Home Sports Talk

New England Patriots 2020 Discussion Thread

thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Tom for all you did......but the show must go on.

Remember, the Pats are still on that STAIRWAY TO SEVEN

LETS GOOOO!!!!!

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

if you can get to heaven by going down it will truly be a miracle

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rob Gronkowski is with WWE now. Come on Rob, really? I can just see Rob now, out there in his little panties, running around in the ring.😂

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Rob Gronkowski is with WWE now. Come on Rob, really? I can just see Rob now, out there in his little panties, running around in the ring.😂

Great way for him to get hurt.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

The last pic I've seen of Gronk, he's lost a lot of weight and muscle tone. Obviously he has no interest of playing in the NFL again.

You're right, i'm not sure what he's going to do in the WWE other than playful clowning around. Certainly he's not going to perform any tough wrestling moves.

New England Patriots team or players discussion now in the top four threads on Sports Talk.

Where do i send the complaint form?

😉

What is this I see about Bill looking at Cam for QB?!

@DIMEMAN said:

There's going to be a lot of potential QB rumors flying around out there when it comes to the Patriots.

Belichick signing Cam would be a shocker.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

There's going to be a lot of potential QB rumors flying around out there when it comes to the Patriots.

I’d rather Cam then Dalton. I hope he just sticks with Stidham though, I think he wants to, I bet he thinks he can make the playoffs and do just as good with anyone at QB. Bill is going to fall flat on his face I think, I’m going to laugh at a Kraft and Belichicks annoyance at losing too

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I’d rather Cam then Dalton. I hope he just sticks with Stidham though, I think he wants to, I bet he thinks he can make the playoffs and do just as good with anyone at QB. Bill is going to fall flat on his face I think, I’m going to laugh at a Kraft and Belichicks annoyance at losing too

everyone saying brady is past it might want to consider bill is past it too.

He cant draft for shit and he made a bunch of stupid coaching mistakes in the last few years.

He assumed tom was coming back like a whipped puppy and has done nothing this off season at any position except lose guys.
    Last year he thought gronk was coming back and we had to play with no tight end , this year no tight ends and no QB either :D

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Pat's fans better brace up it could be a looooooong dry spell!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Ever since Cam made a "business decision" and decided to not dive on that fumble during the SB, he became a QB I would never want.

edited March 21, 2020 4:00PM

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Ever since Cam made a "business decision" and decided to not dive on that fumble during the SB, he became a QB I would never want.

I cannot stand Cam Newton however from a capable QB standpoint I feel Dalton is a straight up loser, not personality wise but playing wise. Newton is better but definitely nothing special and a selfish player too. I hope they just go with Stidham really

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

It’s going to be very relaxing Jon!! It’s been awhile since we have had zero expectations!!!

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

That and other things Cam has done is what would make Belichick signing him a shocker.

Belichick normally doesn't tolerate players such as that. He made an exception with Randy Moss because many wide receivers are prima donnas, and Moss at the time was great. I can't see Belichick accepting that type of player in a QB.

Of course sometimes desperation make people do strange things, so we'll see what happens.

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

It’s going to be very relaxing Jon!! It’s been awhile since we have had zero expectations!!!

I've been thru the Romo & Garrett years and know all about dry spells!!!

Any guesses on if they will draft a QB?

@thisistheshow said:

I'm going to guess in the 6th round.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

I would think not,not after they just spent a 4th on Stidham and still have Kessler under contract. They've got a lot of holes to fill on this roster especially after this past week in free agency.

They brought back Brian Hoyer 🙄

Meh. I'd rather see what Stidham could do as the starter over Hoyer at this point.

@erikthredd said:
    Meh. I'd rather see what Stidham could do as the starter over Hoyer at this point.

Ofcourse, even if the lose out it will be beneficial for the ‘21 Draft for Lawrence

If they truly believe Stidham is the guy, I would not mind having Hoyer named the starter. But if they are unsure on Stidham, I would like to see him thrown to the wolves so to speak.

@thisistheshow said:
    If they truly believe Stidham is the guy, I would not mind having Hoyer named the starter. But if they are unsure on Stidham, I would like to see him thrown to the wolves so to speak.

Me too. His passing looked promising during the preseason but that pick 6 in mop-up duty in his debut was definitely an ugly reminder he has a long way to go.
    I'm expecting all of the so-called draft pundits to list QB,TE & LB as their biggest needs,hopefully BB actually grabs a TE this time.

Gostkowski finally released. About time

He was pretty much on borrowed time those last 2-3 years anyways. Now Bill gets to use one of his 3rds on a Kicker. :#

@perkdog said:
    Gostkowski finally released. About time

don't even get me started on this guy! He had some sort of dirt on Bill B to rate the extra special treatment the last few years

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Belichick doesn’t find any more receivers, it won’t matter who he signs.

That was really the issue at the end of last season.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:
    If Belichick doesn’t find any more receivers, it won’t matter who he signs.

That was really the issue at the end of last season.

Belichick is going down in flames this upcoming season. Unfortunately he is taking the Patriots right down with him.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are going to see how talented he really is, won’t we?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:
    We are going to see how talented he really is, won’t we?

Yes, we will see who was more important. Brady or Bill! I just hope we have Football!

They're working on a pill for the corona virus.

Maybe they could also work on a pill for anguished Patriots fans.

😜

@stevek said:

😜

some of us are already pills , pills can't take pills its a reducto ad absurdinum situation

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

😜

some of us are already pills , pills can't take pills its a reducto ad absurdinum situation

I hear ya.

I'm a long suffering Eagles fan, except for one beautiful evening on February 4, 2018. 😊

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

😜

I hear ya.

I'm a long suffering Eagles fan, except for one beautiful evening on February 4, 2018. 😊

:(

Even if the season starts on time, pre-season things like scouting and the draft are being affected. I would expect Belichick to possibly find advantages this season somehow. I am looking forward to seeing the team post Brady.

Trying to stay positive.😬

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭✭

Buks all the way in 2020! Brady picked the right team.

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Buks all the way in 2020! Brady picked the right team.

They definitely have a better offense than the pathetic unit Belichick has. The Bucs D and OL beg to differ about them going all the way though

Well, you are probably right about that but I would love to see it. Brady deservers to win another title.

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Well, you are probably right about that but I would love to see it. Brady deservers to win another title.

Personally for me it’s Patriots first and Brady second BUT to spite Belichick I’d like to see Brady win it this year and Belichick fall flat on his face with a 4-12 type record.

I feel exactly the same way.I have been a Patriots fan since my friend Butch was their quarterback. I wish he could have lived long enough to see what they have accomplished.

@tommyrusty7 said:
    I feel exactly the same way.I have been a Patriots fan since my friend Butch was their quarterback. I wish he could have lived long enough to see what they have accomplished.

You were friends with Butch Songin?

We went to high school together.

@tommyrusty7 said:
    We went to high school together.

Did you remain in touch after HS?

We did for a while but went our separate ways like most people in life do. There are only a few of us left now that I went to school with and dwindling fast.

@tommyrusty7 said:
    We did for a while but went our separate ways like most people in life do. There are only a few of us left now that I went to school with and dwindling fast.

Am I correct in thinking that he was the first Patriots QB?

Yes he was.

Belichick's original Browns notes from 1991 on how to build an offense popped up recently and not much has changed since then. It's pretty crazy that who he wanted at QB described Brady to a tee and that was nine years before Brady was drafted when he was just 14yrs old at the time.
    https://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4819681/bill-belichicks-old-1991-scouting-notes-still-apply-today

That is awesome Erik, thanks for posting that! 🍻👍👍

@perkdog said:

I especially liked the "Can use a slightly dumber guy who is a good athlete" from the Offensive Line section. You just know that there will be some of his former/current O-linemen wondering if they're that guy after reading this lol.

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

I especially liked the "Can use a slightly dumber guy who is a good athlete" from the Offensive Line section. You just know that there will be some of his former/current O-linemen wondering if they're that guy after reading this lol.

Agreed! 😂😂😂