Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC) (SOLD OUT! )

Comments

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭

@epcjimi1 said:
    Srsly

I know you wanted to be the first to know...it sold out.....again.... :)

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold out! [For now.]

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

I think this is it. Mint won't update to available again.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2017 9:59AM

unavailable maybe 15 minutes ago

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

srsly

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently unavailable again..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be leery of any sets ordered from today on. The probability of getting somebody's rejects is nearing 100%.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    I would be leery of any sets ordered from today on. The probability of getting somebody's rejects is nearing 100%.

Have we ever determined what the mint does with rejects?

Given the number of relatively minor reasons for which people send sets back, that may not be a bad thing. If they rebox bent boxes, reholder cracked plastics, what's the harm?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kudbegud said:

Have we ever determined what the mint does with rejects?

Given the number of relatively minor reasons for which people send sets back, that may not be a bad thing. If they rebox bent boxes, reholder cracked plastics, what's the harm?

for all that are sent back? there's the truly damaged that have differing opinions regarding damaged vs. not damaged, and there are those that do not meet an individual's standards.

A: not definitively.

• Options
    edited August 14, 2017 12:26PM

I'm checking the shine on each coin and I am seeing varying degrees of shine on the dime, then nickels and some of the quarters.

of the lettering on some of the dimes are almost as matte as the fields. the difference is barely discernable.

I didn't see any as pictured.

ordered first thing 8/3 once they went back on sale but they did not ship until this past friday for some reason. I suppose I should not have chosen the slow boat.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2017 3:21PM

'This product is currently unavailable'

Dang it!

Really having a good time with this thread, once again Thanks BackroadJunkie!

Srsly

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2017 8:13PM

I sent my 3 rejected sets back today I know they will become available in about 3 to 4 days. Maybe somebody might be able to get them in 7 to 10 days.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    I sent my 3 rejected sets back today I know they will become available in about 3 to 4 days. Maybe somebody might be able to get them in 7 to 10 days.

It all depends what the "experts" at the US Mint determines to be flawed sets before they are made available again. Contrary to popular believe, the Mint does not resell all rejects, but only those that are deemed not to have major issues and would be acceptable to the majority of collectors.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@FullStrike said:
    Sometime you got to wonder about fellow coin nuts. I got 5 sets and have money left over compared to what some are tossing away on just one set. Sometimes it makes you question just how real things are in this "fake news" era.

Here are some of the rules to get your set graded by PCGS, it looks expensive.

2017-S 10 Coin Denver ANA Set Enhanced Uncirculated PCGS SP 70 * FIRST STRIKE

https://www.pcgs.com/labels

2017 Denver ANA

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set

Available Now

To continue the celebration of the 225th Anniversary of the United States Mint, PCGS will be offering special labels for the 2017 225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set to all PCGS Collector Club members and Authorized Dealers at the 2017 Denver ANA. Rules and restrictions apply.

Follow these instructions.

Submission Instructions
    →All coins must be from the 2017 225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set
    →Valid for Standard service (Secure not available)
    →One special label per submission form
    →Not available in conjunction with any other submission, special or label (i.e. First Strike Flag, other PCGS Special Labels)
    →Pricing is as follows; •$35 per coin, includes grading and special label fees.
    •5-coin minimum to receive special show pricing.

→For the 2017 Denver ANA label, under the "Other" line in the service level section of the submission form, indicate "Label #336.” Grading and First Strike/Special Label fee included.

How many coins are the bulk submitters having to submit to get a BIG discount on the above grading fee's?

Last time I did a bulk it was a 100 coin minimum with no more than 5 different dates/types. With a 10 coin set that would be 200 coins?

What is the charge if sending in a 200 coin submission on these?

GrandAm :)
  • Options

yes they are

• Options

@GRANDAM said:

@Gluggo said:

@FullStrike said:
    Sometime you got to wonder about fellow coin nuts. I got 5 sets and have money left over compared to what some are tossing away on just one set. Sometimes it makes you question just how real things are in this "fake news" era.

Here are some of the rules to get your set graded by PCGS, it looks expensive.

2017-S 10 Coin Denver ANA Set Enhanced Uncirculated PCGS SP 70 * FIRST STRIKE

https://www.pcgs.com/labels

2017 Denver ANA

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set

Available Now

To continue the celebration of the 225th Anniversary of the United States Mint, PCGS will be offering special labels for the 2017 225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set to all PCGS Collector Club members and Authorized Dealers at the 2017 Denver ANA. Rules and restrictions apply.

Follow these instructions.

Submission Instructions
    →All coins must be from the 2017 225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set
    →Valid for Standard service (Secure not available)
    →One special label per submission form
    →Not available in conjunction with any other submission, special or label (i.e. First Strike Flag, other PCGS Special Labels)
    →Pricing is as follows; •$35 per coin, includes grading and special label fees.
    •5-coin minimum to receive special show pricing.

→For the 2017 Denver ANA label, under the "Other" line in the service level section of the submission form, indicate "Label #336.” Grading and First Strike/Special Label fee included.

How many coins are the bulk submitters having to submit to get a BIG discount on the above grading fee's?

Last time I did a bulk it was a 100 coin minimum with no more than 5 different dates/types. With a 10 coin set that would be 200 coins?

What is the charge if sending in a 200 coin submission on these?

They might view the "set" as a single type. You could just call or email and ask. They'll provide a quote.

If I had to take a guess, they are probably submitted a couple hundred sets at about $8 per coin.

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭✭

For sale again.......and probably again, and again!!

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

nurmaler-how many sets this time. back on sale again

• Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    nurmaler-how many sets this time. back on sale again

WHOA!

• Options

now THAT's a massive return

• Options

@nurmaler said:
    now THAT's a massive return

Well, given the timing, this is when I would expect them to be getting the bulk of the flipper returns. You have to figure 4-7 days out and 4-7 days back. Probably see this for the next week or so before they finally sell out for good. IMHO

• Options

wow! thank you

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are probably as many available on eBay as there were offered by the mint. Okay, maybe a few thousand went to collectors, but...

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be interesting to see the sales report later today

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    It will be interesting to see the sales report later today

Well, the sales report will tell us 220, 000 sold (approximately) as that was there were a few thousand available on Monday - which sold out. The sales report does not take into account future returns which is what we're saying today. If you recall, the sales report last week showed over 217,000 sold which, ironically, meant there were only about the 7500 that were still on sale today. So, it appears that in the last 9 days the mint is getting them back at almost exactly the same rate that they are sending them out.

• Options

the mint is taking the hit on the returns, they have to pay shipping cost, but i'm sure ups gives them a discount

• Options

the return shipping

• Options

plus you know it cost more than 4.95 to ship out 100 plus sets

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    plus you know it cost more than 4.95 to ship out 100 plus sets

You'd be surprised how steep the discount is for a volume commercial shipper. May not get to $4.95 (not counting packing services, of course), but it is probably much cheaper than you think. And the single sets are probably much less than $4.95, so they make money there. [Again, ignoring the packing part of it.]

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone go ahead and buy the remaining stock? Its only $216,000......several of you spend that on 1 coin. :wink:

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@dmwest said:
    Can someone go ahead and buy the remaining stock? Its only $216,000......several of you spend that on 1 coin. :wink:

lol. The problem is, when they get another 7,000 returns tomorrow, you need another $216,000! :)

[Although, honestly, I'd imagine that's the biggest return day - Monday - because of shipping over the weekend.]

• Options

I was watching the sales of the last 75 sets in stock at the mint web sight the other day, 75 percent were ordering one set while 25 percent were ordering 2 sets. the sales of these last sets are going to true collectors so that's a good thing

• Options

at the same time, it's going to take a long time to go though 7,000 plus sets with people buying them one or 2 at a time, it took over 30 minutes for 75 sets to sell yesterday. not to mention probably another 4,500 more returns coming

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    the mint is taking the hit on the returns, they have to pay shipping cost, but i'm sure ups gives them a discount

The mint only pays return shipping if there was something wrong with the coins. Most of these, the customer pays to ship back.

• Options

I was thinking about getting a American Liberty 225th Anniversary Silver Four-Medal Set, only if the mintage will be in the 25,000 area. knowing the mint, they will make 100,000

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 3 in unopened mint box. If interested send me a message.

I purchase all my items from US mint and have most items in original mint box un-open marked on outside what they are so you get what was shipped from the mint, nothing else.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kkathyl said:

>

I purchase all my items from US mint and have most items in original mint box un-open marked on outside what they are so you get what was shipped from the mint, nothing else.

Wrong forum. Post this in the for sale section

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2017 1:08PM

New numbers out, though last Sunday...

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC)
    DateNumber soldNet Increase
    8/6/2017217514217514
    8/13/20172233105796
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2017 1:12PM

@coinpalice said:
    I was thinking about getting a American Liberty 225th Anniversary Silver Four-Medal Set, only if the mintage will be in the 25,000 area. knowing the mint, they will make 100,000

Thread for the silver medal set:

2017 American Liberty Four Silver Medal Set (17XD)

• Options

~100/hour

• Options

@nurmaler said:

~100/hour

Well, that's going to take some time...unless another market maker needs inventory.

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those danged collectors are slowing everything down.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shorecoll said:

Dang it!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just ordered 10 sets 5 minutes ago, no wait, easy as pie, order # USM052394XX

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2017 5:21PM

This year ( the Mints 225th year) the World is excited by the historic portrayal of Lady Liberty as an African American Lady. EVERYONE who is serious about Numismatics wants at least one of the Gold HR Liberty Coins. Nothing else matters this year.

Is it any wonder? Why this EU thing is going under.

The Mint has got to be gloating. " Any Garbage we throw out there, our valued and loyal fans will suck up ".

• Options
    edited August 15, 2017 5:30PM

Ordered a "handful" a few minutes ago...No issues.052394xx. I guess they are not flying of the shelves.

• Options

@FullStrike said:
    This year ( the Mints 225th year) the World is excited by the historic portrayal of Lady Liberty as an African American Lady. EVERYONE who is serious about Numismatics wants at least one of the Gold HR Liberty Coins. Nothing else matters this year.

Is it any wonder? Why this EU thing is going under.

The Mint has got to be gloating. " Any Garbage we throw out there, our valued and loyal fans will suck up ".

Going under? It's near sell-out and still selling strongly. I'd be willling to bet they are still selling at $30-$35 for years.

• Options

@shorecoll said:

Not the collectors, it's the flippers that slowed things down by sending 50,000 of them back.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@shorecoll said:

Not the collectors, it's the flippers that slowed things down by sending 50,000 of them back.

Nonsense...You seem to forget, that your so called flippers are the market makers in coins and not the "collectors." Without the "flippers", investors or speculators, you'd have a stagnating market.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, that's a bit speculative there. It would be a different market that would have to readjust. Quite frankly, this flipping business is IMO contributing to the erosion of collector base.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file