Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt - - for all the newbies.

(to the top)
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    "Ag" is the identifier for silver on the periodic table. I felt like I'd arrived when I acquired my first silver coin as a kid and silver coins have held a special place in my heart since. I've also been a pilot for the last few years with hopes of one day flying for the airlines. "Agflyer" just seemed to be an appropriate mix of a couple of my loves!image
    Rick II
    I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • Options
    honeywah was given to me by my husband.
    1 DAMMIT GIRL!!!!! SEPT.25,2003
    2nd DAMMIT GIRL!!!!! DEC.7,2003
    Got another dammit girl but don't remember when.
    1 Your a BRAVE soul AWARD from MRKELSO
    reedleslie.com
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    I am a graduate student in Geology, hence Geoman.

Geoman

• Options
    I like classic cameo proofs, anything pre-WWI.
    If I was referring to myself I would have to change my handle to middleagedcameoproofsguy <--------That would never fit!
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first passion is sailing, coins are something I enjoy during the off-season and to a lesser extent during the sailing season. Outhaul is what you use to increase or decrease the tension on the foot of the mainsail depending upon wind conditions and point of sail.

Linkage to my web page, I hope to add a coin page soon.

Linkage

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    abm are the 1st initials of my kids, Luce is my last name. Nothing fancy
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    Born in 1956, like to collect quarters. image
  • Options
    When I got on ebay the TV show The Commish was popular and I just made a play on words off that. Just made my CU name the same as my ebay name. Don't really like the name and am thinking about changing it. The only thing stopping me is that people know me and I'll have to start all over again when I change it.
  • Options
    My handle is an old take on Bear. My friends and family call me some derivation of Bear (daddy bear, Mr. Bear, Uncle Bear, etc.) because I am fairly tall and bearish in appearance. We (my wife and I) have lots of bears throughout the house (as well as two children/cubs).

Ursa comes from the latin for Bear and the nickname goes to indicate "a bear's bear."
  • Options
    ttt
    to-the-top

Should be enough new members to warrant trotting this out again.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    I'm the only person I know that uses a 2 Wood off the tee. It works great for me...when I hit it right! Twowood
  • Options
    i cant believe i read every one of thoses.some interesting posts my name is from a character in THE HOBBIT.a book by jrr tolkien
  • Options
    As in Range Rover. (That I bought my wife for her birthday, but drive just as much as her, or more image )
  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    Mine's obvious to some, not so obvious to others. I study copper US coinage, mainly the Lincoln cent, Indian cent, and two cent coin. I have a friend who studies large cents, half cents, and tax tokens, CWTs. He also does the Indians and two cent coins. Coppercoins is the collective effort (initially) between the two. It has been around since November 1999 with many improvements within the past six months.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 898 ✭✭
    Mine has nothing to do with coin collecting. *gasp*

I like playing a few real time strategy games online and was a beta tester for Age of Mythologies, the new game by Ensemble Studios coming out end of this month. Loki is a minor god that you can choose to help your civilization. image
  • Options
    ttt
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    aw, go ahead - take a wild guess.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options

<< <i>I raise rottweiler dogs,hence rottsimage >>

roots:

thought you might enjoy seeing our two new arrivals. These were taken at seven weeks - they are now eleven and sprouting.

Conan at left, Turbo at right.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    ZerbeZerbe Posts: 587 ✭✭
    I am using Zerbe because I am doing the proof morgan set. Thinking of changing it to lanlord and doing the Shania set.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    Tales from Topographic Oceans-YES

Relayer
    All the dying cried before you
    Relayer
    We've rejoiced in all their meaining
    Relayer
    We advance we retrace our stories

Like a dreamer all our lives are only lost begotten changes
    We relive in Seagull's pages

Things are all in colours and the size of others shall send you forward
    Arranged to sail you toward
    A peace of mind
    Will we reach
    Winds allow
    Other skylines
    Other skylines to hold you

Relayer
    All the passion spent on one cross
    Relayer
    Sail the futile wars they suffer
    Relayer
    We advance we retrace our story, fail safe now

Stand on hills of long forgotten yesterdays
    Pass amongst your memories told returning ways

Shine over mountains make the view
    The strength of you seeing lies with you

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Relayer, used to listen to that album for hours, not many people liked it, but I did !
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    Your name is Daniel Glen, so I put Dan and Glen together to come up with "danglen". Of course, its my eBay name as well and I just remembered, it's my name as well. How did that happen?
    Peter's Granpa<<<<<danglenimage
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    ...the best hockey team in the world...
  • Options
    Ogdens in the US since 1639. Honoring that name!!!!!!!!!!!! My family!!!!

Ogden
  • Options
    Flew to the Phillipines to meet my ship. (USN) Spent all my money in the two weeks I was waiting for it to return from a 6 month cruise. When the ship got there I was broke and had doen all I could do in PI. (anyone been there before?) . The first day I sat on the boat on the couch in front of the TV with nothing to do and no money.

Scott Greoulex ET2, bug eyed b@stard with a quick wit and an ast temper, go figure. Said "What the F*%k are you doing down here when your not on duty, go out and get you a who@e you Couch Potato."

Therefore Couch or CouchP since then. going on 15 years.

• Options
    Hi Couch, been there, done that. Olangapo (spelling), what a place. No rules!!!!

Ogden
  • Options
    ttt- To The Top (of the message board).
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    My Name was given to me in the form of a hat, from my employees. So now when I wear the hat on job sites, I tell people "hey, I didn't win this hat in a raffle" They get the message and learn quickly not to screw with me!
    Proud to have fought for America, and to be an AMERICAN!

No good deed will go unpunished.

Free Money Search
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    I am really clueless as to why I used the Bop part after Lucy. I mean, what was I thinking?
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    One of my other interests is Hiking/Backpacking.

I've hiked over 900 miles of the AT (oops around here that's a nasty- I'm referring to the Appalachian Trail). The AT has a series of registers along the way so you can be tracked down in case of emergencies. Of course nowadays with cell phones you are not nearly as isolated as in the past.

In keeping with tradition, these registers are always sign using a handle or trail name. I am 6'-2" tall and 230 lbs. I am unusually large for a Backpacker. I've been called the "FatMan" on the trail for years.

Every time I see AT written in the threads it makes me ache for a hike in the woods. There is nothing more peaceful than packing everything you need on your back and hitting the trail for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Started to get really serious with coin collecting in 1989.
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • Options
    kyuss, after the best band in the world of course. Absolutely nothing to do with coins...
    ------------

My Blog
    ---------------------------------
    90% lurker, 10% poster, 100% American!
  • Options
    Mine's simple. There is a lot to be thankful for. Every breath is a gift.

• Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    I catch fish and cook 'em. In fact, I'm hungry right now, because my freezer is empty. Might go this week and see if I can change those situations...

• Options
    UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭
    I'm an accountant image at the University of Central Florida. My nephew attended (and graduated) UCF and would call me Uncle Joe. After that all the students have been calling me Uncle Joe for years.

I also have a total 7 nieces and nephews and 13 great nieces and nephews with one on the way.

(Uncle) Joe.
  • Options
    Time for a ttt? A lot of the most recent ones are self explanatory though?
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    71 is just a lucky number. It seemed to fit with "ms", since the grades only go to 70.
    Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd explain the meaning of my alternate handle but I haven't thought of one yet. Any ideas?

I may regret asking that question.image
  • Options
    First name: Barnett
    Nickname: Barney (aka boy named Sue)
    Handle: Barney

there.
    Nicht mehr Münzen-für jetzt!
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    I'm a wire service editor -- it also was my job title when I worked for the Associated Press
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a passion for Roosevelt dimes. I Don't know why, I just do.image
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    because "barracuda" is always already taken.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    take a wild guess
  • Options
    Maddox is my middle name. Most call me Maximage
    " I hoard coins, that's what I do, it's my nature"
    I currently have three very beautiful Yellow Labrador Retriever's. They are: Green's Joshua James; Green's Angel Gabriel and Green's Candy Kate. Had three others prior to these three (which we lost all in the span of one year). The smallest weighs 74lbs. All five of us sleep on a king size bed. I just love labs.
    LabLover
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    zepzep Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Mine is for my favorite rock band, Led Zepellin.
  • Options
    Hey Nucklehead - I thought Jerry Mahoney's buddy was Nucklehead Smif! image

In the old country my surname meant Sugarman, and my beautiful bride of 47+ years was born in Japan, so from the Japanese sato for sugar and otoko for man: Satootoko. Besides, I'm really a sweet guy. image

I've used it on all the auction and coin sites I've joined in the last few years.image starting with E-Bay.
    Roy

• Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
    Initials and YOB.
  • Options

<< <i>By the way amateur radio is another very expensive hobby. >>

You got that right!image

AC6H here
    Roy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji