Options

New England Patriots 2020 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still early but look much more competitive than I thought they would

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭✭

I refuse to watch them this year even though I have the NFL package for free this year. I am more interested in watching the progress the Red Sox are making under Chaime Blooms watch and am quite impressed at what he has implemented already.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be a good chance to see what Stidham has, but I'd rather see Hoyer in terms of trying to get the win.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    I refuse to watch them this year even though I have the NFL package for free this year. I am more interested in watching the progress the Red Sox are making under Chaime Blooms watch and am quite impressed at what he has implemented already.

And why is that? Is it because Brady left? So what? The end of last year indicated that he had played out his string in New England. I will cherish those years forever with Brady and Gronkowski ornaments on my Christmas tree, but that era is over. It was fun while it lasted, but all teams have to move on or perish.

Given the quality of the Red Sox team this year, the Patriots are light years ahead toward of them

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    This would be a good chance to see what Stidham has, but I'd rather see Hoyer in terms of trying to get the win.

I think this is the one game this season where we can pretty much pencil in a loss,i’d Go with Stidham just for hell of it.

• Options

What do you guys think......is today's poor showing the result of the practice and facility shutdowns?

• Options

I think that Buffalo will win the division, and this team will be lucky to make .500. The virus has killed whatever momentum they had.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

I see where Billechek's crew did no do very well today and the Brady bunch beat and undefeated Green Bay team. I guess the handwriting is on the wall about B & B. I still am not watching football even though I get NFL free this year until they start respecting our flag and country.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    What do you guys think......is today's poor showing the result of the practice and facility shutdowns?

Sure didn’t hurt Tennessee last week. They had 2 practices in 2 weeks and beat an undefeated team handily. Face it. New England is not very good. Cam Newton is a one truck pony and the players who opted out knew this was a lost season. Their receivers are slow, old and can’t get separation. I predicted 5-11 before the season started and I’m sticking to it.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

They played awful but were still in a position to win the game with the last drive. Someday someone will agree that the lack of competent WR’s on this team is the problem and it falls on Belichick. He set this team up for a one dimension attack and will fail.

• Options
    edited October 19, 2020 12:39PM

Why do you think Tom Terrific moved on? He was tired of throwing to nobody. BB thought his genius was going to get separation for 1A receivers. Their best receiver is James White. Edelman has the drops. Cam has 2 TD passes and 4 interceptions. One trick pony. No long pass completions. 5-11 and no playoffs this year.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Why do you think Tom Terrific moved on? He was tired of throwing to nobody. BB thought his genius was going to get separation for 1A receivers. Their best receiver is James White. Edelman has the drops. Cam has 2 TD passes and 4 interceptions. One trick pony. No long pass completions. 5-11 and no playoffs this year.

I’ve said it and meant it. Brady was being hung out to dry in NE so I was all for his decision to leave, I still love the guy and want him to succeed. I’m Patriots first though 100% I just don’t have any positive things to say about the team right now, and I think as soon as Hoodie hangs it up the quicker we can move on. Like if he had the #1 pick next year I think he would trade it and not take Lawrence

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

I’ve said it and meant it. Brady was being hung out to dry in NE so I was all for his decision to leave, I still love the guy and want him to succeed. I’m Patriots first though 100% I just don’t have any positive things to say about the team right now, and I think as soon as Hoodie hangs it up the quicker we can move on. Like if he had the #1 pick next year I think he would trade it and not take Lawrence

he would take a kicker then cut him

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

he would take a kicker then cut him

I want to laugh but it’s actually a possibility

• Options

I'm always a homer optimist, and I still think we are a wildcard team this year. But we are desperate for a receiver.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    I'm always a homer optimist, and I still think we are a wildcard team this year. But we are desperate for a receiver.

Doesn’t get any easier for the Pats the next two weeks with the 49ers at home and at the Bills the week after. They do get the Jets in week 9 so that’s something. Buffalo has a get right game with the Jets this week so a good old fashioned butt whopping is exactly what the need heading into the Patriots game.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

It’s hard to get and keep momentum when you are constantly having to shut down practice because of the Corona Virus. The Pats probably won’t make the play-offs, but it’s not 100% Belichick’s fault.

• Options

How about 99.99% ?

• Options

@BillJones said:
    It’s hard to get and keep momentum when you are constantly having to shut down practice because of the Corona Virus. The Pats probably won’t make the play-offs, but it’s not 100% Belichick’s fault.

Yeah Tennessee suffered from no practice for 2 weeks. Excuses are like butt holes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@BillJones said:

yes it is

• Options

@2dueces said:

@BillJones said:

Yeah Tennessee suffered from no practice for 2 weeks. Excuses are like butt holes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

When get to practice three times in two weeks and lose you staring quarterback, it’s hard to get momentum. If Tennessee had lost Tannahill, the results might have been different.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know, but the defense is just getting run over today. Very un-Patriot like.

• Options

STIDHAM IS THE FUTURE !!!!

:s

• Options

We have a lot of cap space next year. I predicted before the season that Bill would try to resign Cam if he felt Cam would be his best bet to get the wins record. What happens remains to be seen. But for sure the wins record is Bill's endgame. IMO, everything should be views through that lense.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    We have a lot of cap space next year. I predicted before the season that Bill would try to resign Cam if he felt Cam would be his best bet to get the wins record. What happens remains to be seen. But for sure the wins record is Bill's endgame. IMO, everything should be views through that lense.

Bill the GM needs to be sent to a nursing home. He sucks , this is all his fault. The bum was jealous that Brady was getting too much credit and drove him away. didnt want to pay Tom 25 million , wasted 10 million on 1 game of AB though? That was real thrifty , then gave Gilmour a raise this year and he is awful beat by everyone .

Lets not talk about the dozen draft picks in penalties for cheating we have lost ;)

• Options
    edited October 25, 2020 4:32PM

@bronco2078 said:

@thisistheshow said:

Bill the GM needs to be sent to a nursing home. He sucks , this is all his fault. The bum was jealous that Brady was getting too much credit and drove him away. didnt want to pay Tom 25 million , wasted 10 million on 1 game of AB though? That was real thrifty , then gave Gilmour a raise this year and he is awful beat by everyone .

Lets not talk about the dozen draft picks in penalties for cheating we have lost ;)

What I'm saying is that... .we have the greatest coach in history and he is motivated to put together, at a minimum, a team that can achieve double digit regular season wins. 😎

Edit to add word

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@bronco2078 said:

@thisistheshow said:

What I'm saying is that... .we have the greatest coach in history and he is motivated to put together, at a minimum, a team that can achieve double digit regular season wins. 😎

Edit to add word

Bill might be the greatest but he can’t pick receivers for shot! Maybe time to fire the receivers scout and get Swami and a crystal ball.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@bronco2078 said:

I’d rather see Stidham starting over Cam Newton at this point. We’re likely to see bad quarterback play from both QBs but if Stidham sucks they’re likely going to get a high draft pick,with Cam he might play slightly better which could lead to a few more wins. 2-3 more wins could be the difference between drafting 5th or 15th.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

I’d rather see Stidham starting over Cam Newton at this point. We’re likely to see bad quarterback play from both QBs but if Stidham sucks they’re likely going to get a high draft pick,with Cam he might play slightly better which could lead to a few more wins. 2-3 more wins could be the difference between drafting 5th or 15th.

HA!!!!!

you are part of the problen Eric :D

what good is a high draft pic? Do we need another Sony Michele? Or Nyquil Harry? a pooch kicker to cut in training camp ?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

HA!!!!!

what good is a high draft pic? Do we need another Sony Michele? Or Nyquil Harry? a pooch kicker to cut in training camp ?

Bill usually gets all pro type players when he drafts in the top 14-15 picks. Not to mention the higher the pick the better shot at landing one of the top QBs in the draft.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

HA!!!!!

Bill usually gets all pro type players when he drafts in the top 14-15 picks. Not to mention the higher the pick the better shot at landing one of the top QBs in the draft.

I see you have chosen to define the word usually as never

GM bill B is the eddie shore of the nfl

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

HA!!!!!

The hockey player?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

HA!!!!!

Your “never” is actually Richard Seymour,Jerod Mayo and Ty Warren who were all top 15 picks by BB and all three were named to the AllPro first team.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

HA!!!!!

Your “never” is actually Richard Seymour,Jerod Mayo and Ty Warren who were all top 15 picks by BB and all three were named to the AllPro first team.

I dont believe you. I think 20 years ago the pats had good people who picked draft choices that moved on and are no longer in New England.

Bill or his retarded kids took over about ten years ago and this is where we are.

We are now fully run by a gm who can't draft or trade well and is also an idiot with money.

Who also has a massive ego

• Options

Hey guys, Brady had a great game today.
    Oh, it wasn't for the Patriots was it.
    Oh well he is too old anyway!
    I guess he can only play for a few more years, so why pay him all that money when we can pick up a quarterback cheap somewhere.

• Options

Well Patriots fans now you know why 30 teams passed on Cam Newton and he signed for a Happy Meal and $50 Walmart gift card. Face it. It wouldn’t matter who is behind center. There is a reason 8 players opted out this year, by far the most of any team. There’s a reason players left in free agency. The Patriots are not a good football team. When your slot receiver, who is 120 years old is your best player you’ve got serious problems. When your #1 RB, who can’t stay healthy is the #26th ranked RB you drafted wrong. No sympathy from this Bills fan. It was bound to happen and I wish you many more just like it. I’ve been harassed by Patriots fans for 20 years and my time has come. Besides @perkdog who has always been humble it’s time for me to lay it on. Fun time in the rust belt.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

The clown show goes on and on. I think the Kraft family will rue the day they allowed Cam (I'm a LOOOOOZER) Newton to get near Foxboro. I felt bad for Edelman when they showed him on the sidelines...looked like his dog just died as he oftentimes just stared at the ground.

Sad to say, but the great days of the Patriots are over...should have given Tommy whatever he wanted. But, then again, its a lot warmer in Tampa than Foxboro in those horribly cold games.

• Options

This may be a down year, but like I said above, we will have competitive football in the near future.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    The clown show goes on and on. I think the Kraft family will rue the day they allowed Cam (I'm a LOOOOOZER) Newton to get near Foxboro. I felt bad for Edelman when they showed him on the sidelines...looked like his dog just died as he oftentimes just stared at the ground.

Sad to say, but the great days of the Patriots are over...should have given Tommy whatever he wanted. But, then again, its a lot warmer in Tampa than Foxboro in those horribly cold games.

edelman sucks too you know? how many plays has he made this season? For us , not the opposing team by deflecting balls into the air that get intercepted :D

• Options

New England Patriots 4-8 in their last 12 games. The slide didn’t start this year. It’s been brewing since late last year.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    New England Patriots 4-8 in their last 12 games. The slide didn’t start this year. It’s been brewing since late last year.

We'll be back .

• Options

I think that this analysis of Cam on another site is pretty good and worth a read if anyone is interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/comments/jil1vt/film_breakdown_of_cam_newton_broncos_49ers_and/

• Options

stolen from another site :D

Covid-19 related travel restrictions, decreased accessibility to practices/stadiums,
    and social distancing has made it difficult for new england patriots covert videographers
    to sneak around other team’s facilities to gather the video necessary to help the the team cheat at their normal level.

• Options

Let the haters hate. :)

• Options
    edited October 30, 2020 10:29AM

@bronco2078 said:
    stolen from another site :D

Covid-19 related travel restrictions, decreased accessibility to practices/stadiums,
    and social distancing has made it difficult for new england patriots covert videographers
    to sneak around other team’s facilities to gather the video necessary to help the the team cheat at their normal level.

That guy needs to stop living in 2007. In 2020 there is no need for anyone to covertly sneak around with video cameras when they can easily use satellites and drones. ;)

It’s good to see that the Glicker is still out there obsessing over the Pats. B)

• Options

I read that Edelman just had a minor knee surgery and will miss at least their next game versus Buffalo. Their crap passing offense just got worse.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    I read that Edelman just had a minor knee surgery and will miss at least their next game versus Buffalo. Their crap passing offense just got worse.

he is washed up anyway. All he does is the tip drill now and cause interceptions :D

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

he is washed up anyway. All he does is the tip drill now and cause interceptions :D

With the trade deadline just days away BB should call up the Bucs and try getting a pick for Edelman,maybe even James White too. As long as Cam is the Pats starting QB their passing offense is crap. This roster needs a complete overhaul but we’re probably never going to see it happen.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

With the trade deadline just days away BB should call up the Bucs and try getting a pick for Edelman,maybe even James White too. As long as Cam is the Pats starting QB their passing offense is crap. This roster needs a complete overhaul but we’re probably never going to see it happen.

I actually think (and hope) we are going to see the overhaul sooner rather than later.

• Options
    edited October 30, 2020 11:43AM

I’m not a big conspiracy guy, well yes I am. Lol. This season is no accident. I don’t care that the Patriots aren’t competitive. Yes I do. Bill had a plan as soon as he let Brady go. Sure Bill could muster 8 wins if he traded or picked up a middle tier QB. Sure Bill could’ve been fairly relevant. That’s not Bill. When he let Brady go he decided not to enter into the free agent market. He didn’t offer contracts to his own to keep them. He made his phone calls to players on the fence about opting out. Sit out this year. Don’t worry about it. So NE sucks on purpose. Bill is not going to be mired into 5-6 years at 8-8. Let’s suck this year. Get a top draft choice. Get a franchise QB. Get a boat load of cap space and draft high this year. Don’t think this is a fluke. This is a plan. Prove me wrong in 2 years when they again are a 9-10-11 win season. Let’s see if he really is the mad genius. That said Buffalo blows them off the field Sunday. Watch and see. Once they lose this game at 2-5 you’ll nod your head and say, “Dueces, you are the man.”

W.C.Fields