Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 Native American $1 Coin & Currency Set (19NR) ($15.95, On sale now.)

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 15, 2019 10:13AM in U.S. Coin Forum

After a two-year hiatus, the $1 Sacabuck (actually Native American) Coin and Currency set is back for 2019. It will be available July 24@Noon...

2019 Native American $1 Coin & Currency Set (19NR)

$15.95
Mintage Limit: 50,000
Product Limit: 50,000
Household Order Limit: 2

The Sacabuck will have an Enhanced Uncirculated finish, and the $1 FRN will start with "1959", to correspond to the launch year of the Agena spacecraft shown on the reverse of the Sac.

Here's a history rundown of the first three sets...

DateMintagePriceDiscussion Link
201450K13.952014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (TA9)
201590K14.952015 American $1 Coin & Currency Set (15RA)
201675K14.952016 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (16RA)

This makes the third or fourth product that could be a stocking stuffer this year...

I'm in for 2...

---- Original post ----
This set made it onto the product schedule for July 24. No other details.

2019 Native American $1 Coin & Currency Set (19NR)

Price set (on 6/19) at $15.95.

July 2 Update: The Mint has confirmed the Sacabuck will be an enhanced uncirculated version, with a product limit of 50K. The $1 FRN will begin with "1959". There will be an initial HHL of 2.

This set has been on hiatus for two years, probably due to the Enhanced and Reverse Proof sets issued in 2017 and 2018.

This set has typically been an enhanced proof uncirculated Sacabuck with a special $1 FRN. Product limits have varied wildly from year to year. I expect this one to be in the 100K range.

Edit: They're enchanced uncirculated, not proofs.

Comments

• axelrichaxelrich Posts: 43 ✭✭

Can you post the image mate, as the link has no image.

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@axelrich said:
    Can you post the image mate, as the link has no image.

We probably won't get images or more details (like the serial numbers on the FRN) on this until the first or second week of July.

If you want to see representative samples of prior years, do a search on "american $1 coin and currency".

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

2014:

2015:

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2019 8:54AM

Those were good looking coins. Lots of packaging issues with the dollar bill on the first one, as I recall.

edited June 19, 2019 7:13AM

Pricing set at $15.95 per the FedReg.

Not bad. I thought it would cost more...

edited July 1, 2019 10:27PM

Coin World is reporting this set will have an Enhanced Sacabuck, A $1 FRN beginning with "1959", and a product limit of 50K.
    There will be an initial HHL of 2.

“1959” Agena Launch

• TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

Always worth the chance I'll get a Star note, the last time I got a star note was the 1997 Botanical Gardens set that was supposed to get a note from the Virginia Fed Bank, instead it was from New York. It's the only reason I didn't break up the set for the nickel. I have never checked what it would be worth. Has anyone here received a star note by accident in one of these set's?

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.

Still looking.

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

US Mint site is updated with product pictures and details...

@DotStore said:

$15.95

$13.95 for a trifold cardboard. The other two dollars for a coin and note.

:D:)

Guess I am going to get some. ;)

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2019 2:46PM

50,000 mintage should be interesting. That was the mintage of the 2014 Sacs w/ enhanced finish. Also, lowest mintage of the first three years of Coin and Currency series.

I remember getting caught up in this frenzy in 2014. As a buyer. The two major draws with the 2014 run, aside from the perceived rarity of 50,000 minted, were the SP70 grades; very few were graded at 70, and there was also a reported missing letter edge per article in Coin World Weekly.

I still have an unopened box of 10 sets from the 2014 run, and managed to pick up a SP70 graded for $30 at a local auction.

Yeah, I'll be in for (2) sets.

• fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

I think I am sitting on 3 unsealed boxes of ten. The ATS label could help account for the $30 price on your SP70. :blush:

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
    edited July 4, 2019 4:49PM

@fox9487 said:
    I think I am sitting on 3 unsealed boxes of ten. The ATS label could help account for the $30 price on your SP70. :blush:

No. The bulk of collectors I run into at local auctions, or, at the coin club don't drink any particular brand of kool-aid. This forum, and others are not a microcosm of the hobby. It could be I just got a good deal...really.

@DotStore said:

Yep. Imagine that. Updated on a national holiday.

OP updated with links to past sets.

@PocketArt said:
    50,000 mintage should be interesting. That was the mintage of the 2014 Sacs w/ enhanced finish. Also, lowest mintage of the first three years of Coin and Currency series.

I remember getting caught up in this frenzy in 2014. As a buyer. The two major draws with the 2014 run, aside from the perceived rarity of 50,000 minted, were the SP70 grades; very few were graded at 70, and there was also a reported missing letter edge per article in Coin World Weekly.

I still have an unopened box of 10 sets from the 2014 run, and managed to pick up a SP70 graded for $30 at a local auction.

I've got an unopened box of 5. Doesn't everyone? :D (I also have a crapload of opened sets, was playing the S/N game...)

I tried to grade a few. All came back SP69. Grrrr....

As noted in last post, thread links to the 2014, 2015 and 2016 sets have been posted in the OP.

• cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭

With that reverse, the first thought that came to mind was "more is less"

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY

On sale today at Noon! Be there or... save your $32...

50K mintage, 2HHL. 25K orders. (At $15.95, will anyone order just one?)

These have historically been popular, and with mintage back down to 50K, it may sell quickly...

This might be fun.

Let see if this goes unavailable before the weekend.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Enhanced and only available in this set." Those are the magic words to push this into a sellout frenzy. Ladies and gentlemen, please start your engines!

@Onastone said:
    "Enhanced and only available in this set." Those are the magic words to push this into a sellout frenzy. Ladies and gentlemen, please start your engines!

Agree. There is going to be a registry feeding for the 70s.

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

So bottom line is add another product to the early morning checklist? :)

Thx for the heads up - I would have overlooked this one until it was too late.

I am in for 2.

@DotStore said:

@Hemispherical said:

So bottom line is add another product to the early morning checklist? :)

Now that the first rocketship product is sold out I have a vacancy for another.

LOL :)

That was easy.

USM068863xx

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

USM068868xx in for 2. 0 problems

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2019 9:02AM

Quick order for 2, USM068864xx. No problems.

Done. 2 on the way.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fastest ever for me USM068863xx, in for 2. I was in and out in about 20 seconds.

Got 2 @12.00 USM068869XX

Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.

Purchased two- smooth. USM068865XX

• CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

As a complete sucker for coins, space, and physics equations on coins, I ordered my 2 and hopefully I can order some more when the limited is removed.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

My internet went out at 2 minutes to go. NO 💩💩💩💩💩💩!!!! I had to order through my phone. Probably 5-10 minutes in best I could do. I did place 2 orders of 1.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lightning fast in & out for 2 sets at 12:10...68881xx

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

The other thing I neglected to notice with this new set is that it sorta completes the run of the mints for the Native American enhanced uncirculated dollars. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we now have 2014-D, 2015-W, 2016-S and 2019-P enhanced uncirculated dollars.

@BackroadJunkie said:

The 2014 set cost $13.95, and the 2015 and 2016 sets cost $14.95.

• tincuptincup Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

I placed 2 in the cart to purchase... then decided not to.

To me, horrible design. Looks like a bunch of items just thrown onto the coin; a total confusion to me. And the gal in the foreground... who is she? and why is she so unhappy and grimacing so painfully?

The only reason I was tempted to buy was possibly a flip,... but think I will pass on that.

----- kj
  • tincuptincup Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

But good luck to those who are going for a flip... or just enjoy the pleasure of collecting.

----- kj
  • coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

that was quick with free budget shipping, 6889xxx

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:
    I placed 2 in the cart to purchase... then decided not to.

To me, horrible design. Looks like a bunch of items just thrown onto the coin; a total confusion to me. And the gal in the foreground... who is she? and why is she so unhappy and grimacing so painfully?

The only reason I was tempted to buy was possibly a flip,... but think I will pass on that.

Very low risk at 30 bucks. Cook a pizza at home instead of ordering out 1 time and you're breaking even.

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:
    The other thing I neglected to notice with this new set is that it sorta completes the run of the mints for the Native American enhanced uncirculated dollars. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we now have 2014-D, 2015-W, 2016-S and 2019-P enhanced uncirculated dollars.

there is a 2017-S enhanced sac in the 2017 enhanced uncirculated set

@JimTyler said:
    My internet went out at 2 minutes to go. NO 💩💩💩💩💩💩!!!! I had to order through my phone. Probably 5-10 minutes in best I could do. I did place 2 orders of 1.

I feel your pain. 45 minutes before the Pride of Two Nations went on sale, I had a complete power outage. Spent the next 30 minutes installing the Mint App on my phone, making sure I could log in...

And as I was checking out, my power came back on, smh...

@ernie11 said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

The 2014 set cost $13.95, and the 2015 and 2016 sets cost $14.95.

Yeah, I know. Check the OP. The complete history is there.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in for two.

Many happy BST transactions
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in for one set USM068906XX

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

So far....
    From Bullsitter's lowest order number reported (6886300 (using 00 for the 2 x's) to Echoe's highest reported order number (6890600) there has been 4,300 orders. Most report here getting 2ea. 8,600 sets in the first hour and a half, approximately. Not an instant sell out but a good showing. Once the TV buyers numbers are included in first day sales surely to be reported in one of the coin blogs later today or tomorrow my estimate is 18,000 to 24,000 sets sold.

Any other guesses?

• cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

USM06891959 at about 12.30 haha actually it was a couple dozen more than that give or take.

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

USM068915xx at 1022 AKT (27 mins ago)
    Duces In and Out BAM!

Per Kudbegud, that puts it at ~5200 orders or ~10400 sets potentially.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

@GRANDAM said:
    Put the date back on the obverse where it belongs,,,,,,, this date on the edge is STUPID!!!

I also agree, further more put all the information on the edge back on the coin, they can put Scrolls and Stars on the edge of they don't want a smooth edge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file