Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Explain your handle

Comments

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do research on the effect of space flight on how drugs are absorbed into the body, distributed throughout the body, and subsequently eliminated from the body . . . that's the "astro" part. The "rat" part is from, well, we use a rat model of simulated space flight. Sorta like "Rats in Space".

Lane

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine's pretty obvious in the Coin collecting world, but when other non-collecting types hear it they usually have an image of Dan Akroyd when he was the old "Norge" refrigerator repairman and he would bend over with his jeans a little too low.....
  • Options
    Do I have to explain?

Dollars dude, Dollars
    Dave
    In Laurel
    MD

Just a fist full of Dollars
  • Options
    VetVet Posts: 1,513
    I am a Viet Nam vet,and from Alaska, hence the wolf
    "Freedom of speech is a great thing.Just because you can say anything does not mean you should.
  • Options
    "Dominus Deus" is part of the lyrics to a song called "Salva Nos", which comes from an anime called Noir.

Here's a nice clip (102 kB) of audio from episode 10 of Noir (you can hear some of the background stuff, but it doesn't really matter), which has an EXTREMELY well done vocal of one of the lines from the song Salva Nos. The song its self doesn't sound like that (but damn I wish it did, though), but the song Salva Nos is one of my favorite songs, anyways (as is most of Noir OST I).

The audio clip is in ogg vorbis format (an audio format), so you'll need a media player that will handle vorbis files (such as Winamp 2.81 or greater, which is what I suggest).

Salva Nos (Save Us)
    Lyricist: Kajiura Yuki
    Composer: Kajiura Yuki
    Arranger: Kajiura Yuki
    Vocalist: Kaida Yuriko

Dominus Deus
    exaudi nos et misrere
    exaudi, Dominus
      Lord GodHear us, the wretchedHear us, Lord
    Dona nobis pacem
    et salva nos a hostibus
    Salva nos, Deus
      Grant us peaceAnd save us from the enemySave us, God
    Dominus exaudi nos
    Dominus misrere
    Dona nobis pacem
    Sanctus, Gloria
      Lord hear usLord have mercyGrant us peaceHoly, Glory
    dona nobis pacem
    e dona eis requiem
    inter ovas locum
    voca me cum benedictis
    pie jesu domine, dona eis requiem
    dominus deus, Sanctus, Gloria
      Grant us peaceAnd give them restAmongst this rejoiced placeCall me with the blessedMerciful Jesus, give them restLord God, Holy, Glory

Yes, I like anime. Well, "like" is an understatement.
    ... leave me alone.. ¬_¬

And hey, if anyone wants the actual song, lemme know (will be in vorbis format).
  • Options
    I used to colect Colt firearms and my nickname is Gus.
    I'd rather be lucky than good.
  • Options
    poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317
    Well, let's just say that I value the more important things in life. image

Oh yeah, I like coins too.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    My other hobby is saltwater reef aquariums, also a huge moneypit, only no chance for a profit. I like to keep up with "cutting edge" techniques in that hobby. My friend has a pet store and is more old-fashioned. He christened us (disparigingly) as "Reef Geeks."
    And I'm a professional computer geek.
    Oh yeah, and I work weeekends at a sideshow biting the heads off chickens. image
    ReefGeek
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Around this household if you do something stupid, you're a dork. My husband just doesn't quite get my Morgans. So, it's my nickname from my husband.

BTW, this is a wonderful thread. I burned up the morning reading all the posts. Thanks for all the interesting info. Becky
    Becky
  • Options
    IwogIwog Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭
    Pauliwog
    "...reality has a well-known liberal bias." -- Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    NumismanicNumismanic Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    Numismanic is a combination of numismatics which is my passion and manic which means obsession.

Don
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weiss is my first name. Technically it's my middle name, but everyone if our family goes by their middle name. Weiss was my father's mother's maiden name. It's apparently a southern thing.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Started collecting in 1989.
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My parents named me Stuart shortly after I was born.

And that was a long time ago, because I was born when I was very young!

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    Red Sox fan
  • Options
    Kriek (pronounced creek) is my last name, which was shortened from Kriekensento (of Italian decent).
    J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    I collect z cars
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Crashed a couple , fixed far too many.
    ctf
  • Options
    My old CB Handle from the 60s
    I have done so much with so little for so long that I can now do anything with nothing for ever
  • Options
    After reading over 21 pages of this, I think I'll change my handle to "crosseyed". Great informational post, and extremely interesting.

Mine's for two things. First, I like US Half Cents a lot. Pretty obvious. The other is because my wife thinks that's about all the "sense" I have left when I bring home a new addition to the collection. But she's pretty awesome anyway!!!

Tom

PS: How can one change his/her handle here?
    You're now official, Bubba 4/24/04
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

PS: How can one change his/her handle here? >>

No!!!image

...because you lose your post countimage
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    I am an All American guy who has a Coin Company that deals in All American Coins.
    All American Coin & Jewlery Co.
    6024 N. 9th Ave #5
    Pensacola, FL 32504
    HTTP://WWW.AACoinCo.Com
  • Options
    haha, I take it almost no-one listend to the sound clip I posted...
  • Options
    My handle means I'm addicted to copper, especially 1909-1958. Clever, huh? image

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    ttt (to the top)
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    aem4162aem4162 Posts: 421
    my initials and birthdate
    anita...ana #r-217183...coin collecting noob
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    I'm a dealer and have specialized in these series for many years.

Rgrds
    Tomimage
  • Options
    Birthday gift. image

• Options
    OK. I'll try this one more time. The last couple got very few responses
    so if you put it off this time you may have to find the thread yourself.

ttt
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    "CCEX" was the acronym for my company of 12 years: Chicago Computer Exchange. The person who designed my company's logo died a month ago. CCEX was also my eBay ID for 5 years until last week, when a former employee of Barry Stuppler reported a single anti-ACG post I made on the eBay coin discussion board. "CCEX" is now NARU on eBay, but my handle here and on a couple of other boards lives on.
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • Options
    SemperFISemperFI Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    " SemperFI " Semper Fi is short for Semper Fidelis which means "Always Faithful".
    I am a former US Marine and miss the Marine Corps alot! My ebay username is SemperFI_0311_0341_5811 which is "Always Faithful" to my Marine Corps jobs (MOS) 0311 (Infantry - Rifleman), 0341 (Infantry - Mortarman), 5811 (Military Police).

I am currently in the Army Reserves and recently just returned from a 13 month tour in Iraq and now am getting ready for my next tour.

OoohRaah!!

SemperFI !!!
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
    I think I answered it here smoewhere, but it's initials and birth year.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Neat topic, even if I'm really late to it and only discovered it because someone unearthed a fossil recently.

I earned a nickname of "Ziggy" when I played on a beer-league softball team in college. As embarassing as it is to say, I was the so-called "lovable loser" who could never get a girl. And I was already balding by the age of 20, so "Ziggy" was a natural for a bald guy who couldn't get any. Shortly after that, in 1986, I think, I joined a softball team with some of these folks and others. When we were going to get uniforms made, I requested the number 29, as it was my old Little League number. So my uniform had the nickname "Ziggy" and the number 29 on it, and it kinda stuck with me, since it seemed pretty unique and distinctive. I've used "ziggy29" as an online handle almost ever since.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The story behind that is on my eBay bio page (link in my sig line).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    Friends say I'm a Goob and my wife seems to agree.
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options
    When my father was stationed in England with the USAF 72 thru 78. My parents breed, raised and sold championship show dogs. Our registered kennel name was Alergar which is a dirivation of my brothers and my name alan eric and gareth. I always liked the sound of it, sounds Welsh and I am 1/4 Welsh as you might be able to tell from my name.
  • Options
    started collecting coins in 1989.
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
    When I was young, my brother could not pronounce my name (Thomas) correctly.
  • Options
    The Lincoln cent is the longest running U.S Coin--since 1909

"It's an experimental division at Ft. Benning, and
    your lucky to be assigned there rather than anywhere
    else, because nobody knows anything about it, which
    means that you should know quickly as much about it
    as anybody."
    1st Cav in Vietnam
    Shelby Stanton
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    I was trying to pick a nic for MSN chat and every one I picked was taken.
    Everytime the screen came up and said try another I would say "What the ----"
    I couldn't use 'what the ----' so I toned it down to Phutthewuk. Some people still got it. Some just laughed and others whined so when I got here I figured I would tone it down a little more. Plus people are generally too lazy to type out Phutthewuk and only type Phut anyway.
  • Options
    I've been debating for a long time whether I should finally break down and explain my handle.

i think I'll keep you all guessing for a little while longer. image

"hambone" was already taken so I had to come up with smoething more original.
  • Options
    GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭
    Mine's kinda bizarre. Gonfunko is the name of my parody band, but it's not that simple. I came up with Gonfunko in about 2nd grade when I was bored out the wazooty. The kids next to me were practicing the usage of the F-word, and I was reading a book called Stinging Trees And Wait-A-Whiles, and had just started on a chapter called "Gone Troppo". My messed up mind then merged the word the folks next to me were using into the chapter, thus creating "Gone F-o" I thought it sounded kind of like a name, and I knew we were going to have a writing assingment soon, so I thought I'd use it as a character's name. But, I knew the teacher wouldn't like the origin, so I substituted the C with a N, creating "Funko", and then dropped the E and the space, thus "Gonfunko" The story I wrote for the assingment was "Gonfunko And The Butter Sculptures of Steak Tatar" (Don't ask). I used it for stories up to 7th grade, and when I started my parody band, I thought it was a strange enough name to associate it with parodies. Whew!
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to fish.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm old and I produce methane. image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    nepbrs44nepbrs44 Posts: 600 ✭✭
    nepbrs......New England Patriots........Boston Red Sox......nepbrs
    Bill.

Bust Half & FSB Merc Collector
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Explained on page 13.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, is this thing still going?

<gratuotous cheat post> +1
  • Options

<< <i>Man, is this thing still going?

<gratuotous cheat post> +1 >>

Hey! I got lots of posts in here> +15 image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Explain my handle?

I'll give you three guesses...

Three hints:

1.) I'm not a continually fustrated long-suffering Red Sox fan.

2.) I'm not a Mets fan with an inferiority complex.

3.) I'm a nice guy. image

Go Yankees!!!
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    mama gave me the Mac part and I picked out coin

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file