Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Native American $1 Coin & Currency Set (19NR) ($15.95, On sale now.)

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

10 days & counting. Still have not received my return shipping label from UPS :(

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

The FAQ is no help, but interesting info about "excessive returns".

https://catalog.usmint.gov/faqs/shipping-and-returns/

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

Before your time, I guess...

US Mint to punish excessive returns

• Options
    edited August 11, 2019 2:55PM

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Hemispherical said:

That’s where it’s at!

Would be good if the Mint actually published the offenders.

A good example is what IRS does with offending Tax Practitioners, they publish the disciplinary actions taken. Like the way they phrase the permanent suspensions, as “indefinite.”

https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/disciplinary-sanctions-internal-revenue-bulletin

So those who use a CPA, EA, lawyer, etc., to have their taxes done, do a quick check.

Edit: Oops a bit OT.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Hemispherical said:

Wasn't it the 2017-S Enhanced Mint Set 17xc that caused the big scene with excessive returns? Dealers bought 1000+ then tried to return when customer demand wasn't there. Maybe I'm off an issue or two...could be the G&T speaking...

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2019 5:57PM

I need ☕️

🍸🥃

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    I need ☕️

Awww ya dog -- I saw your first post!! Cheers :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

@Akbeez said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Hemispherical said:

Wasn't it the 2017-S Enhanced Mint Set 17xc that caused the big scene with excessive returns? Dealers bought 1000+ then tried to return when customer demand wasn't there. Maybe I'm off an issue or two...could be the G&T speaking...

Yeah, it was the enhanced set that finally pushed the Mint to put in the rule. Returns were abused before that, but not on the scale of that set.

It was one of the things (HHL's and high mintages were the others) that killed the flip. Flippers no longer have an outlet if sales fails.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to assume no issues from returning a defective product, even if it is a large quantity. Guess we will see.

• Options

@Tetromibi said:
    I'm going to assume no issues from returning a defective product, even if it is a large quantity. Guess we will see.

Correct.

Different story for those that "changed their mind"

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I just called the Mint to check on my returns and was told that I should NOT have put more than 1 order in a box. This is after being told twice that is was OK, hope I get my refunds.

She noted the 3 returns in my file and said they should account for all and issue my refunds.

GrandAm :)
  • Options

@GRANDAM Thanks for letting is know. Hoping for the best.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, and I have 2 old e-mails registered for years that I don't use anymore but still get e-mails from the mint. Twice I asked for them to be deleted and so far they are still active. I asked again today so we will see. WHY do people say they did something when they didn't? (I know,,,,,, they just want to get rid of you)

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I called in my refund almost 2 weeks but nothing so far. I will give it another 2 to 4 weeks and then maybe if it does not come in I will call in again. :(

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

Bought two a couple of days ago. I hope it was not a mistake.

• Options

@pf70collector said:
    Bought two a couple of days ago. I hope it was not a mistake.

If it was a BO then, hopefully, they’ll be fine. We’ll all know after 6 Sep when everyone who ordered the BO sets starts to get theirs. Including me. ;)

• Options

Got my return label via e-mail at Noon today.

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

same here...return label requested on 8/2 & received by UPS on 8/13...(11 days)

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2019 1:36PM

Now I am thinking that these loser bills sets might be good ones to send in for grading since I can remove the bill and just submit the panel with the coin....FS and ER will be limited because of the bill issue, backorder and returns

• 8 days waiting for the return label
  • Options

13 days waiting for return label. Called again today and complained about the wait. BAM - 15 minutes later I get TWO labels!

Then a few minutes ago my replacement order shipped. Looks like the b/o is no longer. Hope these will be fixed!

• Options
    WALLEWALLE Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

I see the mint website has removed the backorder, now available for at once shipping.

• Options
    edited August 14, 2019 2:10PM

I just got my return label in my email now I will repack it up and fill out the form for refund! Whew glad the system works but then the lady answering the phone I could tell she was competent! Now the work begins! :(

I was going to go ahead and buy a handful more just now since Walle said they are available but backed out as I just picked up a few orders from the Mint today on other stuff! And I want to bid on a few other items out there in internet land! :po:) Mama said I can only spend so much per day on my allowance! :(

• Options

@WALLE said:
    I see the mint website has removed the backorder, now available for at once shipping.

Agree. Tracking number already posted for my BO.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, not to derail this return thing...

I ordered two sets, one with the note sliding down into the glue and not able to dislodge and the other perfect.

Anybody perfected the note position correction technique without butchering the cardboard?

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

You say UPS brought your return label? I thought it was supposed to be by mail.

I also called the mint again Monday, I saw told that they were extremely behind in getting labels out and refund / replacement on these sets, I was told that the mint suspended sales on this set after selling approx 32,000 and having so many returns due to the packaging problem. It's sounds like they will be taking care of the customers with issues before putting it back on sale. I don't know if her information is correct but it did make sense. Makes you wonder if it may be better to keep the two I have if the coins don't make it back onto the market, the dollar bill is not what I was buying this for, the coin is what I wanted, I have several cut up sets with only the dollar bill remains. I haven't found a market for the Uncirculated bills.

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2019 10:38PM

@Texast said:

@OPA said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

You say UPS brought your return label? I thought it was supposed to be by mail.

I just want to share that my return Label came through my email today. It was an email from UPS and when I opened the email there was a Print Label button I clicked on and a PFD of my Return UPS Label poped Up and I printed it out. Now it’s all ready to send out Back to the Mints return department.

• Options

"You say UPS brought your return label? I thought it was supposed to be by mail."

Yes...via email from UPS. I believe you have an option when requesting a return...Label either mailed or emailed.

BTW Coin & Currency set is no longer coded as "back ordered" Perhaps they fixed the problem.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still waiting for label, new order was shipped yesterday.

• Options

@JBK said:
    Still waiting for label, new order was shipped yesterday.

Breakdown in communication between PFSWeb and UPS it seems.

• Options

SO after waiting for a return label for 11 days I actually decided to look at the COINS....screw the bill....the coins looked great so these will be submitted after removing the bill.....I'll keep the good bill positioned ones intact

No return needed.....

• Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I have several orders in with the mint and I sent back one of these sets for a replacement. I wonder if they'll ship this set in amongst one of my other orders or ship it separate?

Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajman said:
    I have several orders in with the mint and I sent back one of these sets for a replacement. I wonder if they'll ship this set in amongst one of my other orders or ship it separate?

It is my experience they always ship orders separately. Cleaner and easier accountability that way.

I ordered a single set today which should be the new ones. Previous order of two sets both had the bill slip.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

New order from 8/15 delivered today. Pretty fast shipping. Yes, it probably a new one or they instituted a QC check before shipping. This one is perfectly aligned. Not a special serial number

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:
    10 days & counting. Still have not received my return shipping label from UPS :(

18 days and counting

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

19NR 2019 NA $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET 34,882

• Options
    edited August 20, 2019 4:40AM

@JimTyler said:

@OPA said:

18 days and counting

15 days here.....

Edit: Just arrived! Mute point since I already submitted the coins and cut out the bills which, by the way, all have sticky glue residue on them that has to be removed before putting them next to other bills.

They NEVER would have been able to be shifted back into place...they were STUCK

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BigA said:

@JimTyler said:

@OPA said:

18 days and counting

15 days here.....

In a similar boat. I called yesterday to confirm that my return was initiated. They had a record of the date the return was requested and the number of labels required. The rep said they were behind in sending them out due to some defective products...

You'd think the label would be electronically generated and could be instantly available. I wonder if they're intentionally staggering the return labels in order not to overwhelm the return department.

• Options

....and what happened to being able to print the label right from the orders page? Definitely trying to make it a pain to return anything

• Options

Here’s a thought.

Running out of $ for returns for the quarter or however they fiscally manage their “allotment.” Therefore, the need to “spread-out” the returns.

End of thought.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:

You'd think the label would be electronically generated and could be instantly available. I wonder if they're intentionally staggering the return labels in order not to overwhelm the return department.

That was my thought as well.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

After 21 days waiting for my return label I called the mint and they passed the buck. They told me I never specified the method I wanted the label sent to me. In my parole agent voice I told them I was never asked to specify the method I wanted my return label sent, I was told it's coming in the postal mail. Continuing in my spine curling voice I asked why am I being told that now, I've called twice since my original call ? She said she can't speak for previous customer service agents. Apparently I was never going to get my label until someone there got smart enough to ask me what label I wanted. I asked what's quicker ? She said email. I said fine I'll be calling back in a week if I don't have it. I've returned twice to the mint over 40 years and both have been a cluster buck.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just received my 3 replacement sets back from the Mint; all perfectly aligned. I ate the return shipping costs so as not to wait too long and have replacement product run out.

Returned 3 NY Fed Notes and got 3 Chicago Fed notes back.

• Options

Got my replacement (re-ordered) sets today. First two I looked at were out of place again. One easily tapped into place and the second was missing the glue altogether! The note was moving freely in the packaging, but not damaged. All the rest were correctly aligned. Looks like they are adding another foam spacer inside to hold the set tighter together.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Just received my 3 replacement sets back from the Mint; all perfectly aligned. I ate the return shipping costs so as not to wait too long and have replacement product run out.

Returned 3 NY Fed Notes and got 3 Chicago Fed notes back.

Still waiting for my replacement 3 sets. They better not be crooked....... :#

• Options

My BO arrived and all is good. :)

The Naxion survey I received this week was not so kind. Mentioned the issue with this set and other things. :|

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was on vacation when my day 1 order of two sets arrived. Both notes were horribly misaligned. I am waiting for the return label (requested 4 days ago)

• Options

Excerpt from Coin World:

Legislative proposal coming from United States Mint on 2028 Olympic coins

Collectors expressed concern about the condition of the 2019 Native American $1 Coin and Currency sets, many of which had the $1 Federal Reserve note dislodged from its place in the packaging. The Mint’s director of sales and marketing, Matt Holben, said the problem was not the packaging itself, which was produced by an unidentified Canadian manufacturer, but was caused by the way the note’s enclosure was assembled. The sets were assembled manually at the Philadelphia Mint, Holben said. He said not enough hand pressure was exerted to ensure the adhesive made a tight seal. The problem was rectified by employing a hand roller.

The Mint had all of the sets in inventory at the PFS Web order fulfillment center inspected and all defective sets were pulled for destruction. Additional packaging was ordered for producing replacement sets and to fill first-time orders until the maximum authorization is reached.

• Options

Thanks for the update @BackroadJunkie

Wonder if anyone asked if the coins and FRNs were destroyed, too?

FS cutoff is 23 Aug for the enhanced Sacs C&C set and the current (as of this post) graded pops for both the As and Bs is 302.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

37,282 is the latest sales total.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

Got burned with my two I ordered, after they knew the problems. Asked for a return label. Said they would send it via email. We shall see.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file