Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 7, 2020 12:08PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Gold:
Mintage is 1,945 coins with the privy mark.
Price: $2600

Mintage Limit: 1945
Product Limit: 1945
Household Order Limit: 1

https://catalog.usmint.gov/end-of-world-war-ii-75th-anniversary-american-eagle-gold-proof-coin-20XE.html?cgid=2020-product-schedule

Silver:
Mintage is 75,000 coins with the privy mark.
Price: $83 (Previously listed at $69.50)

Mintage Limit: 75,000
Product Limit: 75,000
Household Order Limit: 1

https://catalog.usmint.gov/end-of-world-war-ii-75th-anniversary-american-eagle-silver-proof-coin-20XF.html?cgid=2020-product-schedule

Young Numismatist/collector
75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
instagram.com/klnumismatics

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will try for that one....Assembling a privy mark set for myself....Cheers, RickO

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope they release the silver version one day and the gold version the next day.
    Getting both at the same time will be tough.

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too rich for my blood. I’ll probably get the premium silver proof set in fall and that’ll suffice for all my yearly mint needs.

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m IN! Wow I got one last year for $65.00 and sold it for over $3000.00 ! Yes I got to at least try wonder if I could use that system that lets you buy more than one? B)
    Wonder if someone Important will sign them with serial numbers like last time? :p

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    I’m IN! Wow I got one last year for $65.00 and sold it for over $3000.00 ! Yes I got to at least try wonder if I could use that system that lets you buy more than one? B)
    Wonder if someone Important will sign them with serial numbers like last time? :p

I don’t think there are serial numbers on this one. Doesn’t say at least.

• Tiggs2012Tiggs2012 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

Thats crazy low mintage on the age v75 at just 1945, mint will charge probably like 2500 for it. Will try to grab one, hopefully not as many flippers around at the 2500+ price point

https://catalog.usmint.gov/end-of-world-war-ii-75th-anniversary-american-eagle-gold-proof-coin-20XE.html?cgid=2020-product-schedule

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tiggs2012 said:
    Thats crazy low mintage on the age v75 at just 1945, mint will charge probably like 2500 for it. Will try to grab one, hopefully not as many flippers around at the 2500+ price point

Then you don't remember the palladium eagles

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in.

Many happy BST transactions
  • TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2020 4:55PM

Here we go again. It will be rank as #4 on the ASE rarity chart.
    PR70 2008-W Silver Eagles with the Reverse of 2007 is around $700-$800 at 47000 mintage.
    PR70 2019-W $1 Silver Eagle Enhanced Rev PR Pride of Two Nations $175 at 110,000 mintage

So $400 for a PR70 is my estimate flipper price .

But lets not forget about this year's pride of two nations set. My bet is a 2020 ase pair with libertard or britannia.

@jmlanzaf said:

Or you don't realize thats irrelevant and doesn't apply since different series, compare like to like. Who cares about a Robinson gold piece or low mintage/ugly first spouse. Name an age with a lower mintage.

They didn't make many 1913 liberty nickels either.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just gonna spend that $69.50 on three plain old silver eagles.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

edited May 16, 2020 12:25AM

@Tiggs2012 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Or you don't realize thats irrelevant and doesn't apply since different series, compare like to like. Who cares about a Robinson gold piece or low mintage/ugly first spouse. Name an age with a lower mintage.

They didn't make many 1913 liberty nickels either.

The point was that the $2000 price tag on a 15,000 mintage coin didn't scare everyone away. Far from irrelevant, it's doubly relevant since this is a lower mintage in a more highly collected series. It is unlikely that a $2500 price tag is going to scare away the competition.

Or are you (unpleasantly) suggesting that the AGE's are soooo unpopular - like the spouse coins - that it will be easy to scare away all the competition with a $2500 price tag?

And just to get the ball rolling and make sure you have the most competition possible, I'll offer $200 over Mint issue price for these making them highly flippable.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will try for the gold version merely as a flip opportunity.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks as if the fever is already beginning... ;) The pre-sales hype will determine the sellout (under a minute) and the flipping frenzy....Fasten your seatbelts....Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll try for one.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll attempt to get one...not holding my breath being able to do so.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

o> @jmlanzaf said:

The point was that the $2000 price tag on a 15,000 mintage coin didn't scare everyone away. Far from irrelevant, it's doubly relevant since this is a lower mintage in a more highly collected series. It is unlikely that a $2500 price tag is going to scare away the competition.

Or you missed the point that demand is the ultimate arbitrator as it references supply. Guess you weren't around for 1995-w ASE's or 2008-w buffalo sets. Price elasticity matters esp. during a recession. Weren't lots of people buying buffalo 4 coin sets(proof and unc) and then, oh look, burnished gold eagle sets to boot.

Unlike the ASE, no price was listed for the AGE. Even its relation to POG at time of release is an unknown factor, that added extra fun for the buffalo's. Your mistake is thinking I wasn't around for all of the palladium releases when I was one of 30,125- to have filled out a mail order form for a 1995-w ase years before. My join date precedes yours by many years.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

We'd be just under $2400 for the gold eagle proof if today's prices hold. Could easily go over $2500 too. Isn't the current lowest 1 oz AGE mintage around 20k? Any guesses on the aftermarket for these?

• GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

I'll be in for one, wish I had the date

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

In for as many as possible...

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao Sorry, I just posted about this, didn't see you already did. I just wanted to make sure everyone saw it coming! Yes, the gold version will be sold out instantly, the silver will take at least 3 minutes longer to sell out. Whoooooosh

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh; the flippable gems max out around 30k mintage.

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got 13 BODS all set up ready to buy!!!!! B)

edited May 17, 2020 11:43PM

misunderstanding

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    A lucky few will get in and be able to buy one and a lot of people will be locked out.
    The dealers are going to go ape shit on this one.

Can't even imagine the pre-sale dealer buy offers.

Lottery win for the lucky few who get them. Will be far more than 1945 ticked off Mint customers!!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    I'm just gonna spend that $69.50 on three plain old silver eagles.

Give me 3 Jets Pizzas and I'll be really happy. One a week and what Coin could be better than that?

• CommencentsCommencents Posts: 349 ✭✭✭

I see $200+ presales soon

@Commencents said:

Possibly more when the eBay prices start pumping up after they get sold out.

@Tiggs2012 said:
    o> @jmlanzaf said:

Or you missed the point that demand is the ultimate arbitrator as it references supply. Guess you weren't around for 1995-w ASE's or 2008-w buffalo sets. Price elasticity matters esp. during a recession. Weren't lots of people buying buffalo 4 coin sets(proof and unc) and then, oh look, burnished gold eagle sets to boot.

Unlike the ASE, no price was listed for the AGE. Even its relation to POG at time of release is an unknown factor, that added extra fun for the buffalo's. Your mistake is thinking I wasn't around for all of the palladium releases when I was one of 30,125- to have filled out a mail order form for a 1995-w ase years before. My join date precedes yours by many years.

Do you read your own posts? Your original post said, and I QUOTE: "...hopefully not as many flippers around at the 2500+ price point"

YOUR ORIGINAL STATEMENT referenced the price point only as though (my inference) that would scare away the flippers. You made NO mention of demand. You threw that in later.

I responded, quite reasonably and logically: you must have forgotten the Palladium Eagles. That was a case where there was a near $2000 price point on a 15,000 mintage and all the flippers were in.

I'm not sure why you are being so testy about this.

And again, you keep throwing demand into this (after the fact). The demand argument works against you. Flippers stay away from LOW DEMAND. So, again, unless you think this coin has low demand - if so, please elaborate - there is nothing in either the price point or the demand to keep flippers away from this. Which is the only thing I said.

edited May 17, 2020 10:00AM

@Commencents said:

Gotta be more than that. I already offered to buy at $200 over. Or are you talking about the silver?

The silver is not going to be a big winner. Look at all the silver eagles with 100,000 mintages: they are $100 or less. You might see a spike above that initially, but do not put the silver in the same boat as the 1995 or 2019

@VanHalen said:
    We'd be just under $2400 for the gold eagle proof if today's prices hold. Could easily go over $2500 too. Isn't the current lowest 1 oz AGE mintage around 20k? Any guesses on the aftermarket for these?

It would all be highly speculative. There's really nothing to compare it to.

There are very few people who do 1 oz gold eagles by date. There are exactly ZERO collectors of 1 oz gold eagles by date and privy mark.

Privy mark variations are a fairly new...er...innovation (?) for the U.S. Mint. Canada has been doing them forever as have several other Commonwealth nations. They generally don't seem to create much price premium in those markets.

There's a $2500+ price point.

Best guess is somewhere between 98% of melt and $5000. LOL

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

in gold 1oz and silver eagles

Gold AGE will price 2500+

@MilesWaits said:
    A lucky few will get in and be able to buy one and a lot of people will be locked out.
    The dealers are going to go ape shit on this one.

Easily.. not going to be a sleeper like palladium ...almost 3x profit on those sold

• 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

1945 is a redic low mintage for an american eagle, almost 15% lower than the '08-w burnished plat $50 which itself is less than 1/2 the mintage of any gold eagle out there. I've heard some claims that the '99-w $10 unfinished PR dies AGE is lower than any $50 burnished AGE but I believe that to be very unlikely. The mintage alone will carry this one and the hype will sustain for several weeks but unlike other flips it shouldnt slide as severely as few will want to give up their seat at the table.

edited May 17, 2020 11:45PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@Gluggo said:
    I got 13 BODS all set up ready to buy!!!!! B)

What are BODS?

Poor man's BOTS. You have to have actually bodies... ;)

Thanks! That should have been obvious to me. For some reason I thought he meant bots. Does anyone know how to process automatic orders using a command prompt to automate the process rather than going through the website interface manually?

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that an outline of Fatboy or Littleboy? I wonder which one the Mint attempted to illustrate the first bomb dropped or the second? Fascinating the Japanese didn't surrender after Little Boy, Truman had no other option, other than to drop another, named Fatboy. I say make 75 siver examples and 75 gold examples all done by a lottery selection process.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

@morgansforever said:
    Is that an outline of Fatboy or Littleboy? I wonder which one the Mint attempted to illustrate the first bomb dropped or the second? Fascinating the Japanese didn't surrender after Little Boy, Truman had no other option, other than to drop another, named Fatboy. I say make 75 siver examples and 75 gold examples all done by a lottery selection process.

what the...?

The price of the privy silver eagle is 5 dollars more than a regular proof silver eagle. Both haven’t been released yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file