Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2015 American $1 Coin & Currency Set (15RA)

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
Let the speculation begin! image

American $1 Coin and Currency Set

One month from today. Can't find any further details anywhere...

Comments

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Enhanced........
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to see the OGP. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low Mintage of special coin or no go .......
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Let the speculation begin! >>

That's the majority of the fun! image
    A reverse proof Sacagawea perhaps?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made from a material Each tribe used in trade!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Image up on site, zooming in shows new native american dollar with $1 bill,

native american dollar sure looks like an enhanced unc.......
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Given the 17K mintage of the Presidential reverse proofs, 50K isnt so attractive anymore.

Of course last year the C&C set sort of snuck into the sunlight. With this 2015 edition there will
    be full disclosure .

A totally different ballgame.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Looks like last years issue was 50K.......hmmmm
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like last years issue was 50K.......hmmmm

Yup, and since they sold out, it's no telling what the Mint will do with this year's issue.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Coinnews has release details:

2015 American $1 Coin & Currency Set Product Information Revealed

$14.95 (increase of $1 over last year)
    Production Limit: 90K
    Household Limit: 5

The coin will be an enhanced finish NA dollar pressed at West Point. Apparently the FRN will still be a 2013 New York note that starts with 911, "...In honor of the Mohawk Ironworkers recovery efforts following the collapse of the World Trade Center twin towers in 2001."

Edit to add FRN info.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    90,000 makes it a yawn.....
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Yawn)
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Well if you like to collect the NA $ designs this is probably one of the most interesting ways to do it.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    Now that is just low. The mint stooping so low as to make money off the fallen hero's of 9/11.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy my limit but will not go out of my way to get more. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

<< <i>Now that is just low. The mint stooping so low as to make money off the fallen hero's of 9/11. >>

The Mohawk Ironworkers (the subject of the NA coin), were *not* the fallen of 9/11. They helped to build the WTC, and were of tremendous help in the recovery after the attack.

Anniversary of 9/11 Felt by Indian Construction Workers
  • Options

<< <i>I'll buy my limit but will not go out of my way to get more. image >>

This. Won't even get them graded.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Now that is just low. The mint stooping so low as to make money off the fallen hero's of 9/11. >>

The Mohawk Ironworkers (the subject of the NA coin), were *not* the fallen of 9/11. They helped to build the WTC, and were of tremendous help in the recovery after the attack.

Anniversary of 9/11 Felt by Indian Construction Workers >>

I wish they would have put a few more "sticks" in those tipis.
  • Options
    So these are being struck at the West point mint. I wonder if there is a chance a gold planchet could find its way to the production line. That would be interesting.
  • Options
    duplicate.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    first spouse are the same diameter!
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>first spouse are the same diameter! >>

I hope the production lines are close together.image
  • Options

<< <i>

Thank you for clearing that up. I'm just torn on the losses from that date. I probably should have read about the coin before ranting on the mint.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thank you for clearing that up. I'm just torn on the losses from that date. I probably should have read about the coin before ranting on the mint. >>

No problem, I'm not sure anyone really pays attention to what's actually on a NA dollar these days. image

I included the quote because 9/11 has as much to do with a $1 FRN as Lewis and Clark did last year.

The Mint needs a better product development department.
  • Options
    Drives me crazy. I get a remind me message before the actual product gets on the website...

(Edit to add, it was a News Release, not a remind me message...)

2015 American $1 Coin and Currency Set

Sales starts 9/16/2015, Noon ET.
    Production of this set is limited to 90,000 units.
    Household limit: five units per household.

<< <i>WASHINGTON - The United States Mint will accept orders for the 2015 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (product code 15RA) starting on Aug. 24 at noon Eastern Time (ET).

Priced at $14.95, this set includes a tri-fold presentation folder that holds one enhanced uncirculated 2015 Native American $1 Coin--available only in this set--and one $1 Series 2013 note from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

Native American $1 Coins have reverse (tails side) designs that celebrate the important contributions made by Indian tribes and individual Native Americans to the history and development of the United States. The reverse of the 2015 coin features a Mohawk ironworker reaching for an I-beam that is swinging into position, rivets on the left and right side of the border, and a high elevation view of the city skyline in the background. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "$1," and "MOHAWK IRONWORKERS." The reverse was designed by United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program artist Ronald D. Sanders and sculpted by United States Mint Sculptor-Engraver Phebe Hemphill. >>

• Options
    Winner!
    previous release only enhanced sac -
    This one will have the 911 serial # appeal.

Alex
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Winner!
    This one will have the 911 serial # appeal. >>

Not sure how that will drive the demand up to fill the 90k mintage on these.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Winner!

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are kidding.....image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Winner!

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are kidding.....image >>

They might do okay. The 2000 sets (burnished Sacabuck, not enhanced) sold 75K, and they're still about double issue price. (There's an uncirc ASE in that set, though, when silver was $5.)

It's a $12.95 gamble on this sophomore set. (You can always spend the FRN and brassbuck... image )

I'll be in for 5. Maybe a few more if they remove the hh limit, but I'm not going out of my way to pick up extra sets. These were great stocking stuffers last year. image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Winner!

Has potential... with serial # 9112001
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let the speculation begin! image

One month from today. Can't find any further details anywhere... >>

Strange.

Here it is 4 days until this is put up for sale yet...............no pictures.

You think they are trying to discourage "Pre-Sales" which drive price speculation?? image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Or repeating number of 911911. Unless the mint pulls these. Also I believe this is the first time they will be minted at West Point. The 2014 issue seems to be losing ground, but could be because it is just summer.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Let the speculation begin! image

One month from today. Can't find any further details anywhere... >>

Strange.

Here it is 4 days until this is put up for sale yet...............no pictures.

You think they are trying to discourage "Pre-Sales" which drive price speculation?? image >>

The Kennedy C&Ch page is just a placeholder too. That page should have been populated by now.

As I said in some other thread, I wonder if there's a problem at PFSWeb, or the mint changed the packaging for some reason...
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U.S. Mint, one step forward, three steps back.
  • Options
    Gee, pictures and everything!

American $1 Coin and Currency Set 2015

So, it's not the 2015 American $1 Coin and Currency Set, it's the American $1 Coin and Currency Set 2015!

Sales start August 24, 2015, at 12 noon (ET). $14.95.

Honors Mohawk Ironworkers’ contributions to “high iron” construction
    Enhanced Uncirculated Native American $1 Coin minted at West Point
    $1 note from Federal Reserve Bank of New York contains serial number beginning with “911”

Item Number: 15RA
    Mintage Limit: 90,000
    Product Limit: 90,000
    Household Order Limit: 5

• Options
    Should be 50k mintage, stupid mint.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Are these available to the bulk buyers? Will anything be left during the first 30 days of sales for all us small time buyers?

There has to be some sort of "First Day Sales Drama" , there always is.

My guess is Backordered after 8 minutes of sales. Available to ship Oct 1.
  • Options
    The HH limit of 5 should allow us at least 15 mintues image

• Options

<< <i>Are these available to the bulk buyers? Will anything be left during the first 30 days of sales for all us small time buyers? >>

30 days? If these don't sell out in a week, I suspect HH limits will be lifted.

Bulk buyers (afaik) can only buy regular issues from the mint. Their list:

<< <i>Numismatic Bulk Purchase Program (subject to product availability)

Under the current terms and conditions of this program, a discount is applied to all purchases of $5,000 or more. Budget shipping is free on domestic orders. Shipping on international orders will be assessed on each order processed.

First Spouse Gold Coins
    United States Mint Proof Set®
    United States Mint Silver Proof Set®
    United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set®
    American Eagle Gold and Silver Proof and Uncirculated Coins
    American Buffalo Gold Proof Coin
    United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Set™
    United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set™
    America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™
    United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin Proof Set
    >>

With 90K, this'll take a while to sell out. Maybe 30 minutes. image
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I noticed the bottom of the mint's product page for this item says

"Order your 2015 American $1 Coin & Currency Set today."

Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't paid much attention to these issues. So what is meant by 'enhanced'? How is it different from other issues?
    ----- kj
  • Options

<< <i>I haven't paid much attention to these issues. So what is meant by 'enhanced'? How is it different from other issues? >>

Here's an explanation:

2014-D Enhanced Uncirculated Native American $1 Coin Laser Treatments
  • Options
    Available on a pre sale basis on eBay for around $35.00image
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a 90,000 mintage the flippers will over buy and they will be tripping over each other to unload them.
    If there is no backorder delays in two weeks they will be available for less than cost as everyone tries to bail out.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

<< <i>With a 90,000 mintage the flippers will over buy and they will be tripping over each other to unload them.
    If there is no backorder delays in two weeks they will be available for less than cost as everyone tries to bail out. >>

Probably. image The big difference is, these sets are pretty inexpensive, so there won't be the need to pay off a big credit card balance. It's be much eaiser to deal with a bill for $74.95 for 5 of these C&Cu, versus say $1490 for a single gold coin...

This might be a pretty good experiment on how the Presidential Coin and Chronicle sets would have sold if they were in the 90K mintage range.

With a HH limit of 5, it might mean I won't be using them as stocking stuffers this year. I can't remember how many of these I got last year before they put the limits in place.
  • Options

<< <i>With a 90,000 mintage the flippers will over buy and they will be tripping over each other to unload them.
    If there is no backorder delays in two weeks they will be available for less than cost as everyone tries to bail out. >>

Not so sure about your synopsis. 90k is a relative small amount for Mint products, along with the inexpensive price. This should still be a winner, but not as profitable as the 2014.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭

Really? This has a VERY limited downside man!! This is a J6P blue light special! Affordable and limited. Winner, winner chicken dinner.
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping to win the cool serial number lottery
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm hoping to win the cool serial number lottery >>

Me, too, lol

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I will probably just open all mine. No sealed for me on this one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file