Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3stars said:
    FYI - run your PC tonight to make sure that all of your Windows updates are complete - it be a shame if when these go on sale your PC restarts to install updates.

Launch WU and select "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them". This option is for Windows 7, not sure about 10.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MorganMan94 said:

@wyze_guy said:

If y'all get a gold V75 to flip be sure to use Registered mail when you ship. USPS has been kind of wacky at times lately.

If anyone’s lucky enough to snag one should upgrade to next day. The less time in transit the better.

No way am I going to spend any additional time changing the shipping method to try and get it a few days earlier.

I think he was referring to after you sell it. Mint normally gives expedited shipping on high dollar coins.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@wyze_guy said:

If y'all get a gold V75 to flip be sure to use Registered mail when you ship. USPS has been kind of wacky at times lately.

If anyone’s lucky enough to snag one should upgrade to next day. The less time in transit the better.

No way am I going to spend any additional time changing the shipping method to try and get it a few days earlier.

I think he was referring to after you sell it. Mint normally gives expedited shipping on high dollar coins.

You can change the shipping preference before and it’ll default to that on your next purchase. The mints site does say it upgrades to signature service on purchases over $300 but not sure if that expedites the shipping. You’re already spending $2600. What’s another $20. If you intend to flip remember the early bird gets the worm. Of course, this is all futile unless you actually get one which is the hard part.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

method of shipping is chosen at time of purchase. No account setting option to choose method before purchase.

From the website:

Expedited Shipping
    -You will be charged $17.95 for the United States Mint's Expedited Shipping option.
    -Packages shipped using the United States Mint's Expedited Shipping option usually arrive within 2 to 3 business days.
    -Orders with Merchandise valued at $300 or more with a budget or standard delivery option chosen will receive a complimentary upgrade to signature-required Ground Shipping. Gift Wrap and Shipping and Handling charges are not considered part of the Merchandise total.
    -Shipments containing any gold or platinum United States Mint collectibles with a budget or standard delivery option chosen will receive a complimentary upgrade to Expedited Shipping.

Next Day Shipping
    -You will be charged $20.95 for the United States Mint's Next Day Shipping option.
    -Packages shipped using the United States Mint's Next Day Shipping option typically arrive the following business day if the order is received by noon ET.
    -There is no Next Day Shipping option available for International orders.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

Gold buy price coming down
    Just like I thought
    All those predictions of 10k and 15k
    Forget that—the market is really thin up there!

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coiner said:
    Just like I thought

1945 pieces is really thin too. If it settles below $10k this fall I'd be shocked.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today’s the big day. Everyone ready?

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Today’s the big day. Everyone ready?

I'm sure ready! :D
    I have a question for the computer experts here. If I get on the web page for this coin before 12 noon, will I have to refresh the page at 12 noon to place an order or will it automatically refresh at 12 noon? I'm guessing that if you don't get your order in at 12 noon or at least in the first few seconds after 12 noon, you won't have a chance to get one.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

UPS fine and on time in my area. As far as the flip, I will deliver local and receive cash. Sort of reminds me of the Beanie Baby days except then it was hundreds of dozens and tens of thousands in ca$h. Boy do I miss thoese days !!!!!
    Used to make the monthly exchange at a Motel 6 parking lot just off of the turnpike exit. Always seemed to be one or two state police cars there. They would come over to see what was going on and we would give them several dozen bags of bears and they would hang until I was safely on my way with the cash. Beanie Babies were very very good to me.

Good luck to all in the grab today. It will be over quick.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

I got this email this morning.

Make money for ordering coins from the US Mint!
    The US Mint is releasing the 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof Coin and the 75th Anniversary American Eagle Gold Proof Coin
    TODAY at 12 Noon ET!
    See how below:
    Paying $400 Per Coin!

Paying $6,000 Per Coin!

These coins go on sale at 12 Noon and will sell out quickly (Less than 5 Minutes)!

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof Coin Issue Price $83 (Item ID: 20XF)
    Pinehurst will pay you $400 for the Silver coin; that’s more than $300 over the issue price!

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Gold Proof Coin Issue Price $2,600 (Item ID: 20XE)
    Pinehurst will pay you $6,000 for the Gold coin; that’s more than $3,000 over the issue price!

The market for the Gold coin is very fast moving and Pinehurst is prepared to meet or beat any offer.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to hearing from you.

Here's how:
    Purchase the 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof coin here today at 12 Noon ET from the US Mint. (You will have to be on the mint website and waiting, prior to 12 Noon.)
    Purchase the 75th Anniversary American Eagle Gold Proof coin here today at 12 Noon ET from the US Mint. (You will have to be on the mint website and waiting, prior to 12 Noon.)
    After purchasing the coin(s) from the US Mint, email Contact@PinehurstCoins.com to confirm the sale of the coin(s) to Pinehurst Coins. We will reply to your email with a Purchase Order.
    Ship the order to Pinehurst Coins or deliver in person.
    Once we receive the coin, we will send out a check within 1 business day.
    Offer expires at 4 pm today.
    Do not have any coins shipped directly to Pinehurst Coins Address. The coins must be delivered to you and then you must send them to us afterwards.

Tweet
    Forward
    +1
    Read Later

Copyright ©PinehurstCoins, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
    You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020 6:57AM

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hit refresh constantly as you get close to noon. That is what is did for the erp and got one

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    PayPal is faster fewer clicks. I’m going to save you guys a keystroke my greedy side says don’t do it but i won’t get one neither will you. Just before you enter hell put something in your cart. Click check out. The first click will be pick an address. Pick your address click PayPal click review. Next delete the item now nothing in your cart. Stay logged in and prepare for hell. The next time you check out your address is still there and clicking PayPal is your first click not your second. You’ll click PayPal click review at the bottom next page click agree to terms and place order 4 clicks instead of 5. If this is not your first rodeo you know every click counts. See you on the other side 😢😢😢😢😢😰😰😰😰😰😰😰🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧

Good man

• Options

Shame on dealers offering low ball prices for the gold 75th Anniv ....Dealer friend offering me $8,000 to buy...
    Not surprised to see $18,000+ sale.. Remember the 2006 anniv silver reverse proof ...sold for $6,000..60x cost

• Options

Not sure what their angle is low balling and cannot believe they would have any takers. This is 10k all day

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

Closing in on 2 HOURS.....

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coiner said:
    Just like I thought

👀👀👀

• Options
    edited November 5, 2020 8:11AM

@Mgarmy said:
    Not sure what their angle is low balling and cannot believe they would have any takers. This is 10k all day

Easily.. Can remember dealers offering $200 over issue for 2006 Gold Anniv. set..then complaining some reneged, as buy prices climbed over issue, by $1,000+

• Options

Why do they think things would be different now. If their offer is not in the post sale price zone? One on the BST is doing right saying they will pay market rather than low balling.

• Options

With such a tiny mintage, would not surprise me at all if deep pockets pay 15k plus or more for perfect pcgs grade.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does everyone here think the silver will be sold out fast, at 75,000 coins? It will be popular here of course, but with so many, I have a funny feeling the silver will be available for weeks. I hope I get gold and silver (ha) and I hope they are worth a fortune, but 75,000 is an awful lot. Even the wildly popular Apollo 11 coins were available for a long time with the high numbers.

• Options

No more than 10 minutes is my guess for the silver

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@matt_dac said:
    Does everyone here think the silver will be sold out fast, at 75,000 coins? It will be popular here of course, but with so many, I have a funny feeling the silver will be available for weeks. I hope I get gold and silver (ha) and I hope they are worth a fortune, but 75,000 is an awful lot. Even the wildly popular Apollo 11 coins were available for a long time with the high numbers.

silver will definitely be more than a few minutes, but less than an hour

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:

@matt_dac said:

silver will definitely be more than a few minutes, but less than an hour

For comparison, the 2001 Buffalo Silver Dollar took 2 weeks to sell out a mintage of 500,000.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020 8:33AM

Given that doctors have gotten "artificial heads" for SLQs certified by TPGs, will we see artificial privy marks?

• Options

well they removed Paypal as an option...so basically no chance for getting the gold if you are human!!!!
    (only the bots will get it)...takes too long to click as a human.

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep I just logged in and noticed that too wtf? Bummer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bestday said:

@JimTyler said:
    PayPal is faster fewer clicks. I’m going to save you guys a keystroke my greedy side says don’t do it but i won’t get one neither will you. Just before you enter hell put something in your cart. Click check out. The first click will be pick an address. Pick your address click PayPal click review. Next delete the item now nothing in your cart. Stay logged in and prepare for hell. The next time you check out your address is still there and clicking PayPal is your first click not your second. You’ll click PayPal click review at the bottom next page click agree to terms and place order 4 clicks instead of 5. If this is not your first rodeo you know every click counts. See you on the other side 😢😢😢😢😢😰😰😰😰😰😰😰🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧

Good man

Last time they disabled paypal for high demand issue. Won't they do that again?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@jclovescoins said:
    well they removed Paypal as an option...so basically no chance for getting the gold if you are human!!!!
    (only the bots will get it)...takes too long to click as a human.

Exactly. SO stupid.

• Options

yeah, the chance for humans went from maybe 2% to well below .01% .... you can probably get 15,000 for the gold

• Options

Damn

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all a crapshoot. Will come down to how the dice tumble.... and which electrons sneak into the Mint servers first.....

----- kj
  • Options

Was there 20 mins ago high demand? my rear end.. paypal lessened chance of fraud ..80,000 transactions ..high demand?

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's crazy is I used paypal yesterday and bought a bag of quarters. I also wasted my time making sure paypal did not have a limit on my account........&&^^%$$##@**&&^^

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

Us Mint gift to high power coin dealers that made big purchases ,from mint in 2020

• Options

Already slowing up. Regular folks are screwed.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    Already slowing up. Regular folks are screwed.

Yeah, my last refresh timed out...

• Options

Can't even log on now. Anyone else having this issue?

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

down

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

This may be a first - system crash before the first item is sold!!!

• Options

Just u*b that they can never get high demand items right.

• Options

Hearing Getting harder to log on... server crash?

• Options

When it comes up when I try anything it crashes.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

oops, something went wrong

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Login page went down

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, pre-crash. can't even put a 6.99 medal in to practice

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

All is well, there's nothing wrong with the system... it's all normal.... :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

Yet, the bots and big guys will get theirs before any of us can even log on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file