Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 Native American $1 Coin & Currency Set (19NR) ($15.95, On sale now.)

Comments

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

We need to make "Sacagawea great again" by putting the date back where it belongs!!!!!

She is now less than great because it is impossible to see the date in my Dansco Albulms. I gave up slabbing them years ago,,,,,, except for special ones like the Coin & Currency Sets and Enhanced Finish Sets.

GrandAm :)
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

So @BackroadJunkie, you once explained the Product Limit vs Mintage Limit. In this case it is listed the same 50k for both. I guess I'm still a bit confused. In your OP:

"I expect this one to be in the 100K range."

I guess I interpreted the total mintage of the set/Sac to be 50k. What am I missing?

BTW, thank you for all your informative posts on Mint releases. :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:
    So far....
    From Bullsitter's lowest order number reported (6886300 (using 00 for the 2 x's) to Echoe's highest reported order number (6890600) there has been 4,300 orders. Most report here getting 2ea. 8,600 sets in the first hour and a half, approximately. Not an instant sell out but a good showing. Once the TV buyers numbers are included in first day sales surely to be reported in one of the coin blogs later today or tomorrow my estimate is 18,000 to 24,000 sets sold.

Any other guesses?

Nope. I am rarely correct in WAG's. My feeling is it will go unavailable 48 hours after HHL's are lifted. 50K is still a low number for a Sac, only tied with 2014. It may not matter that there aren't 50K Sac collectors. :D They're still cheap stocking stuffers.

The first day sales with HHL's of 2 on products like this are so artificially constrained that it might reflect the actual collector base, since it's easier to estimate the number of buyers. You won't get true demand until the HHL's are lifted, but we never get those numbers.

2014 was interesting. Took 4 days to sell out. It was reported (by BigA, so if that info's incorrect, blame him :D) that the mint sold 15K in the first two days. The reason it took 4 days, is because no one was really sure the Sac was an special finish Sac until someone got one. That happened on the fourth day at 2:27am (here) and the mint sold out by 9:10am.

I'll be in for a few more tomorrow.

@Akbeez said:
    So @BackroadJunkie, you once explained the Product Limit vs Mintage Limit. In this case it is listed the same 50k for both. I guess I'm still a bit confused. In your OP:

"I expect this one to be in the 100K range."

That was my guess before any details were provided by the Mint. (That's why it's under "original post". I should probably just delete all my previous incorrect guesses. Heh.) Since the Mint so ridiculously over produces these days to ensure anyone who wants one can get one, I was expecting a stupid high number. :)

I was actually surprised when they brought the limit back down to 50K.

I guess I interpreted the total mintage of the set/Sac to be 50k. What am I missing?

No, it's 50K. You're not missing anything,

BTW, thank you for all your informative posts on Mint releases. :)

It's the only way I can easily get facts about a product when it was released. Since I wrote it, it's really easy to find. ;)

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the 2017-S enhanced sac in SP-70 sells in the 20 dollar range, but the population of those is over 200,000

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2019 1:52PM

@BackroadJunkie said:

@JimTyler said:
    My internet went out at 2 minutes to go. NO 💩💩💩💩💩💩!!!! I had to order through my phone. Probably 5-10 minutes in best I could do. I did place 2 orders of 1.

I feel your pain. 45 minutes before the Pride of Two Nations went on sale, I had a complete power outage. Spent the next 30 minutes installing the Mint App on my phone, making sure I could log in...

And as I was checking out, my power came back on, smh...

There’s a Mint app? Oh no, I do not need something to make it easy to order. I am feeding the Treasury too much as it is.

Edit: I am not...

https://www.usmint.gov/news/press-releases/20150715-mint-launches-mobile-application-for-smartphones

• TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

There’s a Mint app? Oh no, I do not need something to make it easy to order. I am feeding the Treasury too much as it is.

I have used the phone app for Android for several years, one problem with this app is the fact you can't change your default shipping method, I found this out with the Pride of Two Nation's set, I had the free loyalty budget shipping and could not change it during the purchase phase of my order, I called the Mint yesterday to check about this and learned that all the features on the website are not available on the phone app.

This needs to be corrected. Anyone from the Mint reading this??

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
    edited July 24, 2019 3:11PM

@Texast said:

I have used the phone app for Android for several years, one problem with this app is the fact you can't change your default shipping method, I found this out with the Pride of Two Nation's set, I had the free loyalty budget shipping and could not change it during the purchase phase of my order, I called the Mint yesterday to check about this and learned that all the features on the website are not available on the phone app.

This needs to be corrected. Anyone from the Mint reading this??

Thanks for the heads-up @Texast.

Went and looked at the reviews. Dismal.

Version History
    V1.0 Initial
    V1.0.3 Last/latest versions

Probably a quick one-year Gov contract to make the app and then no $$ budgeted for IT support.

Sticking with web log-in for now. Almost slows me down enough to re-think a purchase. Almost. ;):#

Never Give Up! 👍

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the HHL lifted after 24 hours? Is there a standard the mint follows that we can count on? I'll be in for more once lifted. Thanks.

@PocketArt said:
    Is the HHL lifted after 24 hours? Is there a standard the mint follows that we can count on? I'll be in for more once lifted. Thanks.

Should be lifted 24h later. Same time next day.

Didn't the Pride sets limits open up 48 hrs later? Thought so but not sure.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

Good point @Akbeez. Well shall find out tomorrow or the next day.

This is the Mint’s FAQ on HHL:

“In cases where we have limited-mintage products (e.g., legislatively mandated or Mint established production or mintage limits), the United States Mint may impose order or household limits. Order limits help us ensure that we provide fair purchase opportunities to the broadest audience possible. As we monitor our products, limits may be implemented, adjusted, or removed at our discretion.”

https://catalog.usmint.gov/faqs-faqcategory-order-payment-processing/payment-processing-charges-order-household-limits.html

Thanks Hemi -- there was a lot more hype with the Prides so understandable if the HHL was maintained longer. Tic Tok

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:

To me, horrible design. Looks like a bunch of items just thrown onto the coin; a total confusion to me. And the gal in the foreground... who is she? and why is she so unhappy and grimacing so painfully?

She is Mary Golda Ross, the first Native American Aerospace Engineer and that is her mathematical equation to leave Earth and arrive on the moon or even to Mars! If you think this is a horrible design, just wait till the Inno Bucks hit.....talk about random items thrown onto coins!!!

• heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭

I’m in for 2 at 12:00 869xx

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    That was easy.

USM068863xx

YOU are lightening fast!!!!! OMG, you had purchased and posted here all by 12:01 !!!!!!! I had my two at 12:02 and that seemed late with #68874.

edited July 24, 2019 4:16PM

@Onastone said:

@tincup said:

To me, horrible design. Looks like a bunch of items just thrown onto the coin; a total confusion to me. And the gal in the foreground... who is she? and why is she so unhappy and grimacing so painfully?

She is Mary Golda Ross, the first Native American Aerospace Engineer and that is her mathematical equation to leave Earth and arrive on the moon or even to Mars! If you think this is a horrible design, just wait till the Inno Bucks hit.....talk about random items thrown onto coins!!!

@tincup

Here’s a good video about Mary Ross (~2 mins):

https://www.usmint.gov/news/inside-the-mint/mint-and-nasa-celebrate-decades-of-coins-and-space#rossvideo

• CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@tincup said:

Was she the first person to derive that equation? It's a pretty elementary equation that any first year undergrad in physics should be able to derive. I don't know for sure, maybe I'm wrong, but I would be surprised to learn that the first person to derive it was in the 1950's or later. All it is is conservation of energy, literally 2 lines.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do you guys use the app ? I enter the website address like any other website on my phone and go to the normal website. No problems

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't seem to be any BIG rush to buy these,,,,, I just ordered (2) sets at 8:15 pm and no back order,,,,,, order is processing.

GrandAm :)
  • TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2019 5:59PM

@JimTyler said:
    Why do you guys use the app ? I enter the website address like any other website on my phone and go to the normal website. No problems

It's a lot quicker in the app to get in and make the purchase. I had used the regular website yesterday after talking to the mint and set my default shipping method for today's order. The fact that I was able to reload the app page at 12:00 grab 2, enter the security code for my Credit Card and confirm the order and out in less than a minute is why I use the app. On the Pride of Two Nation's I took my time and looked for a way to change the shipping I was able to get through in just four minutes after it went on sale. The app is quicker.

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
    edited July 24, 2019 6:49PM

Went and threw another couple in the shopping cart for tomorrow or whenever the HHL is lifted.

This way I can log-in, go straight to checkout, adjust the quantity, and complete the transaction.

Don’t have to fiddle with the product page.

@Onastone said:

@BackroadJunkie said:
    That was easy.

USM068863xx

YOU are lightening fast!!!!! OMG, you had purchased and posted here all by 12:01 !!!!!!! I had my two at 12:02 and that seemed late with #68874.

If you look at the headers in my "order acknowlegement", it was sent at 43 seconds past Noon:

by mta2.email.usmint.gov id xxxxxxxxxx for XXXX@XXXX.XXX; Wed, 24 Jul 2019 16:00:43 +0000 (envelope-from bounce-1313317_HTML-1165097652-104201331-10815542-6831@bounce.email.usmint.gov)

Maybe I just have fast fingers. ;)

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we should find out who initiated the idea of edge lettering & edge mintmarks, who pushed it through, and who authorized it - and make it so embarrassingly uncomfortable for them that they reverse their stupid decision.

(Yeah, well good luck with that, jmski.) :)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Onastone said:

@BackroadJunkie said:
    That was easy.

USM068863xx

If you look at the headers in my "order acknowlegement", it was sent at 43 seconds past Noon:

by mta2.email.usmint.gov id xxxxxxxxxx for XXXX@XXXX.XXX; Wed, 24 Jul 2019 16:00:43 +0000 (envelope-from bounce-1313317_HTML-1165097652-104201331-10815542-6831@bounce.email.usmint.gov)

Maybe I just have fast fingers. ;)

USM068866xy for 2 at the opening bell but not before @BackroadJunkie.

——————————

@jmski52 said:
    I think we should find out who initiated the idea of edge lettering & edge mintmarks, who pushed it through, and who authorized it - and make it so embarrassingly uncomfortable for them that they reverse their stupid decision.

(Yeah, well good luck with that, jmski.) :)

PUBLIC LAW 110–82—SEPT. 20, 2007

Sponsor: Rep. Kildee, Dale E. [D-MI-5] (Introduced 05/17/2007)

‘(C) EDGE-INCUSED INSCRIPTIONS.—
    ‘‘(i) IN GENERAL.—The inscription of the year of minting and issuance of the coin and the inscriptions ‘E Pluribus Unum’ and ‘In God We Trust’ shall be edge-incused into the coin.
    ‘‘(ii) PRESERVATION OF DISTINCTIVE EDGE.—The edge-incusing of the inscriptions under clause (i) on
    coins issued under this subsection shall be done in a manner that preserves the distinctive edge of the
    coin so that the denomination of the coin is readily
    discernible, including by individuals who are blind or
    visually impaired.

HHL lifted.

• mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

1st 99 sets ordered
    xxxx6885

does anyone see these selling out in the next 24 hours?

Put in a couple more orders. I love the loyalty program...

(The orders are two order numbers apart, lol...)

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:

Yes.....warning, I've been wrong in that category for the last 2 years B)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

I can see some of the bigger dealers ordering 5,000 sets or more

@coinpalice said:

Maybe. If this set goes unavailable this week then that is a good thing IMO.

Several UNA products, so far, this summer. Makes things very interesting.

———

Need to prep a few submissions to fill a certain TPGS bottom line. ;)

In and Out

It may take a few days, but I think these will quietly disappear. The 2014's sold out quickly once the new unique enhanced finish was verified.

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Ok...can't argue with 50k...bought some

paying no taxes on coins is a welcome relief

• TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭

In for a couple

• baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

Two set yesterday and three more today. I have all of the previous sets.

Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...

maybe numerator will give a update on how many are left

You mean @nurmaler ?

yeah, very nice person. I sold him some coins once

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been looking for the first day sales for this in several blogs and publications. Coin World, Numismatic News, Mint News Blog, Coin Update News, Daily Coin News, No news yet. Please post this info if you see it before I do.

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered a couple more: USM068980XX

@mas3387

Sep 27, 1959 - nothing specific for that date but the next day:

“September 28: Pictures taken from satellite EXPLORER VI over Mexico at 19,500 miles altitude on August 14, were released by NASA. Picture showed crescent shape of the sunlit portion of the earth and crude cloud-cover image.”

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/Timeline/1959.html

How does the finish compare with a “regular” Sac?

Hard to discern with the color of the insert and coin.

@Hemispherical said:

They are Enhanced for sure. No comparison to “regular” Sac's
    I know, my photo skills are poor. I'm sure someone will post better pic's

@mas3387 said:

@Hemispherical said:

They are Enhanced for sure. No comparison to “regular” Sac's
    I know, my photo skills are poor. I'm sure someone will post better pic's

Thanks!

I was waiting for someone to show and tell. I ordered some more. :)

• WALLEWALLE Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

Ordered my 2 sets Wednesday (2 PM) just received email it shipped.

@Kudbegud said:
    I've been looking for the first day sales for this in several blogs and publications. Coin World, Numismatic News, Mint News Blog, Coin Update News, Daily Coin News, No news yet. Please post this info if you see it before I do.

21,761 sets sold in the first day when orders were limited to two sets per household

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file