Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Native American $1 Coin & Currency Set (19NR) ($15.95, On sale now.)

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector Very nice pics AND awesome edge, too!

@7Jaguars That’s what happens when you get a bunch of people together who just don’t get (CCAC).

@BigA Ouch! Did it get into the “glue?”

——-

So far the $1 coin has been looking good, using 2x/3x mag.

$1 note looks decent when it stays in the display holder. :o

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2019 5:24AM

@BigA Ouch! Did it get into the “glue?

Stuck and not going anywhere except on a trip back to the Mint....I've got some boxes of 10 coming and will put all the tipsy bill items together for a return trip

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

check out how nice the set looks with a stock photo on ebay
    =https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Native-American-1-Coin-Currency-Set/401831890963?hash=item5d8f0c1013:g:foEAAOSwYRJdQbfZ
    going to be a lot of SNAD returns (severely not as described)

once the returns come in, it might be too late for the seller to return them to the mint

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the Mint has a 87.5% reject rate but I found (1) One good one so I guess I am lucky, or they would of jumped to 100% Reject Rate. 87.5 is not to bad right? I mean if you were working for a client I am sure they would not pull your contract. :*

• Options

This is just plain ridiculous.....

• Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭

Both of mine are screwed up also. Tapped them for all I was worth and they did not move any.

Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2019 10:37AM

I think if you can find a good one your in the minority and have a special one! Chances are for every 10 you might get 1 good one. I guess you can keep ordering and keep sending back till they figure it out maybe ( Supervisor) someone should check them off before the leave the assembly line if they even care. Maybe that's the plan job security! Are they a UNION? o:) We all know the Union would NOT put up with that!

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, lessee here.

I got six sets.
    One set was perfect.
    Three sets were slightly off, tapping the edge of the set reseated them.
    One was significantly off center, but the FRN wasn't stuck in the glue, so it was repairable. (You can a get a thin blade between the two layers of cardboard at the bottom of the FRN, and the take a probe and straighten out the FRN. You can do this so long as the FRN isn't in the glue.)

The last set got the FRN into the glue and is unfixable. Back it goes.

So I had a failure rate of 1 in 6. I'll get the last set replaced...

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

Fun fun, the Mint CS says 10 days to two weeks just to get a return shipping label, I was told that they were several days behind in getting shipping labels, the woman I talked with said she had not heard of any problems with this set, I asked her if she had been off the past week, no answer...

Time to shop the Nine offerings for this month, way to much junk.

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure why the difference in quality, but my larger order of 99 came through with only a 11% reject rate. Another 12% were easily repairable. Maybe because they are stacked vertically in boxes of 25 vs horizontally in smaller packages of 10 or less. I would have thought the other way around. :|

Another order coming in today, we'll see how it shapes up. Anyone get interesting S#'s yet?

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2019 1:01PM

Received my first two sets...both dollars badly misaligned. I used a thin butter knife to lightly pry open the glued side, and shifted both notes in place. Luckily, no damage to note. I tamped edge back down- good enough.

I'm still waiting for a return I sent....a carbon spotted "W" cent from mint set. That's been almost two months.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Returning my first batch of two. They look just like Gluggo's.. My other batch is scheduled for delivery on Saturday

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the last shipping label I got from the mint was sent in a e mail the next day. they are mailing them out now?

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

Box of 18 sets. 12 were good, other 6 were not

Half way through checking I decided to check the edge lettering, and noticed both Position-A and Position-B Lettering. I don't know what the distribution was per Position as I didn't look at all of them...

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

The two sets I ordered arrived today. I got lucky, one of the dollar bills was slightly off and I was able to tap it back to its proper position, the other bill was positioned fine.

I DID notice something odd on my bills, but I think currency collectors would not consider these as significant. Sorry I don't have anything to take photos of these, but on both my bills, the serial number in the upper right corner has the last digit elevated compared to the rest of the digits. The serial number in the lower left corner looks normal. It's very slight but I noticed it right away. I have serial numbers G19596442A and G19596443A. Anyone else noticing this on their bills?

• Options
    edited August 1, 2019 1:50PM

That sounds like a gas pump serial number like the last digit in this bill

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2019 2:16PM

@DotStore said:

Yep, similar to that one, a tiny fraction less pronounced than yours.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2019 4:28AM

2 good out of 10 on the list for a return label. I hate returning to the mint had to dispute with my credit card once. Document well. Photos of all returns with slips and picture of box with shipping label and receipt from PO if no receipt ( probably won't get a receipt if no tracking #) take a picture with postal worker holder the box. Update: I was so focused on those dollar bills I didn't notice the big rim cut on one of my two sets where the bill was centered. Now I have one good set out of 10.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:

This MIGHT be the holy grail of all the notes

OMG This is it! Congrats!! I can't think of anything cooler than this serial #. Maybe 19591959...no, this one is tops!

• Options

The first day 2 set (with the HHL) were totally screwed. These are going to be gifts to a couple younger niece and nephew. I’ll let them wack it around.

Had a few that were off-kilter but a few “gentle” bounces set them right. These go to the older kids as gifts.

@Akbeez Congrats on that SN! Going to get some moon $ or a keeper? Glad it wasn’t glueified!

@dotstore You driving a big rig? That’s one heck of tally at the gas pump!

——-

The plastic $1 sleeve for the FRN needs some compression help. Add another layer of packing plastic to the inside fold of the FRN and when closed put back in the paper sleeve and hopefully there is just enough pressure to keep the the FRN from moving. Just a thought for those selling these irascible things of beauty. ;):D:)

• Options

Thanks guys - still in shock to find this SN. Note quite sure what to do with it either. Should it be certified? Or framed with the whole set? I'm not a space junkie (except for space drama/adventures/trekkie), so looking for ideas.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

By the way, these quality issues are absolutely unforgivable. They had these issues a few years ago and supposedly resolved them.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    2 good out of 10 on the list for a return label. I hate returning to the mint had to dispute with my credit card once. Document well. Photos of all returns with slips and picture of box with shipping label and receipt from PO if no receipt ( probably won't get a receipt if no tracking #) take a picture with postal worker holder the box.

I was told the return labels will be for UPS which I questioned as they were delivered by FedEx.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2019 9:18PM

@DotStore said:

it looks like lucky money from the Chinese new year set. 8888 2868 sounds really good in Chinese culture.

• Options

@Akbeez said:
    Thanks guys - still in shock to find this SN. Note quite sure what to do with it either. Should it be certified? Or framed with the whole set? I'm not a space junkie (except for space drama/adventures/trekkie), so looking for ideas.

Good questions. I would, at the minimum, put the $1 into a correctly sized mylar sleeve. Why because of the issue with the the $1 sliding around. Then frame it all together, “1959 to 2019.”

The important part is the $1 so you could raid another set or two to make a perfect Apollo frame. (And you could add a trekkie thing or something...)

—————

@smokincoin said:

Ouch! That is just like the first day of sale (under the 2 HHL) that I received. Going to gift to the young ones to wack around.

• Options

@TurboSnail said:

it looks like lucky money from the Chinese new year set. 8888 2868 sounds really good in Chinese culture.

Correct - I picked up some of the Lucky Money bills, and got a string of "Gas Pump" notes with the last digit up in the air like that...

• Options

@DotStore said:

@TurboSnail said:

Correct - I picked up some of the Lucky Money bills, and got a string of "Gas Pump" notes with the last digit up in the air like that...

Not being a bill or note collector...what the heck is a "Gas PumP" Note?

• Options

@OPA said:

Like old-school mechanical gas pumps when the digits rolled and turned to the next penny. But sometimes they don't always go flush with the other numbers (when you stopped pumping gas). So in the serial number on the picture above, the last digit is turning but is not quite flush with the other numbers yet...

• Options

@DotStore said:

@OPA said:

Like old-school mechanical gas pumps when the digits rolled and turned to the next penny. But sometimes they don't always go flush with the other numbers (when you stopped pumping gas). So in the serial number on the picture above, the last digit is turning but is not quite flush with the other numbers yet...

Thanks for the info.

• Options

Just received one of my boxes of 10 and 9 of 10 have perfectly aligned bills and the other one just needed a tap to center it. BIG difference from my box of two losers

• Options

Received my second batch today. Instead of a 100% rejection rate, it dropped down to 40%.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a mess!

Initially ordered 2 sets on the first day and 3 sets on the second day. Of those, 3 of the 5 were seriously misaligned and would not budge...so back they went today for an exchange of 3 properly aligned sets.

And this was a shame because the notes that went back were from my "home" Fed Bank of New York (B).

Also...can the coin be rotated...because those also seem not to rotate to correct.

• Options

@RichR said:

Also...can the coin be rotated...because those also seem not to rotate to correct.

Use the base of a vibrating toothbrush to the capsule might help to rotate.

• Options

The capsule will easily come apart with a sharp knife to separate it from the inside of the folder.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered one set, it arrived today.
    Happy to say it is in perfect condition.

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭

My two sets arrived with both bills off center. One was fixed by gentle tapping of the holder. The other bill was stuck to the adhesive on the left side of the holder. I was able to gently work my little finger between the two sections of the holder, separating the pieces enough to allow me to grasp the bill and detach it from the adhesive. Once centered, I pressed the holder sides back together.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2019 5:53AM

Just went through my first 20. So far only 2 had bills that couldn’t be tapped back into place.

Bigger problem is the Sacagawea’s. Lots of tiny spots and/or defects in the surface finish. A ton of the sacs have a small scratch over her right eye that I assume would preclude a 70.

Another large problem is the amount of lint in the capsules. See pic for example.

It’s admittedly a small sample, but very few from these would get a 70 from me.

• Options

@Tetromibi said:
    Also found this.

Very nice Radar Note! :)

• Options

Has anybody else removed a dollar bill? They feel thin, light, and smooth...like Monopoly money. Must be the brand new cash feel vs old crumpled notes?

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DotStore said:

@Tetromibi said:
    Also found this.

Very nice Radar Note! :)

Nice... :#

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

Got my last box of 10. Not as good as the previous one. Two bills were fine, two needed a tap or two and they were fine. Six are WAY out of whack.

Oh...you mentioned the Sac's...I forgot there was actually a coin in this set. Guess I should check them out,,, ;)

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just opened my two. Both bills badly offcenter downward.

I see now what happens. The "open" side of the packaging was not sealed down so there was no pressure holding the note in place. Then the note slides up/down/over, and if it moves far enough it gets into the glue.

Mine will go back. Will try again.

BTW, strike on dollars was not great. And the enhancement is totally underwhelming.

• Options

@Tetromibi said:
    Also found this.

Congrat's on the Radar!! What will you do with it?

• Options

@Akbeez said:

@Tetromibi said:
    Also found this.

Congrat's on the Radar!! What will you do with it?

Not sure whether to have it graded or sell as-is. Same with value.

Will sell it at some point.

• Options

@mas3387 said:
    How's this one, any good?

Almost a repeater radar.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file