Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC) (SOLD OUT! )

Comments

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    But this should be post 2000 in this thread... :smiley:

Hat's off to you sir,
    Thank you so much for your effort with my favorite threads on the boards!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:

set sold 4,000 in a month ..LOL big money passed on this one

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bestday said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

set sold 4,000 in a month ..LOL big money passed on this one

Correction: sold NET 4,000 in a month. It's the returns that have been killing it.

• Options

If BestDay is right and "big money" passed on this set...(although all the Big Money guys seem to have plenty of inventory)...then 200,000 sets in private hands bodes well for the set down the line.

[Note: I just think BestDay is wrong. Big money bought a lot of these sets. Big money bought MORE of these sets than they did the Limited Edition silver set. There were just more of them to begin with. ]

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    If BestDay is right and "big money" passed on this set...(although all the Big Money guys seem to have plenty of inventory)...then 200,000 sets in private hands bodes well for the set down the line.

[Note: I just think BestDay is wrong. Big money bought a lot of these sets. Big money bought MORE of these sets than they did the Limited Edition silver set. There were just more of them to begin with. ]

Some forum members plucked down for over 2,000 sets ... hardly deep pocket types to hold .. those are just hoping for a price rise .......hoping price does not 1st decline
    Set ,a no sellout after nearly 3 months on market ......sales chugging along at 4,000 a month ..LOL
    Ya answered your own .. More sets available ..
    Still nary a set offered on BST ... the kiss of goodbye for the set

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2017 12:02AM

@bestday said:

Items that are still available from the Mint generally do not show up on the BST.

Don't know about "big money", but I would guess quite a bit of "medium size money" is putting away small multiples of this set (maybe a few dozen) for possible price appreciation. And then there are those who are just now discovering this set and buying one each for their collections. 4000 a month is greater than zero. And Christmas stocking stuffer time is coming up.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

I'm still in for one more on the 19th, if it makes it...

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some lucky poster will post on #2017....no cheating Backroadjunkie, but that post should be the important one here, and maybe even be a special enhanced posting!!!!

• Options

@Onastone said:
    Some lucky poster will post on #2017....no cheating Backroadjunkie, but that post should be the important one here, and maybe even be a special enhanced posting!!!!

@Overdate said:

@bestday said:

Items that are still available from the Mint generally do not show up on the BST.

Don't know about "big money", but I would guess quite a bit of "medium size money" is putting away small multiples of this set (maybe a few dozen) for possible price appreciation. And then there are those who are just now discovering this set and buying one each for their collections. 4000 a month is greater than zero. And Christmas stocking stuffer time is coming up.

Surely ,if 225th sets were in demand ,someone would offer up graded 70s sets for sale on BST

• Options

@bestday said:
    Surely ,if 225th sets were in demand ,someone would offer up graded 70s sets for sale on BST

Annual proof sets and silver proof sets are in demand. So are proof gold and silver eagles. I don't see any graded 70s sets of these on the first several pages of the BST (or any other items still available from the Mint).

• Options

Why is BST suddenly the wholesale clearing house for coins in this country? Go to one of the dealer-to-dealer sites if you want to see the wholesale price. Although, again, as Overdate has pointed out, they don't tend to have a wholesale price until the Mint stops selling them.

I see a whole lot of graded 70s sets selling daily on eBay. Why is that not a better indicator than BST message board?

• Options

Newbies don't get it.. BST offers both buyer/seller advantages when Mint products were listed ..like the 2011 Silver Anniv sets . Buyer gets a better price....seller saves some selling fees
    Nothing listed on BST for 225th set ..??

• Options

@bestday said:
    Newbies don't get it.. BST offers both buyer/seller advantages when Mint products were listed ..like the 2011 Silver Anniv sets . Buyer gets a better price....seller saves some selling fees

. . . or 2017 proof set . . . or 2017 mint set . . . or 2017 silver eagle . . . or . . .

• Options
    edited October 11, 2017 5:11PM

@bestday said:

PUH-LEASE, drop the arrogance. But 3 points:

1. BST has no where near the volume of eBay. Regardless of the cost structure, BST is NOT indicative of the actual wholesale market. Just today I saw someone trying to sell Sets of 10 1957 proof sets for the bargain basement price of $29 each. That's only $10 above the wholesale price and only $4 above the retail price of the 1957 proof sets.
    2. BST is not where dealers go to acquire or move inventory.
    3. What Overdate said: no one is selling ANYTHING on BST that is still available from the Mint. Anyone on this board who has EU sets paid $29.95 for them. Unless they are trying to take a loss on them, why would they be on BST?
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2017 5:10PM

@bestday said:

Amateurs don't understand, but there is NO wholesale price among dealers on these sets because they are still available from the Mint. Dealers are buying them at $24 or $25 and selling at $30-$35, but there is fundamentally NO dealer to dealer price on these.

• Options

@Overdate said:

@bestday said:

. . . or 2017 proof set . . . or 2017 mint set . . . or 2017 silver eagle . . . or . . .

So, what you're saying is: there is no demand for 2017 silver eagles? :smile:

Y'know, I didn't see any palladium coins on BST either. Wonder what that says about those.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Overdate said:

@bestday said:

So, what you're saying is: there is no demand for 2017 silver eagles? :smile:

Y'know, I didn't see any palladium coins on BST either. Wonder what that says about those.

I think it says something about the BST for that issue.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bestday said:

BST ..Is a "buyers market" of mostly low ball & common items. Reality check: buyers usually get a better price. Sellers on the other hand might save on selling fees, but take a beating compared to what they could have gotten on eBay.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

I think it says something about the BST for that issue.

Exactly my thought. I don't think the presence or absence, or price, of anything on BST represents anything more than a listing on Craig's list. I could offer EU sets there right now for $50 each. What would that prove? I could also put a buy on their at $25 each. What would that prove?

Actual sales on eBay say far more than any listing on BST.

• Options

@FullStrike said:
    Anyone into "waffled coins"? I think if the Mint released the leftovers as a Waffled Set, they would turn a loser into a breakfast for champions.

I bought 5 Indiana Wafflers about 7-8 months back...they are hideous upon close inspection. I almost threw mine in out the window...breakfast for Champions my @#$. Leslie Jones is prettier on the eyes than these waffle coins.

Abandon All Hope-Ye Who Enters Here...Dante Alighieri

• Options

@Overdate said:

@bestday said:

Says a lot about Mint Products ?....LOL

• Options

@bestday said:

@Overdate said:

@bestday said:

Says a lot about Mint Products ?....LOL

And even more about BST as a market gauge...

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FullStrike said:
    Anyone into "waffled coins"? I think if the Mint released the leftovers as a Waffled Set, they would turn a loser into a breakfast for champions.

I wanted the mint to shred all the returns, packaging and all, and sell bags of it to the public. Sorta like what the Fed does with those bags of shredded FRN's.

I'd buy a bag. I'd even give a bag to someone for Christmas.

• Options

At this point, the only real question left is whether they sell them into 2018. If they continue to sell 2,000 or so per week, we are about 13 weeks from sell-out which would put us into January.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    At this point, the only real question left is whether they sell them into 2018. If they continue to sell 2,000 or so per week, we are about 13 weeks from sell-out which would put us into January.

They'll be on sale (if they last that long) at least through Christmas. They're still selling 2016 mint and proof sets, so they could be on the site until they sell out. (And I do expect the AmLib product to be on sale through 2018. The next AmLib product isn't due until 2019...)

• Options

7 days and I will buy one more, if they make it.... :#

• Options

As predicted ...next hot Mint coin relegates the 225th Enhanced set to the forgotten pile.. NO posts for 3 days !!!!!!!!

• Options

Two as of today! :#

• Options

+1000 because ebay sales

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Will be one more sold on Thursday. :#

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2017 7:06AM

I am here! :) Only a few more days and boom were on to the next!

• Options

No line for next issue from me

I still plan to get 2x singles

• Options

No mint medals for me.

Limited Edition Silver sets are dropping. Already down to $180, on their way back to issue price.

• Options

@bestday said:
    As predicted ...next hot Mint coin relegates the 225th Enhanced set to the forgotten pile.. NO posts for 3 days !!!!!!!!

Sure, when we post regularly you accuse us of pumping the issue. When we don't post regularly, you accuse us of having forgotten the issue... no way to win, is there?

Actually, sales have picked up for me recently on these. Prices have stabilized. Cents remain solid.

• Options

@bestday said:

What would that be? I don't see any "hot Mint" products in the foreseeable future and yes, that includes the up coming 4 silver medal set.

• Options

@OPA said:

@bestday said:

What would that be? I don't see any "hot Mint" products in the foreseeable future and yes, that includes the up coming 4 silver medal set.

He's probably referring to the Limited Edition Silver set. But that's not been very "hot". Tepid at best. Although quick flip for $20 if you timed it right.

• Options

@bestday said:

Since it's already established that I might be a post whore, I could bump this every day... But I won't. :)

(I'm not exactly sure what you expect to be posted on a set that's been out for 2.5 months now. The other 225th product threads stalled long before that.)

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

SP 70 cents are available for around $28....significant drop from a while back

• Options

@BigA said:

Did the 225th enhanced set ever make it on coin hucksters TV ?

• Options

@OPA said:

@bestday said:

The Mint 2017 Palladium coin just came away with a nice profit .. only 15,000 made.... nice future upside

• Options

@bestday said:

@OPA said:

@bestday said:

The Mint 2017 Palladium coin just came away with a nice profit .. only 15,000 made.... nice future upside

That's yesterday's news & not the "next hot Mint' product.

• Options

@OPA said:

@bestday said:

@OPA said:

@bestday said:

LOL it is yesterday's news ...if you didn't buy in the 2017 palladium Coin

• Options

@bestday said:

@OPA said:

@bestday said:

@OPA said:

@bestday said:

LOL it is yesterday's news ...if you didn't buy in the 2017 palladium Coin

LOL we were discussing up coming products & not past products. Yes, it's yesterday's news.

• Options

@bestday said:

@OPA said:

@bestday said:

I'd be willing to bet on the future downside of that issue. Look at Platinum eagles and proof platinum eagles. 1,000 is sometimes too many of them.

• Options

@BigA said:

Kind of depends on which holder it is in. The 70s are still in the 30-35 range and even the 69s are in the $25 range. The odd thing about that is if you get bulk submission rates of around $8 per coin, the frigging sets are just about worth it for the Lincoln cent alone.

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@bestday said:

Since it's already established that I might be a post whore, I could bump this every day... But I won't. :)

(I'm not exactly sure what you expect to be posted on a set that's been out for 2.5 months now. The other 225th product threads stalled long before that.)

I'll bump it for you. It's been weeks since BD called me a pumper.

• Options

Any guesses on today's number? We could go over 200,000 sold (AGAIN!).

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    +1000 because ebay sales

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    +1000 because ebay sales

LOL. I'm part of those eBay sales...but I still think 2500...

[By the way, if it's a negative number, I'm having a giant sale! :smile: ]

• Options

Wow. There were so many EU sales to count that there's a delay in the production data.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file