Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Native American $1 Coin & Currency Set (19NR) ($15.95, On sale now.)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

After getting different instructions every time I called I made a command decision and put all 9 in a single box/return label. Today tracking shows delivered. I checked instructions on my credit card to dispute and they want a tracking number showing delivered which i now have. So now I wait.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    After getting different instructions every time I called I made a command decision and put all 9 in a single box/return label. Today tracking shows delivered. I checked instructions on my credit card to dispute and they want a tracking number showing delivered which i now have. So now I wait.

Waiting for updates. :)

• Options

@ernie11 said:
    37,282 is the latest sales total.

@ernie11 Thanks for the numbers.

—————

Wonder how many got burned? The trifold are shot. Are they burned, paper recycled, or just straight to the landfill?

Returned FRNs are probably shredded. Those FRNs that get stuck in the glue are a bear to cleanup and useless as a collectible.... use it to get some coffee or with enough of them something stronger (or go during Happy Hour.)

The Sacs in the capsules have potential (if sent for grading) but probably get melted if returned?

—————

Sent a few in for grading (complete OGP.) Excellent Sac grades, but some of the FRNs shifted badly on the return so now coffee money.

Too much of a gamble to get these now. Unless the focus is the Sac coin and the deadline for FS has passed unless you have unopened, purchased before deadline, shipping boxes of these sets.

Here’s a thought.

Some are buying these off the Bay versus messing with the Mint. With the Bay’s guarantee, a bad FRN could get a SNAD and a buyer will get their $ back or replacement from a seller a lot quicker. Plus you only had 7 says (plus extension) to return to Mint.

Need more caffeine.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

Still waiting for my email with the return label.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pf70collector said:
    Still waiting for my email with the return label.

It took 11 days to get mine...Hang in there

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

What's the longest anyone has waited for a return label so far without receiving it? I'm at 10 days since I ordered the return label.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options

@CoinPhysicist said:
    What's the longest anyone has waited for a return label so far without receiving it? I'm at 10 days since I ordered the return label.

I waited 21 days before I received mine in the mail after they told me I wasn't going to get one in the mail and I wil get one emailed. Never got the email. More mistakes than that but I'm tired of thinking about all their mistakes. They now have my return and I put a refund without a CC dispute at 50/50

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@CoinPhysicist said:

I waited 21 days before I received mine in the mail after they told me I wasn't going to get one in the mail and I wil get one emailed. Never got the email. More mistakes than that but I'm tired of thinking about all their mistakes. They now have my return and I put a refund without a CC dispute at 50/50

It took 5 days to get my refund credited after the Mint acknowledged receipt of the return. So, be patient.

• Options

@OPA said:

@JimTyler said:

@CoinPhysicist said:

It took 5 days to get my refund credited after the Mint acknowledged receipt of the return. So, be patient.

5 days would indicate to me a finely tuned machine of an organization. I expected 5 weeks.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

So a mystery package was sent to me by the Mint on Monday. (No shipment notification, nothing in my order history. I just knew about it since FedEx informed me I had a package on the way.) It arrived today (5 days), which for Smartpost is a record.

It turns out it was the replacements for the two C&C sets I sent back. One was perfect, the other...

smh. Patrue, mi Patruissimo. Uncle. I officially give up...

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@OPA said:

@JimTyler said:

@CoinPhysicist said:

5 days would indicate to me a finely tuned machine of an organization. I expected 5 weeks.

I should have clarified it. It took 4 days after they received my return to acknowledge it and an additional 5 days for the credit to appear.

• Options

@OPA said:

@JimTyler said:

@OPA said:

@JimTyler said:

@CoinPhysicist said:

I should have clarified it. It took 4 days after they received my return to acknowledge it and an additional 5 days for the credit to appear.

That’s about what it took for my return if the $50 set.

About 5 days to receive the return shipping label (email), 5 days to acknowledge receipt, and 5 days for refund.

• Options
    edited August 31, 2019 4:22AM

@JimTyler said:

@CoinPhysicist said:

@JimTyler said:

@CoinPhysicist said:

@JimTyler said:

@CoinPhysicist said:

@JimTyler said:

@CoinPhysicist said:

@JimTyler said:

@CoinPhysicist said:

Looks like I will call the mint and request the return label through the mail instead of email from what I have been reading or just keep the damaged notes. Too much aggravation.

• Options
    edited August 31, 2019 4:21AM

Looks like I will call the mint and request the return label through the mail instead of email from what I have been reading or just keep the damaged notes. Too much aggravation.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still waiting for my return label via email. I have called twice and been assured that it is in process...

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

It took 20 days to get an emailed return label, 7 days for the UPS delivery, and 5 days for the refund to hit my cc. OVER A MONTH process.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

@Akbeez said:
    It took 20 days to get an emailed return label, 7 days for the UPS delivery, and 5 days for the refund to hit my cc. OVER A MONTH process.

Ouch! They told me 24 hours for the return label via email. It’s been a week now.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.. what a mess with this issue. Sure glad I emptied my cart and did not follow through with an order on opening day of sales (I did so because of the ugly scrambled design that made no sense to me). I see on ebay the sets are selling for more than issue price... but very little more. Not sure it would be worth the hassle that the many are going through on this. The Mint bombed on this one....

----- kj
  • Options

@mbogoman said:
    Still waiting for my return label via email. I have called twice and been assured that it is in process...

I finally got the email return email ( not label) but My iPad doesn't open the link, they want me to download something. They already have my return glad I didn't wait for the next headache trying to print from the email.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

@mbogoman said:

I finally got the email return email ( not label) but My iPad doesn't open the link, they want me to download something. They already have my return glad I didn't wait for the next headache trying to print from the email.

I got the emailed return label on Sunday. It's all packed and ready to ship back today

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just received my latest order and am happy to report the bills are ALL perfectly positioned in their holders!!!! But there are little pieces of lint or fibers inside the capsules with the coins (on two of them...) the NA coins look fine if you look beyond that.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Latest weekly report has 38,207.

• Options

Today I got the returns received email and my order history shows all as returned. It appears the customer service reps you speak to on the phone is where the confusion begins and ends.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

it should sell out before the end of the year. if it wasn't for all the issues with the frn, it would of sold out by now

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

A follow up on the 8 sets with out of place sticky bills that I requested a return label for....

Decided to trash the return label and submit since the coins looked great. Just got them back and 6 of the 8 came back 70's

I think that worked out fine....and...I got 8 sticky bills to spend

• Options

Got the return label. You have to print it from the UPS website thru an email link.

• Options

@BigA said:
    A follow up on the 8 sets with out of place sticky bills that I requested a return label for....

Decided to trash the return label and submit since the coins looked great. Just got them back and 6 of the 8 came back 70's

I think that worked out fine....and...I got 8 sticky bills to spend

I tried that with the 2014 C&C sets. Sent in 5 perfect looking coins. Got 5-69's. Grrrrr.... (Good thing I had a coupon. :))

Think of the FRN's as an instant $1 rebate on your sets. :D

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Yup....I got a crap load of 69's back with that one so this time I limited my submission to the sticky bill sets...

• Options

19NR 2019 NA $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET......... 38584................ 09/08/2019...Not much happening here.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine if it were the other way around, if the currency was perfectly positioned and the coin was stuck halfway in glue....I think there would be much more anger here in this particular forum!!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

I waited 3-4 weeks for my emailed return label. Sent sets back and waiting for credit.

In the meantime I ordered 3 more sets - got them and first thought they were again mis-packaged, but turned out they are in the sleeve OK but the margins on the notes are terrible - shifted to the left. Oh well....

The three were sequential #s.

To all those who shipped back at their own expense, one customer rep told me if you send the receipt to them you will get a check to cover it.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

Received this in a group of replacements for some of my returned sets. Replacements were not sequential numbers but all in the 700's.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

19NR 2019 NA $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET............... 39124.................... 09/22/2019

Selling a whopping 50 sets per day.

• Options

who would of thought they would still be available for Christmas?

• Options

19NR 2019 NA $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET........... 39344.................. 09/29/2019

Down to 31 sets per day

• Options

these sets might end up being closed out at the end of the year before hitting the 50,000 mark

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    these sets might end up being closed out at the end of the year before hitting the 50,000 mark

End of the year? Try maybe 2021... (The 2016's were on the website until early 2018.)

There were too many cheap inexpensive sets offered this year (the kid's rocketship and (upcoming) C&C set, ornaments, the contrived commems & prints, plus all the Moneyfactory sets, the "W" cents in the annual sets...) In addition, "special" finish coins are no longer "special".

It didn't help they didn't bother with this set in 2017 and 2018. Understandable for 2017, since the coin was in the enhanced set, but an enhanced Sacabuck didn't exist in 2018. discontinuity

The kicker would be the Mint's inability to spot quality control problems this year. The release of this product with the FRN problems was inexcusable.

Ryder needs to be careful. He's going to kill the collector market if he goes insane with products, especially with congress mandating certain coins. (i.e. the innobucks.)

• Options

"The kicker would be the Mint's inability to spot quality control problems this year. The release of this product with the FRN problems was inexcusable."

Totally agree with the above statement. This would have been a sell out. Who knows how many were returned...5k, 10k?

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Question remains of how many sets were destroyed/recycled. Were new sets produced or were they simply scrapped? It would be interesting to know how many are left in inventory.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

These’ll be here for sometime.

• Options
    edited October 2, 2019 12:26PM

@Akbeez said:
    Agreed. Question remains of how many sets were destroyed/recycled. Were new sets produced or were they simply scrapped? It would be interesting to know how many are left in inventory.

Boy, if I didn't post it, I never would have found it. The 2028 Olympic coin article had the info, lol... They're producing replacements. See last paragraph...

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Excerpt from Coin World:

Legislative proposal coming from United States Mint on 2028 Olympic coins

Collectors expressed concern about the condition of the 2019 Native American $1 Coin and Currency sets, many of which had the $1 Federal Reserve note dislodged from its place in the packaging. The Mint’s director of sales and marketing, Matt Holben, said the problem was not the packaging itself, which was produced by an unidentified Canadian manufacturer, but was caused by the way the note’s enclosure was assembled. The sets were assembled manually at the Philadelphia Mint, Holben said. He said not enough hand pressure was exerted to ensure the adhesive made a tight seal. The problem was rectified by employing a hand roller.

The Mint had all of the sets in inventory at the PFS Web order fulfillment center inspected and all defective sets were pulled for destruction. Additional packaging was ordered for producing replacement sets and to fill first-time orders until the maximum authorization is reached.

• Options

Yeah...I read the same article....But then I ask myself....how many $1.00 notes does the BEP have that start with 1959?

• Options

what I meant by my above statement was they would discontinue the sets by the end of the year, over lack of interest, but I guess they don't do that anymore. they used to discontinue certain items years ago at the end of the year like the state quarter spoons, proof sets, etc

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

I wish the mint would do away with these multiple designs each year, decide on a single dollar coin design, and switch to a full bronze coin. The gold dollars tarnish to a fugly color. At least bronze ages nicely over time.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options

Up to over 40k sold...10k to go(most likely less)

19NR......... 2019 NA $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET................ 40052....................... 10/13/2019

• Options

Interesting that there is that much of a demand. The slabbed 70s are not selling for much.

Must be an album filler?

• Options

they have a shot at selling out before the end of the year

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    Interesting that there is that much of a demand. The slabbed 70s are not selling for much.

To be fair, they sold all 50K in 2014 (quick sell-out), 89K in 2015 (on the web site until August 2016) and 51K in 2016 (on sale though March 2017).

They probably would have sold out already if 75% of the people hadn't returned sets this year because of the FRN. That was a real cluster fu... futz.

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Hemispherical said:

To be fair, they sold all 50K in 2014 (quick sell-out), 89K in 2015 (on the web site until August 2016) and 51K in 2016 (on sale though March 2017).

They probably would have sold out already if 75% of the people hadn't returned sets this year because of the FRN. That was a real cluster fu... futz.

I was only considering the slabbed coin. Seemingly low demand, realized sold values are consistently low, therefore, the appetite for collectors appear to be satisfied.

Got my A/B 70s out of that mess.

I actually have/had a few of the $1 1959xxxx FRNs in my wallet... maybe less now, don’t know, don’t care.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file