Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC) (SOLD OUT! )

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

they do quarterly inventory.

I suppose in a big warehouse things can be misplaced. 14,000 of them might be hard to hide from an inventory crew.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

Sold out I think.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody needs to inventory the website and discover that they are still alive.

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

Any excitement left on these? They are still super cool! :smile:

• Options

@Tookybandit said:

There is tons of excitement, but the mint is squashing it....

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still believe the graded ones will go up in value

• Options

Unch from last week

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tookybandit said:

+1

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

NEGATIVE 3 sales this week.

LMFAO

How can they still be getting returns?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    NEGATIVE 3 sales this week.

LMFAO

How can they still be getting returns?

Someone is sneaking them back in and putting them on the pile of 10k+ they can’t seem to list on the website. Mark it sold or relist the remaining product...it ain’t hard...

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Have these actually been for sale in the past couple of weeks? If not how can the numbers change either way?

• Options

I recently bought 2 for slightly below the issue price.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few left.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BigA said:
    Have these actually been for sale in the past couple of weeks? If not how can the numbers change either way?

Yep. I bought one. On Jan 21.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/11897029/#Comment_11897029

It's conceivable that the returns are from that batch. There were at least 10 for sale when I first saw it, so there might have been more.

Mine is still boxed in OGP. I wasn't planning on opening it. I just hope it isn't an abused return. :D

• Options

Likely abused

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@BigA said:

Yep. I bought one. On Jan 21.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/11897029/#Comment_11897029

It's conceivable that the returns are from that batch. There were at least 10 for sale when I first saw it, so there might have been more.

Mine is still boxed in OGP. I wasn't planning on opening it. I just hope it isn't an abused return. :D

Ok..so it does make sense then.

Kinda like the Clark P puck that will be the lowest mintage puck to date. It has been "currently unavailable" forever and the numbers keep decreasing even though I keep buying as they are dribbled out once or twice a week....it just refuses to say "sold out"

• Options

Just got an email from a potential eBay customer asking about the "2017-S enhanced uncirculated Sacagawea". He wanted to know if it was proof or mint because "S mint coins are proofs".

I only point this out because there are STILL a lot of people who don't know this set exists and don't know what "enhanced uncirculated" means or, probably, looks like.

• Options

it will be at least another 6 months until the dealer supply is gone

• Options
    Rich49Rich49 Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

The 1994-P Matte Finish Jefferson Nickel had a mintage of 167,703, which is derived from the final sales total for the Coinage and Currency Set. Avg prices $40-$74 in SP68 & SP69 and $175-$225 in SP70.I think in the long term The 225's will prove their worth.

photo index.gif

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rich49 said:
    The 1994-P Matte Finish Jefferson Nickel had a mintage of 167,703, which is derived from the final sales total for the Coinage and Currency Set. Avg prices $40-$74 in SP68 & SP69 and $175-$225 in SP70.I think in the long term The 225's will prove their worth.

1994-P Matte Finish Jefferson - current SP70FS pop 73
    2017-S 225th Anv Jefferson - current SP70FS pop 7,482

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Rich49Rich49 Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2018 6:29PM

@dbldie55 Thanks,

Where did you find the 2017 -S info ? I dont see it on the PCGS page it only goes to 2010 D.

photo index.gif

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used the number listed in the registry sets. If you know the PCGS numbers, you can look them up individually.

I too have never been able to find them in the pops.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options

@Rich49 said:
    @dbldie55 Thanks,

Where did you find the 2017 -S info ? I dont see it on the PCGS page it only goes to 2010 D.

I don't know why people are hating on you. It doesn't have to be a $40 coin to make the $30 set worthwhile.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, have these blown through the roof yet?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

@Bochiman said:
    So, have these blown through the roof yet?

Actually, the price remains all but unchanged since issue. That in itself is a rarity for U.S. Mint issues. New red book will probably alert more people to their existence.

For what it's worth, I'm down to 3 (THREE!) raw sets in my possession.

A coin DEALER bought a box of 38 from me this week. Same dealer was buying up bargain SP70 sets last week. So, there may be something brewing with these. I've had an uptick in Sac $ sales lately, the quarter sets remain unsaleable - I've sold one in the last 2 months. I can't really speak to the other coins as I sold out of them weeks ago.

It remains a solid set with a somewhat sullied reputation from the way the whole sale went down. I still expect them to remain solid over the next couple of years and probably go up a bit as the supply overhang finally works itself out.

• Options

I only have 16 sets left. donated several hours of my time shipping these out because of zero profit margin

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    I only have 16 sets left. donated several hours of my time shipping these out because of zero profit margin

I actually netted about $660 on the 290 sets I had...well, the 287 sets I've sold. Not stellar, or quick, but I've had lower profit margins. Coins are not known for their high margins. I've spent $10,000 on gold just to net $300.

• Options
    thevolcanogodthevolcanogod Posts: 270 ✭✭✭

Good to hear some positions drying up of this set less than a year after release. SP70 Kennedy’s and cents still selling strong at $40+ with sacs just behind.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2018 10:34AM

Oh no! Say it ain't so!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaTElBljOE

Final sales: 210,418

• Options
    edited May 8, 2018 10:45AM

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Oh no! Say it ain't so!

hahahaha...and I have the last one..... :) now watch the prices.....drop/rise?

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

The Mint finally remembered.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2018 1:10PM

Glad I did not buy any of the graded ones from HSN I think our favorite host from Home Network ( name forgotten ) was asking ANACS FDOI $495.00 a set when they first came out. Many here warned me about him and I managed to stay away from his sales.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will these things never die? :o

I picked up 2 from the Mint when they first came out. I was happy with them so I kept them.
    Haven't thought much about them since then. I figured I'd buy some bulk quantities when they started selling for just over face (or at least the unpopular denominations)....

• Options

I owe someone a dollar

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    I owe someone a dollar

I’ll take an American silver eagle dollar :)

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

I would too

But that won't happen

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    I owe someone a dollar

I think that is me but you can let it ride....

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

I think I might have a few of these. One day , if I ever dig a few out of my Storage Facility , I'll share my feeling about them.

Didn't these sell out in a few hours? And then didn't they sell out again........ and again...... and again, about 20 times? This is set for the new era of US Mint Floppng. Sort of like an 80 lb Carp flopping around on the river bank after being discarded by elitist Cat Fishermen.

"I aint eatin no Carp. Love me a big Cat though."

• Options

I sold out of raw sets a while ago. I cleaned out Texas Gold & Silver of 69 sets a few weeks ago and that's about all I have other than some scraps from the sets I broke up.

Sold a bunch of slabs this weekend.

Price is pretty much the same as issue price. That alone marks this set as unusual. LOL. I still think it ultimately has legs. If this set doesn't have legs, worry about the hobby. The only 2017-S cent. Only 215,000 minted. If that coin can't hold its value, there aren't too many Lincoln cent set collectors left.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven’t had a chance to read this thread in detail for the past few months, but I believe I know where there is perhaps 500-1000 sealed sets available at around $26 per set (in boxes of 38). Just mentioning it to show that there is still inventory overhang on this product. Perhaps these types of positions will finally close out later this year. Just my two cents. Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last reported sales total was 210,425.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2018 7:18PM

@wondercoin said:
    I haven’t had a chance to read this thread in detail for the past few months, but I believe I know where there is perhaps 500-1000 sealed sets available at around $26 per set (in boxes of 38). Just mentioning it to show that there is still inventory overhang on this product. Perhaps these types of positions will finally close out later this year. Just my two cents. Wondercoin.

Any predictions about the upcoming Reverse Silver Proof Set? I'm especially curious about a possible day 2 sell out followed by Mass Returns.

What a bummer that would be. Deja EU all over again.

• Options

@FullStrike said:

Any predictions about the upcoming Reverse Silver Proof Set? I'm especially curious about a possible day 2 sell out followed by Mass Returns.

4 month sellout.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

I thought, with the Silver Reverse proof set coming out today, I'd bring this thread back to the top....

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

Sooooooo....

How are these things doing now?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    Sooooooo....

How are these things doing now?

Below issue price in most cases as most predicted.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

$1,000,000 a box

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    edited September 22, 2018 4:58PM

Actually, the retail price has remained almost identical for a year. It's weird. You'd expect it to go one way or the other.

Still about a $30 set raw. Wholesale bid is about $24.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file