Home U.S. Coin Forum

2009 lincoln formative / Lp2 mint boxes / proof sets / doubled die errors

Comments

• What are the prime date box's?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    There are none that I know of but who am I.
  • OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Look up the "Lincoln ddr" thread for your answers. I believe too that you will find a lot of information pertaining to searches and finds on this thread if you read it from the beginning.

Good luck and good hunting ... welcome to this thread!
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The ones discount has now are String rolls not what he is showing on his listing. They are rolls that contain the same errors as his previous listings. The rolls are very poorly wraped buy the wraping machine but do contain the errors. I bought 4 boxes and am halfway through them now. >>

You are still finding 25's and 32's? How many do you wish to accumulate? All kidding a side that is a lot of the same two errors. Best of luck Mike
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
    Who had a problem here with discount coin? Just wondering because I bought a box of 2011 P shield cents with a box of 2009 FY's and he sent me a box that looked like it went through WWII and was all taped up. I sent it back and I am still waiting on the replacement, which was supposed to be mailed this past Monday. Just trying to remember whom here had that past problem.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

<< <i>What are the prime date box's? >>

Just do a search at the top and put in 2009 and you will see all the past threads with box dates and times. Hope this helps.

Pitboss....what was the result of those most recent boxes you received? Any new ddr's being found? I've still got about 8-10 rolls to finish up with in my box. Anyone else finding the wddr-100's? It's a

double thumb but almost like a thin shadowy tracing (still distinctive) instead of a thick double thumb like the 002. I've found about 50 of those.

Papi....what's new in your collecting world?

Those boxes had some WDDR 025's and 032's in them.

Those were the same as discounts other ones even though they were in different wrappers.

The last batch had string & son wrappers and the first ones had West Pointe wrappers.

I am not complaining though as I now have plenty of 25's and 32's.

Now I am buying odd boxes here and there but have had no luck so far.
    Well, it looks like this thread is going to do a "Rip Van Winkle" so I'll see you all when the new CPG comes out with our obsessions listed next year. Good luck in your hunting for the elusive ones!

A doubled thumbs up to you all until then! imageimage
    Goodnite Mrs. Calabash wherever you are.
    . Anyone else finding the wddr-100's? It's a

double thumb but almost like a thin shadowy tracing (still distinctive) instead of a thick double thumb like the 002. I've found about 50 of those.

I was just looking at the 100 on wexers site, and it seems to be a small doubling under the thumb. It seems closer to WDDr-008. His pics on the 100 are kinda hard to make out on that one. Does it look like the 8 but shallower?

Ok, so I got bored and I bought another bank box today on Ebay.....so sue me, haha..... this one was from a seller who doesn't have a huge coin selling history so I took a chance. She shows having sold a few of

these boxes in the past with positive remarks but I didn't recognize any of the buyers names. We'll see and I'll let you know what, if anything, I find. (silent prayer being said to get lucky and find some late die

stage obverse die crack 006 skeleton fingers....is that too much to ask?)

To answer Coincrazy: yes, the wddr-100 is similar to the 008 but a lot less pronounced or as you said "shallower".
    Good luck with your new purchase. I hope you get some good errors.
    Thank you sir! Hope your searches are going well too! Always a bit of a gamble but it's still fun....and you never know! I have had some luck before. Still have several errors out there that I haven't come

across yet. That's what motivates me. In search of the rarest of the rare!

<< <i>Thank you sir! Hope your searches are going well too! Always a bit of a gamble but it's still fun....and you never know! I have had some luck before. Still have several errors out there that I haven't come

across yet. That's what motivates me. In search of the rarest of the rare! >>

Any luck with your latest purchase?

I have been looking through some rolls that I have here and finding some WDDR 009 and some WDDR 024 and I think WDDR 099's but it is hard to tell on the 99 for sure . It is not worth the effort for these minor errors.
    Nothing exciting to report from my last box...opened 8 rolls with virtually no errors, just some die crack/breaks. I think this satisfies the itch for now and will look no further. Overall it's been a blast, not only

finding these errors but sharing information and making new friends along the way. Thank you all for helping legitimize and catalog these. I'm not sure why we haven't heard from anyone connected to publishing

these errors (ie Redbook, CPG, Wexler, Coneca, etc.) and sharing their personal insights but it IS refreshing to know that they're dramatically going to add value and interest to these in the near future.

Pitboss, Papi, CoincrazyPa, and the rest who have contributed here, I really have appreciated your collective input! A doubled thumbs up to you all! imageimage
    imageimage
    My latest find ... WDDR-076 stage "C" die crack ... finding stage "A's and "B's also, but the "C's" are obviously the more dramatic (and valuable?) Listed as one of Wexler's "Best Of" errors.

Averaging about one "C" per roll, 3 or 4 stage "B's (small die crack visible from the rim to the right top of the letter A in States) and 3 or 4 stage "A"'s (just the spike above Abe's forefinger and

small mark between fingers ; which is the 076 error itself.) I haven't researched these on Ebay, or anywhere else, as to what the value might be but for now I'm just sitting on them anyway for the future.

What do you all think? Ok, back to roll searching...just came up for air!
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Congrats on the search and the newest finds, I really like the die cracks on that one, it still amazes me how many things were all found in this short series. And the fact that you are finding these not in the mint boxes is pretty cool. Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
    Yeah Tommy1....this one reminds me of the wddr-013 "C" (now designated as "D" I think). The only difference of course is that the 13C was found in the mint boxes and its die crack is closer to Lincoln's face.

I do have some of the 13C's in my collection. The wddr-076's are coming out of a bank box. They are not easy to find. I blanked completely on three rolls and am averaging about 1 per roll overall. That's the

fun thing about searching the bank boxes. It's not like shooting fish in a barrel like some of the known dates in the mint set series where you'd find 20+ errors per roll. Well, back to the search...see ya round!
    I bought some of the boxes from the same source and found none of the 76's . It just goes to show you how these things run. Good job.
    Got the itch again....bought another bank box last night. Dreaming of special errors .... always the same dream....wddr-006 with late stage die cracks....
    I can see good things coming up for these coins.
    Just bought a collection from someone who needed the money for $850.
    70 WDDR 001*
    50 002*
    125 003
    25 004
    70 006*
    10 007
    50 050*
    170 catfish

Total 570 coins.
    240 of these coins will be in the new cherry pickers guide.
  • I have been reading this thread and enjoyed it. I just purchased some LP2 Mint Boxes to search with my boys.

I think my oldest will search Pennies and while waiting on his presidential dollars to be issued by the mint.

Question, has PCGS started attributing these?

And what number is the "King" of these varieties?

Morgan Everyman Set
    Member, Society of Silver Dollar Collectors.
    Looking for PCGS AU58+ 1901-P, 1896-O, & 1894-O
  • Another question,

Have any proofs been found that have these DDRs or Die Cracks?

Morgan Everyman Set
    Nickcap....no, PCGS has not begun attributing them yet. I believe they will once the new Cherrypickers Guide is issued in the coming months. In the meantime go to John Wexler's site to see all of the varieties

that have been identified to date. His site is www.doubleddie.com ... then go to the section for 2009p doubled dies. There are about 100 varieties. He also has a section on the proof errors, 2009d errors, etc.

It's fun to view his pics and then see them through your own loupe. As far as the KING of these errors...I think the consensus would be the wddr-006 skeleton finger. There are some late stage varieties out

there (not in my house sadly) that have obverse and reverse die cracks along with the skeleton finger....those would be the super-premium coins to own...imho. Good luck to you and your sons in your searches.

Be sure to look at all of the information on this thread and others here regarding dates and times that hold the best of the best inside! A doubled thumbs up! imageimage
  • ODH,

Thanks. I am actually looking at wexler's site right now. I have ordered 4 LP2 Boxes, and 1 of the others Mint Boxes.

I will talk with my bank and see what they have. Apparently they have craploads of coins stacked up still. I don't know if they still have 2009 Pennies. But they were happy to know I would be taking thier Kennedy half Dollars, Presidential Dollars, and Sac Dollars off thier Hands. (I don't know if that is good or not).

Also, I can easily get him bank boxes of Pennies to search at cost. THe Dollar boxes are $1,000. Easier to float a few boxes of pennies and dump them into coin star. My Grocery Store doesn't charge a premium if we get a gift card to there. And with 5 people in my house (3 Growing Boys) we have a good Grocery Bill every other week. So we can get multiple boxes of Pennies easily, but most of those will be 2012.

What is a good price to buy the Skeleton Finger DDR?

Morgan Everyman Set
    I haven't been tracking actual sales of the skeleton finger but Ebay would have a completed listings section that you could refer to. I would guess you'd be in around the $15-$20 range. Bank boxes (2009p) if

you can get them are great to search, especially if you can get them for the $25 face value. Good luck! P.S. what date and time lp2 boxes did you purchase?
    Do yourself a favor, find a credit union that will run you coins through a counter for you. It saves you a lot of grief. Most credit unions do this for their members at no charge.

• << <i>I haven't been tracking actual sales of the skeleton finger but Ebay would have a completed listings section that you could refer to. I would guess you'd be in around the $15-$20 range. Bank boxes (2009p) if

you can get them are great to search, especially if you can get them for the $25 face value. Good luck! P.S. what date and time lp2 boxes did you purchase? >>

Dates & Times LP2

4/29 9:20

5/01 11:02

5/06 7:21

5/4 8:21

Morgan Everyman Set
    Your best box is the one dated 4/29. From my file on this date and time frame you should find predominantly the wddr-005's. You may find a couple of 002's or 003's but mostly the 005's. The box dated 5/1

might have a few surprises in it. The one box I had was packaged about one hour before yours and had wddr-011's , an 004, and one very surprising 013 with the stage D die crack. I have not opened the other

dates you purchased so can't say for sure what you can expect. Overall, you and your sons will have a lot of fun opening and cataloging your finds. Let us know how you fare in your searches.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nickcap, the other thread to read is this. Between these two threads, you will learn enough to have a good idea of what's out there and the best date LP2 boxes to buy.

Many are watching these box listings and the number of prime boxes available are very scarce. What was once common, is no more. The doubled thumbs, 6th fingers, and skeleton fingers are the 3 most obvious and common varieties out there. CDDR-001, CDDR-002, and CDDR-009's.

Welcome to the Formative DDR club and good luck!

Typo edits.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
    Wayne,
    Did you see the list of what I bought from a lady today on ebay. I got 70 WDDR 001,50 WDDR 002, 125 WDDR 003,25 WDDR 004,70 WDDR

006,10 WDDR 007,50 WDDR 050, AND 170 catfish along with a bunch of other stuff that she had. I also got my ANACS order today . I sent

in 80 WDDR 025's and got 45 MS67, 32 MS66, and 3 MS 65. I looked at a lot of coins to come up with those grades but it was worth my time

and energy to cherry pick the ones I had to come up with that submission. I was surprised I did not get some 68's though as some of those

coins are really beautiful. I am going to send a whole bunch of WDDR 006's in next to be graded.
    I knew you weren't asleep Pitboss....that is one huge purchase. Can't wait to hear your grading results on the 006's. I'm not sure that I've even seen a graded 006 on Ebay come to think of it. I did see a listing

recently for 70 006's for about $550 but didn't see all the other errors listed in the description. Was that the same listing? I didn't have that much spare change laying around to even inquire or offer on it. Glad

you were able to get it. I still haven't received my bank box but now I've got the juices flowing again and can't wait to start digging through those rolls.

<< <i>Wayne,
    Did you see the list of what I bought from a lady today on ebay. I got 70 WDDR 001,50 WDDR 002, 125 WDDR 003,25 WDDR 004,70 WDDR

006,10 WDDR 007,50 WDDR 050, AND 170 catfish along with a bunch of other stuff that she had. >>

FABULOUS score. Lucky you I didn't see before. The Skeletons alone were worth it. CONGRATS!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

<< <i>I knew you weren't asleep Pitboss....that is one huge purchase. Can't wait to hear your grading results on the 006's. I'm not sure that I've even seen a graded 006 on Ebay come to think of it. I did see a listing

recently for 70 006's for about $550 but didn't see all the other errors listed in the description. Was that the same listing? I didn't have that much spare change laying around to even inquire or offer on it. Glad

you were able to get it. I still haven't received my bank box but now I've got the juices flowing again and can't wait to start digging through those rolls. >>

It was part of that listing. She had a 2nd listing which contained all those other coins. She had it all for $999 but accepted my offer of $850 total. I believe it was a total of 570 error coins but she was throwing in some extras that are bringing it to over 600 coins. I just used bill me later with 12 months at no interest.
    Good Morning All, Steve sounds like a great hoard that you picked off and in the longrun not a bad investment. I am going to open one of my boxes today, was going to leave them sealed but guess its time to do a search. Did call our host and was told there not doing these yet, but after the new guide comes out they might. Will report back later as to what I find and what date I opened..........Enjoy image

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • copperhuntercopperhunter Posts: 925 ✭✭✭
    I am very curious to see which varieties will be included in the new Cherrypicker's guide, and subsequently become part of the lincoln variety registry sets here.

Since there are so many variations on the LP2s, how will they determine which one's should be included. With the over 100+ 1960-D RPM varieties, there is still only one included (the small/large date), even though RPM #1 is very strong, as are several others that are not included.

Any speculation as to how many should be included?
    There are 3 people involved in getting info together for the new cherry pickers guide vol # 6, J T Stanton, Bill Fivaz, and Ken Potter.
    The ones that have CPG numbers currently assigned to them( as I understand it) are WDDR's 001, 002 , 006, 016, 025, 043, and 050.
    There will probably be more.

<< <i>I can see good things coming up for these coins.
    Just bought a collection from someone who needed the money for $850.
    70 WDDR 001*
    50 002*
    125 003
    25 004
    70 006*
    10 007
    50 050*
    170 catfish

Total 570 coins.
    240 of these coins will be in the new cherry pickers guide. >>

I just went through some of the contents of the box I just received.
    Wddr 001-113
    002-50
    003-190
    004-26
    005-41
    006-74
    007-10
    008-16
    010-22
    014-8
    043-1
    050-43
    catfish- 170
    2 massive die cracks

Hundreds of assorted pennies from 2010 double ears to 2012 pennies of every description.
    Check your horoscope Pitboss...time to play the lottery! Still waiting ( thought I might receive it today image ) for my bank box. All this talk about errors and I'm without fresh rolls to search!
    It will take me a while to go through all these coins plus I have to look at all by beautiful WDDR 025's I will be getting from ANACS Monday.
    This has been a great week for me.
    I picked out one of the boxes that I (thought) was a good date 4/17 and did not find any. The coins on the ends were toned already and the rest covered in the spots. 3 More boxes to open sometime in the future. 4/30----4/27-------and 4/15 Nice job on the score and let us know then results..............Enjoy image

Link to My Registry Set.

By the sounds of it Tom you should get them out of those rolls before they are all spotted.
    4/17 has been a strong date, all mine were solid producers -- what time was your box stamped Tommy? Bummer!
    Well I got a letter from the goverment and I am now officially retired so will go thru the other 3 boxes this next week, Time on the 4/17 box was 13.59 and like I said I too thought that was one of the good dates.....search continues woohooo..........Enjoy image

Link to My Registry Set.

• PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭

<< <i>Well I got a letter from the goverment and I am now officially retired so will go thru the other 3 boxes this next week, Time on the 4/17 box was 13.59 and like I said I too thought that was one of the good dates.....search continues woohooo..........Enjoy image >>

The 4 digit code is 9883 or 9774?
    box number 9774 image

Link to My Registry Set.

I had a box dated 4/17, time 13:20, batch 9774 that I opened quite awhile ago. I recorded finding 6 of the wddr-002's, several Catfish Abes, and several tip of his boot to rim die cracks. Not the greatest

finds ever for me but decent. The 002's seem to have become very common and as a result probably won't be the most sought after error in the future. High grades (once PCGS comes around and acknowledges

them on their slabs) will of course always demand a premium on any of the "best of" error cents. Good luck in your retirement and your future searches of these boxes.

Just a quick note to those who think the amount of identified and catalogued errors by Wexler et al on these is ridiculous and therefore less than interesting.....the LP1-p error list is longer---154! I challenge

anyone here (and kudos to John Wexler for having the powers of concentration that he MUST possess ) to go through each error (all log doubled die errors) and not get dizzy and confused by the slight

differences and nuances that seperates one from the other. Believe me, the LP2-p's are much more interesting, dramatic, and clear! Just had to share that...haha

A doubled thumbs up to you all....imageimage

<< <i>Well I got a letter from the goverment and I am now officially retired so will go thru the other 3 boxes this next week, Time on the 4/17 box was 13.59 and like I said I too thought that was one of the good dates.....search continues woohooo..........Enjoy image >>

Well, that's a really late time-stamp for that date. I never had that late, but will be wary from now on (and check the stack that still awaits). My latest was 10:46 of 30 boxes and they all were big winners for 001 and 002's.

Thanks for sharing. W

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file