Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC) (SOLD OUT! )

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trubach said:
    Grabbed 5 sets today, Looks like they will be sold out very soon.

I don't know about soon. Still several weeks, at the very least.

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Then go off sales

~27,000 from last week

Those mystery sets did not show last time I was burned.

There was a quarterly inventory at the end of Sept. If they don't know totals sales are off by 20,000 then they can't count.

Or there are ~20,000 sets that are simply not in the online inventory.

It they simply decided not to replace them. Or they will mint them again at a later date. We can't know until they dai something. It is, however, possible that sell out occurs in the 205,000 range and that's it.

No way are they sold out at 205k. There is no way those greedy little pigs will forgo sales of 20,000 sets. No way, no how!!! Just when you think they are all gone they will spring a new glut of them on the market!

• Options
    edited October 22, 2017 10:45PM

@Manorcourtman said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Then go off sales

~27,000 from last week

There was a quarterly inventory at the end of Sept. If they don't know totals sales are off by 20,000 then they can't count.

It they simply decided not to replace them. Or they will mint them again at a later date. We can't know until they dai something. It is, however, possible that sell out occurs in the 205,000 range and that's it.

No way are they sold out at 205k. There is no way those greedy little pigs will forgo sales of 20,000 sets. No way, no how!!! Just when you think they are all gone they will spring a new glut of them on the market!

Maybe, maybe not. The do it all the time - call the sell out early. It depends on whether those other 20k sets exist or whether they have to make them. It's October 23rd and they have other things to do. There's like 10 weeks left in the year. They may not care to re-make them.

And it may not pay to make them again. They don't really make money on these things anyway, so re-tooling for another run may actually cost them more money than they make

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Really?

• Options

@BigA said:
    Really?

Yes, really.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

Now, if all those people would just buy ONE, we'd be sold out....or am I 50,000 of those. :smile:

• Options

Tomorrow's numbers should be interesting...unless Nurmaler is going to tell us there's more than 10,000 available again. LOL.

And we'll also get the numbers on the 4 medal set.

• Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    Is this the last we'll see of the "enhanced" coinage for awhile? What other gimmick will they come up with next? Has there been an enhanced proof? Or an enhanced reverse proof? The one gimmick I never really liked was the edge lettering. Hmmmm, that's it, the next gimmick will be enhanced edge lettering!!!!!!!!

How about a Pink gold half eagle?

• Options

@coinhack said:

@Onastone said:
    Is this the last we'll see of the "enhanced" coinage for awhile? What other gimmick will they come up with next? Has there been an enhanced proof? Or an enhanced reverse proof? The one gimmick I never really liked was the edge lettering. Hmmmm, that's it, the next gimmick will be enhanced edge lettering!!!!!!!!

Shouldn't that be a half flamingo?

• Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf

I suppose it could :)

• Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Manorcourtman said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Then go off sales

~27,000 from last week

You may "eat your words." This item will be sold out before Thanksgiving.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

One more, due here Friday 10/27

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

Grabbed 5, looking to get few more, especially there is free shipping now. Hey, I can always sell them at $30 if needed.

• Options

@nurmaler said:

where did u get it?

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinhack said:

@Onastone said:

Yep. Next year. Should be exciting. (<--- That's sarcasm.)

But the next in line will be the silver reverse proof set. That'll be a bigger product that the pink gold.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2017 4:20PM

I sure hope this sell out I am holdin a bunch of these don't want this to be another Enron or DRYS. I hope my AMD goes up tomorrow don't need another BAG TO HOLD. :'(:s:s

• Options

@nurmaler said:

Thanks. Always appreciate the number.

• Options

@OPA said:

@Manorcourtman said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Then go off sales

~27,000 from last week

You may "eat your words." This item will be sold out before Thanksgiving.

That's fine with me!! I have multiple sets myself!! I'm expecting a surprise from the friendly people at the Mint......

• Options

@Trubach said:

@nurmaler said:

where did u get it?

He's a bulk buyer, he can see the total up to 10,000 remaining.

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭

sold out on Friday

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

• Options

@nurmaler said:

so between yesterday at 4pm and today at 11 they sold 903 sets? Friday may be accurate.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

Sold out deep into 2018

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

There are ~20,000 unaccounted sets that we have no idea how the mint has them in their system.

• Options

I guess we'll find out whether they show up...again

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    There are ~20,000 unaccounted sets that we have no idea how the mint has them in their system.

I'm going with damaged and done. The remaining is what is left and that's it.

D2

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@nurmaler said:

Can you please to check how many of American Liberty 225th Anniversary Silver Four-Medal Set (17XD) still available in stock? Thx

• Options

@Trubach said:

@nurmaler said:

Can you please to check how many of American Liberty 225th Anniversary Silver Four-Medal Set (17XD) still available in stock? Thx

That result will be greater than 9,999.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@dmwest said:

@Trubach said:

@nurmaler said:

Thank you

• Options

@dmwest said:

@Trubach said:

@nurmaler said:

Yup

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

EU sets continue to dip in price as some people blowing out sets in the 31-32 area with free shipping. a sellout and a 205,000 mintage will help out this set

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2017 1:27PM

Numbers were just posted. Big jump. Could be people saw the 2018 schedule and realized this will be a one year set?

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC)
    DateNumber soldNet IncreaseComment
    First 9 weeks deleted
    10/15/2017198,7191,586
    10/22/2017204,7856,066
  • Options
    thevolcanogodthevolcanogod Posts: 270 ✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Numbers were just posted. Big jump. Could be people saw the 2018 and realized this will be a one year set?

I would bet more on people leaving summer hibernation and picking collections back up as the weather turns and realizing there was a special set released this year that’s still available.

• Options
    edited October 24, 2017 1:36PM

I'm not sure if the +6,066 is right or not

slow sales then sales take off?

either way, there are about 20,000 sets not showing up on the inventory.

in fact, looking at the 3,000 showing, and the 204,785, that's about 208,000 which would leave about 17,000 sets with an unknown status.

there is no way they don't mint all 225,000 for sale.

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Numbers were just posted. Big jump. Could be people saw the 2018 schedule and realized this will be a one year set?

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC)
    DateNumber soldNet IncreaseComment
    First 9 weeks deleted
    10/15/2017198,7191,586
    10/22/2017204,7856,066

Something stinks here. Poor accounting practices? Doubt it.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

another thing to point out is there just isn't much good stuff listed for 2018 schedule except the congratulations set, maybe the silver eagle bulk pack and the San Francisco Mint 2018 Silver Reverse Proof Set. the EU set is a dark horse that might just be a big winner

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

in fact, looking at the 3,000 showing, and the 204,785, that's about 208,000 which would leave about 17,000 sets with an unknown status.

Of the sets I returned I very much doubt they will attempt to resale. I returned ones that had that orangish splatter on some of the Sacs. I’ve seen where others had the same thing, so unless they mint them again, I don’t see this set reaching 225k.

D2

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

You are assuming a lot with your comment. I'm willing to wager, that they indeed minted all 225k. Keep in mind, this set had a lot of issues with the "bubbles" forming in the plastic & a return rate of 10-15% would not be unheard of. I for one returned half of my sets for that reason. The Mint under normal circumstances usually mints an additional 2 - 3% to cover rejects (4.5 - 7.75k for this issue). Your missing 17K + 7.75k would equal my guesstimate of flawed returns.

• Options

You are assuming a lot with your comment. I'm willing to wager, that they indeed minted all 225k.

I agree....and also believe that the final figure will be south of 210k

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    another thing to point out is there just isn't much good stuff listed for 2018 schedule except the congratulations set, maybe the silver eagle bulk pack and the San Francisco Mint 2018 Silver Reverse Proof Set. the EU set is a dark horse that might just be a big winner

Surprised @BackroadJunkie didn't start a "San Francisco Mint 2018 Silver Reverse Proof Set" discussion yet
    ;-)

• Options
    EthanEthan Posts: 315 ✭✭

Interestingly enough, I ordered my 5 at release 7 minutes before the sellout. Watched the pandemonium and then a month later ordered 5 more and forgot about it. This weekend the father in law told me that he received paperwork from the mint about this set. You see I had brought him one as I thought he had missed it, turns out he did not miss it and now has two.

This set is interesting and I will be giving one away tonight to a friend from Italy....nothing like a coin set with a story. Like the Gold JFKs so to speak.

My thoughts on it, the penny will be the most valuable, nickle second.....maybe the quarters after that.

Cheers

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

“I want you to remember that no * ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb * die for his country”
  • Options

Nice photos PCGSphoto...but you posted them on the wrong thread...Not interested in medals.

• Options

@dmwest said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Of the sets I returned I very much doubt they will attempt to resale. I returned ones that had that orangish splatter on some of the Sacs. I’ve seen where others had the same thing, so unless they mint them again, I don’t see this set reaching 225k.

D2

those orange spots are on sacs from proof and mint sets, too.

• Options

@OPA said:

@MsMorrisine said:

You are assuming a lot with your comment. I'm willing to wager, that they indeed minted all 225k. Keep in mind, this set had a lot of issues with the "bubbles" forming in the plastic & a return rate of 10-15% would not be unheard of. I for one returned half of my sets for that reason. The Mint under normal circumstances usually mints an additional 2 - 3% to cover rejects (4.5 - 7.75k for this issue). Your missing 17K + 7.75k would equal my guesstimate of flawed returns.

what bubbles?

I ain't heard of no bubbles...

• Options
    edited October 24, 2017 3:57PM

@BigA said:

You are assuming a lot with your comment. I'm willing to wager, that they indeed minted all 225k.

I agree....and also believe that the final figure will be south of 210k

A Wager!

One Dollar....

They sell within 2,250 of 225,000 before they go "sold out"

They will mint to demand up to 225,000 give or take, by a second or third run if necessary.

• Options

The spike could be as simple as the advertising related to the release of the 225th medal set. It seems like every time they do a promo (email, mailing, etc.) there's at least a small spike in sales. That number also isn't that large relative to the weekly sales of regular proof sets (9900 last week) or silver proof sets (3900 last week). Even mint sets sold 3200 sets last week

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

those orange spots are on sacs from proof and mint sets, too.

Sounds like they have an assembly line issue....those orange splashes were noticeable with the naked eye.

D2

Don't quote me on that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file