Home U.S. Coin Forum

2009 lincoln formative / Lp2 mint boxes / proof sets / doubled die errors

Comments

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a box dated 4/16 that yielded the 013 die cracks? I'm trying to decide on buying a box but don't know if that date will be worth trying. If so, what time ranges would be the best?
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone have a box dated 4/16 that yielded the 013 die cracks? I'm trying to decide on buying a box but don't know if that date will be worth trying. If so, what time ranges would be the best? >>

The only box I found them in was the 4/16 boxes.

I think (not sure) time was around 10:00 am. I think the early morning or afternoon boxes were not good.

Joe
    Thank you...this box is about 8:30ish a.m. .... hope it produces some. The only boxes I had found them in was 4/15 late afternoon but I had heard that 4/16 was also producing some. They're one of my

favorites! No loupe needed!
    Well, I finally finished my 50 roll bank box today. Total count: 66 wddr-032 and 19 wddr-025's Of course there were something like 300+ various die cracks and a couple of unlisted minor errors in the lot.

If I buy another bank box I hope I find a different variety to round out my collection (is the wddr-006 late stage die crack too much to ask?) Thanks to Papi again for suggesting the bank box search. image
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you...this box is about 8:30ish a.m. .... hope it produces some. The only boxes I had found them in was 4/15 late afternoon but I had heard that 4/16 was also producing some. They're one of my

favorites! No loupe needed! >>

That makes sense!!!

There was a cut-off in the morning where they stopped appearing.

Good luck with that box if you open it.

Joe
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you...this box is about 8:30ish a.m. .... hope it produces some. The only boxes I had found them in was 4/15 late afternoon but I had heard that 4/16 was also producing some. They're one of my

favorites! No loupe needed! >>

You should find at least a few in there, most I ever found in a box of 4/16 was four of them. Your time is in the prime area in my findings. The latest time I opened was 09:47 and there were none, only 12, 13a's in the box. Good luck! Mike
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

<< <i>All of a sudden there's a glut of LP1-LP5 sets being offered on Ebay...with the LP2 boxes being the driver of the sales because they're all April dated boxes. Interesting timing, or is it that these sellers are

members here and are paying attention to this thread and striking while the iron is hot? I've seen 4/15, 16, 17, and 21 listed tonight so far. Most of the times are not in the sweet spot but the 16 is close

and I didn't open a 17 from the afternoon hours...could be good. These are NOT mine nor do I know the seller (s) . I'm not purchasing because I don't need more of the LP1's, 3's, or 4's and I have enough

wddr-001's and 2's already in my hoard. I will eventually have to get an LP5 to complete the changeover designs. I think I can pick one of those up pretty cheap individually. I was just amazed tonight at

how many new listings came up considering there have been very few in the last couple of months. Is anyone here the seller? I don't recognize the seller's handles...new players as far as I know. >>

I think we are being watched image , so we can run up there bids! Not me though I have stacks of them unopened and no desire to stack more unless there like $10 delivered.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

wddr-032

This auction (not mine) closes within 24 hrs. I thought this particular error would generate a little more interest. As you know, the bank box I recently opened had over 50 of these altogether. Can you

imagine that these sell for so little now only to soar in value once the CPG is published (assuming this one makes the cut)?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    It is not just these that are not selling. Coins in general are not moving well. I started going through 4 more bank boxes today. I am still finding 025's, 032's and 093's along with the die cracks through the "S" in trust. I may sell some of these boxes as I have 7 more coming.
    SEVEN MORE? You definately have gone all-in with these! I know you've said you're finding the 025's and 32's in your current searches but have you come across any of the 006's with the late stage

die cracks? That's what I'm hoping to find in my two boxes that are in the mail to me right now. This is it for me though. If I don't find them in these boxes I'm just going to look at purchasing a couple

on the bay when (and if) they come up for sale. Good luck in your search of these seven new boxes!
    I have so many now that I will probably just look at what I can see through the small peepholes of the 7 boxes and sell them. If any 32's or 25's show then that will be an attraction for the buyers. As far as die cracks go I have hundreds already and don't need any more. I have not found any 006's yet.

2 of the four boxes have errors showing through the little peep holes that I can see with my dinoscope. I will do the same thing with the other 7 boxes when they arrive and any that have the errors showing I will probably sell. That way buyers will know that they are getting boxes with errors in them. Still getting all 4 errors in every box.
  • PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    Good luck with your rolls.

Member id dengarsan sells his for $9 with DDRs on the end and no one buys them.
    Depending on what the ddr on the ends are Papi those could be sweet buys for somebody at $9. I haven't seen those listings but I'm done buying now. I'm going to wait until the CPG is published and values are

eventually established. Hope to see PCGS and/or NGC jump into grading them with their variety designation on the label. I have two more bank boxes on the way in hopes of finding the 006 with the late stage die

cracks but that will be the last "lotto" tickets for me. image
    Just found both of these

WDDR-033

Reverse Stage D: A die crack runs from the rim and through the right side of the 2nd A in AMERICA and into the field below the A. A light branch near the bottom of that die crack runs SSW into the field below the A.

Reverse Stage E: The branch from the die crack running through the right side of the 2nd A in AMERICA now extends midway to the seated Lincoln.

No I don't have equipment to image the CRACK
    Great finds Papi. I understand about trying to image these but I just wish that Wexler's site would image the different stages instead of just having a written description. I like pics! image
    He had the pics on there, at one time, then took them down for space reasons

<< <i>Just found both of these

WDDR-033

Reverse Stage D: A die crack runs from the rim and through the right side of the 2nd A in AMERICA and into the field below the A. A light branch near the bottom of that die crack runs SSW into the field below the A.

Reverse Stage E: The branch from the die crack running through the right side of the 2nd A in AMERICA now extends midway to the seated Lincoln.

No I don't have equipment to image the CRACK >>

Are we making Papi open up some of his stash?

<< <i>Are we making Papi open up some of his stash? >>

LOL

No, I don't have a stash. This was a recent purchase.
    I hope you got a whole box of them.
    We appreciate what you have done for us.
    You have been telling us for years about the mint boxes having them but i was not able to bring myself to search through all those boxes.

<< <i>Depending on what the ddr on the ends are Papi those could be sweet buys for somebody at $9. I haven't seen those listings but I'm done buying now. I'm going to wait until the CPG is published and values are

eventually established. Hope to see PCGS and/or NGC jump into grading them with their variety designation on the label. I have two more bank boxes on the way in hopes of finding the 006 with the late stage die

cracks but that will be the last "lotto" tickets for me. image >>

If you wait for the CPG to get published , you will be too late to buy as everyone will know about them then.
    Take a look what the professionals are selling these for Marilyn Keeneys site and Ken Potter

They know the market for errors, she found a lot of these errors and the Log Cabin ones also. Potter helps write the CPG I believe, so his prices are probably what will be in the book?

<< <i>I have so many now that I will probably just look at what I can see through the small peepholes of the 7 boxes and sell them. If any 32's or 25's show then that will be an attraction for the buyers. As far as die cracks go I have hundreds already and don't need any more. I have not found any 006's yet.

2 of the four boxes have errors showing through the little peep holes that I can see with my dinoscope. I will do the same thing with the other 7 boxes when they arrive and any that have the errors showing I will probably sell. That way buyers will know that they are getting boxes with errors in them. Still getting all 4 errors in every box. >>

Did you get all seven from Coins.net? Just curious because I ordered one from him. I opened a few rolls and found the same as you reported the 25 and 32's in it. They have a wrapper I have not seen before, or at least a long time. A bank named wrapper instead if an armor car service, like brinks. Was this the same for you?

Got my two bank boxes today. Just had time to do a cursory looksee at the ends of the rolls. The first box had no errors showing (gulp) the second had two rolls with wddr-016's on the ends. So, tomorrow

it's a trip to the local coin shop for more 2x2's and then the work begins in going through the rest. Hopefully I'll find a nice hoard of 016's in the rest of the 48 rolls. Before anyone asks I bought both boxes

from Anotherauctionut on ebay. I don't think he has anymore listed currently. As I said before though, this is it for me. I was really hoping to see an 006 late stage die cracks on an end of at least one roll

but alas no such animal. I'm very happy with the 016's however, don't get me wrong...cool looking error!

I also bought a package of lp2-lp5's plus a box of Westward Journey nickels....for cheap. In the lp2 box (I had asked about 4/16 8:30 am and what I might find in it earlier in this thread)

I found 4 wddr-13c's (giant die crack variety for those who don't know...lol). I was extremely happy with that result because it's one of my personal favorites and I wanted a few more in my collection.

That's my report for tonight....I'll see what the error Gods have to say in my search through my bank boxes. Wish me luck! imageimage A doubled thumbs up to you all!
    Got my two bank boxes today. Just had time to do a cursory looksee at the ends of the rolls. The first box had no errors showing (gulp) the second had two rolls with wddr-016's on the ends. So, tomorrow

it's a trip to the local coin shop for more 2x2's and then the work begins in going through the rest. Hopefully I'll find a nice hoard of 016's in the rest of the 48 rolls. Before anyone asks I bought both boxes

from Anotherauctionut on ebay. I don't think he has anymore listed currently. As I said before though, this is it for me. I was really hoping to see an 006 late stage die cracks on an end of at least one roll

but alas no such animal. I'm very happy with the 016's however, don't get me wrong...cool looking error!

I also bought a package of lp2-lp5's plus a box of Westward Journey nickels....for cheap. In the lp2 box (I had asked about 4/16 8:30 am and what I might find in it earlier in this thread)

I found 4 wddr-13c's (giant die crack variety for those who don't know...lol). I was extremely happy with that result because it's one of my personal favorites and I wanted a few more in my collection.

That's my report for tonight....I'll see what the error Gods have to say in my search through my bank boxes. Wish me luck! A doubled thumbs up to you all!

Edited: Monday July 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM by Onedollarnohollar

You matched what I posted about your LP 2 box 4/16 last week. That is the most I have found in a 4/16 box, around the same time also. Another thing is I bought the other box from another anotherauctionut last Friday. Hopefully I will have simular results with the WDDr-016. That is one that will be in the up and coming CPG. Nice pic up..

Good luck and I too hope the error gods are with you, I wonder why auctionnut sold these boxes, he to is an error collector. He has been pursuing these boxes and errors from the 2009 FY? He also bought one of the 4/27 boxes listed about a week ago. Makes me wonder why he would sell these boxes, unless he thought there were no errors in them. I bought my box from him before I did any research on him and it has me wondering. Glad you found some errors in the one box so for. So best of luck I hope you find a boat load of the 16's. I think Papi was looking for LP boxes with that error in them.

Yeah, I had no history on auctionut just thought I'd give him a try. Interesting though, like you said, if he also is an error collector why he would sell. How did you know about him? I never seem to have

the inside scoop on sellers unless I see them on Ebay all the time and I know what they usually peddle. I was very happy with the transaction...quick ship, decent price, excellent packaging, and a good

communicator. One of the better sellers I've had in recent memory all around. You said you ordered a box from him as well? Have you received it yet? Do you know what kind of wrappers (string @ sons,

brinks, plain brown & red) ? The 016's came out of a box marked $25 with no holes for viewing and plain brown and red wrappers. The other box I got from him has the holes on top and has the

bright white and red wrappers. Like I said in my last post there were no end roll errors showing in that particular box. By the way, is auctionut party to this thread? If so, who? If so, thank you!

<< <i>He also bought one of the 4/27 boxes listed about a week ago. >>

They don't show user names; how can you tell who bought what on Ebay?

<< <i>The 016's came out of a box marked $25 with no holes for viewing and plain brown and red wrappers. >>

Wow, I've been looking for these for 3+ years; no leads and no success. How lucky are you? image

You officially receive, from me, the "You Suck" Award! image
    I'm part Irish imageimage Well, Papi, I would say the person who discovered this error and submitted to Wexler, Coneca, etc. was the lucky one. Maybe we should contact the "discoverers" of the

primo errors and ask them where they came across them. It would save us all a lot of time and money. I'm hoping for some luck in my other box that didn't show any end roll errors. I start digging tonight!

Thank for the "you suck" award too! image

<< <i>

<< <i>I have so many now that I will probably just look at what I can see through the small peepholes of the 7 boxes and sell them. If any 32's or 25's show then that will be an attraction for the buyers. As far as die cracks go I have hundreds already and don't need any more. I have not found any 006's yet.

2 of the four boxes have errors showing through the little peep holes that I can see with my dinoscope. I will do the same thing with the other 7 boxes when they arrive and any that have the errors showing I will probably sell. That way buyers will know that they are getting boxes with errors in them. Still getting all 4 errors in every box. >>

Did you get all seven from Coins.net? Just curious because I ordered one from him. I opened a few rolls and found the same as you reported the 25 and 32's in it. They have a wrapper I have not seen before, or at least a long time. A bank named wrapper instead if an armor car service, like brinks. Was this the same for you? >>

Yes, that makes 15 total I have bought from them. That is the last of this batch he had but he is going to order more. I told him that I would try one box of the new batch when he gets them in. I feel the WDDR 025 is going to be a very good coin to own next year and I have almost 200 of them now with more boxes to open. Right now with what I have opened the 025's stand me under $4.50 each which I feel is a bargain. Maybe I will hit a hot spot and get even more 025's. The bonus is there are three times as many WDDR 032's in those boxes too. Counting the die cracks that are also in there (from edge of coin through the mallet which I believe is 093 and the large die crack through the "S" in trust) I am getting between 7 and 14 errors in every roll. That is why I bought so many.

<< <i> I have almost 200 of them now with more boxes to open. That is why I bought so many. >>

How many coins are struck per die?

There was a B&M Coin Shop, from the Midwest, selling stuff on Ebay a while back; he told me he had over 800 WDDR-025s.

He offered me 500 @$2.50 each. I never went through with it, because I found them on my own.

The problem is; so many people have them, and they're all competing for the same buyers. So, they all undercut each other; now they start and sometimes sell for .99c.

I hope the 025 does well, I have a lot of them too.

And the THOUSANDS of 032s that you now have PB, where are those THOUSANDS of buyers coming from?

You guys can beat me up if you want. But now I no longer have an optimistic outlook about these.

Too many coins in the bank & too many sellers on the bay.

AND 4 YEARS WAITING ON THE CPG.

IF IT HAD ONLY BEEN PRINTED IN 2010-2011! NOW NEW INTEREST HAS TO BE REIGNITED

The poo-pooers may have been right, and I was too stubborn to listen.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed reading this thread and the other started yrs ago, I have a few more mint boxes to open but am currently going thru 20 coffee cans of older pennies.(Time to downsize) But I must say I enjoy taking a break and coming by and trying to stay current with all these ones I do Not have. Great job to all of you for keeping the search on and hopefully someday, there will be those who appreciate all these...Enjoy tom image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
    You make valid points Papi. I only bought one bank box with the 025's and 032's in it. That was enough for my hoard. We'll see if we are right or wrong in hoarding these in the not-too-distant-future (CPG).

The 016's I'm finding in this latest box are exciting to find, especially after your statement of how hard they've been to find. I've only opened two rolls so far and have found 7 of them. There are also a few of the

(I believe but need to confirm on Wexler's site) wddr-100's . Obviously they are insignificant overall but interesting to see under a loupe. A couple of minor die cracks, rim to mallet, round out my finds so far.

Well, back to work! Later!

<< <i>You make valid points Papi. I only bought one bank box with the 025's and 032's in it. That was enough for my hoard. We'll see if we are right or wrong in hoarding these in the not-too-distant-future (CPG).

The 016's I'm finding in this latest box are exciting to find >>

WDDR-016

I hate you. imageimage
  • was wondering if there is anything to be found in mint boxes from 5/1/09 around 8:55 time stamp??

<< <i>was wondering if there is anything to be found in mint boxes from 5/1/09 around 8:55 time stamp?? >>

There will be DDRs, but I don't recall which ones.
    I only opened one box from 5/1 time 10:11 that produced 11 wddr-011's, 1 wddr-004, and 1 wddr-13 stage C die crack. Open it and let us know what you find Myth. image

<< <i>Yeah, I had no history on auctionut just thought I'd give him a try. Interesting though, like you said, if he also is an error collector why he would sell. How did you know about him? I never seem to have

the inside scoop on sellers unless I see them on Ebay all the time and I know what they usually peddle. I was very happy with the transaction...quick ship, decent price, excellent packaging, and a good

communicator. One of the better sellers I've had in recent memory all around. You said you ordered a box from him as well? Have you received it yet? Do you know what kind of wrappers (string @ sons,

brinks, plain brown & red) ? The 016's came out of a box marked $25 with no holes for viewing and plain brown and red wrappers. The other box I got from him has the holes on top and has the

bright white and red wrappers. Like I said in my last post there were no end roll errors showing in that particular box. By the way, is auctionut party to this thread? If so, who? If so, thank you! >>

I just found his auction doing a search on ebay for bank boxes. I made an offer and he accepted. The next day I was searching closed auctions and seen he bought the two from another seller recently. He used the same picture from the auction he bought them from, just cropped it. Then I did a search of what he bought and sold recently and came to my conclusion based off the searches. I don't think he is a member here. I have not received my box yet, I will let you know what the wrappers look like, the picture in the auction just shows the side of the box, red with $25 on the side. seems similar to the one you described.

<< <i>

<< <i>He also bought one of the 4/27 boxes listed about a week ago. >>

They don't show user names; how can you tell who bought what on Ebay? >>

Because I bought a bank box from him and did a search of what he bought and sold recently. The 4/27 box was one of his winnings. Along with the boxes he was selling that Onedollarnut and I bought from him.

<< <i>Yeah, I had no history on auctionut just thought I'd give him a try. Interesting though, like you said, if he also is an error collector why he would sell. How did you know about him? I never seem to have

bright white and red wrappers. Like I said in my last post there were no end roll errors showing in that particular box. By the way, is auctionut party to this thread? If so, who? If so, thank you! >>

I just looked at the auction details and it states brown and red wrapper. Something has me puzzled now, how did he know the wrapper color if there are no holes in the top? He may have opened these seen no errors on the ends and resealed them thinking they were dud's?

Coincrazy...first of all you called me onedollarNUT....lol.....no one can call me a nut except my wife when she sees me receiving more of these boxes....secondly, I think you just got lucky with your new bank

box that's on its way to you. I think he just lifted the edge of the box without fully opening it to see what color the paper wrappers were. Mine was sealed. He definately didn't cherry pick my box...two rolls

had the 016 on the end. I (sorry Papi, not trying to rub it in) found 6 in my last roll. So my first three opened rolls produced 3, 4, and 6 respectively.

I think you're in for something similar if they are in the brown and red plain wrappers. Can't wait for your report! Good Luck!

<< <i>I just looked at the auction details and it states brown and red wrapper. Something has me puzzled now, how did he know the wrapper color if there are no holes in the top? He may have opened these seen no errors on the ends and resealed them thinking they were dud's? >>

Then how do you explain 1Dollar finding 016s, if the seller is searching them, as you suggest?

Just went back to look at my purchase on the bank boxes from auctionut....he did mention brown and red wrappers in the listing....that's why I don't think he's cherry picked your box Coincrazy. I think

you're going to be happy...I hope so anyway. I hope it rains 016's for you! Again, good luck!

P.S. the second box I bought from him were in white and red wrappers (sealed box with viewing holes) Opened two rolls so far....nothing to write home about...a few die crack rim to mallet types only.

I was hoping for the 006's from that box but it's not looking good. I'll let you all know if anything at all comes out of that box. Meantime....good luck in all of your future searches!
    Sorry about mixing your name with his. It just puzzled me, for him to pay $150 for the two and then sell them a loss, after fees to ebay and shipping? Oh well I hope mine are as good as yours. The 16's have eluded me the most in my searches. I found a few in late may or early June LP2 boxes but that was it. I will be more than happy to find a bank box with them in it. I am concentrating on finding ones I know are going to be in the new CPG. I was reading on Lincoln Cent resource a forum from the people who specialize in errors and there in consensus that these will be in demand in the future once the book comes out.

-------------------------
    Successful BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom,Blackhawk

<< <i>

<< <i>I just looked at the auction details and it states brown and red wrapper. Something has me puzzled now, how did he know the wrapper color if there are no holes in the top? He may have opened these seen no errors on the ends and resealed them thinking they were dud's? >>

Then how do you explain 1Dollar finding 016s, if the seller is searching them, as you suggest? >>

I did not realize he found two with them on the end of a roll, my bad. I never said he did it, I said he may have. There is a difference in raising suspicion and actually stating it was done. Anyway best of luck to everyone searching for the error they want most. I still have a few more to find. I have you guys here to thank for awaking the monster in me on these. I'm always on the search for something. LOL

<< <i>It just puzzled me, for him to pay $150 for the two and then sell them a loss, after fees to ebay and shipping? >>

I think you're reading too much into it. I doubt there's many boxes that are still in their original location, after 3.5 yrs.

I bought a P box from WA that had six different DDRs. You know you can't get P coins in Washington, but there they were.

<< <i>I was reading on Lincoln Cent resource a forum from the people who specialize in errors and there in consensus that these will be in demand in the future once the book comes out. >>

Same speculating being done on here, maybe by the same people.

Successful BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom,Blackhawk

Successful Trades: Swampboy, >>

< It just puzzled me, for him to pay $150 for the two and then sell them a loss, after fees to ebay and shipping? >>

I think you're reading too much into it. I doubt there's many boxes that are still in their original location, after 3.5 yrs.

I bought a P box from WA that had six different DDRs. You know you can't get P coins in Washington, but there they were.

<< I was reading on Lincoln Cent resource a forum from the people who specialize in errors and there in consensus that these will be in demand in the future once the book comes out. >>

Same speculating being done on here, maybe by the same people.

Actually it was Brad, Founder: Lincoln Cent Resource, mustbebob, Bob founder of coppercoins.com, and a moderater there and a few others. Here is a link to there thinking on these:Link

Successful Trades: Swampboy, >>

Here is a better view, the other you have to click at the top of the page view full version. Better Link I am not sure if any of you belong to that forum and contributed to there list of top ten.

<< <i>Here is a better view, the other you have to click at the top of the page view full version. Better Link I am not sure if any of you belong to that forum and contributed to there list of top ten. >>

There's been no comment made to that thread in 17-18 months.

They only reason it was being discussed was to form a list. They made a list, the conversation stopped; no further interest.

Are those some of your comments? Why does it say "Banned" under Coin-Crazy?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file