Home U.S. Coin Forum

Explain your handle

Comments

• The "k" is for Ken. The "steelheader" is for my sport of steelhead fishing. The fishermen on the Salmon River in upstate NY cringe when I show up!!
  • "TWOWOOD"...It's my favorite wood on the golf course. Twowood image
  • MadMonk actually did the Monastic Life. Instead, I Decided to live in the world.
    I still have a strong sense of spirit, however, I try to live spiritually without all the do's and don'ts.
    Without all the judgement; without all the sectarian dogma. If I explained my ideas to a priest or a monk, they say I was mad. So......MadMonk.
    I bid you peace.image
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

• << <i>Hey Nucklehead - I thought Jerry Mahoney's buddy was Nucklehead Smif! image

In the old country my surname meant Sugarman, and my beautiful bride of 47+ years was born in Japan, so from the Japanese sato for sugar and otoko for man: Satootoko. Besides, I'm really a sweet guy. image

I've used it on all the auction and coin sites I've joined in the last few years.image starting with E-Bay. >>

You're right, Mr.Lee corrected me on this as well.Been so long since I saw the show (I'm 50 years old) I'd forgotten the collect spelling and pronunciation.image
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • I've always held a facination for these mythical creatures. I also use this alias for just about anything else on the internet as well. If any of you waste your time playing Unreal Tournament, then you may have seen me around as Draco[G4].

If any of you live in the south central PA region and run accross a Jeep Liberty with DRACO vanity tags, thats me image
  • When I first joined the board I used my initials. Boring. Then I saw Ray's 'mrpaseo', and I remembered that my grandfather -- after whom I am named -- was called 'Mr Fred'. Hence my handle. Nb. as I recall, I lost my message count when I deleted and re-started and so had to work my way back up thru about 200 posts. No problem. 'mrfred' has special meaning to me.
    Life got you down? Listen to John Coltrane.
  • NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combination of my last name and my three DeSoto automobiles - 1939, 1950, and 1955. The '55 has the original 291 hemi, the '50 won 2nd place at the National DeSoto Club convention in 2000. DeSoto's are known for their huge chrome "toothy" grilles and hemi engines.

My last name is Swedish, I grew up in the Seattle Scandinavian neighborhood of Ballard.
    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • Alas not a unit of measurement, just a reference to my birthplace
  • See TWOG'S explaination, i've always loved the Washington's. Then after doing business with R&I, i got hooked on proof Washingtons. Thanks for the icon Rick! image

Dave
    Love those toned Washingtons
  • Woodwind because I play saxophone and clarinet, and I should be learning flute shortly.
    Lurking proudly on internet forums since 2001
  • WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    I work for an ISP too.

• do my best ta fix the autos other folks "crash test" each day in the mile high metro. best bone-head spur of the moment handle I could grab when I signed on....................A.V.B.
    ctf

• First initial and last name...easy does it
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt- (to the top)

I'll bet all you newbies didn't expect any homework.
    You don't really have to read it, but some are curious about your handle.
    Tempus fugit.
  • When I was getting signed up for the forums I could not think of a name and then all of a sudden it came to me. I love coins and I am addicted to the hobby. If it were not for this hobby I would not know what to do with my time so it is probably a good thing that I am addicted to my collecting hobby. image
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭

<< <i>so it is probably a good thing that I am addicted to my collecting hobby. >>

a very good addiction to have.image
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • From back in the day when my money went to Vegas instead of into Morgans. They just LOVED me at the paigow tables in Mirage and Treasure Island....
  • jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    imagePlace of residence abreviated and estate fund x3 is in the picture!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    was a nickname that I picked up in the Navy, Last name of Boswell ,Became the-boz.
  • src are my initials, and I was 53 when I changed it from src52.

Because dpoole hates it, I keep it!

• Just my nickname!
    Glenn
  • njcoincranknjcoincrank Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    nj-The place where I live.

coincrank-A term "coined" by B. Mex Mehl in the early 20th century for someone who collects or deals in rare coins.

Hence,

njcoincrank
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • First and middle name followed by the year I graduated from college.
    Marc
  • I am Big Bad Chad and 777 is for good luck!
  • Lost an eye as a six year old and graduated from "The USC" which has garnet as a school color-hence garneteye

Dan
    The glass is half full!
  • Well... It's obvious what coin I enjoy collecting!!!
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Ok, I grew up in Pittsburgh. Being the only little fat oriental kid in town, I got the nickname. I hated it when I was little. Until I was in high school and was 6'3 230lbs. That's when I thought it was a cool nickname. Stuck with me ever since.

Hey psx it's not weird at all. 32 yr old ps2 freak over here.
  • Bear.....you didn't mention the California Commemorative half dollar.....which has, of course, a great looking Bear on the reverse!

You've "gots" to have one of those!!!!! image

Oh.....my "handle".......no brainer! My name is Joe and i've been a jewelry repairman since i was 15 years old.......over 32 years at a bench! I use it as my ebay user name also with my @yahoo .com extension added. (joejeweler@yahoo.com)

<< <i>My wife and I collect bears of all types; Teddy bears, teapots, salt & pepper shakers, magnets, cookie jars,music boxes and Boyds bears. A lot of fuzzy and furry creature abide in our abode. Bear >>

The Ex-"Crown Jewel" of my collection! 1915 PF68 (NGC) Barber Half "Eliasberg".

Once again resides with Legend, the original purchaser "raw" at live Eliasberg auction. Laura and i "love" the same lady!

• ERER Posts: 7,345
    Wow! What a thread. The longest ( I think ) and best one so far.

By the way, I'm an ER Doc, from Houston, loving every minute of it.
  • I chose glassman because I have been a glassblower for five years. I was a woodworker for over 20 years; so glassman is better than termite.
    gravity--it's the law.
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well,

Mine is pretty easy. I love coins and I'm a Naval officer (Lieutenant).

John
  • describes the road that got me here
    That humanity at large will ever be able to dispense with artificial paradises seems unlikely. Most men and women lead lives at the worst so painful, and at the best so monotonous, poor, and limited, that the urge to escape, the longing to transcend themselves, if only for a few moments, is and always has been one of the principal appetites of the soul.

Aldous Huxley

Yabba dabba doo.

Fred Flintstone

• Not a newbie but just forgot to add mine last year ...

About 10 years ago, we had started a Fantasy Football league (now with modernization, I am in 4 of them) and my handle was fantasize. After I won a second time, it became fantasiize. I have since won that particular league 4 times, but everything was registered as fantasiize and I did not want to change to fantasiiiize.
    My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??
  • Tade is my first name.

I had an uncle named Tate who lost his life in the Button War in Muscatine, Iowa. My mother liked the
    name but did not like him, so she changed the "t" to a "d".
  • I'm a Air Traffic Controller in Atlanta and my firs name is Bob, Hence: ATCBob
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I deliver.

• FinallyHereFinallyHere Posts: 821 ✭✭✭
    When I finally joined at the urging of many, I chose the name FinallyHere since I had finally decided to join.

Mike Printz
    My Site
    Mike Printz
    Harlan J. Berk, Ltd.
    https://hjbltd.com/#!/department/us-coins
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt (to the top)
    Tempus fugit.
  • mojoriznmojorizn Posts: 1,380
    mojorizn=mr mojo risin=jim morrison

I'm a DOORS freak and one of my favorite songs is L.A. Woman. At one point in his drunken stupor Jim repeats "Mister Mojo Risin'" over and over until the song just explodes and I think it's really cool!image
    "I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com
  • k10 is my badge number.
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot
  • CoppernicusCoppernicus Posts: 1,764
    Coppernicus - I specialize in Lincoln wheats, and one of my hobbies is astronomy! Couldn't ask for a better handle!

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!

• << <i>"Rays" is slang for Radiology >>

So, are you a Radiologist?

• << <i>i'm a dork and my name is karl, and i'm a dork >>

Hey, we all collect coins, so I guess we're all dorks image I guess I should change my handle to dorkdocday2003!
  • numonebuyernumonebuyer Posts: 2,136
    Numonebuyer is short for Number One Buyer. I use this name on many different venues (including Yahoo, eBay, Amazon, AOL IM, etc.).

I wanted a name that showed how I would respond to my purchases:
    1. I establish contact with sellers almost immediately upon close of deals/auctions.
    2. I make super fast payments.
    3. I let sellers know when I receive goods.
    4. I leave feedback (where applicable).

I try to make the transaction a very positive experience for sellers. In summary, I try to treat sellers how I would like to be treated when I am the seller.

Numonebuyer
  • I was born with it, I didn't get to choose it's configuration as that was predetermined by someone other than myself, and it fits me well image
  • barberloverbarberlover Posts: 2,228 ✭✭
    It's nice to have a nick. that is self explanitory.

The first time I ever saw a Barber half, I knew I was a "Barber Lover" but some people have sent me pictures of there barbers who cut hair [hopefully as a joke since they were all guys] lol.
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • mine is just an abb. of my name, also my license plate.. great thread.
  • My name is self explanatory.
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    My main collecting specialty is Unc. German Imperial era coins, including its colonies. Ever since I learned about the amazing WWI guerrilla war fought in German East Africa by a small number of German colonial troops, sailors, and their native soldiers against the might of the British Empire ... and the Indians ... and the Belgians ... and the Portuguese ... and the South African Boers yet never surrendering, I've been fascinated by the story. Unfortunately, it's all but unknown here in the US ... probably because only a handful of Americans were ever involved. The German force succeeded in part because their farsighted commander, Col. Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck integrated his force, welding together those with a knowledge of modern warfare and those with a knowledge of how to move, live, and fight in the bush. The native troops were known as askaris. My eBay handle is "askari_mark" since "askari" was already taken.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Bootleg is a flight pattern we used during test flights

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file