Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Explain your handle

OK, I know this is a little off topic, so don't shoot me. image But, I'm curious about the stories behind a lot of the "handles" people use here on the forum. If your handle isn't your name or your company, then how did you come up with it?

In my case, "Petescorner" is the name I use on eBay so it made sense to use the same one here. I have a 3 year old son named Peter, and I figured that most of the coin selling and subsequent coin buying that I do on eBay will some day get passed on to him anyway. Hence, Pete's corner. Anybody else want to share?

-Dan <--not Pete image

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    It was a birthday gift.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    I like prooflike classic coins.

• Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    I like PQ Peace dollars !
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I like gold coins and had preference for the larger 1 troy ounce size. And so the handle seemed appropriate. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    My handle?

OK, it's white and on the left side of the tank, but why do you need that info......Ohhhh, you ment....Oh I get it...

I drive a Paseo....I am a guy....Thus...MRPASEO.

Ray
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I used to restore classic cars, and a 66-Tbird 428 was the one of my babies that I couldn't finish do to lifes little hand outs.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    My wife and I collect bears of all types; Teddy bears, teapots, salt & pepper shakers, magnets, cookie jars,music boxes and Boyds bears. A lot of fuzzy and furry creature abide in our abode. Bear
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Free of blue
    Free but blue
    Blue but free

OR, free of clue??

Use your imagination... or you are free of clue!!!
    Kennedy Halves, Early Silver Commemorative, Modern proof gold eagles, proof sets, Modern Commemorative, Chinese coins, Australia Sovereign and Modern, British Sovereign, and Euros.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Outlined against a blue-gray sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below.
    A cyclone can't be snared. It may be surrounded, but somewhere it breaks through to keep on going. When the cyclone starts from South Bend, where the candle lights still gleam through the Indiana sycamores, those in the way must take to storm cellars at top speed.
    ..............Those who have tackled a cyclone can understand. Grantland Rice.
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work for a large multi-national corporation with a huge LAN. My official title is Network Engineer. At one time I was the owner of the LAN so to speak (actually just the fileservers on the LAN - but you get the idea), therefore I was the LanLord. The name seemed easy to remember.
  • Options
    Heavycopper = Large cent collector. I had just bought my first MS Large cent when I started posting on this board.
  • Options
    KeyrockKeyrock Posts: 961
    Keyrock was the name of a character on Saturday night live. He was the primitive caveman lawyer (I'm in biotech, not law). Back when Collectors Universe use to have weekly auctions that was how I registered, never thinking it would be a public thing.

Rich
  • Options
    I'm a professional paranoid, I used a random character generator.

Scott M
    Scott M

Everything is linear if plotted log-log with a fat magic marker
  • Options
    I have been involved with sprint-car racing for over a decade. There is a brand of tire called "Hoosier" that is prominent in the open-wheel dirt track scene. I have always been a major advocate for these tires to any racing team who will listen to me (not many! LOL) and of course the "Who's yer Daddy" slogan has been around for quite some time, so it seemed like a normal marriage! Most people just call me "hoosier", and those who do now know the history just suppose that I am from Indiana. Oh well!

I still keep a webpage up on the Missouri Sprint car scene, even though I am in Virginia...

HoosierDaddy Racing
  • Options
    psxchellypsxchelly Posts: 568 ✭✭
    I guess since i'm 30 this may be wierd for some of you "adults" but I can beat just about any Playstation 1 or Playstation 2 game in a matter of hours, and my real name is michelle, hence

psx = (slag term for playstation system)
    chelly = michelle

psxchelly

Oh my god, it doesnt have anything to do with coins!
  • Options
    It's my nickname picked up when I was a toddler. I had bowed legs.

Why has it stuck all these years? Well, I won't give you my whole name, but the word "Herbert" is involved. Needless to say I never discouraged the use of Bo image

Bo
  • Options
    I like to find coins.image
    Need a website? Future Design Solutions has custom professional website design starting at just $249!

Check us out today!
    http://www.futuredesignsolutions.com
  • Options
    IrishMike - why don't sports writers write like that anymore? (I guess that's a rhetorical question!)

I like beer and I like company!
    Home brew is best - Never drink alone
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    It's the handle from the origional BBS system (CPM bulliton board system), many... many... years ago.

It just kinda stuck....

God I'm oldimage

See what you did now...image

I'm going to have to go out and buy a new coin to cheer me up....image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    SemperFISemperFI Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    SemperFI = Latin for " Always Faithful "
    I was and Active Duty Marine with 2nd Battalion 3rd Marines Golf Company Kanehoe Bay, HI & Okinawa, Japan and Marine Forces Pacific (MARFORPAC) Camp Smith, HI

Yep, I got lucky where I was stationed at.
  • Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Roger E & Laura L Anderson

Keyrock...you could have used a different handle...my original CU (pre-message board, pre-online registry) username was atmyworst.

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Options
    Mine is a "nice" way of my wife saying I'm a strange egg.image
    Small cents - ain't they beautiful!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm going to have to go out and buy a new coin to cheer me up.... >>

Marty,

That big pile of 71 proof sets you grabbed this morning wasn't enough?image Man, as soon as I saw you in those auctions, I knew I was dead meat.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 1,240 ✭✭
    I hope mine is rather obvious.

TRimageTH
  • Options
    Before I retired I was Cap to most of my fellow firefighters.

Retired Fire Captain, John

• Options
    It was the handle I used when I first signed up for CU back in early 1998 and I just never bothered to change it, gold nuggets are just one of the many things I have collected over the years.
  • Options
    I am from Oklahoma, so I am ROBBItheOKIE.
    COINHUNTER
  • Options
    bigtonydallasbigtonydallas Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    My name is Tony, I am 6'3", 400 lbs = big, and I live in Dallas!!!!!!!
    Big Tony from Texas! Cherrypicking fool!!!!!!
  • Options
    jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    Pretty cool thread. I've wondered about some of you guys.

Jhar is the contraction of my first and last names. I used to go to Star Trek Conventions dressed as a Klingon. Some one told me that almost anyone could have a cool sounding Klingon name by taking the first letter of their first name and combining it with the last three letters of their last name. Hence J'Har.

Quo' Pla!!!
    J'har
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "gmarguli" was already taken.

peacockcoins

• Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    My handle has a double meaning. I love deep mirrored proof coins and I can also be a source of Mint information (think Deepthroat from Watergate).
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    nuckleheadnucklehead Posts: 1,500
    When I was a kid I was a big fan of Jerry Mohoney and Nucklehead Smith, two puppets who had a tv show, Used to really crack me up. Any of you younger folks Nucklehead Smith looked alot like the Irish singer Shanade O'Conner. Hmmm seperated at birth maybe?
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    Gee, Knucklehead I would have guessed some kind of Jerome "Curly" Howard reference. But, Good name anyway!!!imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    J'har
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like planes, does it make sense? Good! I use this for EVERYTHING except eBay (and I added my birthday, 312, to some where I had to)

<< <i>I hope mine is rather obvious. TRimageTH >>

It isn't you filthy stinkin' lier imageimageimage

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    My customers started calling me Mrpawn several years ago. When I joined the electronic age it just seemed natural
  • Options
    image Well now it seems that this is as good a time to come out of my shell as any.Hello forum.My name is Patrick and I'm a coinahollic.
    My handle is MAULUMALL.(maul them all)I had a very close and dear friend give it to me about 7 or 8 years ago.His name was Sonny.I had gotten into a pretty unhealthy relationship with this mentally deranged fem.Sonny helped me move out of her place and gave me a place to stay.When I started to date again I was kinda out of controll and was seeing a lot of different women.When I didn't particually care for their attitude I would just tell them We were done.After about 6 orso times Sonny looked at me and told me he was going to get me a personalized plate for my car ... MAULEMALL...
    Sonny passed away 3 years ago this July 3.The name has just stuck.
    Being new I will make the same newby mistakes.forgive me in advance.
  • Options
    Six ft. 260#, small next to Tonyimage
    My proof Jeffs
  • Options
    nuckleheadnucklehead Posts: 1,500
    Thanks Jhar, I wish there was an icon of Nucklehead Smith I'd use it for sure.
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    Cosmicdebris is the title of a very cool Frank Zappa song.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    My last name and what I collect.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    TWQG= the washington quarter guy
    a tongue in cheek tribute to the first series that I collected, silver washington quarters.

Sean
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    Toneddollars not to original but it does tell all my favorite coin
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    Laserart is a file name I use to store artwork in the computer, I do custom Laser engraving and cutting. My name is Ken.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    BigDipperBigDipper Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I collect only white coins, I don't appreciate toned coin. And whenever I come across a toned coin - I DIP IT!

I know i won't make too many friends with that comment.imageimage
    Go METS!!!
  • Options
    I got this name in the Air Force. I did all the Jobs everyone else was afraid to do Cause they thought it was too DDDANGEROUS. Like checking for leaks on a running jet engine or changing parts up 65 feet in the tail of an airplane.

DAN
    United States Air Force Retired And Would Do It Again.

My first tassa slap 3/3/04

My shiny cents

imageThe half I am getting rid of and me, forever and always Taken in about 1959
  • Options
    My username on Ebay is Kryptonitecomics. I love Comic Books and I used to sell some on Ebay, so since I am a Superman buff, the name fit.
  • Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    Not sure if anyone will get this far into the thread, but here is my contribution.

My heritage is Irish and my last name begins "Mc" so someone is always calling me Mac. A long time ago, one of my buddies called me Mac the Knife, which is an old song. That turned into Blade and has stuck since then.
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My handle is too complicated to explain.
  • Options
    Parole Agent pays the bills. name is jim since agentjim was taken I added the 007 for suspense. Its also a babe magnet right?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file