Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>700

for novelty's sake >>

I would guess the number to be much higher.
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My 10 set order was supposed to ship 7/24. before I left for work ( 7/23 ) I checked to see if perhaps the sets were shipped yet - No, still 7/24. Well, I just got home an hour ago and now it says my sets will ship 7/19/13 ! How strange is that? >>

My order for one set did the same thing today; the Cancel box is still there, though. image

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be interesting if one of the mags (CoinWorld/Numismatic News) pinged their contacts at the USMint and asked them to explain how the dates could change to a day 5 days already past and still not have been shipped........

Someone needs to have an updated performance review or be looking for a new job.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I talked to a coin magazine editor yesterday. My concern was and is that a hand full of TV coin cos. and/or heavy speculators could order in the first few minutes the entire first 30 day shipments and be almost the sole source for FS/ER/FR coins for the next special silver eagle type USM offering. Hopefully, the rev. PF Buffalo is too expensive for a group to get most of these early shipments. The coins/sets have a time value and large orders should be only partially filled in the first month of delivery and let the small orders be filled if ordered within the first few days.
    Specialized Investments
  • Options

<< <i>I talked to a coin magazine editor yesterday. My concern was and is that a hand full of TV coin cos. and/or heavy speculators could order in the first few minutes the entire first 30 day shipments and be almost the sole source for FS/ER/FR coins for the next special silver eagle type USM offering. Hopefully, the rev. PF Buffalo is too expensive for a group to get most of these early shipments. The coins/sets have a time value and large orders should be only partially filled in the first month of delivery and let the small orders be filled if ordered within the first few days. >>

so, you are saying FIFO is not fair? Personally, as someone else indicated above, an order limit within the first week would go a long way to solving this problem. Wasn't the HR Eagle's limit one initially?
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am extremely disappointed with how the Mint has handled their shipping. Since when have first day orders not met FS deadlines? I ordered on 5/9 11pm and my order still shows b/o with 7/19 est shipping (wtf?). Cc has not been hit and cancel box remains.

It appears the big dealers have cornered the FS market.

Think about it, one wealthy investor could totally buy up the entire FS run.

I am losing interest and faith. I support a limited qty for first week to provide opportunity with us common folk.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am extremely disappointed with how the Mint has handled their shipping. Since when have first day orders not met FS deadlines? I ordered on 5/9 11pm and my order still shows b/o with 7/19 est shipping (wtf?). Cc has not been hit and cancel box remains.

I am losing interest and faith. I support a limited qty for first week to provide opportunity with us common folk. >>

Yes. It seems the mint was aware of the first strike dealine and shipped thousands this last week to avoid returns as well.

I expect a article about this and the telemarketer monopoly for first strikes.

Cancellations are coming in pretty heavy so I expect the prices to move up significantly for first strikes.

Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • Options
    tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone hear from Goldmart as to when they plan to ship the PCGS sets?
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Maybe "Goldmart" is also waiting for the coins to ship from the "MINT" . . . LOL
    So far, I have received my PCGS FS coins from 2 other dealers & Yes, I also cancelled my order with the mint.
    (but I'm also waiting for my 2 sets from Goldmart!!)

I think this was a mess up from day one with the mint and not setting a limit for at least the first week for this "special set"!

I know I have learned something, hope they have also image

Blessings

John
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>700

for novelty's sake >>

I would guess the number to be much higher. >>

Touche'
  • Options
    It's kind of funny - GM is still selling them and indicate "Pre-Sale: Shipping Week of July 21st." Well, I guess they have a couple more days!!!

I wonder if you canelled your order with them if they would charge you their RE-stockiing fee????
  • Options

<< <i>It's kind of funny - GM is still selling them and indicate "Pre-Sale: Shipping Week of July 21st." Well, I guess they have a couple more days!!!

I wonder if you canelled your order with them if they would charge you their RE-stockiing fee???? >>

You cant... they wont let you. (I tried)
    There is no knowledge that is not power.
  • Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭✭
    Received mine on 2 July - sent them off priority mail to NGC for grading, but the post office sent them to the wrong city. A week later they arrived at NGC. So much for two to three day delivery!

Anyone in the market for a First Releases Enhanced SP69 ASE? The Reverse came back PF70.

Would of liked both to be 70 or just the opposite of what I received.
  • Options

<< <i>I just got off the phone with a US Mint Representative and while I do understand that they are not hiring Rocket Scientists for the job, I do wish they at least hired people with just a bit of logical ability. I mean, here the Mint has been moving shipping dates up into the future but now they move them into the past? How do you justify moving a 7/24 ship date to 7/19, on 7/24? If you had done this on 7/10 or 7/18, that would be understandable. But why on 7/24 do you move the ship date to 7/19 ( 5 days into the past ) and then state that you dont know when they will actually ship? Thats plain stupid !

Why not move the ship date to something like 7/29? Maybe 8/10 would be an even better ship date.

The US Mint obviously employs BS Representatives rather than CS Representatives. >>

Looking the same for me!

Anywhere selling PCGS 70s FS set with immediate shipment?
    What sites have shipped FS sets already, I'm desperate for a set now :-)?
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    MCM $319 and Great Collections $310 both have PCGS sets available . A bunch on eBay as well
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you have me felling guilty just a little bit..... image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    latest PCGS FS 70 pop report....

enhanced..........6179
    reverse............5717

I contacted GM on 7/24 & asked for a shipping status report. Shipments are now expected to start on 7/26...( I've heard that song & dance act before, as such, I'm not hold my breath)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am also waiting for a GM PCGS set. Looks like they are the last ones out the door with them. I got my other PCGS Flag set

early last week. I think the final PCGS FS POP's will be 7,000 +. The final factor to affect the potential value of these sets

will be how many mint orders were cancelled and the final mintage number.image >>

OPA,

Thanks for the pop updates. Seems like you are the only one providing current and accurate information during this adventure.

Looks like it will easily hit my guess of 7,000 + and may even approach my original guess of 10,000. I am hoping the number of

cancelled orders is large enough to bring the final mintage down to last years set or less.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not be terribly surprised to see about 12,500-15,000 of the First Strike 70 sets when all the dust settles later this year.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>I would not be terribly surprised to see about 12,500-15,000 of the First Strike 70 sets when all the dust settles later this year.

Wondercoin >>

I predict under 10,000. How does that compare to last year?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am extremely disappointed with how the Mint has handled their shipping. Since when have first day orders not met FS deadlines? I ordered on 5/9 11pm and my order still shows b/o with 7/19 est shipping (wtf?). Cc has not been hit and cancel box remains.

I am losing interest and faith. I support a limited qty for first week to provide opportunity with us common folk. >>

And you wonder why folks like me refuse to order from the mint for the last 3 years.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I would not be terribly surprised to see about 12,500-15,000 of the First Strike 70 sets when all the dust settles later this year.

Wondercoin >>

I predict under 10,000. How does that compare to last year? >>

prior year totals for ASE PCGS FS 70's graded rev. proofs

• Options
    Hum, so i wonder if a bunch of use bought, the max. number of set a couple times on the fiirst day driving up the count-o-meter and then cancelled a couple days later, you this discourage other from buying thus reducing the total population and artifically creating a key? Of course, we would need a bunch of member to do this!!!

I know, I am just dreaming!!! image
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know one thing this tied up there $$$ for over 30 days. But if they rec 40,000 sets and sold them for a $50 profit that is some good $$$ 2mil for 30 day's. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know one thing this tied up there $$$ for over 30 days. But if they rec 40,000 sets and sold them for a $50 profit that is some good $$$ 2mil for 30 day's. image >>

Not really it wouldn't tie up your money until right before they ship.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

In the past, the US MINT's corrective action was to Up-date their computers, now maybe they need to Up-date their help!!!
    (and there thinking, or lack there off image)

Blessings

John
  • Options
    Paulyaces76Paulyaces76 Posts: 294 ✭✭
    Just got off the phone with our friends GM and we will no longer be receiving checks for the difference but, store credit e-mails! Whatever the hell that is. I am not very happy right now! Those of us that ordered early bought them for 289.99 then they went on sale for 274.99 and they said we would get the difference! This is not a good company here!
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got off the phone with our friends GM and we will no longer be receiving checks for the difference but, store credit e-mails! Whatever the hell that is. I am not very happy right now! Those of us that ordered early bought them for 289.99 then they went on sale for 274.99 and they said we would get the difference! This is not a good company here! >>

After reading the above I called and received the same info. I told the rep that I did not appreciate being told one thing (checks as refunds) and then hearing it might be store credit instead. Is a store credit a refund? Anyway, I asked her to tell the geniuses there that requiring me to spend more money to realize my refund as a store credit was in fact going to cost them. I won't be buying from them in the future.
  • Options
    Just want my sets and will be done with them!
  • Options
    Yes, I think Gold Fart is doing a disservice to themselves. Once I get my sets, I won't be ordering from them anymore. It is a shame as I have place several orders with them in the past but as time goes on, their customer service is driving me away!
  • Options

<< <i>Just got off the phone with our friends GM and we will no longer be receiving checks for the difference but, store credit e-mails! Whatever the hell that is. I am not very happy right now! Those of us that ordered early bought them for 289.99 then they went on sale for 274.99 and they said we would get the difference! This is not a good company here! >>

This is an excerpt from an email that I received from GM on 6/6/2013

"In order to maintain our position as America's low-cost precious metals dealer, Goldmart.com is pleased to announce that we’ve reduced our pre-sale prices for the 2013-W Silver Eagle West Point Sets to ensure we give our customers the most competitive pre-sale prices you will find anywhere! Customers who have already ordered will receive a refund for the difference. And just to clarify, the Original Mint Packaging is also included with the sets at no extra cost."

Sounds like they are in violation of their own policy for those of us that ordered in May @ $349.99. I don't think that applied for orders placed in June at the $289.99 level.
  • Options
    They pissed off both the dealer network for pushing prices down lower and lower than the rest, and then pissed off the customer base by not delivering on price guarantee, and promising product they don't have in hand.
  • Options
    I'm done with GM too. Was waiting for 4 weeks to get in-stock product and now still waiting for this 2013 ASE set and just getting excuses
  • Options
    Can anyone say backfire! I think a lot of us ordered from them, and they will be in trouble without us in the future!
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered...I just got my first set in the sealed box from PBGS and there's no date on the box at all. What determines FS-eligibility, the USPS barcode? Does that contain the date?
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry if this has been asked and answered...I just got my first set in the sealed box from PBGS and there's no date on the box at all. What determines FS-eligibility, the USPS barcode? Does that contain the date? >>

Date shipped ...which should be on the tracking info (and order info). The date is also on the packing slip but that won't do you much good unless you open the box
  • Options
    latest pop report

enhanced....6290
    reverse......5977
  • Options
    latest pop report ............. have a great weekend.

enhanced............6772
    reverse..............6252
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the updates OPA !

How has shipping from the mint been recently on other items beside the WP set? Are they having the

same issues with all their shipping ? Also I will not order from anyone using UPS MAIL INOVATIONS again.

Ships UPS to post office then to me. My order sat at my post office from Monday until today and is out for delivery

and I will still have to wait all day for the delivery. Talked to my mail delivery guy and he said UPS stuff just sits

there for days until night crew gets time to sort it. Even though it was there all week they do not log it in as received until the night they

sort it out for delivery. My order took nine days to go two states.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    410a410a Posts: 1,325
    This thread is a perfect example of why it is hard to buy modern coins. These are some really cool coins that everyone should be able to order directly from the mint with a limit of five (5) per household. It is a shame a collector has to put up with greed on the part of the mint and those able to "corner" the market and it doesn't matter if the con was truly worth more or less. Collectors suffer and the none collecting public scoffs at the hobby. Best of Luck guys/gals.
  • Options
    JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My 10 set order was supposed to ship 7/24. before I left for work ( 7/23 ) I checked to see if perhaps the sets were shipped yet - No, still 7/24.

Well, I just got home an hour ago and now it says my sets will ship 7/19/13 ! How strange is that?

Will the sets actually ship around 8/1? This is totally a messed up thing going on with PGBG ( or whatever they call themselves ). >>

This happened with my order as well
    Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Well here it is Monday 7-29-13 and my Order with an expected Ship Date of 7-19-13 , still hasn't shipped!

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they would now move my ship date to something like 7-01-13. I don't expect rational acts from those people at all.

• Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    My 3 sets with a 7-19 ship date finally shipped on the 26th
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Well lucky you. Now be sure to fill us in on what ship date might be showing on the package, when you actually receive it. Also, if you open up the thing, let us know how the Coins look. I'm really curious to know if they are shipping chopped up returns to people who receive the late shipped coins.
  • Options
    My shipment contained chopped up units. Sending back....
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    what do you mean by "chopped up units" if you received waffled coins you might have hit the jackpot

(l8-)>>

• Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    Now that the First Strike period is over for this set, what is the cheapest PCGS option for grading.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our sets originally had a 7/11 ship date, then it got bumped to 7/19...and they finally came today.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    How does your coins look there? Do they appear to be in good condition without any noticeable scratches or dents on the coin when looking with the naked eye withint 6" away? =)
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7/29 today and my order shows this:

1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 07/19/2013.
    Many happy BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file