Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    Is that an outline of Fatboy or Littleboy? I wonder which one the Mint attempted to illustrate the first bomb dropped or the second? Fascinating the Japanese didn't surrender after Little Boy, Truman had no other option, other than to drop another, named Fatboy. I say make 75 siver examples and 75 gold examples all done by a lottery selection process.

I would hope that any resemblance of the shape of the Rainbow Pool at the World War II Memorial, to that of the atom bombs used, is merely coincidental.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rip_f said:

@morgansforever said:
    Is that an outline of Fatboy or Littleboy? I wonder which one the Mint attempted to illustrate the first bomb dropped or the second? Fascinating the Japanese didn't surrender after Little Boy, Truman had no other option, other than to drop another, named Fatboy. I say make 75 siver examples and 75 gold examples all done by a lottery selection process.

I would hope that any resemblance of the shape of the Rainbow Pool at the World War II Memorial, to that of the atom bombs used, is merely coincidental.

I'll be damned the rainbow pool it is, I thought it was representing the profile of the bomb, carry on.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

my prediction is the age v75 just in box coa going for 8k in secondary, sliding to 5k in a few months- p70 for 15k - easy ... the mintage is stupid low

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:

@rip_f said:

@morgansforever said:

I'll be damned the rainbow pool it is, I thought it was representing the profile of the bomb, carry on.

Well in fairness, the coins could hit nuclear level prices so no wonder you had nukes on your mind,

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pool itself imo resemble the profile of the bomb or bombs.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

For the gold, If they only strike 1945, I would think they should all grade ms70. The only difference would be cam or dcam. And, yes, every one would be "early strike" - as if that matters.

• Options

Correction PR70.

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

For those that fail to get the AGE with the privy mark, they've add a "
    End of World War II 75th Anniversary 24-Karat Gold Coin". No pictures or details yet.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rip_f said:
    For those that fail to get the AGE with the privy mark, they've add a "
    End of World War II 75th Anniversary 24-Karat Gold Coin". No pictures or details yet.

Also a World War II 75th Anniversary silver medal and copper medal. Fall 2020 is when they will get released.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would love to get my hands on one

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will try to get the ASE..... With 75K minted, it will be a challenge....Flipping prices will be outrageous, so will not bother with those. Maybe I will get lucky... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020 6:25AM

I will pre sell 10 (gold) right now @ +$200. Contact me if interested

It’s foolish to talk pre sell on this coin.

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

I'm excited for the release of these. But I fear that the mints website won't be be able to hold up. It froze last November for the enhanced silver eagle, and 9 months later it froze again last week when they released the remaining coins. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they've made any IT updates to their systems.

• Options

The price set was $69.50 for the silver but now has been set to N/A. Wonder why that has happened.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    The price set was $69.50 for the silver but now has been set to N/A. Wonder why that has happened.

That is interesting...

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

This isn't good. Dates have been released for when these will come up for sale. November 5th for both!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bombtech25bombtech25 Posts: 209 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where is the server that processes the orders?

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@morgansforever said:

what the...?

The uranium based atomic bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima was labeled "The Little Boy" and the plutonium based atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki three days later was named "The Fat Man".

• Options
    edited August 22, 2020 2:13PM

A 24k gold coin. No pictures yet or any say on mintage numbers. This release will be for a .999 silver eagle and a 22k gold eagle.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

A 24k gold coin. No pictures yet or any say on mintage numbers. This release will be for a .999 silver eagle and a 22k gold eagle.

Thanks, I wonder what mintage will be on that one. 1945 again?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2020 3:02PM

@cameonut2011 said:

@TurboSnail said:
    Here we go again. It will be rank as #4 on the ASE rarity chart.
    PR70 2008-W Silver Eagles with the Reverse of 2007 is around $700-$800 at 47000 mintage.
    PR70 2019-W $1 Silver Eagle Enhanced Rev PR Pride of Two Nations $175 at 110,000 mintage

So $400 for a PR70 is my estimate flipper price .

But lets not forget about this year's pride of two nations set. My bet is a 2020 ase pair with libertard or britannia.

What is a libertard?

The Mexican version of an eagle. Made in silver and gold with fractionals for both. Really nice design. It's intresting that they don't have a face value on them so technically they are medals.
    https://www.apmex.com/search?&q=libertad

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@morgansforever said:

what the...?

The uranium based atomic bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima was labeled "The Little Boy" and the plutonium based atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki three days later was named "The Fat Man".

I'm well aware. But the privy mark is not a bomb... hence my "what the.. "

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@TurboSnail said:
    PR70 2008-W Silver Eagles with the Reverse of 2007 is around $700-$800 at 47000 mintage.
    PR70 2019-W $1 Silver Eagle Enhanced Rev PR Pride of Two Nations $175 at 110,000 mintage

But lets not forget about this year's pride of two nations set. My bet is a 2020 ase pair with libertard or britannia.

What is a libertard?

1 Libertad

sorry for the spelling error. :#

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurboSnail said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@TurboSnail said:

What is a libertard?

1 Libertad

I'm sorry. It should have been obvious to me. For some reason it wasn't.

• Options
    chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@TurboSnail said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@TurboSnail said:

What is a libertard?

1 Libertad

I'm sorry. It should have been obvious to me. For some reason it wasn't.

I thought you were joking and I literally laughed out loud when I saw it.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why did they do this on the same day!!!! Try for the gold, potentially miss the silver.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options

@3stars said:
    Why did they do this on the same day!!!! Try for the gold, potentially miss the silver.

Basically the same coins so release on the same day just like the commemoratives. It is annoying that there is no chance of getting both from the mint.

Anyone going for the silver over the gold?

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2020 7:46AM

@Kliao said:

@3stars said:

Basically the same coins so release on the same day just like the commemoratives. It is annoying that there is no chance of getting both from the mint.

Considering the high price for the gold, I assume most will be going for the silver.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@Kliao said:

@3stars said:

Considering the high price for the gold, I assume most will be going for the silver.

True. With the current gold price the price of the gold coin will be $2600. But we are still unsure of the silver eagle's price as it was $69.50 previously until the mint removed it for some reason.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Repricing? That is my bet.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

The gold is intriguing but I see a minefield of scams trying to resell it. Claims of empty boxes, shipping regular GAEs. When the profits are that high the risks are that much greater.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    Sun DiegoSun Diego Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the US Mint’s servers are located? I assume you have a 1-3 second advantage if you are closer to them versus in say CA.

The seconds will make the difference in whether you get a coin or get shut out on a coin.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be entertaining to see what the dealers will be offering to those who commit to try to buy coins for them.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@Raufus said:
    It will be entertaining to see what the dealers will be offering to those who commit to try to buy coins for them.

I think the offers will come for the gold. Not as much for the silver.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@Raufus said:

Agreed.

What do u guys guess the gold will bring on feebay right after sell out? I coukd see $6k easy

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@Raufus said:

@Kliao said:

@Raufus said:

Agreed.

What do u guys guess the gold will bring on feebay right after sell out? I coukd see $6k easy

I'm thinking $10k+

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2020 4:25PM

I would rather had a nice two coin offering sold together, in a 75th anniversary display, then have to go for the gold, and try to finish up with a somewhat low mintage silver eagle. It would have made sense with a 1,945 offering at least, and have the balance of silver eagles sold separately, on a different day???

IDK. I'm tired of .gov bureaucrats, and this is just another example of why...too many without a clue. A slimmer mint may produce a better product.

• Options
    bombtech25bombtech25 Posts: 209 ✭✭✭

@Sun Diego said:
    Does anyone know where the US Mint’s servers are located? I assume you have a 1-3 second advantage if you are closer to them versus in say CA.

The seconds will make the difference in whether you get a coin or get shut out on a coin.

Same concept is used in high frequency trading. Lmk if you find out

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@Raufus said:

@Kliao said:

@Raufus said:

Agreed.

I'm thinking $10k+

I think that’s a little rich in a poor economy and also in a “bracket” where buyers drop out 5k plus++
    I would say that many flippers might not want to go all in here, if the immediate raw flip premium is only 500-700 bucks on a 2650+ investment; not such a great return for the risk

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

I’m in record here—no way a 10k coin.
    Gimmicky at best with the Privy—-would have been different if minted at another mint in addition to the Privy.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@Raufus said:

@Kliao said:

@Raufus said:

Agreed.

I'm thinking $10k+

Lol ...dealer friend offered $8,000 if I get one . I told him add a 1 in front of the 8

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

The silver shouldn’t be hard to get with a HH limit of 1 and 75,000 minted. That means 75,000 orders.

The gold will be exceptionally hard to get. I think if you want one, probably need 10 people trying for you. Gold should bring at least 7500-10,000 with such an absurdly low mintage

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the site crashes gold and silver will be hard to get

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, oh, the site will crash like a scorched rabbit.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Oh, oh, the site will crash like a scorched rabbit.

Agreed. I've seen it before. Not fun. Billboard display: "Something Went Wrong"

• Options
    edited September 18, 2020 7:02AM

The WWII 24 karat gold coin and silver medal have released their mintage numbers.

Gold:
    Item Number: 20XG
    Mintage Limit: 7,500
    Product Limit: 7,500
    Household Order Limit: 1

Silver:
    Item Number: 20XH
    Mintage Limit: 20,000
    Product Limit: 20,000
    Household Order Limit: 1

• Options
    ButteredfatkidButteredfatkid Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2020 6:22AM

MORE low mintages?! I don’t know if my wallet can handle this

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file