Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC) (SOLD OUT! )

1596061626365»

Comments

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Glad I did not buy any of the graded ones from HSN I think our favorite host from Home Network ( name forgotten ) was asking ANACS FDOI $495.00 a set when they first came out. Many here warned me about him and I managed to stay away from his sales.

Oh that ....... happy......... guy . Didn't he get his start , years ago, pushing Florida Investment Land to the ignorant masses? Give it a few years he'll be selling First Class Tickets on a 1 way Trip around the Moon.

Hey what happened to good old Joe, the 89 year old geezer Billionaire Guy with the crowd of 23 year old Dancer Girlfriends? Well, he took alll his Girls up on a Trip around the Moon and he expired on the way. The Crew ejected him on the Dark Side of the Moon , per his final wishes. I think the Moon is becoming the ultimate resting place for the money crowd. That TV Guy is hooking everyone up at $500 Mill. Or for only $1,000 he will add your Name to the " Moon Book of Memories". It's nothing but your Name on a cyberspace list. But if People see your name they're supposed to think you're burried on the Dark Side of the Moon. The TV Guy doesn't even sell Coins anymore. He's pushing the Moon Book and becoming a multi Trillionaire, last I heard.

• Options
    mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

@FullStrike you got me thinking about this crap here: https://www.star-registration.com/

and by the way .... "fast shipping" ... ??? on what?? STARS??

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

@Schmitz7 said:
    The way I see it this set is a must for anyone collecting any modern series. You either need the penny, nickel, dime, quarters, half or dollar to keep the set going. Remember the 1996-w dime? These are all S mint non-proof coins in a special finish. Unlike the matte finish nickels from 1994 and 1997 which could also be had from Philly as normal mint state and thus ignored, this one is the first "s" mint Jefferson nickel that is not a proof coin since 1970 and will be the key mint state nickel (2017-s).

Interesting thread. Looking back to when this was written 4 years ago whats happened to the prices for the 10 coin set ? I dont think it went well, Too many coins and too many finishes. Too many specials? Too may finishes. But it might be a key set.

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve seen them recently $19.95- $35.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rooksmith said:

@Schmitz7 said:
    The way I see it this set is a must for anyone collecting any modern series. You either need the penny, nickel, dime, quarters, half or dollar to keep the set going. Remember the 1996-w dime? These are all S mint non-proof coins in a special finish. Unlike the matte finish nickels from 1994 and 1997 which could also be had from Philly as normal mint state and thus ignored, this one is the first "s" mint Jefferson nickel that is not a proof coin since 1970 and will be the key mint state nickel (2017-s).

Interesting thread. Looking back to when this was written 4 years ago whats happened to the prices for the 10 coin set ? I dont think it went well, Too many coins and too many finishes. Too many specials? Too may finishes. But it might be a key set.

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I’ve seen them recently $19.95- $35.

Price is virtually unchanged from the issue price as a set. That alone is an accomplishment for A Mint set.

The set is worth more broken up. The cent and half are each in the $12 neighborhood.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file