Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Explain your handle

Comments

• Options
    RBB617RBB617 Posts: 497 ✭✭
    Man, my handle is beyond boring. Initials and my anniversary date/area code. I should have had someone with an imagination, like my 3 or 5 year old, give me a name. Of course then, I would have been Elmo, Power Ranger or Rescue Hero.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt (to the top)

There are a lot of new people around and it's not to late for the old timers.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    I needed to create a new email address fast, due to a business trip gone awry. Every name that I tried was used. I was at a convention for Micorosoft trainers and noticed a sign for an Evil MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainer) aftershow get together. It's stuck since then (and no, we really aren't that evil).

Lost an eye as a six year old and graduated from "The USC" which has garnet as a school color-hence garneteye

I spent many a night/weekend in the labs of the Swearingen Engineering Center circa 92-96

kyuss, after the best band in the world of course. Absolutely nothing to do with coins...

Hey, I'm not alone! I was able to see them in '94, one of the best/most underappreciated bands of its time. Too bad that they did not receive the recognition then that they seem to garner now.

my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options
    jt = my initials
    the wax part came into play when I used to DJ at a local club... one of my partners in crime announced me as jt"wax"... heh

Regards. JT
    Regards,

J. Taylor
    CONECA Member
    FSNC Member

• Options
    Birthday gift. image

• Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a Native American, but my handle is my Air Force rank. What I can't figure out is how I did 35 years in the Air Force and am only 39 years old...... image

Chief Bob

PS: very good thread, and very good insight into a lot of the handles!
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    my first post on forum so please forgive

building collection of morgan dollars for my son hence he is David Whitney and I am Stephen Whitney Strong gives a handle of dwssws

All male members of our family (since 1873 when original group arrived from europe) have the middle name of Whitney and nobody so far has had the courage to break tradition
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    <----- Self explanatory!
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    I really like the the racing game Gran Torismo, started playing it right after it came out. I found an online mb, grantorismo.com and hung out there for the great info on the game. As time went on i found out that i was just about the oldest person there so i changed my handle to oldGoat. I found that was taken a couple years later when i joined ebay so used anoldgoat there.
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields
  • Options
    here's the real story behind askari's handle...

While on death row, Knight spent nine years in solitary confinement, unable to see or talk to other inmates, and changed his name to Askari Abdullah Muhammed.

gleened from this story...

Supreme Court reinstates sentence for Death Row veteran

for shame, askari, that you hide your true identity!

• Options
    Started to collect coins in 1989
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • Options
    Name of our company: Jade Coin Company, LLC (jadecoin on the forum).

Here's how James (part owner of the business) came up the name "Jade": James starts with JA, Dennis (other part owner) starts with DE, hence the name JADE. Could have been DEJA, but James thinks that he has to be first at everything!

Dennis
  • Options
    This thread is too funny - of course I read about three pages wondering how there were so many posts in one day before it dawned on me to look at the dates!

Mine is from St. Croix, US Virgin Islands, my home away from home.
  • Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    I have been to St. Croix 2 or 3 times..great place..
    I have done ham radio operations from there image
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    way off topic, but Ham Radios SAVED our lives post hurricane Hugo in 1989!
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    m = first initial, good = first four of last name, M3 = what I drive.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    Great thread! To all those who didn't think their posts would be read, I read 'em all. Great stories. Mine is for my initials, M.E., and I live in Nebraska, NE, thus MEinNE. Catchy, huh? Ok, Ok. Enough of that snickering. The cow icon is the only one i could find to fit with Nebraska even though we are known for more than just steaks! Besides, I tried to use a picture of Warren Buffet and my system locked up. Hmmmmmmmm.
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    I love cycling, particularly mountain biking.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    dizzleccdizzlecc Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Great picture, distracting but nice.

My handle is the same as my ebay id.

Dizzle (first name starts with a D)

C (coins)

C (cars)

The two things I collect
  • Options
    NewmismatistNewmismatist Posts: 1,802 ✭✭
    This is my ebay user name - when I tired to sign up with Numismatist, it was already taken, so seeing as how I'm still learning about coins, I thought Newmismatist would be appropriate (bought my first coin in April, 1949, but I'm still learning - I like round ones, square ones, new ones, old ones, shiny ones, toned ones, red ones, brown ones, silver ones, gold ones, etc., etc. - too many coins, not enough time/money!)
    Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist
  • Options
    TayTayTayTay Posts: 465 ✭✭
    My two-year-old's nickname (and what he thinks is his real name, which is Trey)

Charlie
    "What are you putting that tape on your nose for?"
    "Exactly."

• Options
    Record long thread??
    Jack- middle name,Wash. quarters(first numismatic love)=Quarterjack

Dave
    Love those toned Washingtons
  • Options
    Mines the registration of the USS Voyager in Star Trek Voyager.
    Doc: "Marty! I didn't invent the time machine for financial gain. The intent here is to gain a clear perception of humanity. Where we've been, where we're going. The pitfalls and the possibilities. The perils and the promise. Perhaps even an answer to that universal question, why?"
  • Options

I am a general/trauma surgeon.
  • Options
    As an artist who collects old advertising (even if it is a repro) I immediately fell in love with the reverse of the Bridgeport Commemorative, which displays quite possibly the most striking example of Art Deco design I have ever seen. It is SO clean and linear, and the fact that it is on a coin is pretty impressive. I am not as impressed with the reverse of the Connecticut, though it was done by the same artist (though I love the obverse). So as a tribute to my favorite design era, I chose artdeco!
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    291 Fifth Avenue in New York was the original location of Alfred Stieglitz's photo/ art gallery in 1905. The gallery was originally referred to as "The Little Galleries of the Photo-Secession" but was generally just called "291". This has absolutely nothing to do with coins.

I am a serious photographer (using only light sensitive materials, no digital at the moment) and have also recently returned to painting and drawing after a long hiatus.

If any of you have access to a copy of the January, 2001 issue of POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHY look at the top of page 80 for one of my photos. The reproduction quality in the magazine is excellent.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,278
    I'm really the reincarnation of Wyatt Earp.

OK, didn't go for that one?

I'm a member of that reviled and despised species, a lawyer, who collects coins and numimatic literature and who has been known to represent a few coin dealers from time to time and otherwise litigate over numismatic legal issues. (Thus, combining business with pleasure, as it were).
    DSW
  • Options
    I have epilepsy and it is a twisted joke against my own seizures...... image
    Alexandria Collection

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house. - Proverbs 25:24
  • Options
    Zardoz

A really bad SciFi film made in the mid 70's starring Sean Connery. Zardoz was a flying stone god that enabled the elite to oppress the masses. Yeah, the film was that bad! The 51 is from Area 51 where my vessel was taken by the US Govt. in 1947 after a minor malfunction over Roswell, NM
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    The Furtrappers are a group of guys I play hockey with.

If any of you that find yourself in Ottawa, Canada during the months of January or February you are welcome to join us. All you need are skates, a stick and a pair of long johns (we play on the outdoor rinks).

(-40C is approximately -40F) A little thing most Furtrappers know all too well.

• Options
    All these interesting stories about where user names came from..... mine was a simple copy/paste of my Ebay ID. I'm working on a more interesting story, but that's it for now......
    Paul Fillmore
    ANA LM5200
  • Options
    My first name is "Paul" and I think Uriah Heep is the greatest Rock & Roll Band around. image

Paul
  • Options
    I own a condo; the 355 is the apt #.....

Steve
  • Options
    spy88spy88 Posts: 764 ✭✭
    spy88---the first two letters (sp) are the first two letters of my last name. Y is the last letter of my last name. 88 is my favorite number
    twice.
    Everything starts and everything stops at precisely the right time for precisely the right reason.
  • Options
    ttt

There are a few "newbies" and some interesting new handles.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    I own the business name "Cosmos Enterprises" and I am 6'6" tall. Hence the handle Cosmos66.
    Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• Options
    My favorite book is Ann Rands Fountainhead and reading this book I learned quite a bit about gold,
    Michael
  • Options
    Andre is my middle name and I was born in 1946.

David
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

• Options
    Riff Raff - because I love doing the Time Warp Again (Rocky Horror Picture Show), and 1967 is the year I was born.

Riff-Raff: With a bit of a mind flip
    Magenta: You're into a time slip
    Riff-Raff: And nothing can ever be the same.
    Magenta: You're spaced out on sensation. HAH!
    Riff-Raff: Like you're under sedation!
    All: Let's do the time warp again!

SNIKT!
    You are doing well, subject 15837. You are a good person.
  • Options
    "coin"- that should be obvious...

"mickey"- my boss (you figure it out)....
    Rufus T. Firefly: How would you like a job in the mint?

Chicolini: Mint? No, no, I no like a mint. Uh - what other flavor you got?

• Options
    Because I didn't shave about 5 to 6 days. Call it schizo-typal episodes if you'd like! Then there's Elton John's tune "razorface" from "Madman across the Water."....image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    Basketball Official, Board 18.image
    "so precious life is! even to the old the hours are as a miser's coins!"
    Thomas Aldrich
  • Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I chose my forum name since I hunt for high-grade clad coinage and submit them to PCGS.
    You know, those cupro-nickel sandwich coins.
  • Options
    Mine is pretty well self explanatory. This is a moniker, that my employees gave me. Not something a Mother would give a child...LOL

Bulldog
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... named after the protagonist of a couple of old Isaac Asimov novels, "The Caves of Steel" and "The Naked Sun"

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    tcmits = first letter of each word from the phrase "the celebrated man in the street" from American literature and history.
  • Options
    Bugs = a name that progressed from a strange start!

When I was in high school, my 2 yr. older brother thought I had cute "buns", so the nickname "bun bun"...from there it progressed to "bunny", then "bugs bunny", and now just "Bugs"!

~*Bugs*~
  • Options
    I was at work a # of years ago, and I was trying to register for a stock chat board. Had to come up with a name. Tried everything I could think of that was catchy and they were all taken. At the time I was in to sailboarding, Had a photo of a dude inverted at about 20 ft above the Columbia river (Mt Hood area). Across his sail was the name "NOLIMITZ" image
  • Options
    TTT for all the newcomers.
    Tempus fugit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file