ear?

Whatcha guys think?

Ken Potter's pics

My other one

Yeah, the more I look the more I have to admit, NO DD. Thanks

• Options
    edited April 13, 2021 11:42PM

Opened the Nickel Box, and LOOK!

Do you see what I see?

• Options
    edited April 14, 2021 9:28AM

Besides the early ender. In the second roll!

That's 2

Saving that ender for last

• Options
    edited April 14, 2021 3:03PM

Just picked up 15 Rolls of 2020 Salt River Quarters. All Salt Rivers. W-w-w-w-w's?
    I hope. ;)

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Just picked up 15 Rolls of 2020 Salt River Quarters. All Salt Rivers. W-w-w-w-w's?
    I hope. ;)

• Options

Wish me some NIFC luck everyone!!! Now I say NIFC in real life too thanks to @joeykoins :smiley:
    These nickels look spectacular, wish me some MS68 luck there too :wink::smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

Good luck @Kurisu @joeykoins
    They both have strong possibilities :)

• Options

@Kurisu said:
    Wish me some NIFC luck everyone!!!

I should send you all the NIFC coins I find. I throw them all back.

• Options

@Kurisu said:

These nickels look spectacular, wish me some MS68 luck

Good Luck. Time to get excited. ;)

• Options
    edited April 14, 2021 3:14PM

@joeykoins said:

...All Salt Rivers.

Oops! I was wrong.
    2021d Crossing the Delaware

My First One

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2021 3:16PM

@USSID17 said:

@joeykoins said:
    I hope. ;)

Good luck Joey! Last year I went through 8 Salt River new coin boxes and got zero W

• Options
    edited April 14, 2021 4:04PM

Remember those "starbursts", on the Golden Dollars?
    Well, I found many on the 2020 Salt River Bay Quarters. Check it out.

Sorry for Bad Pics

• Options

It looks great Joey!

• Options
    edited April 14, 2021 4:07PM

Here is another one

All these are probably "Strike-Thru's", right?

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Here is another one

Tough to tell...I often find large runs of many brand new quarters and dimes with slight lamination defects (I guess is what you could call them) like that on them in various patterns.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

Much better Joey! Yes, I believe it's struck thru grease or some other kind of liquid. The area in question seems to splatter outward, to the rim of the coins. I have a couple of those somewhere. I'll have to look for them.

• Options

Lol I haven't even started on those halves and nickels yet and I had to back out to run an errand... couldn't resist a last second stop at Chase. I see many shiny quarters on the ends and then these customer rolls of small dollars...

I got a teller I know and she said they've been rolling them and separating the dollars for a couple hours lol..."Separating???", I said innocently :smiley:

She showed me a few they hadn't rolled yet that were stuck together, looks like maybe someone spilled soda on them lol and the tellers were using paperclips to get them separated lol/cringe :neutral:
    Looked like maybe they had 300 to 400 total...I took 4 completed rolls they made just out of curiosity :blush:

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited April 14, 2021 4:24PM

Found as many as 15? :*

• Options

Here you go Joey. Didn't think I would find them so fast. Not quarters, halves.

• Options

On the end of a roll.

Probably, a whole lot more? :*

• Options

@USSID17 said:

What is the cause of these strikes and what do you call them. After 5 boxes I have seen more than a few like these.
    Thanks. Cheers.

• Options

@In4apenny said:

@USSID17 said:

What is the cause of these strikes and what do you call them. After 5 boxes I have seen more than a few like these.
    Thanks. Cheers.

Those look like worn dies + grease to me.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

What Kurisu said is my best guess as well.

• Options
    edited April 14, 2021 10:41PM

Well. After my 15 quarter roll search. NO W's. Just some grease filled 2020d Salt River Bay Quarters and 65 2021d Crossing the Delaware Quarters. In which, I'll be sifting through later for some 67 or 68's. Hopefully, anyways? Back to looking for some more silver nickels in my nickel box. :)

• Options

Planet of The Apes Jefferson

• Options

Covid Mask?

• Options

Well, found $500.00 I forgot about in one of my drawers. Looks like another box of Halves will be on it's way here. Surprised how excited some of the people get when I pay in halves. Some think they are dollar coins, more than once had to point out they are halves. Happy hunting, Cheers.

• Options

Hello Everyone,

Should I continue collecting rolls ... do you think this was a good deal?

I'm new here but not new to collecting... 66 years of it. Now, I'm not a roll enthusiast .. or should I say have not been until recently. If you agree let me know. Here's what I found (just an example or two.. won't bore you) in a penny roll for $30 on Ebay... any comments? Oh, if they are in holders... it is just that I respect the coins I have and will always treat them with respect .. They are our heritage.

• Options

Please excuse my post in the Comments area on the Indian cents found in a roll... I'm just new and have to get use to the site here. Thanks... Jeff

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2021 1:05AM

@joeykoins said:

Most likely die surface damage. Note it does not appear on the coin's raised surfaces such as George's face, but does appear on the fields which are the outermost surfaces of the actual die. Would also explain multiple similar finds before damage was caught and die was swapped out.

If it does appear on raised surfaces as well, likely struck through grease where grease on die gets smashed and squirts outward toward coin perimeter giving the cartwheel affect.

• Options

Persistence

Circulated W's. Wishful thinking. Lol

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Persistence

Circulated W's. Wishful thinking. Lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file