Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

I am thinking only 1,921 minted for the 100th Anniversary of the Peace dollar for example, with and without 100 yr privy on them.

oh man - I'd be down for a 100 anniv peace dollar 💥✌💥

• 3stars3stars Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

The mint should go Vegas - pay $50 for a chance to win a 50 mintage coin. They could erase any operating budget shortfalls with that idea.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:
    Obviously the gold 20XE is the prize here. With the silver at 75,000 do you see much demand? I will pick one up for the pile but I think I will try gold first and then hit the silver. Looks like the current thought is that we have minutes to grab a silver one. I would just hate to miss both. I remember the frustration of trying and not getting the 30,000 mintage dollar last year and that one went very quick!

What do you think is the magic number for supply vs. demand? 30k is a bloodbath. 75k has interest. 150k has plenty for everyone at any time?
    Yet I see that this month out came the 20EM proof eagle with 200k mintage and no HH limit and it is currently unavailable?

@Batman23 said:

@SenateSaloon said:

@Batman23 said:
    What are the thoughts on this Medal and Coin. Silver is just a medal but gold is listed as a coin with $25 value. Will that make any difference or will it just be bullion like many of the other non-series type gold "coins"?

My two cents: the gold coin has a mintage limit of 7500. In terms of supply, a number of gold commemoratives never sold 7500 in the last ten years. So there is likely to be ample supply for everyone who wants one. So whether value goes up will really depend on demand. I don’t have a good sense of that, but in my opinion demand will only be normal. In short, probably not a coin to flip and who knows in the long term.

Pretty much in line with what I was thinking.

What am I missing here, the mint website state that the mintage limits on the gold AE i 1945? Not 7500? Thanks

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:

@Batman23 said:
    Obviously the gold 20XE is the prize here. With the silver at 75,000 do you see much demand? I will pick one up for the pile but I think I will try gold first and then hit the silver. Looks like the current thought is that we have minutes to grab a silver one. I would just hate to miss both. I remember the frustration of trying and not getting the 30,000 mintage dollar last year and that one went very quick!

What do you think is the magic number for supply vs. demand? 30k is a bloodbath. 75k has interest. 150k has plenty for everyone at any time?
    Yet I see that this month out came the 20EM proof eagle with 200k mintage and no HH limit and it is currently unavailable?

@Batman23 said:

@SenateSaloon said:

@Batman23 said:
    What are the thoughts on this Medal and Coin. Silver is just a medal but gold is listed as a coin with $25 value. Will that make any difference or will it just be bullion like many of the other non-series type gold "coins"?

My two cents: the gold coin has a mintage limit of 7500. In terms of supply, a number of gold commemoratives never sold 7500 in the last ten years. So there is likely to be ample supply for everyone who wants one. So whether value goes up will really depend on demand. I don’t have a good sense of that, but in my opinion demand will only be normal. In short, probably not a coin to flip and who knows in the long term.

Pretty much in line with what I was thinking.

What am I missing here, the mint website state that the mintage limits on the gold AE i 1945? Not 7500? Thanks

You are right. The 7500 is for the gold coin selling on the 9th.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are not. Even with their networks it is a Hail Mary against a 50 mile an hour wind. They will take your money and hold it and if they strike out, they return it. Same thing happened with the ERP

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

No one is guaranteed to get one with a mintage as low as 1,945. I remember a few years ago when there was a popular gold issue with 50,000 mintage that sold out much quicker than expected. This one is 25x less. I expect the market price of this one to be at least 10,000

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can hold your breath longer than this first gold coin will take to sell out. A mintage of 1945 is so tiny, hmmmm....I see a new discussion starting!

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@shorecoll said:
    What's the over/under on the sellout...1 min gold/10 min silver?

Probably. Unless the site crashes then it’ll take longer.

20 secs sellout..Price for the 1oz gold ?

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Well we have 2 forum members on BST already offering +$150 over cost for the Silver and $1500-$2000 over cost for the Gold version so these 2 think they will be valuable!🤣😂

Lol ..$2,000 over issue price? dealer friend said he'll pay $8,000 .if I get one :#

Have they said what the gold is gonna cost?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2020 1:13PM

@Mgarmy said:

$2,550 at the current spot price

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

@Mgarmy
    Not yet.

Link: https://catalog.usmint.gov/end-of-world-war-ii-75th-anniversary-american-eagle-gold-proof-coin-20XE.html?cgid=2020-product-schedule

Likely early the week of 11/02/20.

• 3stars3stars Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silvers running $600-$800 on the bay

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@Mgarmy said:

@Mgarmy
    Not yet.

Link: https://catalog.usmint.gov/end-of-world-war-ii-75th-anniversary-american-eagle-gold-proof-coin-20XE.html?cgid=2020-product-schedule

Likely early the week of 11/02/20.

The Gold will be priced a little after 2PM ET November 4, 2020...

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

$2,250 at the current spot price

@Kliao

I must be doing something wrong.

London Fix in USD = $1,881.85 (10/30/20 - PM)
    Source: https://www.kitco.com/market/

U.S. Mint "Pricing Range Table" = $2,550.00
    Row = $1,850.00 - $1,899.99/oz.
    Column = "End of World War II 75 Anniversary 22K Gold Coin"
    Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-usm-site-catalog-us/default/dwb6488dac/images/PDFs/2020-Pricing-Grid-v3.pdf

Our estimates differ by $300.00. What am I missing?

@MetroD said:

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

$2,250 at the current spot price

@Kliao

I must be doing something wrong.

London Fix in USD = $1,881.85 (10/30/20 - PM)
    Source: https://www.kitco.com/market/

U.S. Mint "Pricing Range Table" = $2,550.00
    Row = $1,850.00 - $1,899.99/oz.
    Column = "End of World War II 75 Anniversary 22K Gold Coin"
    Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-usm-site-catalog-us/default/dwb6488dac/images/PDFs/2020-Pricing-Grid-v3.pdf

Our estimates differ by $300.00. What am I missing?

Whoops my mistake.

@Kliao

Thanks for responding.

if gold plummets tues morning [🤞], will that directly effect the cost of the v75 au, or is the sale price based off multiple days' averages?

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    if gold plummets tues morning [🤞], will that directly effect the cost of the v75 au, or is the sale price based off multiple days' averages?

"Pricing for precious metal numismatic products (e.g., palladium, platinum, 24-k gold, 22-k gold) varies by the average cost of the underlying metal. We use our pricing range table the week prior to sale in order to determine the product's price. If the average weekly price of the precious metal moves up or down into another cost range, the price of the product will also go up or down, respectively, by a fixed amount. You’ll find detailed pricing instructions here."
    Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/coins/precious-metal-coins/gold/

Can we see these BST lowballer buy offers ,not complain if someone backs out of their commitment to sell at way under market prices for the 75th Anniv Gold 1 oz .....if lucky to buy ? B)

@MetroD said:

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

"Pricing for precious metal numismatic products (e.g., palladium, platinum, 24-k gold, 22-k gold) varies by the average cost of the underlying metal. We use our pricing range table the week prior to sale in order to determine the product's price. If the average weekly price of the precious metal moves up or down into another cost range, the price of the product will also go up or down, respectively, by a fixed amount. You’ll find detailed pricing instructions here."
    Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/coins/precious-metal-coins/gold/

thank you ✌ so sounds like, pending some major major shift, sale price will likely be v close to 2550

• foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭

The highest buy posted I’ve seen so far are +$2600 for the gold and +$300 for the silver.

Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
    edited October 31, 2020 7:14PM

Can you pay using PayPal with a debit account as source, for 75th Anniv Gold coin?

I have heard that they will not let you use PayPal for this. And your shipping and billing have to synchronize or else they cancel your order

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@foodude said:
    The highest buy posted I’ve seen so far are +$2600 for the gold and +$300 for the silver.

There's 75k silver and somebody is offering +300? Who?

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just don't see 800 on the silver. That is plum crazy as they used to say. I think interest in last year's reverse proof S eagle has already faded after al the flippers squeezed the juice out of it and everybody has forgotten it.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't take the heart strain the Gold Privy marked will generate. The Silver will be bad enough but with 75,000 and limit 1 it is possible. Much will hinge on the ordering computers capacity. The gold will probably choke them but clear soon. The Silver could make the system bog down... fingers crossed it won't till my order is secured.

Had heard rumor that they were not allowing PayPal check out in this one...can anybody confirm?

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Had heard rumor that they were not allowing PayPal check out in this one...can anybody confirm?

Just spoke to customer service false rumor no difference for these items. That being said this confirmation changes the possibility to 50/50 🤪

@JimTyler said:

@Mgarmy said:

Just spoke to customer service false rumor no difference for these items. That being said this confirmation changes the possibility to 50/50 🤪

Thanks Jim. Is going to be a painful roll of the dice and any mistake or retype will hose you. Days away but am already getting the stomach jitters. Went in and double checked everything. Set up my wife with an account. She is going for gold, I need the silver for the series so I am going for that.

• PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is paypal faster somehow?

I'm too scared to try it out. It should be because of pushing fewer keys...

Thanks Jim

no doubt - appreciate the advice, Jim - will dry run tomorrow 🤞

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be skeptical. Paypal didn't work for me last year on the 2019 S ERP. Had to enter a card.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

edited November 3, 2020 3:19AM

@privatecoin said:

I would be skeptical. Paypal didn't work for me last year on the 2019 S ERP. Had to enter a card.

You can’t be saying you had time to screw up with PayPal and still had time to go back and enter a card and then was successful, are you ? No one had that much time.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    @privatecoin said:

You can’t be saying you had time to screw up with PayPal and still had time to go back and enter a card and then was successful, are you ? No one had that much time.

Last year's sellout took about 8 minutes for 15k pieces.

With 75k this year we're looking at 30 minutes or more.

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    @privatecoin said:

At the checkout time paypal was not listed as a payment option. I by some miracle was able to enter a card in time.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

I appreciate the enthusiasm for something that will be over and done with in a matter of seconds (gold) and minutes (silver).

I believe that is my recall as well. I still think there are question marks around PayPal for this upcoming fiasco.

• nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

@privatecoin said:

@JimTyler said:
    @privatecoin said:

At the checkout time paypal was not listed as a payment option. I by some miracle was able to enter a card in time.

Does anyone else recall this? I never used paypal, but don't recall anybody mentioning this last year.

Anyone see any offers from the big bullion dealers?

Yep. Low end high on BST. But have now switched language to market price

New player $5500 and $400

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file