Home Sports Talk
Options

New England Patriots 2020 Discussion Thread

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    If New England goes through a 3 to 5 year stretch of rebuilding and missing the playoffs, I wonder if a movement will arise that demands the team change its name by dropping "Patriots"?

I suspect that "Patriots" has to be offensive to some persons/groups.

Perhaps demands will be made to change from the New England Patriots to the New England Fall Colors.

Same thing with Dallas. The name "Cowboys" is likely unacceptable to some persons/groups.

I’m sure some lunatics are already in the process of putting together some type of complaint about this.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@SanctionII said:
    If New England goes through a 3 to 5 year stretch of rebuilding and missing the playoffs, I wonder if a movement will arise that demands the team change its name by dropping "Patriots"?

Perhaps demands will be made to change from the New England Patriots to the New England Fall Colors.

Same thing with Dallas. The name "Cowboys" is likely unacceptable to some persons/groups.

It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

Anything silly is possible in this particular snowflake climate.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't get me started..."Eagles" are a bird of prey, a dangerous bird, a large bird that eats poor little birds, and poor innocent little mammals such as mice, and poor little water dwelling creatures such as fish.

They should be renamed the Philadelphia Doves. 🙄

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:

These people will throw any stupid idea on the wall to see if it sticks. They get off on controlling other people more than anything else. They are looking forward to and searching for reasons to be “offended.”

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Youse guys tryin to out snowflake the snowflakes ?

• Options

@stevek said:
    Don't get me started..."Eagles" are a bird of prey, a dangerous bird, a large bird that eats poor little birds, and poor innocent little mammals such as mice, and poor little water dwelling creatures such as fish.

They should be renamed the Philadelphia Doves. 🙄

I think my name, “Humming Birds” is better. Those little guys flit around and suck. That’s what Eagles did this year, most of the time.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
     A prediction...

Julian Edelman has played his last game for the New England Patriots. I will also predict he is better than a 50-50 shot at living among the palm trees in Tampa next year.

Wouldn't it be something if the Jets win Sunday! Belicheck would eat his pencil. What an embarrassment in Foxboro!!!

• Options

The Jets are on the assent, and the Patriots are down in the dumps so it could happen. Look at the Browns and the Rams. They needed those games, and yet they lost. It is an especially bitter pill for Browns fans since they might not now get in the playoffs ofter so many years of frustration.