Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC) (SOLD OUT! )

Comments

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2017 7:08PM

I have been buying the PCGS SP70FS Enhanced Nickels.

I have like 31 pcs or so now.

$10- $12 ea or less seems like a good deal to me.

I have gotten them as low as $7.77 shipped,

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why no numbers today...???

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Wow. There were so many EU sales to count that there's a delay in the production data.

The last time they missed a deadline (that is, Tuesday, not the 5pm ET they claim) we got no sales data at all for the week. They claimed it was gone and irretrievable.

• Options
    edited October 18, 2017 4:46AM

@BackroadJunkie said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Wow. There were so many EU sales to count that there's a delay in the production data.

The last time they missed a deadline (that is, Tuesday, not the 5pm ET they claim) we got no sales data at all for the week. They claimed it was gone and irretrievable.

how odd. How could it be irretrievable? Sales are recorded somewhere. I just don't think they want to go back and look them up...although the computer should do all the work.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

how odd. How could it be irretrievable? Sales are recorded somewhere. I just don't think they want to go back and look them up...although the computer should do all the work.

I did a cursory search, but couldn't find the reference. It was the April 9, 2017 report, coincidentally the first report showing how the 2017 American Liberty Gold Coin sold. :wink: It was the only report missed by the mint since they started publishing the numbers.

• Options

198,719. Numbers are out

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    198,719. Numbers are out

+1,586 over last week.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even the ebay auctions are scavenging off other ebay auctions

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2017 9:54AM

Coulda been better, could a been worse....

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC)
    DateNumber soldNet IncreaseComment
    First 8 weeks deleted
    10/8/2017197,1332,739
    10/15/2017198,7191,586
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Coulda been better, could a been worse....

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC)
    DateNumber soldNet IncreaseComment
    First 8 weeks deleted
    10/8/2017197,1332,739
    10/15/2017198,7191,586

3 months till a sell out :*

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

Full PCGS SP70 sets continue downward, one going for $118 with free shipping yesterday.

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@mustangmanbob said:
    Full PCGS SP70 sets continue downward, one going for $118 with free shipping yesterday.

Yikes, glad I didn't buy a graded set.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options

@mustangmanbob said:

Really depends on the label. Sets sold from $108 to $280 yesterday.

• Options

Probably go higher today and tomorrow with the ebay bucks.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

• Options

@bestday said:

3 months till a sell out :*

They need something for Christmas...

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might take longer than 3 months if weekly sales continue declining.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

They aren't so much declining as jumping around. No clear trend

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

I think that was due in large part to returns, though. As the returns trickle down, the sale numbers should be more consistent going forward. This week was a little note than half of last week's total.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2017 1:44PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

I think that was due in large part to returns, though. As the returns trickle down, the sale numbers should be more consistent going forward. This week was a little more than half of last week's total.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

I think that was due in large part to returns, though. As the returns trickle down, the sale numbers should be more consistent going forward. This week was a little more than half of last week's total.

You can't make a trend it of two data points. If net week is 2500 that means what? 5k next week?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

You can't make a trend it of two data points. If net week is 2500 that means what? 5k next week?

I guess we'll soon find out...but if I were a betting man, I'd bet on a general decline over time in sales.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

I guess we'll soon find out...but if I were a betting man, I'd bet on a general decline over time in sales.

If you look at a lot of the mint products, the do decline over time but with s lot of noise. Look at the weekly sales on proof or mint sets.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

If you look at a lot of the mint products, the do decline over time but with s lot of noise. Look at the weekly sales on proof or mint sets.

That is what I expect to happen, also, with these. The point being made was they may take 3 months to sell out~my response was that they may take even longer than that.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

That is what I expect to happen, also, with these. The point being made was they may take 3 months to sell out~my response was that they may take even longer than that.

May take longer. May take less time. Again, it requires we know what the actual trend is. It's not impossible for it to be at 3,000 next week amidst the oscillations.

• Options
    edited October 19, 2017 1:04AM

Edit: Whoops! Wrong thread!

• Options

6 months until a sellout

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    6 months until a sellout

My prediction is actually 4 months.

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭

No sellout ever! For sale into 2019 and finally pulled.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

One more for me today!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2017 9:26AM

BREAKING!!!

• Options

@nurmaler said:
    BREAKING!!!

Yeah, well, we been there before. :wink:

• Options

OK. That's weird. Sales to date were 198,700 on Sunday. Did someone place a big order or are they calling a sellout at 205,000-ish?

Inquiring minds want to know!

• Options

@nurmaler said:
    BREAKING!!!

Thanks for the update, nurmaler!

• Options

Let's take up a collection and buy the last 7000! :wink:

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Let's take up a collection and buy the last 7000! :wink:

I’ve got $30

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@nurmaler said:
    BREAKING!!!

As always, many thanks for the update.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this the last we'll see of the "enhanced" coinage for awhile? What other gimmick will they come up with next? Has there been an enhanced proof? Or an enhanced reverse proof? The one gimmick I never really liked was the edge lettering. Hmmmm, that's it, the next gimmick will be enhanced edge lettering!!!!!!!!

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    OK. That's weird. Sales to date were 198,700 on Sunday. Did someone place a big order or are they calling a sellout at 205,000-ish?

Lots of flawed returns will lower the available ones for sale...205-ish appears to be the final sold count for this item.

• Options

@OPA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Lots of flawed returns will lower the available ones for sale...205-ish appears to be the final sold count for this item.

It's possible. That is one possible outcome. If so, this will be sold out before Christmas and probably $50 by next year. If they find the other 20,000....well then it won't sell out until April or so and then it'll be a long time before the value is discovered.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2017 5:47PM

Ooops

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

One more on the way, shipped!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

4 more on the way.

• Options

Bump.

This is just starting to get interesting again. If there are truly only 7400 left till sell-out, it should make it by Christmas and then we'll see how the secondary market develops over 2018.

• Options

There are almost 20,000 sets not showing in that inventory.
    Plus I was burned last time assuming that inventory was the end-all-be-all -- not again.

~20,000 sets don't show in inventory.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

At this point in time I can't see how 20k sets would not show as being potentially available if they did exist. I understand the returns and cancellations thing but, almost 3 months after issue, don't you think any sets that would be available would be already minted and waiting?

• Options

Then go off sales

~27,000 from last week

Those mystery sets did not show last time I was burned.

There was a quarterly inventory at the end of Sept. If they don't know totals sales are off by 20,000 then they can't count.

Or there are ~20,000 sets that are simply not in the online inventory.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    There are almost 20,000 sets not showing in that inventory.
    Plus I was burned last time assuming that inventory was the end-all-be-all -- not again.

~20,000 sets don't show in inventory.

I said "if"

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Then go off sales

~27,000 from last week

Those mystery sets did not show last time I was burned.

There was a quarterly inventory at the end of Sept. If they don't know totals sales are off by 20,000 then they can't count.

Or there are ~20,000 sets that are simply not in the online inventory.

It they simply decided not to replace them. Or they will mint them again at a later date. We can't know until they dai something. It is, however, possible that sell out occurs in the 205,000 range and that's it.

• Options

Grabbed 5 sets today, Looks like they will be sold out very soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file