Home U.S. Coin Forum

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC) (SOLD OUT! )

Comments

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2017 3:03PM

@ECHOES It a chip of sorts. It is a mint error. Could of been foreign substance that was in between the dies during striking that left a void of sorts. It’s pretty clean looking and no loose chip inside the holder so it just got past inspection. Pretty neat. Have not heard of any major/ minor error from this set.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Overdate said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    For example, I can buy a PUT on Apple stock today for next year at a sell price of $100 (for example). . . A year from now, I have to sell the stock for $100.

I don't think so. My understanding is that buying a put gives you a right, but not an obligation, to sell the stock for $100. Let me know if I'm wrong.

You are correct. But you pay for the right to hold the option. I'm giving away a free put, so execution was mandatory to make it a fair wager.

Getting off topic,

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:

@Kkathyl said:
    Who shot George

Is that actually a hole, or a foreign substance?

Looks like a strike thru

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kkathyl said:
    @ECHOES It a chip of sorts. It is a mint error. Could of been foreign substance that was in between the dies during striking that left a void of sorts. It’s pretty clean looking and no loose chip inside the holder so it just got past inspection. Pretty neat. Have not heard of any major/ minor error from this set.

Is that the actual color (Black) or the way the light hits it?
    Is there a depression in that area?
    Could be a lamination, and that piece is missing.

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:

@Kkathyl said:
    Who shot George

That appears to be post strike damage or a piece of dirt. More like a defect than an error.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@grote15 said:

@ECHOES said:

@Kkathyl said:
    Who shot George

That appears to be post strike damage or a piece of dirt. More like a defect than an error.

That was my first thought also. One of my sets had a 'blob' (lack of a better word) of sorts on one of the Quarters, I was able to remove with a Q-Tip.

It’s a divot or missing nothing on coin. Came in set like that. Just thought I would share since it is the set of discussion. I’m keeping it. At worst I sell off the other coins in the set. Not concerned.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

@Kkathyl said:

It’s a divot or missing nothing on coin. Came in set like that. Just thought I would share since it is the set of discussion. I’m keeping it. At worst I sell off the other coins in the set. Not concerned.

That looks to me to be a detached lamination, cool, I would keep it.

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

@Overdate said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    For example, I can buy a PUT on Apple stock today for next year at a sell price of $100 (for example). . . A year from now, I have to sell the stock for $100.

I don't think so. My understanding is that buying a put gives you a right, but not an obligation, to sell the stock for $100. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Another rookie ..investor ..only if you Sell a put naked are you on the hook ,for delivering stock at the set price

If you buy a stock/index put .. you profit if stock/index goes down ..or ,if not , it expires worthless .... no other obligation
    :*:*:*

So, what's it going to be, ROOKIE? Are you going to take me up on the PUT or not?

Ya seem to be losin it ,,Like said above .. 225th sets ... small change...
    Mint pulled in those to buy 225th sets, including a few rooks seeing a chance for a easy kill profit..... seen it many times before
    Glad to see some early 225th set boosters went on to buy the 2017 Palladium coin ,not putting all focus on the 225th sets B)B)

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:

@Kkathyl said:

That looks to me to be a detached lamination, cool, I would keep it.

Maybe even get it slabbed so it you'll know for sure and have an official designation

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@ECHOES said:

@Kkathyl said:
    Who shot George

Hard to get post strike damage the way these are handled.

@bestday said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

@Overdate said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Another rookie ..investor ..only if you Sell a put naked are you on the hook ,for delivering stock at the set price

If you buy a stock/index put .. you profit if stock/index goes down ..or ,if not , it expires worthless .... no other obligation
    :*:*:*

So, what's it going to be, ROOKIE? Are you going to take me up on the PUT or not?

Ya seem to be losin it ,,Like said above .. 225th sets ... small change...
    Mint pulled in those to buy 225th sets, including a few rooks seeing a chance for a easy kill profit..... seen it many times before
    Glad to see some early 225th set boosters went on to buy the 2017 Palladium coin ,not putting all focus on the 225th sets B)B)

Rookie

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

whoops. That was one of the first sets i actually opened and set aside. When i went to mail out the two that I gave away, I grabbed it and one from the big box.

Congrats, you won twice.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Strike thru?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

i didn't look at it very long but it looked like a strike thru to me. I have only opened two of these sets; this one and one other for stock pictures for some listings.

I forgot i even had it until i saw that picture :D That was a very busy week at work.

Thanks @jessewvu you knew it would post to the board just thought you would have done it. You’re awesome. I’m waiting for my 500 thinking about doing the liberty commerative set as a giveaway. Not sure folks will go for that though. Does not seem popular.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

well, they dropped their price by 20 dollars, so they were not moving at 60. as of right now I can't sell a set unless it's under 35

from a distance....

I shipped 8 quarter sets this weekend. 7 with obvious bubbles. I didn't even check the full sets. I leave them unopened and just assume they have bubbles.

it would be interesting if anyone ever got bad feedback for selling a set with bubbles. I know if bought a set and wasn't aware of the problems with bubbles in this set, I wouldn't be happy

@coinpalice said:
    it would be interesting if anyone ever got bad feedback for selling a set with bubbles. I know if bought a set and wasn't aware of the problems with bubbles in this set, I wouldn't be happy

I've shipped 150 sets with no complaints or returns. Crusty old men are apparently only on this board. :wink:

I am far from old. i'm not even middle aged

close, but not quite

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:

Not only would I not be happy, I would also ding the seller with a neg. if it wasn't disclosed. I may be old, but not crusty. B)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

what's your ebay handle?

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:

But are you crusty?

@jessewvu said:
    what's your ebay handle?

everythingvaluable.com

@OPA said:

@coinpalice said:

Not only would I not be happy, I would also ding the seller with a neg. if it wasn't disclosed. I may be old, but not crusty. B)

Remind me to block you. :smile: If you are going to neg someone for selling you an original set in original OGP.

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

@coinpalice said:

But are you crusty?

If you recall, I did request a curmudgeon button. They could put it next to the LOL button...

MCM dropped their price to $32.95

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

$20?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@MsMorrisine said:
    $20?

My put is still available.

$32.95 is still more than the issue price.

Now 225th set sellers down wanting to block buyers after giving their money ,expecting in return ,a product in good condition ..LOL

@bestday said:
    Now 225th set sellers down wanting to block buyers after giving their money ,expecting in return ,a product in good condition ..LOL

That is NOT what I said, ROOKIE.

Actually, quite the contrary. I block people whose money I do not want because they are more trouble than it's worth.

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

Actually, quite the contrary. I block people whose money I do not want because they are more trouble than it's worth.

Looks like the weight ,hopelessness starting to set in ,on large holders of the 225th sets :o:o

MCM cutting their price on the 225th sets because it is not selling ..LOL again

@bestday said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@bestday said:

Looks like the weight ,hopelessness starting to set in ,on large holders of the 225th sets :o:o

MCM cutting their price on the 225th sets because it is not selling ..LOL again

If you are talking about me, I'm not a large holder

edited November 21, 2017 2:43PM

All right. All set for 13K sets to be released on Black Friday...

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC)
    DateNumber soldNet IncreaseComment
    First 10 weeks deleted. See post 2 of this thread for full sales data.
    10/29/2017210,4855,700
    11/5/2017210,789304
    11/12/2017210,710-79
    11/19/2017210,670-40

@BackroadJunkie said:

10/29/2017210,4855,700
    11/5/2017210,789304
    11/12/2017210,710-79
    11/19/2017210,670-40

Lol. If they haven't released them now, they aren't releasing Friday. It's a federal holiday

@jmlanzaf said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

> > > > > > > >
    10/29/2017210,4855,700
    11/5/2017210,789304
    11/12/2017210,710-79
    11/19/2017210,670-40

Lol. If they haven't released them now, they aren't releasing Friday. It's a federal holiday

The Feds don't run the website. PFSWeb does. They'll be working, it'll be on of the busiest days of the year for them.

I fully expect free shipping to start Friday...

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    $20?

Not after shipping and handling factored in.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    $20?

Actually, yes. Mint was selling at 29.95 with free shipping

edited November 21, 2017 2:54PM

@BackroadJunkie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
    10/29/2017210,4855,700
    11/5/2017210,789304
    11/12/2017210,710-79
    11/19/2017210,670-40

The Feds don't run the website. PFSWeb does. They'll be working, it'll be on of the busiest days of the year for them.

I fully expect free shipping to start Friday...

And why would they have them laying around now and not list them. Cyber Monday would be a better bet than black Friday

edited November 21, 2017 3:01PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    $20?

Free shipping wasn't available on the issue date.

Secondly, it costs $3.00 for postage and shipping supplies unless you are shipping free.

Actually, first class shipping cost is greater than $3.00 not even considering shipping materials.

i think the right move on this set would of been buying the very reasonable fdi and fs 70 graded sets at 130 dollars or lower and buying maybe one or two sets from the mint. I see the graded sets going up in the future as long as you get them at the mentioned 130 or lower, or even the Washington DC fdi set that sells below 100 in no reserve

remember, jmlanzaf bought sets hoping for a 35 sell, 5 dollar profit which would be a negative sale

edited November 21, 2017 3:37PM

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    $20?

Free shipping wasn't available on the issue date.

Secondly, it costs $3.00 for postage and shipping supplies unless you are shipping free.

Cost of shipping is irrelevant. The mint sold them at $29.95 with free shipping from early October until they went unavailable. So, my statement stands correct: the current price is still higher than the Mint price. Even if you want to include the $4.95 shipping, if you buy 2 sets from MCM it is still above the issue price of the Mint $65.90 vs. $64.85).

@coinpalice said:
    remember, jmlanzaf bought sets hoping for a 35 sell, 5 dollar profit which would be a negative sale

If you remember, jmlanzaf sold 50 sets for $45 each, broke up 89 sets and sold them in pieces for an average price of $39 per set net and only has a little over 100 sets left at a net cost of $25.40 each, if everyone wants to know my business. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file