Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    New player $5500 and $400

That is the total payout not over cost, coinflip it at +3000 so he is higher on the gold. Silver is essentially a wash.
    Not sure how that guy does it either but when I have sold to Coinflip previously he sent me a shipping label as well.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve sold to coinflip good choice.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

I think $400 is a little high for an ASE with a mintage of 75,000

But what do I know.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MorganMan94 said:

@JimTyler said:

That is the total payout not over cost, coinflip it at +3000 so he is higher on the gold. Silver is essentially a wash.
    Not sure how that guy does it either but when I have sold to Coinflip previously he sent me a shipping label as well.

He must have edited it. I'm seeing $2,000 now.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

But what do I know.

Welcome back man.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭

@JimTyler said:

Can anyone vouch for him or deal with him in the past. Seems to have good credentials

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember that when the site is bogged down stored card info does not populate. Last year it would not load for me and it was faster to just enter the CC info manually.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

@engmtic said:

@JimTyler said:

Can anyone vouch for him or deal with him in the past. Seems to have good credentials

One deal in the past and it was smooth.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@matt_dac said:
    I appreciate the enthusiasm for something that will be over and done with in a matter of seconds (gold) and minutes (silver).

it will only be over and done with in a matter of seconds beCAUSE of all the enthusiasm 😄

• Options

I guess we will find out if the mint has protected against the bots this time

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

If the bots are out in enough numbers this thing will end in 5 seconds

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

there is no way that the gold coin settles less than $10,000 with a mintage of only 1,945!!

• Options

maybe not necessarily for this coin, but what method does this forum recommend for flipping high value items? eBay too risky?

• Options

@matsmyth said:
    maybe not necessarily for this coin, but what method does this forum recommend for flipping high value items? eBay too risky?

There are many dealers with offers in the BST.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd rather sell to a well known BST dealer for less than I can get on ebay just for the peace of mind. Selling the gold on ebay should scare anyone with so many scammers such as empty box claims, regular GAE sent, etc.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

But what do I know.

Welcome back man.

I appreciate all the nice things you said about me on my goodbye thread.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

It as we get closer, the newbies will be coming in to gain as much information as possible and most likely disappear quickly soon there after.
    For those of you that came in on the last sought after issue and are still here, please stand up and share.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Mgarmy said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

But what do I know.

Welcome back man.

I appreciate all the nice things you said about me on my goodbye thread.

👍

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

But what do I know.

I’m glad you have returned...

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems the World War 2 factor is the wildcard here. This is not an ordinary American Silver Eagle. This will attract more interest worldwide I imagine.

• Options

Hope to get one even at a high price.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just hope that when you “have it in the bag “ they don’t remove it as you are checking out, like last time.

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw someone post on a Facebook group (not coin related) I am a part of that they were looking for bots to buy these coins.

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

The USM can shut any bots down with a simple signon code; why don’t they do it?

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will try for one of each.

• Options
    Gam3rBlakeGam3rBlake Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

Crap!! 😡 I just bought a 2020 normal 1 oz Gold Eagle yesterday!! 😭

I wouldn’t have if I had known about this..

• Options

@Gam3rBlake said:
    Crap!! 😡 I just bought a 2020 normal 1 oz Gold Eagle yesterday!! 😭

I wouldn’t have if I had known about this..

Your chances of getting the V75 are very low.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2020 10:43PM

Probably just go for the gold. I doubt will even have time to pick up the silver. I doubt you will be able to get both. Maybe a minute sell out. Try for the gold first. I doubt I will keep. Looks like the lowest mintage in the series. Correct?

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember those who served and gave all during WWII. A significant amount of the 1945 minted gold proffs will be in the hands of a few, due to bots, IP address prioritization software and ordering networks. The chances of getting a proof at issue price are very, very slim. The Mint should have done a lottery by email, that would have been the best way to distribute evenly. Yes, there will be some Ebay seller with dozens of these.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

I’ve got two iPads. Gold on one silver on the other.

• Options

Curious what everyone thinks on how the future value of the silver coin will fare? A lot of hype right now but will value drop once ebay gets flooded with these?

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Is it all but official the 20XE will be $2600 with gold sitting slightly above $1900 at 0900 eastern today?

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    I just hope that when you “have it in the bag “ they don’t remove it as you are checking out, like last time.

It is not officially yours when you "have it in the bag". To reserve it, you have to successfully check out.

"The U.S. Mint follows standard industry practices for its web shopping cart. Items are not automatically made unavailable to others when they are placed in a customer’s cart. Instead, inventory is decremented once billing information is entered and verified."
    Source: https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/u-s-mint-denies-widespread-bot-success-for-silver-eagles

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2020 9:01AM

@MilesWaits said:
    It as we get closer, the newbies will be coming in to gain as much information as possible and most likely disappear quickly soon there after.
    For those of you that came in on the last sought after issue and are still here, please stand up and share.

Hey Miles
    I have been on the forum since the days of the first silver pucks and have gained much knowledge over the years. I read every day and my last purchase was the 2019 reverse proof ASE. I got lucky and got one which I sold to my local B&M dealer for a good price as he always pays cash. A quick, easy no hassle deal. He has been good to me over the years so the favors are always returned. I will try to get a gold for him, keep the relationship alive, and make a few dollars for myself if the internet gods are in my favor tomorrow. Best of luck to you as well as all the good old guys & girls on the forum.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@MetroD said:

@Smudge said:

It is not officially yours when you "have it in the bag". To reserve it, you have to successfully check out.

Even then you need to make sure you get the confirmation email (typically the 2nd one after your order is placed) to be completely sure you got one.

• Options

@92vette said:
    Is it all but official the 20XE will be $2600 with gold sitting slightly above $1900 at 0900 eastern today?

That was my guess as well. Thought I read on another forum that the price should get posted sometime today.

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

@MilesWaits said:

Hey Miles
    I have been on the forum since the days of the first silver pucks and have gained much knowledge over the years. I read every day and my last purchase was the 2019 reverse proof ASE. I got lucky and got one which I sold to my local B&M dealer for a good price as he always pays cash. A quick, easy no hassle deal. He has been good to me over the years so the favors are always returned. I will try to get a gold for him, keep the relationship alive, and make a few dollars for myself if the internet gods are in my favor tomorrow. Best of luck to you as well as all the good old guys & girls on the forum.

I remember the good old days of the Hockey pucks we sure had a lot of fun back than. My question to everyone is what BROWSER are you using. I am on Microsoft Edge (I always liked internet explorer but seems it was replaced with microsoft edge) and I really do not like it. So what is everyone here using?

Thanks tom

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    SenateSaloonSenateSaloon Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

If they price it at $10k maybe that will drive away demand a little. :p

@92vette said:

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1tommy said:

@HATTRICK said:

@MilesWaits said:

Hey Miles

I remember the good old days of the Hockey pucks we sure had a lot of fun back than. My question to everyone is what BROWSER are you using. I am on Microsoft Edge (I always liked internet explorer but seems it was replaced with microsoft edge) and I really do not like it. So what is everyone here using?

Thanks tom

Google Chrome here.

• Options

One each chrome, Edge, Safari. One is bound to work.

• Options

Nerd question. I have an old Comcast modem the 300 speed type. I have the fastest speed modem coming today 1000 speed. Should that help me get through ?

• Options

FYI - run your PC tonight to make sure that all of your Windows updates are complete - it be a shame if when these go on sale your PC restarts to install updates.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2020 12:37PM

used Chrome to get the 2019 ASE. I may try Edge this time.

Hey Bullsitter,
    Are you going to try for one of these ? Good luck to all on the Forum ! B)

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

Price released for the gold at $2600.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2020 1:22PM

@HATTRICK said:
    used Chrome to get the 2019 ASE. I may try Edge this time.

Hey Bullsitter,
    Are you going to try for one of these ? Good luck to all on the Forum ! B)

Yep, Imma going for the silver Thursday and the Gold Friday @ 7:30 am.
    In other words, I'll be lucky to get the silver piece.

If y'all get a gold V75 to flip be sure to use Registered mail when you ship. USPS has been kind of wacky at times lately.

• Options

If y'all get a gold V75 to flip be sure to use Registered mail when you ship. USPS has been kind of wacky at times lately.

If anyone’s lucky enough to snag one should upgrade to next day. The less time in transit the better.

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wyze_guy said:

If anyone’s lucky enough to snag one should upgrade to next day. The less time in transit the better.

If I'm lucky enough to snag one, its getting shipped in a box that says prune juice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file